@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The Politically Correct People are Stupid Thread

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 03/18/2013, 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Quote from: 420GOAT on 04/07/2013, 01:21 AMwe live in a world where almost anything goes. except speaking what you really feel. if i dont like a certain group for certain reasons, why cant i say so? its how i feel.
First, it doesn't matter what you "feel"; what do you think? What do you believe?

Second, you can say anything you want, at least in theory. Homeland security might detain you indefinitely and Facebook might fork your info over to the police, but generally the internet is awash with harsh judgements about broad groups of people and nothing happens. Of course, Aaron doesn't allow hate speech (thank god), but no one's stopping you from starting a different BB. If you need to tiptoe around your real-life friends, maybe it time to put things out in the open. Either there will be an exchange of ideas and you'll become better friends or you'll offend them and find friends you're more comfortable around. Win-win either way.

Being un-PC in the public arena is dicey, but I'll defend your first amendment rights even if I strongly object to what you're saying and I'm shouting at you on a video game forum.

Quotethere are groups that no matter how hard i try to see the forrest for the trees, they are always the same 90% of the time. there are stereotypes for a reason.
Volunteer at a free ESL school and I guarantee your opinions will do a 180.

How many different environments do you see these groups in? Seeing a group everyday on the street is completely different than working with them at a job or seeing them in school or church. Here in Minneapolis there's a large Somali population. Drive across town and all you'll see is that they're horrific drivers. Go to the local technical school and they're earnest and hard-working like everyone else.

Humans are capable of anything, but our situation almost always overrides our disposition. Ghettos are full of crime and obesity because the people are surrounded by poverty, not their ethnicity.

Quotethere are some ideas that should be under wraps, gay marriage is one of them. i dont want my kids seeing same sex affection
As for GLBT folk, their feelings and affections are just as valid as yours. The day you met your wife, did you scan the room and think long and hard about which gender you were looking for? Of course not. Neither do gays. It just so happens that 3% of the population swings the other way. As population density increases, homosexuality increases. This happens with all mammals, not just humans. It's just the way nature works.
Topic Adjourned.

Arkhan Asylum

the foreigners at my highschool had a wide variety of personalities.

There were skanks, ditzy chicks, pot smoking criminal dudes, complete dorks, angry ones, stupid ones, annoying ones.

I mean, they were like everyone else. Same kind of variety.  They just had goofy accents and their parents smelled like meat.  Oh well.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Marll

Even beyond Political Correctness, the thing that drives me nuts are the people that preach tolerance when they themselves are extremely intolerant of anything. In America right now it looks like this from what I observe:

Be tolerant of all races - Unless they are white

Be tolerant of all religions - Unless they are Christian

Be tolerant of all sexual preferences - Unless they aren't gay. No offence to anyone that is gay, I couldn't give two shits who you are fucking, but don't try to force the issue on people. There seems to be an a growing air in the US right now that if you aren't gay it's just because you haven't tried it. Why in the world do some want only one dimension of their personality to define them? I just don't get the need to run around and advertise who you're sticking it to and base everything about who you are on that one thing...

Be tolerant of all political ideologies - Unless they are conservative in any way

Don't be tolerant of gun ownership - Unless the government is the one with the guns. Don't even get me started with the mess that is...

Don't be tolerant of murder - Unless it's an infant.... Just go ahead and look at some pictures of late term abortions and tell me that's not a fucking person... makes me fucking sick. And yet the types of people that I run into that are super pro-abortion tend also to be very anti death penalty for violent criminals....I just can't wrap my head around the idea that a fucking BABY is more ok to exterminate like a fucking roach hiding in your kitchen than a hardened murderer or rapist serving life in prison sucking the tax payer dry. Give then their day in court, a few appeals and then when they fail, take them out behind the courthouse and put a fucking .45 slug in the back of their skull. The baby you should give every chance to live....

Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

retroguy

Quote from: Marll on 04/09/2013, 12:02 PMBe tolerant of all races - Unless they are white

Be tolerant of all religions - Unless they are Christian
The only people I'm intolerant of are bigots who know that they're bigots and don't care and it's been my experience that white christians are the most bigoted people on the planet. They spew the most hate-filled rhetoric you'll ever hear and when you call them on it, then they moan and wail about how persecuted they are. I'm sorry, but not being allowed to persecute others is NOT a form of persecution no matter how much you want to believe that it is. And pigeonholing all gay people as only caring about sex just shows that you obviously have never gotten to know any gay people. Why is that? Are you afraid we'll get cooties on you and make you gay too? Jerk.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Marll

Quote from: retroguy on 04/09/2013, 12:14 PMThe only people I'm intolerant of are bigots who know that they're bigots and don't care and it's been my experience that white christians are the most bigoted people on the planet. They spew the most hate-filled rhetoric you'll ever hear and when you call them on it, then they moan and wail about how persecuted they are. I'm sorry, but not being allowed to persecute others is NOT a form of persecution no matter how much you want to believe that it is. And pigeonholing all gay people as only caring about sex just shows that you obviously have never gotten to know any gay people. Why is that? Are you afraid we'll get cooties on you and make you gay too? Jerk.
Not sure if serious or....

Here's the deal. I've worked closely with more than a few gay men, and I'm seriously totally cool with them, and in fact I think they are great people and people that I'm not afraid at all to call my friends. I will defend their right to be with whoever they want because this is America and you should have the freedom to do that if you so chose. I've also been around gays that ALL that they were is what they did sexually and they could never get past that. It's like there was nothing else to them except their sexual identity...which is sad. What I can't stand is the political posturing and the overall tone of the "gay movement" in America right now. A good example was when I attended the Emerald City Comic-Con recently in Seattle. There was a display booth for LGBT comics and they had quite a few displays for things that said stuff like "Homo-superior" etc. Why if we are all equal are you pushing the we're better than you idea? Aren't we all just people? I don't go around talking about who I'm fucking and how awesome it is to be a heterosexual man, because well that wouldn't be polite, so why is it ok in the reverse?

Secondly I also am intolerant of bigots of any race, religion, and gender because they are total fucking tools. I've met more than my fair share and been the object of hate from other races because I'm white, even though not really. I have a varied background of Italian, Hungarian Jew, Shawnee Indian, and probably a few other things mixed in there. Don't talk to me about fucking persecution with my ancestery nearly being wiped out by people that are intolerant of others, further I have no real roots in this country (except the Shawnee part) before the late 1800s, so when people lump me in with the slave owning white person stereo type it gets pretty old.

Third, you're example that you use of only knowing Christians that are bigots is interesting when you go on to talk about not getting to know any gays because of fear. I've known Christians that are whack jobs and many more that are nice, giving accepting people. I've also know Muslims that were good people and ones that I wouldn't be surprised are back in the Middle East fighting a Jihad right now (and they were Americans FYI).

I myself am an Atheist and have no use for religion personally, but certainly think that anyone should be able to worship as they see fit, unless that brings harm to others. The issue I have with the Christianity thing is that the media and many politicians IMMEDIATELY write off anyone that has a Christian view without even considering whether their argument is logical.

retroguy

The reason I tend to distrust christians is because there have been so many times where I've given people the benefit of the doubt and considered them friends precisely because they seemed like giving, accepting people, only to have them turn out to be horrible bigots after all. No joke, I have lost count of the number of times that's happened, so even though I know it's not right, I can't help being wary of all christians at this point. This is honestly something I struggle with because I don't want to be bigoted against them, but I've been burned often enough that I honestly feel like I can't trust any of them at this point. That's why I responded to your post the way I did. It was pretty much a knee-jerk reaction. Sorry.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

420GOAT

LETS JUST AGREE EVRYONE SUCKS!! COOL? NOW LETS FUCKEN PLAY SOME TG-16.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Marll

Quote from: retroguy on 04/09/2013, 12:51 PMThe reason I tend to distrust christians is because there have been so many times where I've given people the benefit of the doubt and considered them friends precisely because they seemed like giving, accepting people, only to have them turn out to be horrible bigots after all. No joke, I have lost count of the number of times that's happened, so even though I know it's not right, I can't help being wary of all christians at this point. This is honestly something I struggle with because I don't want to be bigoted against them, but I've been burned often enough that I honestly feel like I can't trust any of them at this point. That's why I responded to your post the way I did. It was pretty much a knee-jerk reaction. Sorry.
I totally get it retroguy, I really do. It sucks though when things like that happen because people can't be more tolerant of everyone, you don't have to accept it or agree with what they are or do, but everyone should be treated with the same level of respect.

Though I've always said: "I hate people. People all suck. However I can get to know a person and realize they are cool...but people in general still suck."