Got my first TG16 tattoo... won't be the last !

Started by reno5, 08/28/2013, 08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno5

It's on the inside of my left biceps.

/2frv.jpg

bob

NecroPhile

He'll be Wookie Zonk if you don't keep shaving.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

reno5

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2013, 09:38 AMHe'll be Wookie Zonk if you don't keep shaving.  :P
I'll have my hair colored green so it looks like he's flying over grass LOL

esteban

If this was closer to your left armpit, we could call him Air Stonk.

:pcgs:

NOTE: No, it isn't make any sense.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

420GOAT

sweet. this should be tg-16/pc engine tats thread.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

esteban

Quote from: 420GOAT on 08/28/2013, 11:21 AMsweet. this should be tg-16/pc engine tats thread.
I have a few TG-16 tattoos on my scrotum. I'll take some pictures later, after I shave.

reno5

Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2013, 11:27 AMI have a few TG-16 tattoos on my scrotum. I'll take some pictures later, after I shave.
Is it a tattoo of the girl from Chew Man Fu pushing your balls around ?

esteban

Quote from: reno5 on 08/28/2013, 11:38 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2013, 11:27 AMI have a few TG-16 tattoos on my scrotum. I'll take some pictures later, after I shave.
Is it a tattoo of the girl from Chew Man Fu pushing your balls around ?
Ha! I wish. I have a portrait of the hero from Blodia, after it has fallen off the track...'tis a somber mood. IMG

RoyVegas

Cool tat but I really don't think you're hardcore enough until you legally change your name to Johnny Turbo.  :D
All is well. :)

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

_Paul

CrackTiger

The artwork and coloring is very nice. Did you design it yourself?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

The world needs more Splash Lake tattoos.

MotherGunner

One of these days, i will get a Devil Foot Tattoo

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

MrFlutterPie

esteban

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

reno5

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2013, 04:46 PMThe artwork and coloring is very nice. Did you design it yourself?
I did not. I used a pixelised image found on web and tattoo artist smoothed it out.

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/29/2013, 03:01 AMHell no :lol:
I know—you would opt for "Nurse Nancy" instead. No, I have no idea what the character's original Hapanese name is.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 08/29/2013, 09:36 AM
I know—you would opt for "Nurse Nancy" instead. No, I have no idea what the character's original Hapanese name is.
I don't think that there was ever an official dvd release of the early Wataru series, but you can get "asian" sets on eBay pretty cheap. I haven't watched much yet, but judging from the scene where Wataru meets the weapon shop guy, the show is right up your alley.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Nando

Quote from: reno5 on 08/28/2013, 10:50 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/28/2013, 09:38 AMHe'll be Wookie Zonk if you don't keep shaving.  :P
I'll have my hair colored green so it looks like he's flying over grass LOL
HAHAHHA nice!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2013, 12:11 PM
I don't think that there was ever an official dvd release of the early Wataru series, but you can get "asian" sets on eBay pretty cheap. I haven't watched much yet, but judging from the scene where Wataru meets the weapon shop guy, the show is right up your alley.
I watched a few episodes (the first 2.5-3.5 episodes) a few years ago. IIRC, it seemed aimed at a younger demographic than I was hoping it was for.

IIRC, the animation quality wasn't too bad?

Bernie

If I actually had more room, I would look into a game related tattoo, but its something I would want seen, and my canvas is pretty much occupied.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Bernie on 08/29/2013, 06:02 PMIf I actually had more room, I would look into a game related tattoo, but its something I would want seen, and my canvas is pretty much occupied.
hehe i always assumed you did have a game one or two. :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

munchiaz

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Tatsujin

Sorry, but no tat for tats ever :P
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/30/2013, 09:35 AM
The only tattoo I have actually considered getting!  So many layers of brilliant irony, it would truly show the full depth of my intellect to those select few individuals upon whom I would bestow the honor of viewing it.

However, this talk of scrotal tattoos has given me some ideas...
Bonk-PCESNES-MeatEaters.png
It needs to be the frame when he lands on his head.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

roflmao

If this was Facebook, I would "like" this thread.  You are hardcore, reno.

reno5

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2013, 10:46 PMIf this was Facebook, I would "like" this thread.  You are hardcore, reno.
Thanks. Almost completely healed now and looks fantastic :)

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Marll

I've been thinking about getting a half sleeve on my right arm (gotta have a way to cover it when needed, so no full sleeves for me) that is all gaming related. I'd like to have a mish mash of Nintendo, Sega, Arcade and TG16 stuff in there from the golden era of gaming, but TG16 stuff will probably outweigh most everything else.

Just gotta find a good artist in the Seattle area that can do the work. I'm by no means and artist, so I'll have to explain the concept and have someone not only do the tat, but design the layout and do the artwork too.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Nando

Quote from: Marll on 09/06/2013, 01:45 PMI've been thinking about getting a half sleeve on my right arm (gotta have a way to cover it when needed, so no full sleeves for me) that is all gaming related. I'd like to have a mish mash of Nintendo, Sega, Arcade and TG16 stuff in there from the golden era of gaming, but TG16 stuff will probably outweigh most everything else.

Just gotta find a good artist in the Seattle area that can do the work. I'm by no means and artist, so I'll have to explain the concept and have someone not only do the tat, but design the layout and do the artwork too.
Sounds pretty awesome. It's going to be several sittings with many hours, but awesome no less. 

To help the artist out, you could search and find the characters/images you want, print them out and do a collage. Scissors and a stick of glue would be all you need. That will help them out big time and maybe bring down the cost of your piece.

esteban

Quote from: Nando on 10/04/2013, 05:19 PM
Quote from: Marll on 09/06/2013, 01:45 PMI've been thinking about getting a half sleeve on my right arm (gotta have a way to cover it when needed, so no full sleeves for me) that is all gaming related. I'd like to have a mish mash of Nintendo, Sega, Arcade and TG16 stuff in there from the golden era of gaming, but TG16 stuff will probably outweigh most everything else.

Sounds pretty awesome. It's going to be several sittings with many hours, but awesome no less. 

To help the artist out, you could search and find the characters/images you want, print them out and do a collage. Scissors and a stick of glue would be all you need. That will help them out big time and maybe bring down the cost of your piece.
May I suggest getting a full sleeve comprised entirely of heart containers from Bonk's Adventure?

IMG  IMG  IMG  IMG  IMG  IMG  IMG  IMG  IMG  IMG

...and so on.

I will be doing this, but 1.5 hearts will be RED. This symbolizes the fact that I have potential for infinite life (I am immortal, essentially), but that due to kids/bills/life/fatigue/no-free-time I am only at 1.5 hearts.

You think I am joking, but I am not.

Marll

Quote from: Nando on 10/04/2013, 05:19 PM

Yeah the collage idea would probably be great, and then the artist could potentially rearrange stuff as it makes sense.

The biggest downside is the time and money investment (I already have quite a few tattoos and my left arms is not sleeved, but most of the upper half is already taken up by a tattoo). Also making sure I capture the idea that gaming is a huge part of my life and my favorite era honestly is 16bit, all while having it mesh into a coherent design that "flows" well.

Combining elements of Nintendo characters, Sega, Arcade and TG16 could be hard to do in a cohesive manner. I'd also like to get some hardware pics in there too (maybe a turbo pad or turbo stick).

It's all in my head, but I've never been good at getting that kind of stuff onto paper.

Nando

Do it as a back piece!!!!

Here's something that might help you out layout wise. Paul Robertson is pretty bad ass

IMG

Marll

Quote from: Nando on 10/11/2013, 03:21 PMDo it as a back piece!!!!

Here's something that might help you out layout wise. Paul Robertson is pretty bad ass

IMG
Yeah something similar with different systems and characters mashed up is likely what I'd be going for.

Nando

Can't wait to see what you and your artist come up with.