FS: TurboGrafx-16 Case label Stickers: Large, Small & Duo/CD sets.

Started by Sparky, 05/02/2008, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 01:23 PM
Quote from: Elder on 06/07/2014, 10:45 PMShould I repurpose an existing game or pick up a tray from Seymor Onion?
No choice.  Seymour hasn't made cases yet.
Yeah what happened with that?  I saw a while back he was looking to make cases, but it was always TBA.

NecroPhile

I'm sure it's due to cost and predicted demand; it'd cost thousands to have a die made, and he doesn't think he can sell enough at $1 each to ever pay for the initial cost.  Though maybe the numbers would work out if he'd go up in price per unit.  I didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Elder

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 05:31 PMI'm sure it's due to cost and predicted demand; it'd cost thousands to have a die made, and he doesn't think he can sell enough at $1 each to ever pay for the initial cost.  Though maybe the numbers would work out if he'd go up in price per unit.  I didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.
Yeah honestly if there was a perfect solution I'd pay a good chunk of change.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 05:31 PMI didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.
Shit, even $4-5 is whatevs, as long as it gets him going so that we longer have to..how do you say..cannibalize* old game cases?

*machine-only term? Or can people use for other thing-ohs?
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/10/2014, 12:43 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 05:31 PMI didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.
Shit, even $4-5 is whatevs, as long as it gets him going so that we longer have to..how do you say..cannibalize* old game cases?

*machine-only term? Or can people use for other thing-ohs?
Yeah, even the "cheap" games are getting too pricey to cannibalize in good conscience these days. 

I bought a ton of CD cases off Amazon awhile ago that I've been using for spare cases, but if Seymor or Aetherbutt ever release a case, I'll be picking up another Sparky set! :)

FantasyZoneKid7

Down for a large set, pm has been sent.

These are awesome!!!

Elder

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 01:25 AMYeah, even the "cheap" games are getting too pricey to cannibalize in good conscience these days. 

I bought a ton of CD cases off Amazon awhile ago that I've been using for spare cases, but if Seymor or Aetherbutt ever release a case, I'll be picking up another Sparky set! :)
Agreed!  Cheap games are no longer cheap and having to eat through 21 cheap games is hardly an option.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 01:25 AMYeah, even the "cheap" games are getting too pricey to cannibalize in good conscience these days. 

Took me, for what seemed like forever, to get a decent amount of "blank" cases. I now have enough to cover me, provided, aside from what are referred to as "the 21", I only buy games that include their original cases. Wah wah.

Quote from: FantasyZoneKid7 on 06/10/2014, 08:25 AMDown for a large set, pm has been sent.

These are awesome!!!
Please.... Please, for the love of all things, please make an introduction before just posting. Eff.
IMG

Elder

Labels arrived today and they're glorious.  :)

Thanks again!

Elder

Sorry for the double post, but I wasn't sure where best to post this and didn't want to start a new thread on such a potentially niche subject.  I mentioned in this thread before that I have been looking for custom made Turbo inlays or cases for the infamous 21 case-less Turbo releases.  Long story short, everyone said that Seymor Onion wasn't willing to spend the money on such a small return on investment.  I figured I had nothing to lose so I shot them an email asking what the status was of their cases, and got an interesting reply.  Here's the exact quote:

Quote"Hi there,

Are there any HuCard game trays available?

Thanks for the info :)

-Jarrod

----------------------------------

Our HuCard Jewel Cases aren't ready yet.

There's a guy on the www.pcengine-fx.com forums, who's working on making some.
We're not going to invest any $ in making our variation, until/unless that guy descides to not make them anymore."
Does anyone know who they're referring to?  I haven't heard of anyone making custom cases on these boards.  I know I could buy a sports game or some other cheap game and simply apply the sticker on the case and be done with it, but part of me would rather not deface a Turbo game, no matter how common it is.  So I'm kind of curious if any of you know who this person was referring to.

Sorry for the thread drift, but I figured this might be interesting to follow up on, and it is sort of related to these awesome custom labels.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Elder on 06/14/2014, 09:21 PMDoes anyone know who they're referring to?  I haven't heard of anyone making custom cases on these boards.
He's probably talking about jelloslug.

Sparky

Sorry no, just gut theses sports and keithy cases is your only option right now.

FantasyZoneKid7

I received my set of labels and let me just say.......BETTER then expected!!!

These adhere to the original cases with ease, no air bubbles, lifting,or peeling of any kind. An amazing replacement label indeed.

Sparky

HailingTheThings

IMG

airforceshields

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: airforceshields on 09/26/2014, 09:59 PMGreat stuff, sir. How do I make a purchase?
hey kevin! just hit up sparky via pm to let him know what you want. i'll put in a good word for you!

handyman907

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: handyman907 on 09/27/2014, 07:20 AMThese look great. I might get a set myself.
trust me, this labels look amazing! you wont regret it.

KGD

Bought a set of these, and I'm extremely pleased with them. Do not hesitate!

NecroPhile

Medic_wheat

This looks great!

Does anyone known a good place to get Jewl cases that closly match the originals (Hu and CD) that the TG-16 used?

or maybe someone can reproduce them?

clackattack

Yea these things do look pretty rad. Definitely alot better than the sticky spine labels I made on my cheap inkjet printer  :?   Prolly try to pick up the set sometime here soon... If only Seymore Onion would get on that HUcard tray now that no one else makes them....... do they?
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

Sparky

Bump as new batches are made... And sparky want to buy a PS Vita :P

madboom0522

Titles to complete... Caught them all....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: madboom0522 on 10/19/2014, 08:44 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/07/2014, 05:39 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/07/2014, 03:13 AMBumping this.*
*listening to:
Hailing what the hell was that?.... I was waiting for the long hired guys to come out....
Everyone I show that to either "hits" or hugs me.
IMG

madboom0522

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 10/19/2014, 08:51 PM
Quote from: madboom0522 on 10/19/2014, 08:44 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/07/2014, 05:39 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/07/2014, 03:13 AMBumping this.*
*listening to:
The hard part is not laughing your ass off at it....

Hailing what the hell was that?.... I was waiting for the long hired guys to come out....
Everyone I show that to either "hits" or hugs me.
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: madboom0522 on 10/19/2014, 09:23 PMThe hard part is not laughing your ass off at it....
I like it, it's fun! I will admit I laughed a little at first, but it's just so good. lol
IMG

Sapicco

Hi sparky. New to the forums.  Are these sets still available?

Sparky

Quote from: Sapicco on 02/24/2015, 07:13 PMHi sparky. New to the forums.  Are these sets still available?
They are, pm me which set size you want and will go from there,
welcome aboard man make sure you introduce yourself as it's good to see new blood :)

TurboGrafx

PCEngineFX

Made topic sticky....I'll be recommending these once I start selling my HuCard cases!
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Bighab

cr8zykuban0

sparky is the best. let me know when you get your hu card trays! i sent it out last week. it should get to you soon!

Sparky

I got the trays! Thanks so much

also a bunny bump for sticky goodness :)

Warbucks

kof1996

Hi, I would be interested in ordering some sticker from you. My email is mmarek1969@live.com

VenomMacbeth

Do you have the the means to make labels/inserts for games you don't necessarily have listed here?  If so, I'll shoot you a PM & we can discuss it.

Either way, I'll definitely be buying a set of case labels here soon. :)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MotherGunner

I would be interested in some custom orange/black system card labels (along with a TED one) to go with Aaron's orange cases.

Also a PCE style 1.0 label.  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Sparky

sorry guys i have very little time to do custom stuff right now, maybe in the Fall when my work and personal life slows down. But thanks for thinking of me and asking i hope to do more things for the community in the future. hugs.

CassyDee

Received mine today! I have to say, I was surprised by the packaging! Very professional. Labels are very clean. Now I need some of those repro jewel cases!  :D

wmd71

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TurbografxPCEngine/

Link to TurboGrafx Facebook Group where I posted photos of all 138 TurboGrafx games in jewel cases with labels I bought from Sparky. I bought new in box games as cheaply as I could on eBay and made cases for the 21 games that didn't come with them and replaced a few of my older labels. I chopped up the CD game labels and just inserted them in case between tray for asthetic purposes. They all turned out great, if I have any complaints it's that I wished they were a tad wider.

TurboNeoSega

I'd like to order a set please. A few of my friends have bought them from you before. They look amazing. What should I do to buy a sticky-large set from you. PayPal ready!

RNSpeed

I received mine,  :dance:  they're excellent quality and professionally packaged.

Sparky

hey guys, not on as much these days because of my work schedule but these labels are always available.
Just PM me and I will get them to you.

Also thanks to everyone for the kind words, I appreciate it :)

sn0zc0r3

Don't hesitate for a second if you need some spine stickers. Fantastic quality and Sparky is a delight to deal with. All of the thumbs up!

skulleader022

Delayed thanks. Appreciate it much, I received my set of labels. Great quality, recommended to anyone that is interested.

Sinizar

I got my large pack of decals today!  They look great and already installed!