@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Xbox One

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 05/21/2013, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhcman

Just finished 200%'ing Cuphead and getting all of the achievements. What a fun and GREAT game, I enjoyed every second of it!

Digi.k

well done.  I sold my X one S back around May and awaiting the X one X but I'm probably going to be busy with other games so might leave it till the new year.  Also I want a physical copy of Cuphead !

sirhcman

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/28/2017, 08:39 PMwell done.  I sold my X one S back around May and awaiting the X one X but I'm probably going to be busy with other games so might leave it till the new year.  Also I want a physical copy of Cuphead !
It is definitely worth picking up once you get an Xbox One again. There will be a physical copy available at sometime in the future (the studio confirmed it on twitter recently!)

Digi.k

Well I finally got my XboneX.   found a very good deal from Toys R'Us stores since a lot are closing down and had prices reduced greatly so I ordered one online from them. That deal was gone real quick!

On the Monster Hunter World buzz now but the online aspect seems broken so soloin' for now.

Pfloydguy2

I was dead set against getting an Xbox One ever since the whole always on / no used games thing during its initial announcement.  Even when they backpedalled on those features, it was too late.

But a few months ago I bought my buddy's Xbox One S, as that way Microsoft wouldn't get any of my money.  I only have Cuphead and Ori & the Blind Forest, and both are pretty great.  I like the backwards compatibility thing, but it's a shame more titles aren't available through backwards compatibility.  Just like my 360, I'm thinking it's going to be largely a retro console for me.

sirhcman

Quote from: Pfloydguy2 on 02/02/2018, 12:15 PMas that way Microsoft wouldn't get any of my money.  I only have Cuphead and Ori & the Blind Forest
So they did get your money.

seieienbu

Quote from: Pfloydguy2 on 02/02/2018, 12:15 PMI was dead set against getting an Xbox One ever since the whole always on / no used games thing during its initial announcement.  Even when they backpedalled on those features, it was too late.

But a few months ago I bought my buddy's Xbox One S, as that way Microsoft wouldn't get any of my money.  I only have Cuphead and Ori & the Blind Forest, and both are pretty great.  I like the backwards compatibility thing, but it's a shame more titles aren't available through backwards compatibility.  Just like my 360, I'm thinking it's going to be largely a retro console for me.
This seems entirely ill informed, short sighted, and petty.  Xbone was going to be forward thinking and interesting.  In the end, it wound up being more of the same because of the stupid internet backlash to idiots complaining that they can't sell their $60 game back to gamestop for $12 in store credit.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

I'm glad they backed off the DRM shit, but I chuckle when peeps say they bought a PS4 instead because of it, seeing as Sony patented similar schemes which they no doubt would've implemented had MS not taken so much flak and backed down.

You'll hear the same silliness about the early 360s.  For some reason they won't buy a MS product because they put out a POS (no argument there) yet stood behind 'em and extended the warranty out to three years, but they'll gladly buy something from Sony.... you know, the company that sold all the short-life lasers in PS1s and PS2 and YLOD PS3s and told you to eat shit.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

GohanX

I love the PS1 but Jesus Christ those units from the first few years were pieces of crap. Thankfully they are easy to repair now.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: GohanX on 02/02/2018, 07:34 PMI love the PS1 but Jesus Christ those units from the first few years were pieces of crap. Thankfully they are easy to repair now.
I have lovely memories of bringing my launch JP PS1 to my friend's house to play a game (Medal of Honor?) and having the console refuse to go through loading screens unless we threatened to throw our flip-flops at it (I'm totally serious, it actually felt like it worked so we kept doing it, and that became our in-joke for a long time).
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

seieienbu

I went through 3 PS1s and 2 PS2s.  Still on my first Xbox 360 and that thing got played more than any Playstation I've ever owned.  This may be a dumb tin-foil-hat thoery, but I think a lot of the outrage about Xbone was staged by Gamestop.  The motive would obviously be to keep their terrible business model of stupid-pawn-shop to screw people out of money.  After that, well, if you yell enough on the internet people will agree with you eventually so people joined in on the fun and suddenly it was super trendy to hate on M$ for all the evils they used to abuse kind hearted gamers.

Personally, I hate the PS4.  It plays the same games slower than the Xbox, the online infrastructure is worse, and I dislike the interface.  Running tournaments on PS4s is a miserable experience.  You have to go 3 menus deep to actually delete controllers so that the idiot who played on pad 2 sets ago doesn't fuck up your game when he sits down with his wireless controller in his pocket.  PS4 got Street Fighter V and Shenmue 3 though, so I had to go Sony for the exclusives. 

GohanX

I agree with the early Xbone outrage, Microsoft was being stupid and thinking they could fuck their customers just because they could.

They have since righted the ship and i generally buy Xbone versions of multiplatform games.

jtucci31

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/02/2018, 08:10 PMI went through 3 PS1s and 2 PS2s.  Still on my first Xbox 360 and that thing got played more than any Playstation I've ever owned.  This may be a dumb tin-foil-hat thoery, but I think a lot of the outrage about Xbone was staged by Gamestop.  The motive would obviously be to keep their terrible business model of stupid-pawn-shop to screw people out of money.  After that, well, if you yell enough on the internet people will agree with you eventually so people joined in on the fun and suddenly it was super trendy to hate on M$ for all the evils they used to abuse kind hearted gamers.

Personally, I hate the PS4.  It plays the same games slower than the Xbox, the online infrastructure is worse, and I dislike the interface.  Running tournaments on PS4s is a miserable experience.  You have to go 3 menus deep to actually delete controllers so that the idiot who played on pad 2 sets ago doesn't fuck up your game when he sits down with his wireless controller in his pocket.  PS4 got Street Fighter V and Shenmue 3 though, so I had to go Sony for the exclusives.
Sony is definitely ahead of Microsoft in the exclusives department unless you're super into Halo and Gears of War. But when it comes to online they're both definitely flawed.

Though I don't know how any prefers the Xbox UI homescreen to the PS4 one. It's filled with adds and tiles and junk that feels so convoluted (though I have heard it's gotten a little better).

seieienbu

Honestly, both console interfaces are terrible.  Neither seem to exist to actually let you play games.  I liked the Xbox 360 interface back when it was around though. 

Quote from: GohanX on 02/03/2018, 01:00 PMI agree with the early Xbone outrage, Microsoft was being stupid and thinking they could fuck their customers just because they could.

They have since righted the ship and i generally buy Xbone versions of multiplatform games.
Gamestop is screwing people out of money.  MS was going to let you gameshare with people for free.  Congrats, people like you making internet posts allowed Gamestop to continue to have it's shitty used game pawning and now you have to buy every game yourself.

GohanX

Yes, I'm crying since I get to buy physical games on sale for $20 instead of them sitting in the digital store for $60 forever.

GohanX

Besides, who am I gonna share with? Nobody else bought a Bone but me.

bartre

Quote from: GohanX on 02/03/2018, 09:17 PMYes, I'm crying since I get to buy physical games on sale for $20 instead of them sitting in the digital store for $60 forever.
I will absolutely back this up.
plenty of games get pretty much abandoned by publishers and never go on sale after a certain point.
plus, Sony/MS store sales blow for anything that isn't considered a "classic" or an indie game.

Psycho Punch

Yes, that GameStop theory is very dumb.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

ClodBusted

My Jasper chipset X360 bought in 2009 or 2010 is still going strong and has been used thoroughly.
The current user interface with the tiles is a smart idea, but there are problems. The ads are annoying, and there's little way of customization. Compare this to gorgeously customizable home screen of the Windows Phone interface to understand where Microsoft missed the mark.

Years later, I bought a Slim PS3. It gets used as a Blu-ray player and Youtube machine mainly. That interface is OK.

seieienbu

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 02/04/2018, 12:52 AMYes, that GameStop theory is very dumb.
I get that on a lot of my theories.
 :oops:

I'd still rather game sharing was a thing than used games.

Pfloydguy2

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2018, 01:36 PM
Quote from: Pfloydguy2 on 02/02/2018, 12:15 PMas that way Microsoft wouldn't get any of my money.  I only have Cuphead and Ori & the Blind Forest
So they did get your money.
A little, yes!

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/02/2018, 05:51 PMThis seems entirely ill informed, short sighted, and petty.  Xbone was going to be forward thinking and interesting.  In the end, it wound up being more of the same because of the stupid internet backlash to idiots complaining that they can't sell their $60 game back to gamestop for $12 in store credit.
Does your therapist know you get this angry about internet opinions?

I don't care about being able to sell games.  I've sold something like two games in my life, and those only because they were duplicates.  But I love buying used games.  One of my favorite things to do is browsing used game stores.  If Microsoft had their way, their products would never appear there.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/04/2018, 06:09 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 02/04/2018, 12:52 AMYes, that GameStop theory is very dumb.
I get that on a lot of my theories.
 :oops:

I'd still rather game sharing was a thing than used games.
Dude, GameStop is a US only thing. Don't be silly.

Besides, used copies are way better than having intangible goods on a "game share" service where rules can be changed at any second. You know how some games cut the audio off or just don't let you play it when you activate Video Recording?

I never had any Atlus employees coming into my house and taking my used copy of persona 5 off my hands yet.

ClodBusted

Gamestop also exists in Germany.

The PS3 had HDCP activated not only for blu-ray video, but also in game mode. So you couldn't easily record your games via HDMI.

The X360 had none of that HDCP on the HDMI port. Recording? No problemo.

TheClash603

Xbox One X is my go to multi-platform machine now.  If you aren't a PC gamer and wanna play something new, it's the best option.  I wish there were a few more exclusives, but that's what Nintendo is for.

NightWolve

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/02/2018, 08:10 PMI went through 3 PS1s and 2 PS2s. 
Hm, I never had a problem with either, still have my originals. Had great times with both systems in my younger hey day, before I started to backlog up and drastically reduce any scheduled "me time" for gaming to barely once a year...

seieienbu

Just curious, did you have an early PS1 or a late one?  I had 2 that died before I was done playing FF7 at release that had the 3 RCA jacks in the back.  The third one I got was still a larger model but only had the AV Multi-out by that point.

TDIRunner

My original PS1 still works.  It was an earlier model with the 3 RCA plugs, plus both the serial and parallel ports.

My original fat PS2 died which I replaced with a slim PS2 which still works to this day.

My original fat PS3 died (yellow light of death).  I replaced it with a slim PS3 which eventually stopped reading dics (although everything else worked).  I replaced that with a super slim PS3 which still works today.

I have another 30 or so consoles ranging from an Odyssey up to the PS4 and everything works perfectly.  The PS2 and PS3 consoles I mentioned above are the only consoles I've ever had fail on me.  I'm ignoring a small assortment of consoles I've purchased over the years that were knowingly broken for parts, cases, etc. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

NightWolve

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/14/2018, 04:06 PMJust curious, did you have an early PS1 or a late one?  I had 2 that died before I was done playing FF7 at release that had the 3 RCA jacks in the back.  The third one I got was still a larger model but only had the AV Multi-out by that point.
I had to find it for ya, it was stored off and largely forgotten as I can use my PS2 to finish off any PS1 backlog and get YPbPr/Component benefit which PS1 didn't offer. ;)

It's model SCPH-7001, manufactured on July 1998. It has parallel, serial I/O out as well as AV. Didn't know they made ones with full RCA female jacks. I remember I had a GameShark that I'd use on occasion that plugs into the parallel I/O port.

Speaking of FF, I beat Final Fantasy 7 & 8 on it, as well as most of the Squaresoft library. Oddly, when I bought a PS2 and FFX, I skipped forward to beat FFX over FF 9, the last PS1 sequel. I've been meaning to get to FF 9 some day, but as it stands, FFX is the last FF I beat.

I really use to love Squaresoft and RPGs, but I lost a lot of interest as I got older. Besides, those 2 motherf*ckers that left when it merged with Enix formed XXXSEED Games (the president and Ken Berry) and wound up cheating me on my Falcom Ys fan translation projects so that taint affects my opinion further back...

Looking back, it's clear to me I was better off hiring a professional translator for the Ys I&II Complete projects instead of recruiting some insane, suicidal c0ck-flasher from the NeoGeo forums, but hey, at least I learned my lesson and wouldn't do that again. ;)

seieienbu

Trust me on this one, FF9 likely isn't worth finishing.  If you do ever decide to play it, I'd recommend you get the port on PS4 that includes frameskip because that game is a Slog to get through. 

crazydean

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/17/2018, 05:10 PMTrust me on this one, FF9 likely isn't worth finishing.  If you do ever decide to play it, I'd recommend you get the port on PS4 that includes frameskip because that game is a Slog to get through.
Agreed. There's also a PC FF9 port. I'd recommend it because it has cheats that can be accessed with menus like speed, money, and exp. It also looks better than the PS1 version.

Digi.k

Arkhan Asylum

shut the fuck up with that terrorism.

T
E
R
R
O
R
I
S
M

ugh now a bunch of boxtards are going to be like YS IS MY FAVORITE.

DHUDRHDRRUDHDRUDD

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Psycho Punch

YS IS MY FAVORITE.

Arkhan Asylum

YS ORIGIN IS THE FIRST IN THE SERIES, THIS IS THE BEST NEW RPG SERIES SINCE ZERLDA
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

cr8zykuban0

Finally xbox one is getting some 3rd party support as of late. Sold mine a few months ago since it really doesnt have any games i liked. Only bought it cuz i got a good deal on it and to play with friends online but just wasnt enough to keep me interested

Digi.k

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Digi.k

That I Don't know.  I hear it will for ps4 but not confirmed

Winniez

As a mainly PC-gamer Microsoft sure hasn't given me many reasons to get the system. It is just slightly inferior PC basically. That being said there are few interesting exclusives.

Digi.k

did any xbox one owners download the Kodi app and get it up and running?

I downloaded it a few weeks ago and just now got it up and running and watching stuff.

Some of the stuff is listed incorrectly tho...

/bCMpQ9Z.jpg

Groover

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/14/2018, 04:06 PMJust curious, did you have an early PS1 or a late one?  I had 2 that died before I was done playing FF7 at release that had the 3 RCA jacks in the back.  The third one I got was still a larger model but only had the AV Multi-out by that point.
The PlayStation I have is the big model witht he AVout port not the standard RCA connections. It still works but I haven't played it a ton. I did played it a couple of weeks ago. I have been wanting to get the small PSOne and a LCD monitor add-on for it.
IMG

BlueBMW

My buddy bought me an xbone x.  I only wanted an S, but he went over the top.  I really only wanted it for one game... Rare Replay.  Guess I outta find some other stuff worthwhile to use it for.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/10/2018, 09:24 PMMy buddy bought me an xbone x.  I only wanted an S, but he went over the top.  I really only wanted it for one game... Rare Replay.  Guess I outta find some other stuff worthwhile to use it for.
You pretty much need to get PUBG, cause it doesn't even really run without the X.

If you have a racing wheel, Forza is pretty incredible on the X too.

Not sure if you have a gaming PC, if so, the X loses a lot of its appeal.

xcrement5x

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/10/2018, 09:24 PMMy buddy bought me an xbone x.  I only wanted an S, but he went over the top.  I really only wanted it for one game... Rare Replay.  Guess I outta find some other stuff worthwhile to use it for.
It can also do 4K BluRays as well, so there is that ;)

An aside, but I'd grab Ori and the Blind Forest if it looks up your alley, it's one of the few XBONE consoles exclusives I've been interested in.

BlueBMW

I already play pubg on PC.  That was kind of the issue with the xbox was that it overlapped PC so much.  If I hadn't spent a bunch on a video card then the xbox probably would have been more appealing.  What is the xbonex equivalent to.. a 1060, 1070?   I have a 1070 in the pc...  Perhaps I should grab a racing game just for giggles.  Can't say I've played one much since the old Gran Turismos.  I've heard mention of Ori several times.  Probably should give that a shot.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

BlueBMW

The 4k bluray playback is appealing.  Unfortunately I was cheap when I bought a 4k tv and didnt opt for one with hdr.  Not sure how much it really helps though.

I grabbed super luckys tale.   Heard it was decent and exclusive and it was cheap.

Digi.k

This just hit the xbox stores today.  I 've downloaded it but had little time to play.  Looks like the xbox version is digital only.

"contains a speedrun mode as well as the addition of a "blood" setting that lets players determine the quantity of blood on display in the game".
IMG

Also
I'm not liking this that much but it's unique and again put a few minutes just wandering around.
/sacrifice.jpg

Which both are also available on other platforms.

You can look into Red Dead Redemption. the xbox 360 version is backwardly compatible with xbox one and just a few hours ago MS uploaded a patch to bump the resolution playing it on 1X brings the game up to 4k or it can supersampling scale it down to 1080p on non 4k screens

roflmao

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/11/2018, 09:30 AMYou can look into Red Dead Redemption. the xbox 360 version is backwardly compatible with xbox one and just a few hours ago MS uploaded a patch to bump the resolution playing it on 1X brings the game up to 4k or it can supersampling scale it down to 1080p on non 4k screens
That's pretty slick!

Digi.k

IMG

Original Xbox games releasing on April 17:

• Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3

Original Xbox games releasing on April 26:

• Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars Republic Commando
You'll be able to play all of these games on Xbox One through the disc you already own, or you can purchase them digitally in the Microsoft Store. Please check back on release day for local market restrictions as regional availability may vary.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/10/backward-compatibility-april-update/#CtxCCw42C1FcVxck.99

The X360 games below have been added to xbox one Backwards compatibility and have addtional  xbox one X enhancements

IMG

TheClash603

It would be awesome if Orta had some 4k enhancements or some other fancy shit on the X.