RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 10/02/2015, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

That's not really how that went, but if you think so, then whatever.  I can't help your reading comprehension, and you're not worth that much of my time.

I wasn't "enduring" "offenses", so I am not sure why you bring it up this way, let alone use air quotes.

I was calling someone out for ignorantly stepping on someone else and being a bit of a knob about it. 

How did you miss the part where the Simon escapades of yesteryear were basically used as a means to imply things about the other party (whom Elmer wasn't clued in about)? 

Keyword: SOMEONE ELSE.

Besides, it was all sorted out pretty good until you chimed in to be a bit of a moron.

Thanks for your support when I'm being accused of being a pedo or rape enthusiast.   Again, I'm glad you latch onto something stupid that you also misinterpreted, yet say nothing when someone else is being ignorant, repeatedly I might add (and even admitted he was in a position of ignorance).

That's something a piece of shit would do.   

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/29/2017, 06:38 PMThat's not really how that went, but if you think so, then whatever.  I can't help your reading comprehension, and you're not worth that much of my time.

I wasn't "enduring" "offenses", so I am not sure why you bring it up this way, let alone use air quotes.

I was calling someone out for ignorantly stepping on someone else and being a bit of a knob about it. 

How did you miss the part where the Simon escapades of yesteryear were basically used as a means to imply things about the other party (whom Elmer wasn't clued in about)? 

Keyword: SOMEONE ELSE.

Besides, it was all sorted out pretty good until you chimed in to be a bit of a moron.

Thanks for your support when I'm being accused of being a pedo or rape enthusiast.   Again, I'm glad you latch onto something stupid that you also misinterpreted, yet say nothing when someone else is being ignorant, repeatedly I might add (and even admitted he was in a position of ignorance).

That's something a piece of shit would do.
The thing I "latched on to" is emblematic of larger patterns of your behavior, your values, the tactics you use in a "discussion" and how you treat people.

Mock me all you want, but I was simply commenting on how you create needless conflict/frustration for yourself, in general.

Go back an reread my posts—I could not have been clearer.

Instead of actually responding to the merit of my post (about how you treat people, your tactics in discussions), you avoided the topic by trying to justify your earlier tantrums.

I thought you prided yourself on being blunt.

"No bullshit" and all that...

...yet you are overly sensitive & defensive when folks have minor differences with you.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sparky

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: esteban on 01/29/2017, 09:49 PMThe thing I "latched on to" is emblematic of larger patterns of your behavior, your values, the tactics you use in a "discussion" and how you treat people.
It was an honest question.  Don't bring up values when you're clearly being a one sided dick and ignoring things that don't fit into your nonsense argument directed at me.

QuoteMock me all you want, but I was simply commenting on how you create needless conflict/frustration for yourself, in general.
That wasn't what you said.  Your initial comment was "wow you could've shown some restraint" followed by complaining about a question you didn't even understand the point of.

QuoteGo back an reread my posts—I could not have been clearer.
Your posts didn't really say anything except make a poorly conceived attack, followed by blowing off the responses you got about it.  I went and looked again.  You're like, retconning shit into your posts that you never actually said.   

Then again, your posts are never really that clear.   Half of the reason people think you're funny is because you post nonsensical, often topic irrelevant shit.

QuoteInstead of actually responding to the merit of my post (about how you treat people, your tactics in discussions), you avoided the topic by trying to justify your earlier tantrums.
You didn't mention "how I treat people" or my "tactics".   There was nothing presented to avoid.  There was no merit to your post.

I addressed your stupid choice of commentary directly, and pointed out the piece of shit nature of your onesidedness in an argument you could've just stayed out of, as everyone was getting along fine. 

What happened earlier wasn't even tantrums.  It was the usual.  The same kind of arguing/flaming that you've lololed at in the past.  Today's the day you decide to pick a side?   

I'm glad you're OK with someone stepping all over and being a bit of a dick about the person for a project you supposedly support.   You're also OK with someone accusing me of being a pedo/rape enthusiast. 

Sweet values, dude. lol.   Really nailed it there.

QuoteI thought you prided yourself on being blunt.

"No bullshit" and all that...
Yep.

Quote...yet you are overly sensitive & defensive when folks have minor differences with you.
The thing didn't spark from minor differences with me.   Again, you clearly misunderstand and can't read.  As noted repeatedly, this started from negativity towards someone else, done in a fairly assinine way.

What I don't like is one sided bullshit, or people being overly ignorant and making shitty remarks.  The initial argument was not from anything directed at me.  I don't know how many times I'll have to say that before you engage your reading comprehension mode and actually get it.

For someone who claims to stay up on the drama, you sure do fucking suck at it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ccovell

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ccovell on 01/29/2017, 11:50 PMIMG
do you think they're playing pokemon on those gameboys?

Also, this Tapatalk shit sends replies/spazzes to my email and phone whenever any topic I posted in gets a reply. 

Jesus is it annoying lol.

ccovell

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/29/2017, 11:53 PMdo you think they're playing pokemon on those gameboys?
Impossible, since this is from 1994's Super Game Boy, and Pokemon came out in 1996.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ccovell on 01/29/2017, 11:57 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/29/2017, 11:53 PMdo you think they're playing pokemon on those gameboys?
Impossible, since this is from 1994's Super Game Boy, and Pokemon came out in 1996.
Is that really in the super gameboy?  I don't recall that much about the movie theatre frame other than that it was there. 

I mostly used the one with the sign and the house, and then I drew dicks all over everything while playing Zelda, lol.    It used to frustrate me that you couldn't really draw circular objects due to d-pad.   So, the nuts always looked square.   

I should go turn that thing on and see what other frames are there.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Nulltard on 01/30/2017, 12:03 AMStep 1: admit Tapatalk is a problem.

Step 2: eliminate it!
its how I post while I poop, lol.

I couldn't find how to shut off the alerts.  I also disabled that stupid POSTED FROM MY TAPATALK shit, but it still shows up.

The feed is bad too.   It's all pretty bad.

but, trying to post without it on a phone is even worse. 

ccovell

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/29/2017, 11:59 PMIs that really in the super gameboy?  I don't recall that much about the movie theatre frame other than that it was there.
Select any frame, and tap L,L,L,L,R.

Gredler

I can post in my chrome browser on my galaxy s6, I've never used Tapatalk what's the benefit?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 01/30/2017, 01:06 AMI can post in my chrome browser on my galaxy s6, I've never used Tapatalk what's the benefit?
I can use the browser too, but this forum is not really mobile-friendly.  Tapatalk at least does that OK so you can scroll and click on stuff without alot of gimping.

Everything else it does is pretty stupid.

Quote from: ccovell on 01/30/2017, 12:46 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/29/2017, 11:59 PMIs that really in the super gameboy?  I don't recall that much about the movie theatre frame other than that it was there.
Select any frame, and tap L,L,L,L,R.
Neat.   I only remember the other one:

IMG

NecroPhile

I'll check back in five months when the game is supposed to be done.  Maybe then we'll have an updated timeline..... or just have a chuckle when Ark still has no contract, no art to work from, and/or hasn't started yet.  :mrgreen:

As for the school girl rape thing, who cares?  You can only watch so many pop girl videos (often dressed in school girl outfits) and play so many pervy games with young girls (often dressed in school girl outfits) before someone thinks you're a weirdo that's into school girls and tentacle rape.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Ark, is there going to any way to buy the PCE version outright once development kicks in/finishes? Or is there still a way to jump on board with any kind of post-KS deal?

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, once the game is done, there will be available copies to buy for anyone who didn't do the Kickstarter.

Mathius

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/30/2017, 09:45 PMYeah, once the game is done, there will be available copies to buy for anyone who didn't do the Kickstarter.
Ah sweet. Thanks.

spenoza

I am not a fan of the more classic score based games Arkhan has favored so far, but if this does happen and is nearly as much fun as I find Rolling Thunder, I will be in.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2017, 07:43 PMI am not a fan of the more classic score based games Arkhan has favored so far, but if this does happen and is nearly as much fun as I find Rolling Thunder, I will be in.
Don't think of it so much as a "score based" game though.   Think maybe more like E-Swat, too.

any of those slightly more slower paced, but still actiony shooters.

saturndual32

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/31/2017, 09:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/31/2017, 07:43 PMI am not a fan of the more classic score based games Arkhan has favored so far, but if this does happen and is nearly as much fun as I find Rolling Thunder, I will be in.
Don't think of it so much as a "score based" game though.   Think maybe more like E-Swat, too.

Sunset Riders in space!!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/31/2017, 09:53 PM

The Turbo could totally use an E-Swat type game.  Damn!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

spenoza

You know, the shooting in Eswat is actually quite similar to Elevator Action and Shinobi (shuriken) and Rolling Thunder. And as long as a slower, thoughtful jump n' shoot is done well, it can be pretty great.

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, that was sort of where I was going with the idea.

And then, there'd be the obligatory action jam shooter spaz stages between all of this.

Sort of like how Shaboobyman cuts to a submarine shooter sometimes, and shit.

technozombie

As a backer of the PCE version, I'm just checking in. Wow, what a thread. I've never played rolling thunder for more than a minute or two but, it seems like an appropriate style for this IP.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: technozombie on 02/11/2017, 01:56 PMAs a backer of the PCE version, I'm just checking in. Wow, what a thread. I've never played rolling thunder for more than a minute or two but, it seems like an appropriate style for this IP.
Glad you agree.  I'll probably get to it once I'm done being a pedo rapist, or whatever.   

lol

Gredler

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/14/2017, 02:58 PMI'll probably get to it once I'm done being a pedo rapist, or whatever.   
So.... Never?
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 02/14/2017, 03:41 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/14/2017, 02:58 PMI'll probably get to it once I'm done being a pedo rapist, or whatever.   
So.... Never?
IMG
I mean I have to take breaks sometimes.

I also played some E-Swat and really do think that style, maybe a little less platform exploratory, would fit the bill pretty nicely.

Gredler

I would prefer a cyborg hunter bite. Add that first person angle camera to the screen somewhere and get some of the CoD crowd to jump to your ship dude.

Also, mineshafts.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 02/14/2017, 05:03 PMI would prefer a cyborg hunter bite. Add that first person angle camera to the screen somewhere and get some of the CoD crowd to jump to your ship dude.

Also, mineshafts.
I don't think adding Cyborg Hunter elements would work so great, even though I like that game and it's pretty unique.

Cyborg Hunter doesn't really have that "bonanza shootout" vibe.

Gredler

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/14/2017, 07:21 PMCyborg Hunter doesn't really have that "bonanza shootout" vibe.
I was more associating it with the FPS camera + map + branching pathways in level design than the feel.

I see you're on board for the shafts. This pleases the gredler.

Arkhan Asylum

Eh, I can't say that sort of thing really feels like a Saber Rider game.   It'd be like a poverty Silent Debuggers.  lol

brizio

An update was posted on Kickstarter on the PCEngine version. Would love to read a comment on it here...

Copy and paste (all typos are copy and pasted as well):

"The PC Engine Version is done by the Ahtherbytes Team but will be released some time after the Dreamcast Version. Because of the nature of the PC Engine, our game for it is no port but basically a complete stand alone version. We can not just take our C code and port it over. That's just not working in this case. The GFX assets however will be the same as the DC/PC/3DS version but that material is not complete yet."

Gredler

Same grafx?! Gonna be awesome, dude!

Party on Aetherbytes, have fun working on it!

CrackTiger

I like most of the background pixelart I've seen since they started over from scratch.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/07/2017, 02:39 PMI like most of the background pixelart I've seen since they started over from scratch.
You mean since they ditched Ocean McDouche?  ;) lol.

It won't be "same grafx" 100%, regardless, and that's already been pointed out and is a given really.

Some of the tile work and such will need to be redone for palette/color per tile reasons.

I THINK the new sprites will fit better, though.

the original ones were wide for all the wrong reasons and would've needed completely redrawn because if you simply smash them inward, they will look retarded.

The new update looks pretty good though so far.

Arm

Hi everyone,

I will be handling the full screen pixel artworks of the characters/enemies in saberrider. Cutscene, select screen and such. I finshed no too long ago a gameover screen. I was also asked to correct the animations of the in game sprites for the demo.
On another topic, I am also working as the main characters animator/cutscene director on the new game Tanglewood for the Megadrive.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/63454976/tanglewood-an-original-game-for-the-sega-genesis-m/posts/1816024

In the past I worked on pier solar and pshd as the character designer/cutscene and opening director.
http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/286220/header.jpg?t=1447360795
https://youtu.be/kDNiJYZbXdA
https://youtu.be/UI9Sp6uGPk0

I also handled the same tasks on another project (still undisclosed) by the same company.
https://s10.postimg.cc/i1xifbruh/ARMEN_SECRET_RPG.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Arm on 03/09/2017, 05:20 PMHi everyone,

I will be handling the full screen pixel artworks of the characters/enemies in saberrider. Cutscene, select screen and such. I finshed no too long ago a gameover screen. I was also asked to correct the animations of the in game sprites for the demo.
On another topic, I am also working as the main characters animator/cutscene director on the new game Tanglewood for the Megadrive.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/63454976/tanglewood-an-original-game-for-the-sega-genesis-m/posts/1816024

In the past I worked on pier solar and pshd as the character designer/cutscene and opening director.
http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/286220/header.jpg?t=1447360795
https://youtu.be/kDNiJYZbXdA
https://youtu.be/UI9Sp6uGPk0

I also handled the same tasks on another project (still undisclosed) by the same company.
https://s10.postimg.cc/i1xifbruh/ARMEN_SECRET_RPG.jpg
For PC Engine? 

If so, that is news to me.  Aetherbyte already has an art-duder.

Arm

No, I should have said it was for the DC/3DS/PC version. Not the PCE version.

CrackTiger

Did that Japanese artist only do the artwork that was shown during the kickstarter and is now finished?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arm

Sorry but what artwork are you talking about?

CrackTiger

Quote from: Arm on 03/09/2017, 08:00 PMSorry but what artwork are you talking about?
This:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/592/021/9f315a6d6874d044ff6569e998670fac_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1443550781&auto=format&lossless=true&s=17386d41d4bc3abb2a1400b2efb82461

Plus all of the finished character artwork in the kickstarter looked new and was used in the screenshots of the character select and misc screens.

They hyped the Japanese artist during tge campaign.

I'm just curious, since they made a big deal about it when asking for pledges

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/10/2017, 02:51 PMThis:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/592/021/9f315a6d6874d044ff6569e998670fac_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1443550781&auto=format&lossless=true&s=17386d41d4bc3abb2a1400b2efb82461

Plus all of the finished character artwork in the kickstarter looked new and was used in the screenshots of the character select and misc screens.
The portraits and such that are in those demonstrations are dithered-down versions of art that appeared when Saber Rider was released as a DVD set.   

That stuff wasn't drawn for the game.  It was just repurposed.  You can find alot of that art all over the internet, or in the boxed set releases of the show.

I am pretty sure that Dreamcast box was some really tricked out fanart to be used for the box and such, and posters or some other sort of reward item.  Something to that effect.  I will have to go poke around some more.  I ... don't particularly care about the Dreamcast version, so I didn't pay too much attention to it.

QuoteThey hyped the Japanese artist during tge campaign.

I'm just curious, since they made a big deal about it when asking for pledges
Can you show me the part where this was a big deal?    I thought it was mostly just implied that original art from the show would make an appearance since it only makes sense, along with the spritework done by Simon Butler, and then his replacement?

I don't really recall them hyping the artist no more than they generally just hyped Saber Rider as a whole.

Arm

To my knowledge, all the character art used in the game was taken from the official dvd material and downsampled to be used as a temporary art. These will be replaced by real pixel art in the final product. As for the DC artwork, I think I recognize the style of an artist named Genzoman. (He isnt japanese but from Chile) This was an artwork from his devianart that was tweaked a little. I dont know if they will keep it in the final product.
Chris has gathered all the model sheets from the original show that were probably scanned and sent to him by studio Pierrot staff. He sent the files to me so that I have reference for the pixelart.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Arm on 03/10/2017, 05:46 PMI think I recognize the style of an artist named Genzoman. (He isnt japanese but from Chile) This was an artwork from his devianart that was tweaked a little. I dont know if they will keep it in the final product.
I believe that was the name of the artist.   

I didn't exactly keep fantastic track of that since it didn't concern me, and most of it was via messenger on my phone, lol.

I hope that art sticks around.  It's great.

Arm

Actually, I just noticed it was rather close to what I had seen from his previous work and thought it would be from him.I didnt know it was from him either in the beginning. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Arm on 03/11/2017, 06:59 AMActually, I just noticed it was rather close to what I had seen from his previous work and thought it would be from him.I didnt know it was from him either in the beginning. :)
That name sounds super familiar, so I think it is the right person.

_Paul

You must have some of the BG art and sprites locked down by now. It would be kinda nice if we could get hold of something so I can at least begin to start planning how the hell I am going to convert them into PCE-friendly format.

CrackTiger

Everything I've seen so far looks very PC Engine-friendly, even more so than many SNES games. Even if you have to move around chunks of assets to line up with horizontal strip topped with sprites, dynamic tiles, etc, it's still much easier than drawing everything from scratch.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/12/2017, 12:39 PMEverything I've seen so far looks very PC Engine-friendly, even more so than many SNES games. Even if you have to move around chunks of assets to line up with horizontal strip topped with sprites, dynamic tiles, etc, it's still much easier than drawing everything from scratch.
The layering is going to need realigned for sure.   I would rather not waste most of the CPU effort on pushing around parallax. 

_Paul

It's more reducing the tile count that I'm worried about.