OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Got some great OBEY time in last night with the Mrs.  We played through a decent chunk of Buster Bros.!  Damn, The Duo never ceases to amaze me!  With a pretty good surround sound, this game is a BLAST on the eyes AND ears!!

I need me some LORDS OF THUNDER!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Started into Dragon Slayer last night.  Good so far!  Im still amazed how good rgb makes everything look!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Obfuscate

I've been playing Klax and Final Soldier.

machomadness

I've been playing Splash Lake and Bonk's Adventure. Especially Splash Lake. It's one of those games that no one really gives any credit. A true hidden gem of the Turbo Duo.
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Yeah cadash is a great game. Once I figured out how to use the magic again.
I've actually been playin strider. Its actually pretty awesome. The musics killer, can't imagine the genesis music being better, cut scenes are only on this system, and grafx are good as well. You can teLl is an arcade card game for sure. Downpart is, it has flikker issues
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Jesse813

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Played some Cotton this evening.  

Forgot how hard it was.  Feels rewarding to make it past the first level! I'm sure there are those of you who can beat it in one life, but I'll probably never get there.  

Awesome game, though.  Great graphics and the challenge is right there - where it kicks your ass but you can see how to improve so you try again.

Jesse813

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

chany60126

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2011, 11:29 PMPlayed some Cotton this evening. 

Forgot how hard it was.  Feels rewarding to make it past the first level! I'm sure there are those of you who can beat it in one life, but I'll probably never get there. 

Awesome game, though.  Great graphics and the challenge is right there - where it kicks your ass but you can see how to improve so you try again.
Yeah, Cotton is a toughie. I can barely make it past the 3rd level boss on the default setting. The key for me is to use the turbo switch for the fire button. I always find myself accidently unleashing the special attacks by holding the fire button too long. I usually try to save those for the bosses. Cotton is an awesome game! I love the soundtrack to it.

thrush

Just started up on Neutopia last night.
Hooray for region mod!  ^^

blueraven

GoT, a bit of Outrun, Racing Damashi, and SF2.

roflmao

Yesterday I played a fair amount of Military Madness (still love this game!) and tonight I played Blazing Lazers.  Man that last level is challenging!  I'll beat it again one of these days...

Jesse813

array(10) { [0]=> int(0) [1]=> int(1714382245) [2]=> string(14) "18.118.102.225" [3]=> string(21) "?topic=4765.msg175173" [4]=> string(84) "512: loadMemberContext(): member id '3914' not previously loaded by loadMemberData()" [5]=> string(32) "9b3c367cf4d61872a1d6c452eb192834" [6]=> string(7) "general" [7]=> string(76) "/home/u171605139/domains/pcengine-fx.com/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php" [8]=> int(1725) [9]=> string(864) "[{"function":"smf_error_handler"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Load.php","line":1725,"function":"trigger_error"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Display.php","line":1460,"function":"loadMemberContext"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Themes\/default\/Display.template.php","line":256,"function":"prepareDisplayContext"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Load.php","line":2778,"function":"template_main"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Subs.php","line":4259,"function":"loadSubTemplate"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/index.php","line":192,"function":"obExit"}]" }

Tortured Skull

roflmao

Just made it a good chunk of the way through the final boss run of Air Zonk.  I've never made it this far before (yeah, I suck).  Wow, what an intense game!  I think the somewhat strange color palette, the slowdown and the flashing/disappearing sprites kind of shyed me away from this game in the past, but now I'm totally hooked.  The end is in sight!  I know with a little bit of practice I WILL beat this game! :D

Arkhan Asylum

I BEAT RABIO LEPUS SO NOW IM PLAYING SINDIBAD, BUT I DONT REALLY LIKE IT.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Jesse813

grahf

Currently playing through Cosmic Fantasy 1, and Ys IV.
I just recently played through Ys I&II and Ys III.  I don't know why,
but I always feel like I have to play the original games in a series
first, before playing through the sequels. Even in cases where the
original aren't any good, I still do it.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: grahf on 05/25/2011, 08:34 AMCurrently playing through Cosmic Fantasy 1, and Ys IV.
I just recently played through Ys I&II and Ys III.  I don't know why,
but I always feel like I have to play the original games in a series
first, before playing through the sequels. Even in cases where the
original aren't any good, I still do it.
In comparison to CF 2, how is the original Cosmic Fantasy?  We talk alot about CF 2 and its sequels, but not much has been said about the first one.

Just played some Bonk' Revenge and Rabio Lepus.  I SUCK at Rabio... as proof will be seen by a future TiD episode!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Jesse813

MasonSushi

i need to find a new game to get into. I just beat my first TG-16 game, Momotarou Katsugeki

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

TurboExpressFan

I am currently Playing World Class Baseball, Bonks Revenge. Hoping to soon be playing Dragon Saber, Final Soldier, and R-Type.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/25/2011, 10:48 AMIn comparison to CF 2, how is the original Cosmic Fantasy?  We talk alot about CF 2 and its sequels, but not much has been said about the first one.
I've played a little ways into CF1, it doesn't have the same level of polish as the second game. Cut scenes aren't at the same level, the in game graphics are worse, the music and detail is lacking. Fairly standard 16-bit RPG
--DragonmasterDan

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Gogan

Nothin beats the real thing.

Jesse813

blueraven

grahf

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/25/2011, 01:38 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/25/2011, 10:48 AMIn comparison to CF 2, how is the original Cosmic Fantasy?  We talk alot about CF 2 and its sequels, but not much has been said about the first one.
I've played a little ways into CF1, it doesn't have the same level of polish as the second game. Cut scenes aren't at the same level, the in game graphics are worse, the music and detail is lacking. Fairly standard 16-bit RPG
Yep. It's really crude, and just isn't programmed well in general. There are long load times, and some npcs pop in and out of existence instead of moving. Besides that though, the actual story is fairly enjoyable. I've found myself enjoying it, but only in hour long sessions.

Jesse813

Obfuscate

Quote from: Jesse813 on 05/27/2011, 10:36 AMbeen playing MACROSS 2036
How is it? Been thinking about picking that one up.

Jesse813

SamIAm

The LoX2 translation is officially on hold until I beat the awesome fucking game that is Soldier Blade. Oh baby, where have you been all my life?

roflmao

Nice! I played that some yesterday.  Might have to play it some more tonight, now that I'm thinking of it. :)

Jesse813

bartre

Loom Pissed me off too bad for me to keep playing it for now.
In response, i'm playing Ai Cho Aniki and Ys book 2

blueraven

thrush

Haven't finished Neutopia yet but as I'm a bit stuck am now also playing Cosmic Fantasy 2.

Jesse813

thesteve

rag-time4

I'm able to get to the final boss in Fantasy Zone, but can't seem to kill the last little bugger that he shoots out.

roflmao

Jesse813

_Paul

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 05/30/2011, 01:04 PMDamn, I want to play Ys again now.
This game is timeless.  I'm still enjoying it after, what, 20 years?  How many games have that kind of staying power?  I think the music goes a long way.  I LOVE the music in this game.

Of course this time around I forgot to return the Silver Bell to the Mayor so I'm going through the tower without the Power Ring... :(  Argh.  That should keep things interesting.

Jesse813

_Paul

Quote from: guest on 05/30/2011, 01:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/30/2011, 01:04 PMDamn, I want to play Ys again now.
This game is timeless.  I'm still enjoying it after, what, 20 years?  How many games have that kind of staying power?  I think the music goes a long way.  I LOVE the music in this game.

Of course this time around I forgot to return the Silver Bell to the Mayor so I'm going through the tower without the Power Ring... :(  Argh.  That should keep things interesting.
I couldn't help myself. Currently at the bitch of a bat boss in the mines.

roflmao