RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse813

Enjoying some Sapphire Booty on the on the PCE :cool:

csgx1

Beat Aldynes for Super Grafx today.  The last level, last stretch is brutal.  Died countless times.

Anyone beat this game the 2nd time around, hard mode?  I'm not even going to attempt it.

Mishran

Lords of Thunder... and I doubt I'll ever beat it. I suck at it pretty bad. But I have a fun time doing it. :P When I get tired of dying, I'll probably play through Insanity again. Sapphire bootie next in line. I love me some Sapphire. Great game and even greater challenge. Die alot on that too. :lol:

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

geise

Nice Dragon!  I love that game!  Voice acting and all!  I am currently playing through Dungeon Explorer again.  I have always loved that music.  It's the best chip music to me.

jlued686

Quote from: geise on 07/29/2011, 07:13 AMNice Dragon!  I love that game!  Voice acting and all!  I am currently playing through Dungeon Explorer again.  I have always loved that music.  It's the best chip music to me.
It's hard to argue with that. To this day I can still hum a number of the tunes from Dungeon Explorer. Such great music...

thesteve

thrush

JoshTurboTrollX

Popped a few minutes off on N Adventure Island!  Practicing up for a new Till I die... lol
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Had to torture test a Duo repair job... ended up torturing myself with some Winds of Thunder.... I still cant beat that game!  So close every time, but that last bit is HARD. :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

spenoza

The last boss is quite challenging, not to mention just getting to him.

geise

Got my ass handed to me in Gradius 2 at the 5th level.  I am really good at almost all shooters, but Gradius always gives me a challenge, especially the arcade version of Gradius 3.  Gradius 2 isn't as bad, but just like when you die "You need more practice!"  ](*,)

Damon Plus

Mostly Military Madness. I beat normal campaign first week, advanced campaign second week, and now I'm playing as the Axis side.

I play a bit of World Court Tennis too.

CapnCrunch53

Bonk's Revenge. I got a few levels in the other night, but I was dead tired and called it quits. I think I'll give it another go tonight.
My Systems
Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GBC, GBA, GBA-SP, GBP, DS Lite
Sony: PS1, PS2
Microsoft: Xbox 360
Sega: Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, 32x, Dreamcast, GameGear
Other: Atari Super Pong, Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, Turbografx-16

Lilgrafx

Just picked up bonks Adventure lose for $4 and made it to the last world before going to bed.

jlued686

Ghost Manor. Holy hell, this game is infuriating. It's like Chutes n' Ladders on acid. I think I hate it, but I can't stop trying. It's gotten personal. :)

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2011, 09:28 PMGhost Manor. Holy hell, this game is infuriating. It's like Chutes n' Ladders on acid. I think I hate it, but I can't stop trying. It's gotten personal. :)
I feel the same way about the game.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

jlued686

Played Samurai Ghost for the first time ever last night. Wow...this game is absolute garbage. The way the main character moves is absolutely ridiculous. Made it to the third level before I shut off my Duo and shelved the game.

Oh well...one more game closer to a complete collection, I guess.

NecroPhile

If you think Samurai Ghost is absolute garbage, just wait 'til you play his older brother Genpei Toumaden.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2011, 12:58 PMPlayed Samurai Ghost for the first time ever last night. Wow...this game is absolute garbage. The way the main character moves is absolutely ridiculous. Made it to the third level before I shut off my Duo and shelved the game.

I think you need to give it another shot.  Either that or play it just after spending an hour or two with Nightmare Creatures!

I sunk about 30 minutes in N Adventure Island the other day again.  Had a blast!  I need more practice.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

chany60126

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2011, 01:04 PMIf you think Samurai Ghost is absolute garbage, just wait 'til you play his older brother Genpei Toumaden.
Hehe, who can forget those classic words at the game over screen: What a pity you are

VestCunt

I grew up playing a lot of Lord of the Sword and Kenseiden on the SMS, so my opinion of Samurai Ghost is pretty good.
Topic Adjourned.

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2011, 12:58 PMPlayed Samurai Ghost for the first time ever last night. Wow...this game is absolute garbage. The way the main character moves is absolutely ridiculous. Made it to the third level before I shut off my Duo and shelved the game.

I really like the unorthodox movements in Samurai Ghost. It sets it apart from other hack and slash games.

jlued686

He almost looks like a marionette, which I guess is sort of cool. But it sure makes for some clunky gameplay.

Sadler

Legend of Xanadu 2—Fucking. Awesome.

First JRPG I've played without a translation. It's still fucking awesome. It's like Ys, but evolved. I fucking love it! :D I'd do horrible things for a translation though.

Lilgrafx

I've been playing Fantasy Zone and Ordyne. I really like both games and a buddy's coming over tomorrow so I'll be able to play some 2-player Ordyne. Quick question can you get unlimited ammo in Fantasy Zone by buying all the engines? I know you can in the SMS port you can but I can't do it on the Turbo

SuperPlay

I have been gibing Bomberman '93  blast today :@)

Still need to get around to finishing YS Book 1&2.

Lilgrafx

Dungeon Explorer and Bomberman multi-player goodness  :dance:

JoshTurboTrollX

roflmao

I played some Star Parodier until it went all wonky on me.  I'm pretty sure it was the region converter, but at the time I thought I had unlocked something strange in the game. :)  The screen stared rolling and the audio repeated "staaaaar parodierrrrrrrr...." over and over in this low voice.  It was actually pretty creepy.

Lilgrafx

New Adventure Island complete! great game.

csgx1

Gradius II; Quite challenging but a lot of fun.

jlued686

Last night, I played Psychosis for the first time ever. It's not the best shmup on the console by any means, but it is definitely one of the more interesting ones. It's very much a Naxat Soft game as many of the enemies looked like something out of either Alien Crush or Devil's Crush. The action's a little slow, but I really like the concept and the look of the game.

blueraven

thrush

Still working my way through Cosmic Fantasy 2, and quite enjoying it.  Pico is cooler than I remembered!

Maybe it's just that I'm used to 8-bit RPGs now, but I'm surprised by how forgiving this game is: hotels are free, items are plentiful, and most non-boss battle are predictable & easy.  Does anyone know if it was toned down for NA, or is the Japanese version like this, too?

edit: Well, I just did the homework I should have done before asking this and it sounds like the answer is "the Japanese version is just as forgiving".  Strange!  But I still like the game; not everything needs to be wicked challenging.

GohanX

Cosmic Fantasy 2 has its faults, but overall I really enjoyed playing it.

I finally got a working TG16 again that I AV modded, and I've been going through my US hucards and finally playing them on an actual TV instead of the tiny TE screen. Everything in R-Type and Bonk is so big!

Mishran

Dragon Slayer. Just started chapter 2, but so far I like. Alot of necessary grinding though as you progress.

roflmao

My 3 year old can't get enough of the Crush games - I got just over 50 million on Devil's Crush this morning.  Not a bad score for me. :)

nat

Quote from: guest on 08/17/2011, 11:05 AMLast night, I played Psychosis for the first time ever. It's not the best shmup on the console by any means, but it is definitely one of the more interesting ones. It's very much a Naxat Soft game as many of the enemies looked like something out of either Alien Crush or Devil's Crush. The action's a little slow, but I really like the concept and the look of the game.
Except Naxat had nothing to do with the Crushes (except pressing and publishing, of course)... :) Compile developed and programmed the Crush games.

I have no idea who actually designed and programmed Psychosis, but I'd love to find out. It's possible Naxat did it in-house, I suppose.

SuperPlay

Just finished Bomberman '93 ..... Back to YS 1&2 to finish that off tomorrow

DesmondThe3rd

I just finished Cadash again after about 18 years

geise

Popped in some Lords of Thunder.   :twisted:  It's been ages since I've played it, but I never get sick of it.  It's one of those games I can always come back to and get a quick fix.

hoobs88

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 08/21/2011, 12:13 AMI just finished Cadash again after about 18 years
Which of the 4 characters did you use?

DesmondThe3rd

JoshTurboTrollX

Family went to bed early tonight, got in three solid hours of OBEY!!

Continued onward in Emerald Dragon, just an amazing beautiful game.  Finally got through the first mini dungeon, and met up with two new members of my party.
Screwed around a bit with Air ZONK on a harder difficulty.  Ok, this game isn't as easy as I remembered.
Got to the crazy fast 'last level' of LoT before having to continue.
Blasted through 19 levels of Pac Land, before getting fed up with some nasty platforming.  After finally giving this game some proper playing time, it really is pretty fun.  Can't believe its taken me this long to get into it.  :)
And of course had to blast through a few levels of Sapphire after getting my ass handed to me in Image Fight II (2nd Level....STILL).
Also spent 15 mins playing 'Takin' it to the Hoop'.. why is this game hated on so HARD?  I actually found it pretty fun, and actually felt a bit more fluid than TV sports B-ball....

SuperPlay

Wow that is an action packed 3 hours :-)

GohanX

I spent most of my free time over the weekend playing Dragon's Curse for the first time. I love this game! I got to the (I think) last boss but got killed in a close fight.

jlued686

Quote from: nat on 08/19/2011, 09:20 PMExcept Naxat had nothing to do with the Crushes (except pressing and publishing, of course)... :) Compile developed and programmed the Crush games.

I have no idea who actually designed and programmed Psychosis, but I'd love to find out. It's possible Naxat did it in-house, I suppose.
Strange...Moby Games claims it was Naxat, as does Wikipedia. Of course, Wikipedia also says Compile developed them, so there goes that credibility.

Anyway, regarding Psychosis, it was apparently developed by Dual Corporation. At least, according to Moby Games.
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/dual-corporation/

EDIT: Upon further research, it looks like Alien Crush and Devil's Crush were co-developed by Compile and Naxat. So perhaps we're both right? Maybe. So says the internet. So who the hell knows?

Jesse813

roflmao

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/21/2011, 11:22 PMFamily went to bed early tonight, got in three solid hours of OBEY!!

Continued onward in Emerald Dragon, just an amazing beautiful game.  Finally got through the first mini dungeon, and met up with two new members of my party.
Screwed around a bit with Air ZONK on a harder difficulty.  Ok, this game isn't as easy as I remembered.
Got to the crazy fast 'last level' of LoT before having to continue.
Blasted through 19 levels of Pac Land, before getting fed up with some nasty platforming.  After finally giving this game some proper playing time, it really is pretty fun.  Can't believe its taken me this long to get into it.  :)
And of course had to blast through a few levels of Sapphire after getting my ass handed to me in Image Fight II (2nd Level....STILL).
Also spent 15 mins playing 'Takin' it to the Hoop'.. why is this game hated on so HARD?  I actually found it pretty fun, and actually felt a bit more fluid than TV sports B-ball....
Awesome way to spend the evening.  Pac Land is way more fun than I remember back in the day.  I played a bit of it yesterday (My 3-yr-obey is a huge Pac Man fan) and I always dig playing it.  Most games I prefer playing with the TurboStick, but this is one of the few the TurboPad is clearly better.  The turbo switches are easier to flip mid-action.  R-Type and the Crush games are also better on the Pad, IMO.

Today, I think for the first time, I made it to the last level of Gate of Thunder before hitting the continue screen.  That's where I quit.  Whew, the difficulty ramps up quickly!  I freaking love this game.