OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/07/2013, 05:55 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/07/2013, 03:15 PMI'm rocking Neutopia now that I have the ability to save my game to memory.

It's a great game but I feel like the hit detection is off a bit or I'm not used to the hit box area. 
For the hit detection box, think the NES game 'The Legend of Zelda'.  Of course, after you have the fire wand, the sword almost become superfluous.   :mrgreen:
I noticed that lol :P

munchiaz

I popped in Final solider after trying to fix a broken copy of splatterhouse, just to make sure the Duo - R worked. Ended up beating the game for the first time. Really awesome shmup. It was pretty easy until level 6, and i died on the last level around 4 times until i was able to beat it. Some day i'll get that 1cc

munchiaz

Played some cotton today. Played the game twice and i could only make it to stage 5. Its so frustrating

Bardoly

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/09/2013, 11:50 PMPlayed some cotton today. Played the game twice and i could only make it to stage 5. Its so frustrating
I enjoy the game, but I still haven't been able to beat it yet myself.

esteban

IMG Hany quickly reveals, "Power Golf and Buster Bros. have been getting some love recently."
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Quote from: esteban on 05/10/2013, 04:05 AMIMG Hany quickly reveals, "Power Golf and Buster Bros. have been getting some love recently."
Funny coincidence. A guy with your user name just posted 2 vids themed around Power Golf and Buster Bros.
What a small world.

esadajr

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/09/2013, 11:50 PMPlayed some cotton today. Played the game twice and i could only make it to stage 5. Its so frustrating
yeah, but frustatingly addictive
Gaming since 1985

Bardoly

Well, I got one of my grails in the mail yesterday, so I played it some last night.

/img4888i.jpg

The one on the left.   :mrgreen:

My boys and I enjoyed it, although we didn't play it all the way through.  I will say that the screen does get rather busy (with no slowdown), what with all of the fruit flying everywhere.  I felt like I was making a fruit salad or something.   :lol:

After playing it for a while, we tried out Dragon Egg! and really enjoyed it.  I played through the first 2-3 stages, and then decided to go ahead and beat the first world.  I was rather surprised when the end credits started scrolling after beating the boss of the castle of what I figured was the first world of 4-6 worlds.  I was playing the game on 'easy' mode, though, so I'm going to try it on 'Normal' or 'Hard' the next time that I play it.  I will say that the game was quite cute and enjoyable but also easy and short.

Also, we played some Puyo Puyo as well which is a pretty fun game, but I still can't even beat the first opponent.   ](*,)

munchiaz

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/10/2013, 02:17 PMWell, I got one of my grails in the mail yesterday, so I played it some last night.

/img4888i.jpg

My boys and I enjoyed it, although we didn't play it all the way through.  I will say that the screen does get rather busy (with no slowdown), what with all of the fruit flying everywhere.  I felt like I was making a fruit salad or something.   :lol:

After playing it for a while, we tried out Dragon Egg! and really enjoyed it.  I played through the first 2-3 stages, and then decided to go ahead and beat the first world.  I was rather surprised when the end credits started scrolling after beating the boss of the castle of what I figured was the first world of 4-6 worlds.  I was playing the game on 'easy' mode, though, so I'm going to try it on 'Normal' or 'Hard' the next time that I play it.  I will say that the game was quite cute and enjoyable but also easy and short.

Also, we played some Puyo Puyo as well which is a pretty fun game, but I still can't even beat the first opponent.   ](*,)
CORYOON!!!. Some day ill have my own copy. What is the game to the right?

Bardoly

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/10/2013, 06:12 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 05/10/2013, 02:17 PMWell, I got one of my grails in the mail yesterday, so I played it some last night.

/img4888i.jpg

CORYOON!!!. Some day ill have my own copy. What is the game to the right?
It's MAKAI HAKKENDEN SHADA an action RPG in the vein of Ys, or so I've been told.

MrFlutterPie

I've been play Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu!

Best.Game.Ever!

Dyna138

I've been on a JRPG kick as of late and have been playing some Genesis RPGs as well as YS Book I&II again. I find I'm enjoying YS even more than the last time. The music and story are classic and the voice acting was leagues ahead of other CD titles of the day.

It's a shame YS III wasn't held up to the same standard.

PukeSter

Having just ordered Strider Arcade CD, I've been playing a lot of Strider on PS2. ;)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2013, 05:09 PMHaving just ordered Strider Arcade CD, I've been playing a lot of Strider on PS2. ;)
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...

Marll

Quote from: esteban on 05/12/2013, 11:04 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/12/2013, 05:09 PMHaving just ordered Strider Arcade CD, I've been playing a lot of Strider on PS2. ;)
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...
Strider should have been awesome but is generally just OK in my opinion.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Nando

Quote from: Marll on 05/13/2013, 04:33 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/12/2013, 11:04 PM
Strider should have been awesome but is generally just OK in my opinion.
How does it compare to the MD/Genesis version?

munchiaz

Started playing cosmic fantasy 2 tonight. So far its pretty good. Have to grind a bit, but it wouldnt be a classic JRPG without that. Also the working designs translation is just awesome

IMG

esteban

^ I agree, munchiaz. I never understood all the hate and venom that some folks harbored towards WD's translations. Corny? Juvenile? Dated? Sure. But WD's translations were infinitely better than the broken, incoherent, fabricated, abridged and uninspired translations we were getting in the 80's/early 90's.

BACK ON TOPIC: I have been conserving my grenades and trying to make some real progress in Yo, Bro for the past week or two. When playing Yo, Bro, I am reminded of other games where lining up your shots is difficult... usually it is because of the controls, but there are also the overhead games where projectiles originate off-center (that is: your character is literally right-handed or left-handed) and it feels awkward to compensate for this because 99.99% of games have projectiles originating from dead center of your avatar's sprite. Gain Ground has this (I think it was done to give each character a unique feel?) and Time Soldier SMS (I think? This is a horrible port, anyway)... what other games do this (overhead run-n-gun genre)?

PunkCryborg

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/19/2013, 08:22 PMGOD PANIC
Dig that crazy music! Stairway to Heaven and...what else is on there? It's been years...

RoyVegas

Played the first 15 levels of boxyboy with my son. FRUSTRATING!  lol
All is well. :)

Mishran

Played a little more pyramid plunder this morning. Really dig the game. Still haven't finished Mysterious Song. That second part of the bonus dungeon had me so frustrated I've been constantly putting it off. One day, one day.

bob

I gots to get me some Pyramid Plunder.

PukeSter

Quote from: esteban on 05/12/2013, 11:04 PMI'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...
Hehe, I got the game yesterday. :D

Strider is an extremely well-crafted platformer. An A class game on any system. Problem is that it is a lazy port.
Some stages are pretty nice, like 1 and 3, but others like the Jungle stage are riddled with slow-down and annoying changes(like omission of T-Rex enemy)
The extra stage is ok, but a nice addition. Both bosses are awesome.
The backgrounds are so lazy though that I cannot comprehend. Many of them are literally one putrid color i.e. Jungle stage.
Game is really fast and fun, but sometimes hard to make essential jumps.
CD quality sound is awesome, but many tracks were cut. Some songs are exclusive, though. Cutscenes are good.
I managed to beat the game within 3 continues the day after I bought it. If you can overlook the flaws, then I highly recommend it! :)

EDIT: Just 1CCed it on Normal. :)

Nec.Game.head

Ive been playing Star Parodia for the past 2 hours now. I'm stuck on level 5. I am having a blast playing it through s-video on my projector. The music and levels are so animated and full of color. Loving every minute of it ! Gotta stick it through and get past this awesome game today !!!

/img573z.jpg
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

roflmao

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 05/21/2013, 08:37 PMIve been playing Star Parodia for the past 2 hours now. I'm stuck on level 5. I am having a blast playing it through s-video on my projector. The music and levels are so animated and full of color. Loving every minute of it ! Gotta stick it through and get past this awesome game today !!!
Nice setup!  Star Parodier is one of my favorites.  I was playing it earlier today as well.  :)

If you just want to get through the game to see all the levels, there's an easier difficulty setting from the Options Menu.  The bosses in particular are quite a bit easier.

I posted a longplay of Star Parodier to youtube a couple of months ago.  Each level is it's own video. This was normal difficulty.  It wasn't my cleanest playthrough, but it's what I got when the recorder was going. :)

Bardoly

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/19/2013, 08:22 PMGOD PANIC
I rated this game as an '7' out of 10 on PCE Daisakusen!

I just got this fun vertical shoot-'em-up recently, and I popped it in on the same day that I got it to try it out for a bit, and I ended up beating the entire game in one try   :shock:  , loosing 3 or 4 lives in the process but using no continues.

I did play it on 'Easy' mode, so I'll have to try it again later on 'Normal' or 'Hard' mode.  I was rather surprised that I did so well my first time, but I did enjoy the game and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys easier vertical shoot-'em-ups, although it does have a few risque visuals, so be forewarned.

/img4909w.jpg
God Panic end screen

munchiaz

Still playing more cosmic fantasy 2. Just got Lyle on my team

PukeSter

Well, now I just got Snatcher in the mail. It's a high-quality package for sure (two manuals)! Unfortunately, I definitely am gonna need to keep up with Kana, and I gotta start Kanji right after!

It seems like the game itself is just clicking options till they progress the story. I can do that, but I won't know the story! Really great artwork though and fancy intro. :)

Damon Plus

Quote from: guest on 05/21/2013, 03:39 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/12/2013, 11:04 PMI'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...

Strider is an extremely well-crafted platformer. An A class game on any system. Problem is that it is a lazy port.
Some stages are pretty nice, like 1 and 3, but others like the Jungle stage are riddled with slow-down and annoying changes(like omission of T-Rex enemy)
The backgrounds are so lazy though that I cannot comprehend. Many of them are literally one putrid color i.e. Jungle stage.
CD quality sound is awesome, but many tracks were cut. Some songs are exclusive, though. Cutscenes are good.
I managed to beat the game within 3 continues the day after I bought it. If you can overlook the flaws, then I highly recommend it! :)

I never quite understood what was so good about Strider. It gets good reviews everywhere, but its choppy controls ruin it for me.

esteban

Quote from: Damon Plus on 05/23/2013, 03:11 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/21/2013, 03:39 PM

I never quite understood what was so good about Strider. It gets good reviews everywhere, but its choppy controls ruin it for me.
Strider Arcade = Le Awesome.

Bardoly

Thanks to gbapalyer, I played some Sylphia last night.  I didn't have enough time to play it much, but I had fun for 10-15 minutes.

roflmao

I played some Cotton this morning and actually made it to level 3!  I usually have a hard time just getting through level 2. :P

Bardoly

Played some Jigoku Meguri (aka Bonze Adventure or Hell Explorer) last night and enjoyed it, but I only have a few minutes.  I'll definitely have to come back to it.

roflmao

World Court Tennis Quest Mode is way too addicting!  Where did this evening go?  And why do I keep playing a game I suck so bad at? 

It's brilliant!

Damon Plus

World Court Tennis quest mode is too hard at the begining, it evens out at the end. What I always wanted to know is if there were some hidden items in towns.

esadajr

last night I was playing Die Hard, and I liked it. For one, it's way better than the NES version. Ok graphics, decent sound effects. The music is no masterpiece but somehow puts you in the mood. The controls are fine, it is playable.
I disagree with the PCE bible review, I don't think it's a game you should avoid. While not a fabulantastic game, I think it's worth a shot.
Gaming since 1985

MrFlutterPie

^ I actually want to pick up Die Hard for the PCE as well as Operation Wolf.

I have been playing Somer Assault.  Only the Jappenense could make a game about a slinky that shoots crap warped in a zodiac theme.

PunkCryborg

Played some Daimakamura, Aldynnes and Granzort tonight

Mishran

Played Final Soldier for a bit last night. Got to stage 5 and stopped. Never been real good at shooters, but I can really get into this one.

Mishran

Just played through Final Zone 2. Tore through a few levels of Meteor Blaster, but didn't get very far as usual. I've got Exile sitting in the drive now for later tonight.

dallaspattern

Dragon's Curse. Just beat the mouse man boss.

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 06/02/2013, 07:17 AMPlayed Final Soldier for a bit last night. Got to stage 5 and stopped. Never been real good at shooters, but I can really get into this one.
I haven't played this in ages. I gotta compare it to the others.

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/29/2013, 03:41 PM^ I actually want to pick up Die Hard for the PCE as well as Operation Wolf.

I have been playing Somer Assault.  Only the Japanese could make a game about a slinky that shoots crap warped in a zodiac theme.
I always had a soft spot for Somer Assault (Mesopotamia), the quirky little game that it is.

Operation Wolf....I have the HuCARD somewhere but can never find it when I'm in the mood to play it, so I opt for Ninja Warriors instead  :pcgs: 

Mishran

Quote from: esteban on 06/02/2013, 02:12 PMso I opt for Ninja Warriors instead  :pcgs:   
You poor, poor man! My heart goes out to you. :cry:

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 06/02/2013, 02:22 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/02/2013, 02:12 PMso I opt for Ninja Warriors instead  :pcgs:   
You poor, poor man! My heart goes out to you. :cry:
It is sad and pathetic. I weep as I type this.  IMG

Mishran

I got bored so I started Exile early. All the times I've played it, I never found the lady who mentions Sadler's next game being "Super CD" and that it'll be called Exile 2: The Revenge until today. Looks like everyone starts dancing afterwards.  :lol:

Never know when/what you might discover for the first time in a game something you didn't know was there.

Pretty cool though pointless easter egg in the game.

geise

JJ and Jeff!  I will always like this game no matter how many people hate it.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: geise on 06/03/2013, 01:33 PMJJ and Jeff!  I will always like this game no matter how many people hate it.
I'm actually getting far in this game.

Currently though I am hammering through Red Alert.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/03/2013, 01:53 PMCurrently though I am hammering through Red Alert.
By hammering through you mean pushing the up button? That's about all you have to do in that game.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: geise on 06/03/2013, 01:33 PMJJ and Jeff!  I will always like this game no matter how many people hate it.
I kinda like it myself.