What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordan_hillman

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

reson8er

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/18/2014, 04:02 PM
Quote from: reson8er on 05/18/2014, 01:29 PMI literally just finished playing Kaze Kiri on PC engine. Have been on a serious ninja game binge lately.
Great game I love how fluid the animations are. Plus NINJAS ROCK!!!!!
Yea I am really loving it, it has that addictive quality for me, especially after learning all the moves you can pull off. Admittedly at first I found it all a bit stiff, but once you learn the moves it becomes very fluid and fun. Great game.

jtucci31

I've been playing some bomberman with friends lately. That's been a lot of fun.

But I cannot beat the final boss on Fantasy Zone. I'm a noob but I get to the final thing it shoots out and die every time.

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 07:02 PMI've been playing some bomberman with friends lately. That's been a lot of fun.

But I cannot beat the final boss on Fantasy Zone. I'm a noob but I get to the final thing it shoots out and die every time.
I have the exact same problem..............

Quote from: technozombie on 03/25/2014, 05:37 PMFantasy Zone, I can't beat the last boss. I guess I'm going to have to watch a youtube video. Those things that come out,one always moves straight for me and kills me. Also, just curious and I'm sure this has been asked before but is it consider cheating to use the turbo switch?

jtucci31

Quote from: technozombie on 05/21/2014, 03:45 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 07:02 PMI've been playing some bomberman with friends lately. That's been a lot of fun.

I have the exact same problem..............

Quote from: technozombie on 03/25/2014, 05:37 PMFantasy Zone, I can't beat the last boss. I guess I'm going to have to watch a youtube video. Those things that come out,one always moves straight for me and kills me. Also, just curious and I'm sure this has been asked before but is it consider cheating to use the turbo switch?
Tried again today, got to the final boss with 6 extra lives and still couldn't beat it. I'm just going to continuously try until i get too frustrated.

I use the turbo switch. Maybe it is cheating, but oh well!

technozombie

I'm sure developers designed games knowing that people would always have access to the turbo switch, however fantasy zone being an arcade port I feel it makes it a lot easier oh well I still use it too.

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 05/21/2014, 04:37 PMTried again today, got to the final boss with 6 extra lives and still couldn't beat it. I'm just going to continuously try until i get too frustrated.

I have a strategy for beating the final boss if you wanna hear it... I'll keep it to myself if you don't. :)

Anyway, currently playing through Vasteel... played as Stefan already, now playing as Fallial.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

jtucci31

Quote from: OldRover on 05/24/2014, 12:04 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/21/2014, 04:37 PMTried again today, got to the final boss with 6 extra lives and still couldn't beat it. I'm just going to continuously try until i get too frustrated.

I have a strategy for beating the final boss if you wanna hear it... I'll keep it to myself if you don't. :)

Anyway, currently playing through Vasteel... played as Stefan already, now playing as Fallial.
I.....oh that's tempting. I've tried multiple different strategies that obviously haven't worked.

Yeah just tell me. I need to beat it!

MrFlutterPie

I've been playing some Buster Brothers lately. 

It can seem hit or miss.  If you get the right item drops at the right time you can blast through it without and any issues.

technozombie

I too must know, PM me if you want to keep it secret.  :evil:

roflmao

Rondo.  I still haven't beaten it.  And it's not going to happen tonight. :)

Dicer

Gamola Speed, damn game is so damned awesome

seieienbu

Played Bonk's Adventure.  At some point I'm going to try to do a run as quickly as I can and time it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

jtucci31

Quote from: technozombie on 05/24/2014, 03:58 PM

I too must know, PM me if you want to keep it secret.  :evil:
His "secrets" work! Beat it this morning, felt good to finally see that end screen. On to the next game!

synbiosfan

Played Alien Crush for most of the day but no scores worth posting :P

Ninja16608

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/25/2014, 10:27 PMPlayed Alien Crush for most of the day but no scores worth posting :P
HAHA thats what i have been playing. Get out of my game room!!!

o.pwuaioc

I kid you not Alien Crush is in my TurboDuo right now.

Bardoly

Just played through and beat Magical Chase on Bumpy difficulty mode.

/dy31k.jpg

/12gtg.jpg

I had always got stuck on the level 4 boss who sits in an anti-gravity chair flying backwards, and I would always run into walls and stuff.  This time, I just kept at it until I finally won.  The last stage was a doozy, but after many continues, it was finally conquered.  :)  Now I'll have to try the hardest difficulty.   :?

I rated this game as '8' out of 10 on Pcedaisakusen!  My comments posted there are as follows:

QuoteMagical Chase - an ironic name for the rarest TurboGrafx-16 game, since many TG-16 collectors are 'chasing' this game. This game is a 1-player only horizontal shoot-'em-up/cute-'em-up in the vein of Air Zonk, and were the quantities available for each the same, then their prices would likely be around the same as well. This game is quite well-made, with tight controls, and a nice power-up shop system. (You can customize your ship witch somewhat however you like, based on the 'money' that you collect from destroyed enemies.) The shop appears 1-2 times in every level, but at the beginning only of the final stage. You must beat the game on Medium Bumpy mode or higher, otherwise the game ends after the first 3 stages. Anyway, I rate this game as a solid '8' out of 10. If it had a 2-player mode, I would probably give it a '10'. While it is definitely worth playing, the current price of the game will deter most from ever playing it outside of emulation and/or an Everdrive.

Damon Plus

Been playing my long awaited Bonk's revenge. I'm liking it a bit more after each playthrough. One of the best eye candy in the system if we talk about use of colour. 2-1 looks amazing to me.

reson8er

Been playing a bunch on the PC engine this weekend, howver I also manged to squeeze in some quality time with the always amazing Blazing Lazers and Lords of Thunder.  Hot damn what phenomenal games.

On a side note, I also started ripping the audio from the CD games so I could listen on the go!

hoobs88

Quote from: reson8er on 05/27/2014, 09:56 AMBeen playing a bunch on the PC engine this weekend, howver I also manged to squeeze in some quality time with the always amazing Blazing Lazers and Lords of Thunder.  Hot damn what phenomenal games.

On a side note, I also started ripping the audio from the CD games so I could listen on the go!
I used to have a spare copy of Lord of Thunder to listen to in my car but I sold it a while back. I couldn't figure out how to rip the audio into my computer. Do you need a program for that?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

reson8er

Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/27/2014, 10:21 AM
Quote from: reson8er on 05/27/2014, 09:56 AMBeen playing a bunch on the PC engine this weekend, howver I also manged to squeeze in some quality time with the always amazing Blazing Lazers and Lords of Thunder.  Hot damn what phenomenal games.

I used to have a spare copy of Lord of Thunder to listen to in my car but I sold it a while back. I couldn't figure out how to rip the audio into my computer. Do you need a program for that?
I've heard on PC's it requires software and can be a bit annoying. I have a mac and all I do is insert the disc and the tracks are ready to rip. sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

seieienbu

After finally getting my hands on a copy, I played Dracula X briefly.  With luck I'll have time this weekend to give it a real playthrough.

jtucci31

Quote from: reson8er on 05/27/2014, 09:56 AMOn a side note, I also started ripping the audio from the CD games so I could listen on the go!
I too would like to know how to do this. I always just spend time searching the internet far and wide for soundtracks of games I like.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 05/27/2014, 10:46 PMI too would like to know how to do this. I always just spend time searching the internet far and wide for soundtracks of games I like.
Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is what I use to rip music from games with redbook audio. You have to download the mp3 encoder separately, but they provide links on how to get it.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

It's also useful if you have a large CD library and want to convert it to mp3 (or other formats) and it's free! :D

Bardoly

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/27/2014, 09:38 PMAfter finally getting my hands on a copy, I played Dracula X briefly.  With luck I'll have time this weekend to give it a real playthrough.
Do it.  It's a great game.  I need to go back and try to get that last 4%.  (I beat the game, but I got stuck on 96%.)

esteban

Quote from: reson8er on 05/27/2014, 10:49 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/27/2014, 10:21 AM

I've heard on PC's it requires software and can be a bit annoying. I have a mac and all I do is insert the disc and the tracks are ready to rip. sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Quote from: guest on 05/27/2014, 10:46 PM
Quote from: reson8er on 05/27/2014, 09:56 AMOn a side note, I also started ripping the audio from the CD games so I could listen on the go!
I too would like to know how to do this. I always just spend time searching the internet far and wide for soundtracks of games I like.
Dudes!

https://archives.tg-16.com/music_database.htm?col=en&val=lords

You will find some nice tunes ready for you...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: esteban on 05/28/2014, 01:23 AMDudes!

https://archives.tg-16.com/music_database.htm?col=en&val=lords

You will find some nice tunes ready for you...
Dude! Thank you, this is awesome. I can burn so much music for my car, and I've been in a desperate need of new tunes as i sling the 'za.

sosoyo180

I'm waiting on a CIJ copy of Parasol Stars in the mail, so i'm obviously gonna play the junk out of it, but a couple days ago I caved and got Soldier Blade on PSN and have been deep dish into it.

But the more I play Soldier Blade the more I want to play Final Soldier, so i've been trying to beat my 2min high score  :-&
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

Bardoly

Quote from: sosoyo180 on 05/29/2014, 10:24 PMI'm waiting on a CIJ copy of Parasol Stars in the mail, so i'm obviously gonna play the junk out of it, but a couple days ago I caved and got Soldier Blade on PSN and have been deep dish into it.

But the more I play Soldier Blade the more I want to play Final Soldier, so i've been trying to beat my 2min high score  :-&
I really enjoy Final Soldier too.  I've been able to beat it, but not Soldier Blade yet.

sosoyo180

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/30/2014, 01:17 AMI really enjoy Final Soldier too.  I've been able to beat it, but not Soldier Blade yet.
Yeah I'm in the exact same boat, Final Soldier is definitely not overkill on the difficulty, but Soldier Blade is muuch harder. Thank god for the PSN saving feature....

I mean what? I never used that to beat operation 5!  :roll:

ToyMachine78

Just finished exile... Way too easy, and just started loom. Bought it from KC a while back and finally getting around to it.

MrFlutterPie

Last Alert!!!

I like how the guy you save in level one sounds like a Muppet.  It's true the voice acting is so good lol.

sosoyo180

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/31/2014, 08:05 PMLast Alert!!!

I like how the guy you save in level one sounds like a Muppet.  It's true the voice acting is so good lol.
Amen!!! Whenever I play through the game it's purely for the hilarious voice acting!  :lol:

ToyMachine78

Quote from: sosoyo180 on 05/31/2014, 08:16 PM

Amen!!! Whenever I play through the game it's purely for the hilarious voice acting!  :lol:
.  Man wish I had the Turbo version.  I've got Red Alert, and the Japanese actors sound so effin serious.

sosoyo180

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2014, 09:38 PM

.  Man wish I had the Turbo version.  I've got Red Alert, and the Japanese actors sound so effin serious.
I'm so sorry... You have my condolences...

roflmao

Quote from: sosoyo180 on 05/31/2014, 09:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/31/2014, 09:38 PM

I'm so sorry... You have my condolences...
I typically pick up PCE versions of games released in the US, but that's one of the few where I held out for a good deal on the US release.  Just for the voice acting. It's awesomely terrible.

Next on my list is Final Zone II, but I think that's out of my paygrade these days (meaning it's more than $20). :)

MrFlutterPie

I picked up my Final Zone II for $20 sometime in the last few months.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 10:04 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/04/2014, 06:37 PMI finally sat down with Ys IV this afternoon and spent a fair chunk of time playing it.  All I can say is "Wow!"
What on earth is going on in that intro? I only have the PC Engine version, and I was clueless why those two guys were fighting.

I don't *need* to know English for this game, do I?
A little late to this, but here's the intro with our English fan dub (this one thanks to Justus):

Kickass "Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys" Dubbing Project Sampler - Darm Opening Battle!!!

And yeah, the whole game can now be fully patched to English, you evidently missed the news by ~2 years:

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/ys4/#downloads
https://www.ysutopia.net/downloads/ys4/

InfraMan

Just finished up Exile: Wicked Phenomenon... it wasn't off-puttingly difficult until the very last dungeon, where the game basically throws a brick wall at you. Even that one came down to just memorizing the enemy layouts though, after which you can walk through it without even taking damage.

What's funny is that for all the work it takes to get to him, the final boss is a complete pushover. :lol:

Bardoly

Played some Chiki Chiki Boys and Travel Eple with my boys recently, along with some Terra Cresta, and then tonight my sister and I tried to put the hurt on Tatsujin, but all it did was put the hurt on us...   ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Grumble, grumble, Tatsujin is hard, grumble, grumble...

esteban

munchiaz

Played some gekasha boy tonight. Made it to take 5 but couldnt get enough points to move forward.

Damon Plus

Haven't played them yet because I need to get the package, but I'm so excited for finally being able to play such Tg-16 classics as Dungeon Explorer and Bonk's Adventure!

Psycho Punch

I should... I thought JB harold voices were decent?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

seieienbu

Whereas Last Alert is the kind of bad that's so terrible it causes underflow and you end up with something awesome, Dragon Slayer is the kind of bad where it's just bad.

technozombie

I recently acquired New Adventure Island from a friend. I kind of hold the run button and go into this zone in my mind. I think that is a big part of the charm in a lot of old games. Even though the game is challenging, I don't have to think to hard.  Obviously I loved the intro so much I made it my signature.

esteban

Quote from: technozombie on 06/16/2014, 08:15 PMI recently acquired New Adventure Island from a friend. I kind of hold the run button and go into this zone in my mind. I think that is a big part of the charm in a lot of old games. Even though the game is challenging, I don't have to think to hard.  Obviously I loved the intro so much I made it my signature.
NAI is just a nice platformer—a familiar mechanic that is well executed and so damn enjoyable to play. It's sad that more folks don't cherish the heck out of this game.

munchiaz

played some shubiniman a few nights ago. Got stuck. Game is pretty tricking, mostly because the wonky hit boxes. I also played a little toyshop boys. Its one of those shooters that if you die once its really hard to come back from. Then i played some popful mail, but im currently stuck.

HailingTheThings

Keep coming back to Samurai Ghost, I will beat it even though I am terrible at everything. :(

Mega..I mean Shockman, this game is adorbs.

&

I tried Ghost Manor again, WTF is this game, like I like it, but the music is killing me a little. :3
IMG