Yeezy about to give our console a bad rap.... (ie: Kanye West and the Turbo)

Started by Dicer, 02/27/2016, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

johnnykonami

Quote from: Dicer on 02/27/2016, 12:44 AMwayback://twitter.com/kanyewest/
kanye1.png
What???  Forget that article from uproxx, Kanye is going to blow up the market for Turbo for good!  C'mon man!  Quick, start suggesting other more esoteric consoles to him so he'll change it!

Gredler

Well those collectards are about to get a nice return on investment. And people thought youtubers spreaded the turbo word fast, NecroPhile are you going to need a new mod to handle all of the new requests? Good by/buy/bye hobby.

Joe Redifer

Actual tweets:

kanye1.pngkanye2.png
kanye3.png

Link to tweets:
wayback://twitter/kanyewest/703446573552967680
wayback://twitter/kanyewest/703447172050788352
Lost: twitter . com/kanyewest/status/703447606299594752 (tweet reveals Blazing Lasers was his favorite game of the console) -> Screenshot-recovered via HappyConsoleJohnny's video!

Guess it won't be a super-exclusive club any more. Outsiders will know of the console. GASP! WE CAN'T LET OTHERS KNOW OF THIS CONSOLE IT IS FOR US ONLY!!!!

Dicer

Sorry for my piss poor OT skills Joe, please forgive me?
 [-o<

ClodBusted

Is this for real? Or are you guys kidding me?

Even the Wikipedia article mentions the album's name.

sosoyo180

Joe Redifer was Kayne West the whole time?? It all makes sense... Does that mean Dave is Kim?
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

famiac

I was just about to post about this. My roommate just showed me the twitter post

Damon Plus

Well, I don't know what to say about this. But one thing is for sure, we'll see Blazing Lazers prices skyrocket.

SamIAm

Googling this, it's been suggested that if his past releases are any indication, his next album will probably go through several names before it's out the door.

Kanye, if you're reading this, please introduce me to professional actors who can help with my Xanadu dub project. Thanks!

HailingTheThings

I was gonna post this, but yeah. Now I have a legitimate reason to hate Kanye West. Aside from him being a terrible human being and such, of course.

WTF?
IMG

Joe Redifer

You hate him because he likes the Turbo? That's pretty silly.

I'm just happy he spelled it correctly (though he's missing the hyphen and he added a space where it needn't be but whatevs). He even spelled Blazing Lazers correctly. I've seen so many butcherings of both names.

HappyConsoleGamer is uploading a video with his thoughts. I will post it here when he's done.

HailingTheThings

^ I hate him because he's gonna "blow up the spot." if you will, good sir.

PS Joe, I love you.

Beat ya to it.
IMG

Joe Redifer

MINIFAQ:

Q: "OMG collecting for the Turbo is gonna get expensive now!!!"
A: IT ALREADY IS, YOU FUCK! Also this is not likely to have a long-lasting effect and his fans are not likely to pay high prices for said games. They'll emulate or most likely watch Youtube videos.

Q: "Our forum is gonna become shit!"
A: Ain't no one gonna register for these forums because of Kanye.

Q: "What will be the long-reaching effects of this?"
A: Not much, just some cool notoriety that someone who's currently famous actually has legitimate fond memories of a great system. Should we throw contempt his way for liking the Turbo? That would make us a horrible community. The biggest impact is that there will be lots of searches on Google and Youtube for "Turbo Grafx 16". This might last a few days. Kanye will increase the $$$ in my wallet next month. I will buy a yacht despite being in a landlocked state.

Keith Courage

I really don't see anything wrong with him mentioning it. I'm not a fan of his but it's kinda cool that he remembers the system from when he was a kid I suppose.

The real name of his next album.
IMG

Gredler

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/27/2016, 04:33 AMMINIFAQ:

A: IT ALREADY IS, YOU FUCK! Also this is not likely to have a long-lasting effect and his fans are not likely to pay high prices for said games. They'll emulate or most likely watch Youtube videos.

A: Not much, just some cool notoriety that someone who's currently famous actually has legitimate fond memories of a great system. Should we throw contempt his way for liking the Turbo? That would make us a horrible community. The biggest impact is that there will be lots of searches on Google and Youtube for "Turbo Grafx 16". This might last a few days. Kanye will increase the $$$ in my wallet next month. I will buy a yacht despite being in a landlocked state.
Rappers are going to be throwing turbo chips at the strippers now, and you dont think prices are going up? And where do you think said rappers will source this site for these chips? Hmmmm? Well, prepare for rap battles and gang violence, because this shit is going down for real. Throwing bones is too old school, hucking hueys is the next rage, fo sho.

EDIT: I am sorry to anyone this post offended, I did not mean to imply that somehow Kanye's race is related to being a gangster. I grew up listening to a lot of hip-hop and this was a joke about how within rap circles during the era of the turbo there were a lot of beefs and rap battles etc, so I thought it was a funny analogy, but I don't mean to offend anyone, and apologize to anyone who lost friends or family during the rap violence in the 90's and early 2000's. PM me if this post was offensive and I'll gladly remove the post above, but will leave it up as not to hide my mistakes. Sorry everyone.

esteban

POP CULTURE SHELLSHOCK:
I still am in shock. Flabbergasted.  This is a joke, correct?

Also, I *can* and *can't* believe how much mainstream pop culture pulls from the glorious 1980's.

I'm just getting old.  Marketing/commoditizing childhood memories is a well-crafted art at this point. We certainly aren't the first generation to experience it...

BREAKING NEWS:
Comrade West joins the esteemed Macaulay Culkin in publicly (and sincerely) expressing a passion for TurboGrafx-16. Comrade Culkin professed 25 years ago.

To be honest, I think it's great that folks are "coming out of the closet" and "confessing" that they enjoyed the damn TurboGrafx-16.

DELUGE OF SELF-PROFESSING TG-16 fans in 3...2...1...

TRUTH:
Comrade Kanye can single-handedly take a niche item and push it much closer (or totally into) mainstream pop culture.

This is bittersweet and ~30 years too late, IMHO.

TG-16 needed a huge pop star back in 1989 to boost sales.

Think.
About.
It.

Tengai Makyou II might have been localized.

And that's just the beginning. 

Australius could have been localized.

In my beautiful mind.
In my alt.universe

BLAZING LAZERS FANS, UNITE:
I really don't know any of his music (I am sure I have heard something), but if Kanye likes Blazing Lazers...then I will hug him proudly when I see him.

Of course, Kanye is following other musicians who were inspired by Sega and TG-16. Good old Matthew Sweet had an album entitled "Altered Beast" (he was a Sega and TG-16 supporter).

CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS
I thought FEKA had the support of the biggest and best celebrities. FEKA's marketing for Genesis was unstoppable.

I always felt I would go to my grave knowing that...

FEKA = Michael Jackson & first-tier Disney.

TG-16 = Nobody & third-tier Disney.

But, now?

COMRADE KANYE = TG-16's Moonwalker

Our King of Pop.

Our Saviour from L'Obscurité.

THE TWEET HEARD 'ROUND THE WORLD:
'Nuff said.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MattJ

Well... after waking up and seeing this news before 7 AM... so much for needing a cup of coffee.  :shock:

780racer

Blazing lazers is the shit. So kudos for a good name drop. That music is just epic.

I agree with its cool to get the lime light, but might make prices go higher than before. its a meh moment. A win in a sense, but mainly just meh.

esteban

SplatterTrigger

esteban

MattJ

esteban

EvilEvoIX

First  Kevin McCallister and now Kayne.  Prepare for $1,000 Keith Courage Cards.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

seieienbu

...someone famous liked the Turbo?  Great.  Still won't buy his album.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

DildoKKKobold

Every post on pcefx
from the first
to the next
even if its worse

Needs to be written in Rap form.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

poponon

Quote from: SplatterTrigger on 02/27/2016, 10:56 AMIMG
Looooooooooool.

this is awesome, this exposure is good for the community, hopefully more ppl join.

muh secret club

Bloufo

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/27/2016, 04:33 AMQ: "Our forum is gonna become shit!"
The truth.

cerebralshrike

Quote from: Gredler on 02/27/2016, 05:07 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/27/2016, 04:33 AMMINIFAQ:

Rappers are going to be throwing turbo chips at the strippers now, and you dont think prices are going up? And where do you think said rappers will source this site for these chips? Hmmmm? Well, prepare for rap battles and gang violence, because this shit is going down for real. Throwing bones is too old school, hucking hueys is the next rage, fo sho.
No gangster I've ever met has listened to Kanye West. "Gangsta rap" hasn't been mainstream since the late 90s, so I doubt you'll see any shootouts as a result of this. Plus, there is nothing Gangsta about his music at all. The music in his last few albums has been very synthetic 80s sounding. Plus, his albums usually go through several name changes before he actually settles on one.

Kanye has made video game references in the past, as have many rappers. Heck, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony used the beat from the Eternal Champions theme song for their song "Eternal."

This isn't going to ruin anything, for a month or so there will be more Google hits, and a few games will be sold and maybe gouged, but that's it. Things will go back to normal.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: cerebralshrike on 02/27/2016, 11:32 AMNo gangster I've ever met has listened to Kanye West.
This is an exaggeration. Gang members are a very diverse group and include many otherwise normal individuals who like all kinds of music, including Kanye. That said...

Quote"Gangsta rap" hasn't been mainstream since the late 90s, so I doubt you'll see any shootouts as a result of this.
Yep, it's all club music now. I don't think it'll ever come back again, either.

LostFlunky

Explains his revelation last week about his money problems though - probably was trying to buy Magical Chase and realized he couldn't afford it...

Edited to add:  I think this is the first time I have seen that he has said something that makes him seem like a "real" human being...

Marto_Jo-ing

This is HORRIBLE!!! Worst news I've heard in years. Maybe Kanye was the buyer of the Magical Chase that sold on Ebay for over $4000 a couple weeks ago. LOL!

Gredler

Wrong bro, pce and turbo fans will be like bloods and crips, gunhed fans will fight blazing lazers fans, and TV Sports Hockey fans will gun down hit the ice fans, anarchy and maddness will befall us soon!

Enternal

Quote from: poponon on 02/27/2016, 11:07 AM
Quote from: SplatterTrigger on 02/27/2016, 10:56 AMIMG
Looooooooooool.

this is awesome, this exposure is good for the community, hopefully more ppl join.

muh secret club
I was beaten to the punch

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 02/27/2016, 01:55 PMWrong bro, pce and turbo fans will be like bloods and crips, gunhed fans will fight blazing lazers fans, and TV Sports Hockey fans will gun down hit the ice fans, anarchy and maddness will befall us soon!
Truth. :)

jtucci31

God the Turbo/PCE facebook groups had a goddamn field day with this shit. Kanye's head posted on damn near every turbo game.

I'm not mad though, it's funny!

Digi.k

ah shit and I was hoping to get a US copy of Ys III for a song here in the UK....

Koop

Quote from: Gredler on 02/27/2016, 01:55 PMWrong bro, pce and turbo fans will be like bloods and crips, gunhed fans will fight blazing lazers fans, and TV Sports Hockey fans will gun down hit the ice fans, anarchy and maddness will befall us soon!
TG-16 fans/owners watch yo back...

imgur . com/Cr01Gci.png

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: 780racer on 02/27/2016, 06:54 AMBlazing lazers is the shit. So kudos for a good name drop. That music is just epic.

I agree with its cool to get the lime light, but might make prices go higher than before. its a meh moment. A win in a sense, but mainly just meh.
This should have been the pack in game.  Would have changed the entire course of the TG 16 for the US market for sure.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Enternal

IMG

Fourth line down on the left... "Video Games" we can bet that he planned a revival of the TurboGrafx 16 and should be celebrated as our king.

CrackTiger

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/27/2016, 05:16 PM
Quote from: 780racer on 02/27/2016, 06:54 AMBlazing lazers is the shit. So kudos for a good name drop. That music is just epic.

This should have been the pack in game.  Would have changed the entire course of the TG 16 for the US market for sure.
For sure.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

Would you retards quit it with the "gang" shit? You're basically waving a giant flag that says "I'm clueless."

Btw, Kanye is a complete dick. Fuck him and all his sycophantic dick sucking hero worshippers.
IMG

Mathius

I can see both sides of the argument here but if prices skyrocket even more because of this I don't have to be happy about it. Regular gamers are already in the midst of the worst price hikes in our history. Kudos to Kayne for showing his love for the Turbografx-16. To hell with the resellers taking even more advantage of it.

Gentlegamer

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I can't wait for the flood of posts on here

AY YO LIKE, WHERE THAT THING IS THAT YEEZY BE UP ONS

and then they interrupt our posts to tell us about Beyonce
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BigusSchmuck

And? Seriously, who cares? The guy is a schmuck. Enough said.