PC Engine colour palette for artists

Started by _Paul, 11/01/2011, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

Here's a palette image that I made, it's handy to pick proper PCE colours from when drawing.

/pcenginecolourpalette.th.png

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

Awesome job, Paul! We've been waiting for a fully arranged palette like this for years! I'm so used to my own crappy palette set up. Thanks a lot, I have it saved!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Arkhan Asylum

The most important piece of this is the graytones, I think
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Keranu man, he posted this on the FU forum like... a year ago. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

_Paul

Quote from: The Old Rover on 11/01/2011, 11:56 PMKeranu man, he posted this on the FU forum like... a year ago. :)
Yeah, but this is updated since then.

OldRover

Yeah, come to think of it... it does look a bit different. The other one was more top to bottom layout-wise.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

FraGMarE

You know, I never really did get much use out of copying colors from a pre-made palette.  I did it that way for a while, but eventually I found manually typing in the colors I need until I end up with the 15 colors I want for that sprite/tileset is much more effective and efficient.  Rule of 36 FTW  :)

Arkhan Asylum

You can go with rule of ~31-39 to be honest, lol.  It'll accept them all on the turbob.

Nando

_Paul

Quote from: fragmare on 11/02/2011, 11:02 AMI found manually typing in the colors I need until I end up with the 15 colors I want for that sprite/tileset is much more effective and efficient.
Hardcore.