OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Protecting your collection

Started by xcrement5x, 06/13/2013, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

After reading the thread from Mathius about having had many games stolen from him, and having a forest fire raging about 10 miles from my house, I was wondering what people do to protect their collections?  Many of us have games that might be nominal in their individual values, but the overall collection can be quite large in its replacement cost.  Especially for those that collect odd/expensive things like arcade PCBs, Neo Geo, LaserActive and other stuff.  Heck, every console has its own super rares that are way beyond the cost of a common.

Does anyone here have a specific insurance policy or something to cover their games?  If so how did you get the dialog started with your insurer?  Did you need to have a catalog of stuff and define their value or what?

RoyVegas

Not sure about the insurance route.  My collection is protected by bars on the windows and guns.   Granted, neither of those things will help in the event of a flash flood, water or fire damage.............  I may have to rethink my plan.  ](*,)
All is well. :)

jeffhlewis

Beyond 10 large Ster-a-lite bins under my bed and a few boxes in my storage, the only protection I have is my apartment's water sprinkler system a prayer.

In all seriousness though I'm going to be upping my renter's insurance to account for the potential loss of the collection (based on estimated total value) just in case.

Should be interesting trying to explain to USAA Insurance why I want a 5-figure insurance policy on old video games.

turboswimbz

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/13/2013, 06:14 PMBeyond 10 large Ster-a-lite bins under my bed and a few boxes in my storage, the only protection I have is my apartment's water sprinkler system a prayer.

In all seriousness though I'm going to be upping my renter's insurance to account for the potential loss of the collection (based on estimated total value) just in case.

Should be interesting trying to explain to USAA Insurance why I want a 5-figure insurance policy on old video games.
I was reading that for large and rare collections, although be it the internet article that was on action figures, cars, ect. and not video games, That insurence companies will work with you and some have forms and rules for such things now, since more and more people have been insuring "collections".  So it might not be as hard as you think.

That being said, I have a lock on the front door . . . :/  perhaps I should consider adding something. . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Tatsujin

I only fear fire and quakes.
Rest should be absolutely no problem.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

I live in Michigan where natural disasters are virtually non-existent.

That's pretty much it. I have insurance but don't plan on using it because, realistically, nothing is going to happen to it and I'm not crazy enough to think that it is.

I do advise cataloging everything in advance though.
IMG

VestCunt

A friend lost some of her rare vinyl collection and renter's insurance was pretty good about covering it after she proved what was lost.

Keep a list and save receipts. Make a separate email folder for winning ebay emails and online receipts. Photos and videos probably don't hurt.
Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Also, be smart about social media: don't post your address next to pictures of your collection, don't broadcast vacation plans on facebook, etc.
Topic Adjourned.

bartre

strange that i just came across this.
i had a rather close call the other day - my dog decided my closet was the best place to relieve herself.
the closet is also where the bulk of my collection is currently stored, in largely cardboard boxes.
luckily, nothing was damaged, but i do believe that it doesn't hurt to be prepared, i think i'll switch over to something waterproof from here out

Flare65

roflmao

I keep all of my snes/genesis/sms carts in big plastic bins, my hucards and gb games in 3-ring binders with baseball card pages, and my disc-based games in large CD binders. If there was ever an emergency, I could quickly toss my collection in the trunk of my car, though I'd lose the boxes/cases and manuals.

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/14/2013, 12:44 AM
Quote from: Flare65 on 06/13/2013, 11:02 PMI'm a gun owner.  :)
IMG
That's not what he means. What he means is that if someone breaks into his house to steal his games the he'll finally have a legal excuse to do something he's always wanted to do: murder another human being. The pleasure of killing will far outweigh the value of any video game, the cost of cleaning brains out of the carpet, etc.

Being able to kill someone is basically like Christmas for many Americans. No, more like The Rapture. They wait and prepaid their whole lives for it, generations even. Of course they are statistically 20 times more likely to blow their own brains out in a fit of depression than they are to stop the "home invasion fairy" but hey, there's always a chance, right?
IMG

majors

A local buddy just starting investigating the same renters insurance thought. He told me the same thing turboswimbz said about working with insurance companies. They want your money, and collectors are usually somewhat OCD and take care of their shit, especially if they want insurance on it. My buddy already has a spread sheet with games and he is using that to get a quote. If I talk to him this wknd, I'll ask if he has any more details.

I, myself, have a meager collection and nothing in the Magical Chase range of rare/pricey. It would be a  sad day if a tree fell on my place or flood in the basement (where I keep my cabs) but the month premiums at this point in my financial life would not be worth it to me.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

RoyVegas

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/14/2013, 02:18 AMThat's not what he means. What he means is that if someone breaks into his house to steal his games the he'll finally have a legal excuse to do something he's always wanted to do: murder another human being. The pleasure of killing will far outweigh the value of any video game, the cost of cleaning brains out of the carpet, etc.

Being able to kill someone is basically like Christmas for many Americans. No, more like The Rapture. They wait and prepaid their whole lives for it, generations even. Of course they are statistically 20 times more likely to blow their own brains out in a fit of depression than they are to stop the "home invasion fairy" but hey, there's always a chance, right?
Spoken like a good gun control puppet.  Some people live in a wonderful bubble where crime doesn't exist and violence solves nothing.  Reality shows differently.

Ever been the  victim of a violent  crime  Zeta?  Ever had a gun to your head?  Ever been shot at?  Have you ever watched someone you love take several bullets and fight for their life just to breath another breath?   Of course you haven't,  if  you  had you would understand why some of us carry guns daily but one day it may happen, and if that day comes,  you'll  be a gun owner too.  Until then,  enjoy your bubble.

Tatsujin

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 08:51 AMEver been the  victim of a violent  crime  Zeta?  Ever had a gun to your head?  Ever been shot at?  Have you ever watched someone you love take several bullets and fight for their life just to breath another breath?   Of course you haven't,  if  you  had you would understand why some of us carry guns daily but one day it may happen, and if that day comes,  you'll  be a gun owner too.  Until then,  enjoy your bubble.
lol, if there were no guns, you wouldn't even ever get in any of the above mentioned situations.

f.e. ask this very same question to every Japanese citizen in the whole country of Japan, which wasn't born before the end of 2nd world war, and I bet you no shit, not one of 'em would answer with a "yes".

RoyVegas

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/14/2013, 08:57 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 08:51 AMEver been the  victim of a violent  crime  Zeta?  Ever had a gun to your head?  Ever been shot at?  Have you ever watched someone you love take several bullets and fight for their life just to breath another breath?   Of course you haven't,  if  you  had you would understand why some of us carry guns daily but one day it may happen, and if that day comes,  you'll  be a gun owner too.  Until then,  enjoy your bubble.
lol, if there were no guns, you wouldn't even ever get in any of the above mentioned situations.
I can't argue  that.  if there  were no guns there would be no gun crime.  Then replace the word gun with knife, bat or any other weapon.  People will use any  weapon they can find to commit  crimes,  guns aren't the problem,  crazy  people are the problem.

Tatsujin

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 09:24 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/14/2013, 08:57 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 08:51 AMEver been the  victim of a violent  crime  Zeta?  Ever had a gun to your head?  Ever been shot at?  Have you ever watched someone you love take several bullets and fight for their life just to breath another breath?   Of course you haven't,  if  you  had you would understand why some of us carry guns daily but one day it may happen, and if that day comes,  you'll  be a gun owner too.  Until then,  enjoy your bubble.
I can't argue  that.  if there  were no guns there would be no gun crime.  Then replace the word gun with knife, bat or any other weapon.  People will use any  weapon they can find to commit  crimes,  guns aren't the problem,  crazy  people are the problem.
Ah, I've heard that before:

esteban

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 08:51 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/14/2013, 02:18 AMThat's not what he means. What he means is that if someone breaks into his house to steal his games the he'll finally have a legal excuse to do something he's always wanted to do: murder another human being. The pleasure of killing will far outweigh the value of any video game, the cost of cleaning brains out of the carpet, etc.

Spoken like a good gun control puppet.  Some people live in a wonderful bubble where crime doesn't exist and violence solves nothing.  Reality shows differently.

Ever been the  victim of a violent  crime  Zeta?  Ever had a gun to your head?  Ever been shot at?  Have you ever watched someone you love take several bullets and fight for their life just to breath another breath?   Of course you haven't,  if  you  had you would understand why some of us carry guns daily but one day it may happen, and if that day comes,  you'll  be a gun owner too.  Until then,  enjoy your bubble.
Roy, Zeta's was the funniest sh*t that has been posted here in a LONG, LONG time. You have to give him some credit for that, even if you disagree with him.

ZETA = HILARIOUS (true story!)

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you (I think I'm one if the few folks who don't hold a grudge against you), but the entire equation:

Guns = Protection

Is complete and utter bullsh*t for 99.99% of REAL LIFE SCENARIOS. I don't deny that you may "feel safer", but this is but one of the many ways we all delude ourselves about "safety".

I love this country, but we are all f*cked up: just analyze what folks say when they talk about "safety"...I believe it is primarily rooted in fear. Fear. Not strength. Guns do not = strength, or empowerment. It is a crutch. It is the diet pill to solve your problems. It is the prescription to take away the anguish in my soul, the pain in my heart... It is the "miracle cure" that simply breeds more fear.

America is scared. America is suffering. America doesn't need snake-oil salesmen profiting off of our fear. What a booming business gun/weapons manufacturers are having! They profit handsomely from our fear.

Are Anericans so weak, pathetic and frail that we won't feel safe without guns? Our crutch of choice?

To be strong requires work, energy, dedication. We are too afraid (or lazy) to build a better community, so we BUY a "quick fix"...

Now let me stop rambling and pontificating! I want to commit some good, old-fashioned genocide on the BYDO  empire.

DEATH TO ALL, and to all a good night.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/14/2013, 09:34 AMAh, I've heard that before:
:lol:

Quote from: esteban on 06/14/2013, 09:40 AMIs complete and utter bullsh*t for 99.99% of REAL LIFE SCENARIOS. I don't deny that you may "feel safer", but this is but one of the many ways we all delude ourselves about "safety".

I love this country, but we are all f*cked up: just analyze what folks say when they talk about "safety"...I believe it is primarily rooted in fear. Fear. Not strength. Guns do not = strength, or empowerment. It is a crutch. It is the diet pill to solve your problems. It is the prescription to take away the anguish in my soul, the pain in my heart... It is the "miracle cure" that simply breeds more fear.

America is scared. America is suffering. America doesn't need snake-oil salesmen profiting off of our fear. What a booming business gun/weapons manufacturers are having! They profit handsomely from our fear.

Are Anericans so weak, pathetic and frail that we won't feel safe without guns? Our crutch of choice?

To be strong requires work, energy, dedication. We are too afraid (or lazy) to build a better community, so we BUY a "quick fix"...

Now let me stop rambling and pontificating! I want to commit some good, old-fashioned genocide on the BYDO  empire.

DEATH TO ALL, and to all a good night.

:pcgs:
Well, I guess during my experiences, I've fallen into that .01% that you mention where a gun has saved not only my but my mothers life.  So I have a different perspective.

I don't see guns as a crutch, I see them as a tool to be used only when necessary.  A method of protection.  To me, it's the same reason you and I have locks on the doors to our houses.  We know there are bad people out there that can and will hurt or kill you, that's why you lock your doors, isn't it?.  Not because I need a crutch to hide but on the off chance that someone decides they want to walk in my home and commit a crime against my family, the locks provide some protection so they can't just walk in. I view a gun in a similar tense, it's a tool in the event of the worst case scenario.  It doesn't make me cool, powerful or strong, it provides an added level of protection for myself and my family against nutcases (and there's surely no shortage of these).

xcrement5x

You know, it's funny because I was almost specifically going to say something about excluding guns because even though I have several in my house, a majority of burglary happens when people are not home so they're not much use and actually more of a liability at that point. 

I mean really, a lot of games are replaceable, but it's those really really hard to find items that I have no idea where to start.  How do you value a prototype or something?  What about like a copy of something that only comes up for sale a couple of times a year?  You might have a monetary value, but it could take months to find another copy. 

I guess it seems like the easiest thing to do would be have a list of all your stuff and go from there :|

PCEngineHell

To be honest I view guns like I would any other tool for safety, that being extra locks, security system, etc. Personally I dont think you can ever have enough safety measures put in place as long as you do it responsibly. By that I mean you think you need to purchase a hand gun to keep in the bedroom, then by all means do so. I don't think a large cache of assault rifles and 12gauge shotguns is going to help you though unless its North Korea trying to break in (at which point you would offer them mashed potatoes topped in bacon and they would cease all aggression). And if your home is ever robbed successfully then that large cache of guns will be headed right out on the street into other criminals hands if extra security measures are not taken (the fancy oak gun cabinet with tempered glass, satin lacquer, layered in felt will not successfully keep 3 guys who are sacking your place from taking the guns, let alone the bratty teenager who decided today was the day they wanted to play with dads guns).

This is coming from a guy who had a psychotic ex wife who had my home robbed at gun point. This was back in 2001. Ex wife sent one of her barely underage boyfriends to rob our home while I was at work, and my mom was there. Being a relatively safe neighborhood she never thought to look out the blinds before answering the side door, so she ended up with a gun stuck to her face (she never blindly answers the door anymore due to that). The guy only took game stuff and my ex didn't think to inform him that I managed one of the GamexChange stores, so he took the stuff in to sell to the closest GXC near him at which point they recognized my stuff, got his id info, cut him a check and called the cops who caught the guy at the bank nearby a hour later trying to cash it. Anyway, the point being is thankfully my mom wasn't hurt, but if we had a gun in the home at that time my mom wouldn't have been able to get to it anyway having one already pointed at her face, and I doubt everyone who owns a gun for protection takes it to answer the door every time someone knocks. The guy who robbed the house, where did he get his gun you ask? From his moms locked gun cabinet.

So I guess you could say it is definitely a double edged sword and not a answer to all problems. I am in full support of people buying the guns they want, but at the same time, they really need to be responsible with them and be prepaid for the outcome in case the guns they buy end up in the wrong hands, which may seem very unlikely but is always possible regardless. When it happens you wont see it coming. If you are really buying them for home defense, keep the thing under your bed or in the top dresser drawer and don't let the kids know. If you are buying shit cause you like to collect them, large safe preferably installed in the wall or floor, gun locks, etc, but don't try to fool me by saying you need assault rifles for home protection.

If you are bulking up with more then like 8 weapons because you are planning ahead for the next military invasion or Antichrist Armageddon 2049, store them in a safe in the underground bunker you should also already have. I can guarantee you wont be leading the New American Revolution from your dining room table by the gun cabinet holding your assault rifles, machine guns, and grenade launchers. More likely then not your house wont even be standing still at that point.

FiftyQuid

Back to the topic on hand...

In case of fire, everything in your house is insured (if you have insurance) up to a certain amount.  If you collection is in the house then it's covered.  I remember reading, or watching something about protecting your collections or rare items in your house.  They said the best way is to keep good records.  Record make, model and serial numbers and if possible create a video that captures everything, but here's the trick ... send it to your insurance company to keep on file.  The 'cloud' makes this even easier to do nowadays.  Videos, and important info can be uploaded so it isn't destroyed in a fire.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NecroPhile

I don't live in the magical land of Michigan, where there's zero chance of theft, fire, sewer/water line flooding, storm damage, etc., so I have renters insurance and liability coverage.  The covered amount is enough to replace everything and most of it's cataloged, but I should check with my agent to make sure I'm adequately covered (take some pics too).

P.S. - Guns are more for fun and for the coming zombie apocalypse.  They won't help in most instances.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 10:12 AMthat's why you lock your doors, isn't it?.
Locks don't stop criminals, they keep honest people honest.

My sympathies for whatever trauma you and your mom went through.

I'm a staunch 2nd-amendment supporter and shooting can be a fun hobby, but gun ownership is pretty retarded, especially for "protection". IF I don't get depressed and shoot myself and IF the neighbor kids don't find it and IF someone isn't accidentally injured during recreational activities and IF someone threatens me and IF I have time to grab my gun, there's still a million things I can say or do besides the nuclear option. Chances are I won't be home or the robber will be someone I know or pulling a gun will escalate the situation and get myself shot or said robber will beat me up and shoot me with my own gun. Also, I'm not really interested in killing someone over video games or whatever else I have in the living room.
Topic Adjourned.

MotherGunner

I'm gonna leave this right here.

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/14/2013, 12:56 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 10:12 AMthat's why you lock your doors, isn't it?.
Locks don't stop criminals, they keep honest people honest.
Personally I have 2 set of locks, one on the outside set of bars to get through before they can get to any regular door or window. Then they have to get through the regular door or window locks.  So yes, they don't keep criminals out, but if I'm home, they buy me time to get to a gun and call for help.

Quote from: guest on 06/14/2013, 12:56 PMI'm a staunch 2nd-amendment supporter and shooting can be a fun hobby, but gun ownership is pretty retarded, especially for "protection". IF I don't get depressed and shoot myself and IF the neighbor kids don't find it and IF someone isn't accidentally injured during recreational activities and IF someone threatens me and IF I have time to grab my gun, there's still a million things I can say or do besides the nuclear option. Chances are I won't be home or the robber will be someone I know or pulling a gun will escalate the situation and get myself shot or said robber will beat me up and shoot me with my own gun. Also, I'm not really interested in killing someone over video games or whatever else I have in the living room.
There alot of IF's in there and surely are valid points but sometimes it CAN be the only option to survive. The biggest thing in what you said that worrys me is the last sentence. Your basing it on the fact that the person breaking in your house is only there to steal your hard earned items and leave peacefully. As cracked out Billy Bob is bashing out your window, are you planning on asking him if he intends to kill your family?

VestCunt

Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/14/2013, 01:13 PMIMG
This is pathetic. Is that picture supposed to make some kind of emotional appeal? Is that guy supposed to scare me? And why not lump God in there, because all gun haters are godless atheists. As for prayer, if humans were meant to accomplish things by thinking about it, we wouldn't have bodies.

Believe it or not, not everyone is terrified of "the Other". Not everyone is terrified of death. Not everyone fears for their accumulated crap. Like I said, there are infinite options besides armed confrontation (or passively calling the cops and praying). If you're so scared that you want to shoot people, I'm sorry for your lack of creativity.
Topic Adjourned.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/14/2013, 01:59 PMIf you're so scared that you want to shoot people, I'm sorry for your lack of creativity.
Creativity works, at least on the Home Alone movies!

IMG

RoyVegas

NecroPhile

Quote from: VestCunt on 06/14/2013, 01:59 PMThis is pathetic.
No less pathetic than stating that anyone using a gun to protect themselves is blood thirsty, closeted serial killer.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

Geez...

No need to be an angry little Vest-coat.  I must've really struck a nerve there.   :-k  Mea Culpa.   Up to you if you want to keep crying about it though!  :wink:

IMG
-MG

PCEngineHell

This isn't a discussion worth flinging insults over. Its more of a matter of agreeing to disagree. Everyone has their own methods of feeling safe in the home. Right or wrong, to each their own.

MotherGunner

Agreed and apologies to Vestcunt if me being facetious wasn't well conveyed and/or received.  Just trying to make a subject that seems to get people too passionate about, funny.  No disrespect intended.  =)
-MG

esteban

BACK ON TOPIC: I just have everything in plastic tubs and old diaper bags and old baby bottle coolers. Really.

No insurance (I should, I suppose, but I have no desire to document everything) so I would be screwed if anything happened.

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2013, 12:23 AMBACK ON TOPIC: I just have everything in plastic tubs and old diaper bags and old baby bottle coolers. Really.

No insurance (I should, I suppose, but I have no desire to document everything) so I would be screwed if anything happened.
I've been looking for a good way to inventory my library before I move 1k miles away and eventually picked up this:

http://www.collectorz.com/game/

It's not really being developed any longer (they have since moved on to creating a social network sort of environment where everyone can show off their huge collection - for a monthly fee), but it's still very addictive.  And now I can print out sheets for each plastic bin with a list of contents or can load up this software and find out which game is in which bin.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2013, 01:01 AM
Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2013, 12:23 AMBACK ON TOPIC: I just have everything in plastic tubs and old diaper bags and old baby bottle coolers. Really.

I've been looking for a good way to inventory my library before I move 1k miles away and eventually picked up this:

It's not really being developed any longer (they have since moved on to creating a social network sort of environment where everyone can show off their huge collection - for a monthly fee), but it's still very addictive.  And now I can print out sheets for each plastic bin with a list of contents or can load up this software and find out which game is in which bin.
Interesting...now where is the robot who will do all the labor?   :pcgs:

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2013, 01:06 AMInteresting...now where is the robot who will do all the labor?   :pcgs:
Thankfully, MOST games are already in their database, so all you need to do is run a search for it and click add.  However, their NEC library is pretty much non-existent.  I had to manually enter almost all of my PC Engine games, though all of the Turbografx-16 games were accounted for.  And it's easy to add images and other data when you have to make a manual entry.  It's addicting, I tell you. :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2013, 01:13 AMHowever, their NEC library is pretty much non-existent.  I had to manually enter almost all of my PC Engine games,
lol, what would you have expected?

roflmao

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/15/2013, 01:18 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/15/2013, 01:13 AMHowever, their NEC library is pretty much non-existent.  I had to manually enter almost all of my PC Engine games,
lol, what would you have expected?
We love an obscure console.  Even though it's growing wildly in popularity worldwide, hardly anyone knows how awesome it is.

NINTENDO, SEGA, SONY, and MICROSOFT own the popularity contests.  Hands down. But just because they are popular doesn't mean they are more fun.

However, all of the aforementioned brands have great games in their library, so the love should not be exclusive. We had the privilege of living through a video game renaissance.  It was all good!

VestCunt

Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/14/2013, 06:57 PMAgreed and apologies to Vestcoat if me being facetious wasn't well conveyed and/or received.  Just trying to make a subject that seems to get people too passionate about, funny.  No disrespect intended.  =)
Thanks. Please accept my apologies as well.
Topic Adjourned.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2013, 01:01 AM

It's not really being developed any longer (they have since moved on to creating a social network sort of environment where everyone can show off their huge collection - for a monthly fee), but it's still very addictive.  And now I can print out sheets for each plastic bin with a list of contents or can load up this software and find out which game is in which bin.
I've been using this software for about a year now, and honestly I can't recommend it. It's just that I've spent hours upon hours cataloging everything that I'm past the point of no return. It's kind of a ripoff too - $30 for the software and the iPad app is like 20-30 bucks.

The built-in database pretty much omits 90% of JP releases for the systems, so they have to be keyed in manually.

It does spit out some nice reports though.

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 06/13/2013, 07:22 PMA friend lost some of her rare vinyl collection and renter's insurance was pretty good about covering it after she proved what was lost.

Keep a list and save receipts. Make a separate email folder for winning ebay emails and online receipts. Photos and videos probably don't hurt.
every insurance is different but mine is liek this.  As long as I can provide receipts, then they will accept the claim.  Reality is if a natural disaster happens, the least of my concerns are the video games in my office.  My Garage and whats in it are worth twice what my house is worth.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Arkhan Asylum

I'm sure Zeta has also played Counter Strike.   

I dunno which posts of yours I find more annoying.   The fake as shit "I still care about the Turbob Community" ones, or the IM A MOTHER FUCKIN GI JOE ones.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RoyVegas

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/19/2013, 12:02 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 08:51 AMEver been the  victim of a violent  crime  Zeta?  Ever had a gun to your head?  Ever been shot at?  Have you ever watched someone you love take several bullets and fight for their life just to breath another breath?   Of course you haven't,  if  you  had you would understand why some of us carry guns daily but one day it may happen, and if that day comes,  you'll  be a gun owner too.  Until then,  enjoy your bubble.
I'm sure Zeta has also played Counter Strike.  

I dunno which posts of yours I find more annoying.   The fake as shit "I still care about the Turbob Community" ones, or the IM A MOTHER FUCKIN GI JOE ones.
I've been through some shitty things in my life.  Stupid mistakes were made by my mother making it worse but it is what it is.  Life hasn't been all roses and hugs, bad things can and do happen.  If that makes me GI JOE then, Go Joe!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=892&dat=19860911&id=XEAcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=xlsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2583,1861587

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-09-08/local/me-12999_1_man-shot

Arkhan Asylum

Well, I suppose that warrants the desire to always carry a gun.  Just don't hand it to random people, I guess. 

Too bad after all the shitty things you've been through, you still turned out to be a back stabbing dick.  :)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RoyVegas

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/19/2013, 01:39 PMJust don't hand it to random people, I guess. 
I know, it's easy to second guess what happened based on a news article or 2 and no other knowledge of the situation.  It's more complicated than they make it look.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/19/2013, 01:39 PMToo bad after all the shitty things you've been through, you still turned out to be a back stabbing dick.  :)
:wink: 

tggodfrey

The ultimate protection is just chain your nagging wife to the room you keep your collection in......if someone can take that abuse......They can have it!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

VestCunt

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/19/2013, 01:31 PMhttp://articles.latimes.com/1986-09-08/local/me-12999_1_man-shot
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/14/2013, 08:51 AMSpoken like a good gun control puppet.  Some people live in a wonderful bubble where crime doesn't exist and violence solves nothing.  Reality shows differently.

Ever been the  victim of a violent  crime  Zeta?  Ever had [your] gun to your head?  Ever been shot at [with your own gun]?  Have you ever watched someone you love take several bullets [from their gun] and fight for their life just to breath another breath?   Of course you haven't,  if  you  had you would understand why some of us carry guns daily but one day it may happen, and if that day comes,  you'll  be a gun owner too.  Until then,  enjoy your bubble.
Fixed.
Topic Adjourned.

RoyVegas

Actually it isn't fixed. The gun to your head thing was a totally seperate incident back in high school, not the one in the articles. I wasn't shot at with my own gun, my mother was.  The rest is correct.  :wink: