Analogue NT/Super NT now with more Turrican 2

Started by Medic_wheat, 01/30/2015, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClodBusted

What does the asterisk regarding compatibility mean?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2017, 01:28 AMWhat does the asterisk regarding compatibility mean?
It means it was taking performance enhancing drugs.

ClodBusted

"Vertical position stretch" does come in handy when playing squished PAL games. On some of them like Super Metroid, the wrong aspect ratio is really obvious when comparing the size of the vertical and horizontal domed doors.

My old Grundig CRT TV had a hidden service menu where I could adjust the geometry on-the-fly for every source signal whenever I wanted, just as with a PC CRT monitor. My Samsung CRT had a rather bad menu that was only available at startup time and also only shew the preview on RF sources.

I've seen external circuits that are able to shift the geometry horizontally, but unfortunately I haven't seen one that also does stretch: https://playoffline.wordpress.com/cable/rgbshifter/

Nexus7

Just a couple of things. 

1. I've had my Super NT since launch and I have to say it more than lives up to the hype.  The implementation of the SNES via FPGA is highly accurate and all the extra features really make this my go to system for playing SNES games.  First Analogue system I bought. 

2. I speak to Kevtris a decent amount on a Discord chat and I can say with confidence he is a good guy who just wants to make neat toys for people in the retro community. He's one of the most humble guys I've ever talked to considering his talents. The amount of work he puts into these products is insane. He rarely gets free time to do other things now. I just hope people appreciate what he has contributed to the retro gaming community.