@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Nintendo Switch Thread (previously NX)

Started by Otaking, 07/03/2016, 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esadajr

Quote from: crazydean on 12/21/2016, 11:14 AM
Quote from: Desh on 12/21/2016, 10:09 AMI still don't understand why WiiU is $300 fucking dollars.  How is Nintendo even selling them right now?  Everyone knows the new console is coming in a few short months and PS4 and Xbones are selling for $250 (mine craft Xbone selling for $225).  WTF!?  I have been waiting for the WiiU's demise to get one on the cheap.
Well, they already stopped manufacturing it. So, I'm guessing they don't have much inventory left. Maybe a few stores will discount it when the Switch comes out if they still have any left.
Nothing makes sense in this age. I remember when Gamecubes hit the $99 price point. With Wiis you have to pay people to take them.

Nowadays, Nintendo has been really arrogant. The Pokemon Go success, the NES mini fiasco and the recent Mario Run success. They think they can do anything they want and still be profitable.
Gaming since 1985

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2016, 09:17 AMIt might be fine for you but is it fine for the big N? I guess we will see!
It would be pretty sad if they ended up like Sega...

TheClash603

Looks like Switch, removing the controllers, is the same size as the 3DS XL I keep in my pocket with ease.  Fuck you tight jean hipster types, I don't wanna see your man-mel toe!

With that said, the analog sticks are a concern, even if the controller is removed u could see them snapping in a pocket.  What they should do is sell both varieties, an analog stick or a disc like the current 3DS, as the former is better at home and the latter on the road.  I also hope the Wii U Pro Controller remains compatible with the Switch for home use, that's one of the best controllers ever made, especially when taking into consideration battery life.

Another good option would be to make a flip cover you can attach that is just a thin plastic screen on top of the Switch, so you could pocket it like a clamshell device while on the go.

All other things aside, this thing could have the same specs as a GBA and I'd buy it since portable Splatoon is coming.

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

jtucci31

Dicer

Dicer

So, thoughts...

$299, what I expected gotta love the idiots that are all $249 OMG DAY ONE, $299 FUCK THAT NEVER BUYING THIS SHIT EVER, Hyperbolic fucks lol. Paying for online was expected, people want a moden online infrastructure, well they got it.

Zelda at launch, amazing, best trailer for a game in a long ass time.
Mario, looks balls out amazing, of course it's a holiday title :/
Spaltoon2, glad it's not called something dumb like Splat200n or some other dumb thing, looks crsip and 60 fps
ARMS, looks nifty really dig the artstyle
1,2 switch looks like the casual market will eat that up insta party fodder.
Skyrim, nice to see the support, people will eat it up to take it on the go.
Fifa, it's soccer but nice to see EA back
Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule was great so this should be as well
Xenoblade 2, the dude had wierd ass pants, but loving the artstyle.
No More Heroes 3?!!?! Suda is awesome in my book, so love what ever he does.
They showed a bunch of other stuff that looks neat, will wait to see more. Oh and Lego city undercover was amazing on Wii U so I will double dip so a new port.

Missing was the Mario/Rabbids RPG, BG&E2 so I assume Ubi will have thier own thing soon.

BigusSchmuck

You forgot Dragon Quest X and XI and heroes. They better bring those over damnit. We need more Dragon Quest games!

Gredler

SUPER BOMBERMAN R.... WTF

New bomberman, online multiplayer? Killer app? WTF

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/software/switch/aab8a/index.html

Quote from: Dicer on 01/13/2017, 12:19 AMMario, looks balls out amazing, of course it's a holiday title :/
I disagree. I thought it looked much rougher than 3D World grapically, and the real world metro environment reeked of Sonic Adventure. I'd go as far to say as the Mario game soured me from then on. With all their creative history to see grand theft mario sickened me.

Quote from: Dicer on 01/13/2017, 12:19 AMXenoblade 2, the dude had wierd ass pants, but loving the artstyle.
Xenoblade X sold me on wii u, and this might be a seller for me despite not showing much. Their track record is great, and though very anime cliche in character design it's a step up from their last game. The first had great character designs, X looked as generic and poorly executed characters as you can get, so this is at least a step up from X but so far fails to reach the first game in my opinion.

None of the games on the system appeal to me right now besides a new bomberman (!?!?!?!) and the idea of the next Xenoblade, so color me dehyped. I hope I can play that new Zelda on my Wii U.

Dicer

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/13/2017, 12:22 AMYou forgot Dragon Quest X and XI and heroes. They better bring those over damnit. We need more Dragon Quest games!
I forgot a few things, but according to the internet there is nothing coming out, the thought process of people outside of here really rattles my cage.

I'm stoked, but it's late...I liked what i saw.

Mathius

Pretty exciting. I see a 1:1 sales ratio with Zelda echoing Mario 64's launch with the N64.

The casual games looked silly.

I feel kinda upset that there isn't a proper D-pad on the Joy Con. Glad there's one on the Pro controller.

Here's hoping that Xenoblade 2 isn't as complicated as the last game in the series on Wii U. That one made my head spin.

Dicer

North American Nintendo Switch Lineup #1
From the official Switch site like the Japanese one earlier:
- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

Gredler

Quote from: Dicer on 01/13/2017, 12:53 AM
North American Nintendo Switch Lineup #1
From the official Switch site like the Japanese one earlier:
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Super Bomberman R
- I Am Setsuna
I am such a fucking sucker. Preorders went up at best buy and I grabbed one :/

Will be getting the above games at launch at least

TR0N

I wasn't expecting a sequel to xenoblade chronicles  :shock:
Will i buy one at launch i doubt it but i'm interested in the console.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Used my associate's discount and preordered at Walmart.com. Though it didn't give me a choice on which color scheme for the Joy Con.

Bloufo

Great presentation.

I'll get Zelda... on WiiU.

Mathius

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/13/2017, 01:43 AMGreat presentation.

I'll get Zelda... on WiiU.
I'll be interested to see a comparison vid.

Gredler

Can anyone say what or who Masatsugu Saito is in, credited in that trailer as character designer? Google is filling my browser with Wonder Momo and NSFW stuff, booobs in next xenoblade?!

TheClash603

I had to preorder.  I actually got 2, one grey and the neon, from Best Buy.  The prices of the accessories are outlandish, so it made sense to get two systems so I can have a dock in my bedroom and living room, plus get the extra controller which costs too much on its own.

Mario looks awesome, holiday is too far away.  3D Mario games are my gaming bliss.

Splatoon was my favorite new IP so far this gen, so part 2 will be instant buy for me as well.

Launch lineup is pretty weak actually, if you take away Zelda there isn't much there...  EXCEPT BOMBERMAN!  Now I have my second game.  Will get a pro controller and have 4 joy cons, multiplayer is gonna be sweet.

Gredler

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/13/2017, 02:08 AMI had to preorder.  I actually got 2, one grey and the neon, from Best Buy.  The prices of the accessories are outlandish, so it made sense to get two systems so I can have a dock in my bedroom and living room, plus get the extra controller which costs too much on its own.
Actually a bad ass idea if this thing is like wildfire and I end up sinking a lot of itme in it, at the costs of thejoy cons it makes sense to buy multiple systems before buying additional controllers and docks. Nice.

I got the pink/blue one to appease my fiance when we're supposed to be in "dont spend a dollar" mode :P "But look at those cute controllers!"

Bloufo

The question is is it going to be enough to entice the non Nintendo faithful?

It's guaranteed 15 million odd sales just off the core user base but that's not enough. It needs to get the rest of the market to buy as well. For me from what I saw, not any time soon.

Gredler

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/13/2017, 02:44 AMThe question is is it going to be enough to entice the non Nintendo faithful?

It's guaranteed 15 million odd sales just off the core user base but that's not enough. It needs to get the rest of the market to buy as well. For me from what I saw, not any time soon.
Agreed

Arkhan Asylum

I preordered it.

and the zelda thing.

and I also didn't bother watching most of the thing because I don't care.

Not that I needed to.   I could just watch my FB feed to watch everyone flailing like fucking dumbshits for the entire thing.

OMGGGG REGION FREE OMFG ZELDA OMFGGGG CONTROLLRS OMFGZELDAPREORDERS OMFG A THING WITH STUFF AND OMFG WHAT LOL OMFG

It can't be any worse than an Ouya.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

Quote from: Gredler on 01/13/2017, 02:53 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 01/13/2017, 02:44 AMThe question is is it going to be enough to entice the non Nintendo faithful?

Agreed
Agreed too.

The closer we get to launch, the more concerned I am this won't be a hit.  Price is too high to appeal to the Gameboy buying parents or to the casuals that bought Wii for Sports.

The new iteration of Wii Sports in spirit is 1 2 Switch, Nintendo really seems to think they have something with it based on the time devoted to it during the conference...  problem is it is no Wii Sports and not a single person is hyped to buy a Switch for that game.

Also, Zelda is a game that gamers love, but isn't mainstream like a 2D Mario or a NEW Mario Kart.  I don't see anything to entice the masses.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/13/2017, 08:34 AMAgreed too.

The closer we get to launch, the more concerned I am this won't be a hit.  Price is too high to appeal to the Gameboy buying parents or to the casuals that bought Wii for Sports.

The new iteration of Wii Sports in spirit is 1 2 Switch, Nintendo really seems to think they have something with it based on the time devoted to it during the conference...  problem is it is no Wii Sports and not a single person is hyped to buy a Switch for that game.

Also, Zelda is a game that gamers love, but isn't mainstream like a 2D Mario or a NEW Mario Kart.  I don't see anything to entice the masses.
I suspect supplies "for the masses" probably won't be available for a while after the system has been out anyway.
--DragonmasterDan

Otaking

Pre ordered the Switch console and a copy of the Switch version of Zelda BOTW.
This console is not for me, like the Wii, Wii-U, DS, 3DS etc. this is for my kids and wife to play, there's no way I would of bought one just for me to play, in fact it just wouldn't interest me, not interested in playing consoles, I'm PC and a bit of iPad.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

JoshTurboTrollX

Preordered the Switch at Best Buy.  Looking forward to March 3rd!  Might need to make a vacation day request today.  haha

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2017, 04:43 AMIt can't be any worse than an Ouya.
It absolutely can! The Ouya was great for those that went in with realistic expectations.  A cool android device fully hackable with over 1,000 games in it's lifetime. All for $100!!

If the Switch is better, then I'll be fully happy!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/13/2017, 10:52 AMIt absolutely can! The Ouya was great for those that went in with realistic expectations.  A cool android device fully hackable with over 1,000 games in it's lifetime. All for $100!!
The Ouya as a business model and platform wasn't so great. As an emulator/multimedia box with its extensive controller support, the ability to out of the box load emulators, etc made it an extremely useful gadget even if people playing emulators and using it as a media box wasn't its intended purpose.
--DragonmasterDan

jlued686

I'm watching them play Bomberman on the Treehouse Live thing right now. Looks really great.

technozombie

I think that $200 is what it should cost based on the hardware, but I expected $250 because Nintendo Tax. $300 is too much for me.

ToyMachine78

IMG

What is a Nintendo Switch?

A miserable little pile of gimmicks!

Bloufo

Arkhan Asylum

OMG SHIT TIER LAUNCH FUCKING PLEB NINTENDO CUM FUCKING PLEBS.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

geise

I like the idea of the system but I am honestly not all that impressed.  I hope it does well.  This one will be a wait for me.  Zelda does look really nice, but I still have yet to ever finish a Zelda game.  Bomberman has my interest though.  Thanks Konami.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/13/2017, 12:55 PM/51sje1.jpg
This generation looks to be even more not for me than the last one, which I skipped.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2017, 01:44 PMThis generation looks to be even more not for me than the last one, which I skipped.
Zelda, Mario Kart, Disgaea 5, Bomberman and HD Street Fighter II doesn't do it for you?

I think it looks like a good launch and fun times!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2017, 01:44 PMThis generation looks to be even more not for me than the last one, which I skipped.
That's understandable, and I more and more lean away from the current popular gameplay styles - screw online multiplayer especially.

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/13/2017, 02:16 PMZelda, Mario Kart, Disgaea 5, Bomberman and HD Street Fighter II doesn't do it for you?

Zelda and Bomberman are the only two at launch, Street Fighter is TBD 2017 (could easily get pushed) and same with Disgaea 5 (spring 2017, could get pushed to summer fall winter)

To be honest, I just want this to grind on RPGs on handheld and then play big moments on the big screen. The JRPG machine - I hope it gets support :) '

Shmuctaku did a article on the bomberman. Def my most anticipated game on the platform after Xenoblade and the Square RPG Project.

http://kotaku.com/whos-excited-about-the-return-of-bomberman-1791166181

In addition to multiplayer battles, there is going to include a traditional 50-stage co-op Story Mode for one or two players - whew.

bartre

I didn't really care about the switch before the presentation.

I still don't.
paid online? nah; Nintendo already can't do it, so why would I give them money to do it?
still only 32GB of storage? if there's going to be any kind of patching/updating/digital distribution that's gonna need to change.
yes they said it will support SD cards, but I believe they put a hard cap on it (128GB?)

as far as the games go - I'm with Tiger. Nothing particularly interesting there.
Zelda - It's zelda, and that hasn't meant much of late.
Bomberman - I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic. Konami has been known to push out turds before.
Mario Kart - Literally only good when drunk.
Disgaea - ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Street Fighter II - yeah, It's street fighter II. how many times have I bought that game already?
Sonic Mania - I'm actually excited for this one, but I don't think I can count it cuz it's not exclusive.
Xenoblade 2 - If it's anything like the others, it'll be overwrought and wayyyyyyy too long for my taste
Mario - It's in the box with zelda. probably not bad, but hardly something that's gonna make me buy a system on launch day.

Mathius

I had to sell my PS4 and upgrade to the Pro when FFXV came in and hogged the rest of my 500GB. Even my new 1 TB machine is already half full so unless Nintendo has a different way of doing things that 32 GB is laughably small. It's almost insulting.

Otaking

Two new pictures related to discussion earlier in the thread on size of the Switch console and whether it'll fit in your pocket.

IMG
IMG

Mathius

^^So much that can go wrong there.

Edit: Nintendo Life gets Hands-On with Switch

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/hands_on_putting_the_nintendo_switch_hardware_through_its_paces

Otaking

After I pre ordered the Switch earlier to give to my kids I'm now thinking of selling their Wii U and games (giving them the money once sold), simply only as I don't want another console under my TV, too much clutter.

No idea of the current value of a Wii U console and games. I vaguely remember reading Nintendo Age types saying the Switch won't effect the Wii U value, as Nintendo didn't drop the price or over manufacture the Wii U towards the end, plus the Switch is not backwards compatible so the Wii U still has a load of exclusive games. In fact as I'm typing this I'm having second thoughts.

Otaking

LostFlunky

i hemmed and hawed all day about pre-ordering this thing and now I find all the CDN retailers are sold out of pre-orders.. I guess the flippers win this round...

Gredler

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 01/13/2017, 08:18 PMi hemmed and hawed all day about pre-ordering this thing and now I find all the CDN retailers are sold out of pre-orders.. I guess the flippers win this round...
I hate to say it but also people like me who don't really care to have one but grabbed a pre-order in case I change my mind and then cannot find one for a few months before/after release. I might cancel, but I wanted to grab it while it was up

Otaking

Quote from: Gredler on 01/13/2017, 09:09 PM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 01/13/2017, 08:18 PMi hemmed and hawed all day about pre-ordering this thing and now I find all the CDN retailers are sold out of pre-orders.. I guess the flippers win this round...
I hate to say it but also people like me who don't really care to have one but grabbed a pre-order in case I change my mind and then cannot find one for a few months before/after release. I might cancel, but I wanted to grab it while it was up
I went for the Switch pre order remembering what happened with the Wii and that Nintendo are dicks.
I remember here in the UK when the Wii was released unless you were super lucky you couldn't get one for at least a year and half after release, they were constantly sold out everywhere.
I only eventually got one as I worked in a big electronics store and i saw them come into the warehouse and grabbed one, the rest never made it to the store shelves as all the staff there bought them first.

CrackTiger

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/13/2017, 02:16 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 01/13/2017, 01:44 PMThis generation looks to be even more not for me than the last one, which I skipped.
Zelda, Mario Kart, Disgaea 5, Bomberman and HD Street Fighter II doesn't do it for you?

That's a list of sequels and the only legitimately numbered title is a high number, yet is by far the series with fewest sequels.

I haven't enjoyed a Zelda game since Awakening, but still need to make a proper attempt at the Oracles games. 3D Zelda's will never interest me, even though I've tried hard to make it through a few of them.

Mario Kart is a neat novelty, but I don't think that a 32nd version of the game will finally win me over.

If I ever have time to get into Disgaea, there are already more than four games I can play first.

That Bomberman has a gross and intentionally anti-Bomberman art style and is in 3D. I'd rather play the good <32-bit Bomberman games. I'd love for a good new 2D Bomberman though.

That SFII game looks a repackaging of that HD game for Xbox 360 which was done wrong. The trailer looks like they didn't redo the broken sprites.

Good sequels could be done for many series, but the way most modern games are made to cater to the lowest common denominator, don't appeal to me. I'm the biggest Ys fan there is, but the only games which I've enjoyed Dawn of Ys are the Eternal/Complete games.

I'd rather play <32-bit games that I haven't gotten around to yet or replay the hundreds of games I love.

Ironically, I'd still like to get an Xbox One with the Gears Of War and Halo remakes, but haven't bothered yet because one of the real life people my friends and I used to play with is no longer available.

I get much more excited about new flashcarts and video mods nowadays.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2017, 09:29 PMThat Bomberman has a gross and intentionally anti-Bomberman art style and is in 3D. I'd rather play the good <32-bit Bomberman games. I'd love for a good new 2D Bomberman though.
I've got to agree, it looks like hot garbage aside from some passable shaders. The UI design and general presentation is a hack job, I am just hopeful the shiny new release will trick some modern gamer friends of mine to try the original (good) ones.

PukeSter

Cautiously optimistic. Nintendo is making some mistakes but damn the games at least look fun. Definitely excited Zelda is a launch title, and Mario Odyssey looks pretty incredible.

Pre-ordered a Switch with Zelda and Bomberman. The price is a big much but good thing I had loads of credit on my gamestop card ;)

Might get Skylanders as well. I've never played one but apparently Imaginators is the best one yet, and co-op with Bowser, Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot is too fun to pass up

Psycho Punch

Where's the Pre-Order page for the Mario Bros. Anthology Remastered for the PS4 on amazon?

edit: oh and by the way my signature pic illustrates Nintendo and the artificial scarcity in stores that is likely to happen:

IMG
^^your average nintendo exec discussing Switch distribution. Good luck buying one.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp