Imperial Force scans (unreleased)...

Started by akamichi, 10/29/2016, 05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akamichi

Hi all,

Here are the other scans I mentioned.  This time it's from Imperial Force...  made by the same company who brought us PC Cocoron.  Unfortunately, they didn't release any of their games on PCE.  That sucks.

Imperial Force was a Space Fantasy based RTS.  There were 6 races you could choose from and supposedly the entire game operated in real time except when choosing commands.  The article explains about how you could explore unknown parts of the maps and run into random events (good and bad).

It looks like this game was 100% complete and even had a solid release date (3/25/1994).  It's sad that it never came out. 

IMG

IMG

Enjoy!

- akamichi

Edit:  Fixed broken links.  Thanks again to SuperPlay for mirroring and letting me know about the broken links!

Dicer

Maybe it'll surface one day, and not be scooped up by some lame ass collector.

We can only hope.

esteban

Thank you for this!

It looks like it might have been a solid game...inspired a bit by Star Control? Maybe? (The exploration aspect). The battle system seems to be pretty standard, though.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shubibiman

Thanks for sharing this. This game looked promising (and was supposed to be compatible with the PCE Mouse).
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

megatron-uk

Looks like it could have been an interesting one.

Along the same lines, has anyone had much luck playing either of the Super Swarzschild games or translating the menu structures? They look like really well done space strategy games.

esteban

Quote from: megatron-uk on 10/30/2016, 05:49 PMLooks like it could have been an interesting one.

Along the same lines, has anyone had much luck playing either of the Super Swarzschild games or translating the menu structures? They look like really well done space strategy games.
Yes, they both look like nice games... I wasn't able to get too far in either one... but I am slow.

:)

NecroPhile

Thanks for sharing.

'Tis always unfortunate to see a complete game getting binned, especially when it has some cool looking art like this one.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperPlay

The images from akamichi's original post has disappeared, so I have re-upped these (I saved a local copy)

IMG

IMG

esteban

RNSpeed

Quote from: SuperPlay on 05/19/2017, 08:48 AMThe images from akamichi's original post has disappeared, so I have re-upped these (I saved a local copy)
IMG

IMG
Neat! thanks for posting the scans again