Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

Hi! :)

Started by Artabasdos, 03/20/2017, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artabasdos

I've been interested in the PC Engine for years, and now I've finally taken the plunge and ordered one! Currently it's just only the console, but I intend to build around that.

Anyway, hi! D:

esteban

Welcome, comrade.  :)

The PCE itself has tons of fantastic HuCARD games, so don't worry.

You can have a lot of fun with Hueys and check out the CD games later.

Don't listen to the other folks...they are impatient bastards. Seriously. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Artabasdos

Quote from: esteban on 03/20/2017, 11:09 PMWelcome, comrade.  :)

Haha, yeah. I'm sticking to HuCARDs to start with. Can't decide whether to get a bog standard 2 button controller, or jump in and get a 6 button!

esteban

Quote from: Artabasdos on 03/20/2017, 11:15 PM

Haha, yeah. I'm sticking to HuCARDs to start with. Can't decide whether to get a bog standard 2 button controller to start with, or jump in and get a 6 button!
Well, there's no harm in having both.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Artabasdos

Quote from: esteban on 03/20/2017, 11:19 PM

Haha, yeah. I'm sticking to HuCARDs to start with. Can't decide whether to get a bog standard 2 button controller to start with, or jump in and get a 6 button!

I'm on a budget until I get my payrise! D:

Artabasdos

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2017, 11:22 PM
Quote from: esteban on 03/20/2017, 11:19 PM

I disagree. Only one controller port... Get the pachinko controller!
Lol. Is that actually a thing?

Artabasdos

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2017, 11:40 PMHeck yeah, buddy. I only use mine for Street Fighter 2 though.

./pachinko.jpg
Oh god! XD

Digi.k

heya and welcome

You might want to look into getting a turbo everdrive.  Its a little pricey and could be fiddly to set up but it will open up worlds and prices for a lot of these games won't be cheap anymore....

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

+1 on getting an everdrive to test out games and to play homebrew games and translation patches.  As for the controller, I'd go with a normal two-buttoner unless you're really into Street Fighter II and Strip Fighter II (the only hueys that support six buttons); even with cds, there's not that many games that use six buttons.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Artabasdos

Hi,
Thanks, but the Everdrive doesn't appeal to me. I LOVE owning the real things!

And yeah, I think I may grab a 2 button for now. If anyone here has a PC Engine controller for sale, please let me know!

Warbucks

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

Artabasdos

majors

Quote from: Artabasdos on 03/21/2017, 04:24 PMThanks, but the Everdrive doesn't appeal to me. I LOVE owning the real things!
Well...a TED is physical and tangible...it even cost real money. Let's see how you feel about flash drives after you start hunting down games :)

I'd say 95% of the Everdrive owners here also have a large library of real games. It's worth it for the 2-3 uber $ games like MC and Coryoon. Each individual does have different needs, such as me, the TED is convenient when going to conventions since I do not have to lug all my Hu's plus if stolen, it's replaceable much easier.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Artabasdos

Quote from: majors on 03/27/2017, 09:18 AM
Quote from: Artabasdos on 03/21/2017, 04:24 PMThanks, but the Everdrive doesn't appeal to me. I LOVE owning the real things!
Well...a TED is physical and tangible...it even cost real money. Let's see how you feel about flash drives after you start hunting down games :)

I'd say 95% of the Everdrive owners here also have a large library of real games. It's worth it for the 2-3 uber $ games like MC and Coryoon. Each individual does have different needs, such as me, the TED is convenient when going to conventions since I do not have to lug all my Hu's plus if stolen, it's replaceable much easier.
I can understand the pragmatic appeal of an Everdrive. I still prefer physical carts, and I'm in no hurry. I can hold on and find good deals. Japanese sellers are also usually way cheaper than the Western scumbags and their fucking ridiculous OTT prices.

NecroPhile

It's worth it even if you only use it for translation patches and home brew games.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Artabasdos

Quote from: guest on 03/27/2017, 10:22 AMIt's worth it even if you only use it for translation patches and home brew games.
Fully agree there, but I'm learning Japanese. So exposing myself to the language at every opportunity helps a lot. I don't really care about homebrew.

elmer