OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Erp! Forgot to mention I've also been playing Magicoal a fair amount!  Thanks again, Necro!

SuperPlay

Having a quick blast on Galaga and going to have a look at Sherlock Holmes later on

Lilgrafx

Dead Moon complete! ( With level select code  :oops: )

I'd beaten all the levels just didn't want to play through them all again.

Mishran

MotherGunner

Playing Legendary Axe II.  This game has fantastic music and controls.  If you don't have it, get it today!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/08/2012, 09:17 PMPlaying Legendary Axe II.  This game has fantastic music and controls.  If you don't have it, get it today!
Absolutely one of the best soundtracks of ANY video game of all time, IMHO.

Yes, I know that is a lavish, bold, ridiculous claim, but I stand by it.

And I'm including all soundtracks, not simply chiptune-based ones, in that pool of contestants.

Quote from: Mishran on 01/08/2012, 08:58 PMBravoman! It's... different.
Bravoman has never been able to hold my interest. In the mid-to-late 90's, I can't believe I bought Bravoman instead of, say, the HuCards that have become very valuable. I bought Deep Blue and Shockman and Bravoman and Air Zonk instead of Magical Chase and Bonk 3 and Dynastic Hero.

Anyway, I'm going to have to give Bravoman a second (or is it nineteenth?) chance. Every few years I want to like the game. Maybe I'll be able to find some enjoyment in it this winter as I lick bitter tears from my lips.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Lilgrafx

Been playing Tiger Road with the save feature on the Duo, Does anyone know how many stages there are?

HercTNT

Its not a bold claim, its a fact :) legendary axe is top notch all the way through!!

Mishran

Quote from: esteban on 01/09/2012, 03:10 PMBravoman has never been able to hold my interest. In the mid-to-late 90's, I can't believe I bought Bravoman instead of, say, the HuCards that have become very valuable. I bought Deep Blue and Shockman and Bravoman and Air Zonk instead of Magical Chase and Bonk 3 and Dynastic Hero.

Anyway, I'm going to have to give Bravoman a second (or is it nineteenth?) chance. Every few years I want to like the game. Maybe I'll be able to find some enjoyment in it this winter as I lick bitter tears from my lips.
I actually have had a hard time liking the game in the past, but after forcing myself to play through it recently, well mostly through it, I've come to accept it. Been having dificulty holding my concentration with games here lately, too much bullshit in my life at the moment. Decided to put it away for now and try to work my way through Dragon's Curse. Currently unlocked the tiger form, but wandering aimlessly looking for the next area. Thank goodness for its open ended gameplay and no time limit.

JapanTokei

I thought Bravoman just sucked.. seriously.  and NEC couldn't have came up with a worse name in the PCE version... called veigues gladiator or something... man.  at least they tried to correct that in the TG-16 version by changign the name.

Quote from: Mishran on 01/09/2012, 10:36 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/09/2012, 03:10 PMBravoman has never been able to hold my interest. In the mid-to-late 90's, I can't believe I bought Bravoman instead of, say, the HuCards that have become very valuable. I bought Deep Blue and Shockman and Bravoman and Air Zonk instead of Magical Chase and Bonk 3 and Dynastic Hero.

I actually have had a hard time liking the game in the past, but after forcing myself to play through it recently, well mostly through it, I've come to accept it. Been having dificulty holding my concentration with games here lately, too much bullshit in my life at the moment. Decided to put it away for now and try to work my way through Dragon's Curse. Currently unlocked the tiger form, but wandering aimlessly looking for the next area. Thank goodness for its open ended gameplay and no time limit.

hoobs88

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 01/09/2012, 10:01 PMBeen playing Tiger Road with the save feature on the Duo, Does anyone know how many stages there are?
There are 5 stages.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

geise

I actually sat down when I got home from work to play a bit.  Rocked out some Keith Courage!  My playing showed how long it's been since I popped that game into my Duo.

roflmao

Yesterday I received a Duo from Bernie (thanks again!) so I *had* to put it through some serious testing. :mrgreen:  I'll try to post pics of it later today in the "What did you buy" thread.

So I played some:
Sapphire, Spriggan, Star Parodier, Super Star Soldier, Space Harrier, Soldier Blade (lots of games that start with "S"!) and Alien Crush.

This morning I played Air Zonk.  I made it to the final boss (I think - looks like a robot King Drool, after the gangster looking Drool and his 2 cronies).  But he bested me and I had to get to work.  Awesome game.

HercTNT

I finally beat dynastic hero. excellent, but somewhat easy game. hardest part was the dissappearing platforms in the dark castle.

SuperPlay

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 01/08/2012, 01:58 PMDead Moon complete! ( With level select code  :oops: )

I'd beaten all the levels just didn't want to play through them all again.
Nearly there with said code myself ;-) LOL

thesteve

dead moon is a short enough game even without any codes

SuperPlay

Mishran

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/11/2012, 04:03 AMbut I am bad at shooters ;-) LOL
I'm with you on that one. Love shooters, but damn do I suck at them.

Back on topic... Finished Dragon's Curse last night. Yay.

grahf

The secret to shooter success is to just give it a 1CC play every time you sit down to play games. After you die, move on to something else.

On topic:

I'm working my way through Anearth Fantasy Stories, and just put a few hours into Gulliver Boy. I'm also playing a bit of Dracula X, and Super Star Soldier.

munchiaz

played some super star soldier last night. Got to stage 4. Also started playing dragons curse as well

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/11/2012, 01:43 PMplayed some super star soldier last night. Got to stage 4. Also started playing dragons curse as well
at the same time?  shit, you guys are good.

I cracked open a new gradius last night.  Ahh, such a sweet sight!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

HercTNT

completely agree with gradius, great game. Love dragons curse and star soldier to. next game i'm finishing though is startling odessey 2. then y's 4

Mishran

Neutopia 2. Definite step up from the first one, which is still a great game too! Played a little Bonk 3 huey this morning too.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: thesteve on 01/10/2012, 10:40 PMdead moon is a short enough game even without any codes
I agree with you its short enough without a pass code but it nice when your pressed for time to just pop in a code.

DesmondThe3rd

I been playing some Bonk 3 CD and Shadow of the Beast for future reviews. So far I really like Shadow of the Beast and it plays a lot better then the Genesis version. Bonk 3 on the other hand barely plays any differently from the card version other then the versus modes.

Lilgrafx

Beat tiger road by cheesing the hell out of the final boss

SuperPlay

Started to play Prince of Persia a short while ago and managed to get to the end of level 2 so far.

Also had a quick blast at Deadmoon again, I still cannot really advance any further than a few weeks ago. LOL

Lilgrafx

Played Exile today and got to the Island with the vampire bird, this game is sweet

MotherGunner

Playing Dead Moon and Batman for PCE on my TG.  (Modded by Beamer!)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

chany60126

Been playing Beyond Shadowgate. It took me quite a few hours, but I finally figured out how to cross the lava river early on in the game. The game has some fantastic scenery and sounds.:)

thesteve

esteban

Lilgrafx

Playing through Exile I'm in Japan right now freeing a bro from jail, this games sweet!

thesteve

bartre

Still playing Ys book 2, but I keep getting side tracked by Override.
great shootie, but it's got the whole avalanche thing when you die.

Terminarcade

Just finished mastering Gekibo/Gekisha boy  :D. Dunno what Im gonna play next.

BigusSchmuck

Heh, started up Cadash after I got a CIB for $20 through amazon. ^^

munchiaz

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/21/2012, 05:55 PM^ good deal man. awesome game
And finished it with the ninja. I dunno why people say this game is hard, once you finish the first level its a cakewalk.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/21/2012, 06:32 PM
And finished it with the ninja. I dunno why people say this game is hard, once you finish the first level its a cakewalk.
Yeah It really easy with the priest because you can heal yourself.

Lilgrafx

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/21/2012, 06:32 PM
IIRC, the ninja makes certain sequences in the game pretty easy :)

SuperPlay

Just finished off Prince Of Persia :-) May take a look at New Adventure Island next

Quite happy at this as I never beat it back in the day when I had the DOS version.

/princegd.jpg

"Thank you to Finish"

IMG

Mishran

Just finished Neutopia 2. Very, very, good game. I thought I picked up all the available items throughout the game, but I have an empty spot between the boomerang and the bell. Can anyone tell me what I might have missed? Not a big deal, as I could easily go back to the spot where it can be obtained, but don't think I'll bother.

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 01/23/2012, 12:38 PMJust finished Neutopia 2. Very, very, good game. I thought I picked up all the available items throughout the game, but I have an empty spot between the boomerang and the bell. Can anyone tell me what I might have missed? Not a big deal, as I could easily go back to the spot where it can be obtained, but don't think I'll bother.
It was an Ocarina of Quinoa (North of Gaul in the Old Hermit's Cave).  :)

roflmao

I recently played through Crest of Wolf (Riot Zone).  By myself.  Because there's no 2-player option.  Which makes me sad.

A also tried to 1cc Final Soldier and made it to the final boss, but ran out of lives. :(  I think I made it to the final level without losing a life, but the difficulty really ramps up on that level!

Also played some Cotton (I don't know how you guys are able to make it through 2 plays of this game - I can't make it through 1) and some Monster Lair.

Dyna138

Been playing through a few Turbo games lately.

Finished Psychosis which I think is a very average shooter. The premise is interesting, but the game never seems to be anything but mediocre. The weapons are boring, the enemies are uninteresting and besides some parallax scrolling the graphics are uninspired. It's also very difficult to recover after losing a life due to a lack of power-ups and very slow moving ship.

Also finished Fantasy Zone. Never played past the first 3 stages in this game before shutting it off before, but I gave the game a chance and played through the rest of the game. I like the colorful worlds and boss designs, but the game is a little on the simple side, not to mention short. Still its kind of fun to pick up and play.

Quote from: guest on 01/23/2012, 05:51 PMA also tried to 1cc Final Soldier and made it to the final boss, but ran out of lives. :(  I think I made it to the final level without losing a life, but the difficulty really ramps up on that level!
Yeah, I think the game is easy, but the last boss can be a challenge especially if you lose your weapons. The E weapon seems to work best if you can keep it at full power for your last confrontation with the boss.

Bernie

Been messing with Bomberman 93 lately, and thinking about starting a new game of Beyond Shadowgate again.  God I love that game!!

jayamine

Fiddling with Legend of Heroes II and Dungeon Master: TQ while I wait for Mysterious Song R. After those three, I won't have any unfinished Duo games to play anymore :-(
The sequel to Splatter House should be called Circle Jerk.

SuperPlay

Not so much playing as failing tonight with New Adventure Island.  Been playing for an hour and not past stage 1-2 LOL I just cannot get used to the controls, having run and fire on the same button.

When I want to Jump I fire, when I want to fire I jump and ask for run ;0)

Must be tired, as when I had a quick blast on this a week or so ago I did not have this problem!