What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mishran

Played some It Came From the Desert until the games for some reason froze on me on day 3. Followed up with a play through of Final Zone 2. Game is very easy once you learn the layout of the levels and enemy placement.

geise

I liked Final Zone 2 when I first bought it way back when.  I still play it evey now and then.  The first game is better, but I always have liked FZ2.  Haha, cinemas and all. :D

As for currently playing, I have been doing more pc-e with Kiaiden 00.

jperryss

Finished Neutopia II today.

It was nice to see that they fixed the awful hit detection from the first game, but sucks that they ruined the fire staff (and the other two).

Mishran

Played through Last Alert this morning. Followed that up with a few levels of Buster Bros. BB is one of the must have games for the Turbo/PCE in my opinion. Fun game that has aged like fine wine. :)

geise

You know, I like BB better on the turbo/pce than the BB Collection on PSX.  Alot of it has to do with the CD music and the little images after every level.  It plays really well and is just all around fun.  Plus the fact is on the turbo makes it even more enjoyable.

Mishran

I played Super Buster Bros. on the SNES back in the day and even it doesn't have a leg to stand on compared to the Turbo/PCE version. Then again, perhaps I'm just being biased. :-k

khog143

bartre

Gate of thunder as always, but i've also been playing some addams family and kunio's cross country race thing.
can't quite figure it out, i get that different characters have different stats, but i dunno...

MottZilla

Quote from: esadajr on 07/26/2012, 10:35 PMDracula X, Batman.
I've been playing Batman too. It's fun but definitely doesn't seem like any other Batman game. Dracula X is definitely one I need to revisit soon. And I know I will.

T2KFreeker

I HAVE DECIDED THAT BRAVOMAN WAS PROGRAMMED BY A SCHIZOPHRENIC SADIST!
END OF LINE.

Mishran

Gave Valis 2 my first real attempt at a play through. Did pretty good until Act4 which is kicking my ass. Too many cheap shots from enemies makes this a fairly tough game. Thank goodness for the save feature. How is Valis 3 in comparison? I have yet to give it my full attention.

PikachuWarrior

Valis III is fun! Up until Stage 5 (water stage). It's still kicking my ass, so I'm giving it a breather for a few weeks to a month and then going to go back to it. That stage's difficulty is dependent on the player, but the general consensus seems to be that it's hard. Up until that point, the game is easy. I even tried replaying the game and getting as many 1-ups as possible, but then I lose all my lives on that dang stage :)
IMG

Lilgrafx

Popped in Gate of thunder and made it to the final level last night. Thanks again Matt! (Not referring to myself, the other Matt)

esteban

Quote from: geise on 07/28/2012, 09:18 PMI liked Final Zone 2 when I first bought it way back when.  I still play it evey now and then.  The first game is better, but I always have liked FZ2.  Haha, cinemas and all. :D
I thought the story in Final Zone II was its strong point! I actually liked it. But the game itself is so mediocre IMG I LOVE THE TOTALLY RANDOM VERTICAL SHOOT-EM-UP HELICOPTER STUFF! I actually do like that this is in the game. I have a weakness for odd hybrid games...not that the shoot-em-up action is exciting (it's pretty blah...)

Quote from: Mishran on 07/30/2012, 05:08 AMGave Valis 2 my first real attempt at a play through. Did pretty good until Act4 which is kicking my ass. Too many cheap shots from enemies makes this a fairly tough game. Thank goodness for the save feature. How is Valis 3 in comparison? I have yet to give it my full attention.
Valis II is a cake walk. Don't worry, you'll figure everything out and realize how easy it is. :pcds:

Valis III is better...and more challenging.

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 07/30/2012, 12:27 AMI HAVE DECIDED THAT BRAVOMAN WAS PROGRAMMED BY A SCHIZOPHRENIC SADIST!
I don't know if I've ever completed a level in it. It's one of those games that I say I'll "eventually get to play, for real, in a few months"... and here we are, 20 years later. Actually, I don't think I bought it until the late 90's.

Quote from: geise on 07/29/2012, 08:44 AMYou know, I like BB better on the turbo/pce than the BB Collection on PSX.  Alot of it has to do with the CD music and the little images after every level.  It plays really well and is just all around fun.  Plus the fact is on the turbo makes it even more enjoyable.
200% agreed.

JoshTurboTrollX

I sat down and played an hour of Emerald Dragon again over the weekend.  You can follow along on my journey thus far on the Hupack blog site.  I'm trying to log pretty much everything I'm doing while going through this excellent RPG(Not really a walk through), just to keep track of everything.  I tend to take long breaks between plays at times, so it's best I don't revisit the game in 5 months saying "Oh crap, now where was I?".

http://hupack.blogspot.com/
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Quote from: esteban on 07/30/2012, 09:43 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 07/30/2012, 05:08 AMGave Valis 2 my first real attempt at a play through. Did pretty good until Act4 which is kicking my ass. Too many cheap shots from enemies makes this a fairly tough game. Thank goodness for the save feature. How is Valis 3 in comparison? I have yet to give it my full attention.
Valis II is a cake walk. Don't worry, you'll figure everything out and realize how easy it is. :pcds:

I'm not a hardcore gamer and this is my first run through, so it's offering some challenge. Mostly the stupid random enemy pop up. For example, when fighting the 3rd robo dragon on Act 4, sometimes the flame men will keep coming from both directions during the fight.

I'm on Act 5 now and it's a cake walk for sure aside for the spiked balls that spin in circles while the conveyers move you backwards. Not easy to avoid getting hit by them.

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 07/31/2012, 05:06 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/30/2012, 09:43 PM

I'm not a hardcore gamer and this is my first run through, so it's offering some challenge. Mostly the stupid random enemy pop up. For example, when fighting the 3rd robo dragon on Act 4, sometimes the flame men will keep coming from both directions during the fight.

I'm on Act 5 now and it's a cake walk for sure aside for the spiked balls that spin in circles while the conveyers move you backwards. Not easy to avoid getting hit by them.
I hear you :pcds:.

I'm glad you are playing Valis II.

Mishran

Valis II complete! :dance: Next up Valis III. 8)

Kaijuboy

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 07/30/2012, 12:27 AMI HAVE DECIDED THAT BRAVOMAN WAS PROGRAMMED BY A SCHIZOPHRENIC SADIST!
Very true!  But there is something oddly compelling about the game and Dr. Bomb's awesome haircut...   :lol:

Bernie

Currently playing Ys Book 1&2.  Next up is III.

CPTRAVE

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 08/01/2012, 03:09 AMCurrently playing Ys Book 1&2.  Next up is III.
Holy cr*p, is this your virgin run through the game(s)?

Ys I & II was fantastic for me, even on the first few replays. :pcgs:

I love the music in I & II. I still maintain that I & II's music is superior to III's.

:pcgs:

JapanTokei

I can replay YS I &II over and over and over again... it's the best game made in history of mankind imo.  lol. 

I never finished Part 2 though... damn Tennokoe bank failed and lost my saved game.. grrrrrrrrr

Quote from: esteban on 08/01/2012, 03:14 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 08/01/2012, 03:09 AMCurrently playing Ys Book 1&2.  Next up is III.

I love the music in I & II. I still maintain that I & II's music is superior to III's.

esteban

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/02/2012, 08:22 AMI can replay YS I &II over and over and over again... it's the best game made in history of mankind imo.  lol. 

I never finished Part 2 though... damn Tennokoe bank failed and lost my saved game.. grrrrrrrrr

Quote from: esteban on 08/01/2012, 03:14 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Failure of Tennokoe! IMG

420GOAT

PLAYING THE SHIT OUT OF RTYPE, sounds beautiful on the express with headphones. i fucken love the intro and music of level one...instant fucken classic!!! can you tell i love this game?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

NecroPhile

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/02/2012, 08:22 AMI never finished Part 2 though... damn Tennokoe bank failed and lost my saved game.. grrrrrrrrr
That sucks, but you owe it to yourself to finish it some day (soon!).  And look on the bright side - you get to replay the awesomeness leading up to the part where you lost the save!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2012, 12:30 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/02/2012, 08:22 AMI never finished Part 2 though... damn Tennokoe bank failed and lost my saved game.. grrrrrrrrr
That sucks, but you owe it to yourself to finish it some day (soon!).  And look on the bright side - you get to replay the awesomeness leading up to the part where you lost the save!
That is a bright side :pcgs:.

Tatsujin

Quote from: 420GOAT on 08/02/2012, 12:02 PMcan you tell i love this game?
Everybody loves that game! who doesn't must be a lvl99 retard.

IT'S TEH FUCKING MAGIC GAME :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

reno5

I'll try Valis for the first time tonight. Got my PC-Engine Duo yesterday in the mail.

Mishran

Been spending the past 2 days on and off trying to finish the ice cavern stage (stage 8?). The boss is a major mofo. If not for the fact that I'm very persistent, I'd have already given up.

roflmao

I 1cc'd Star Parodier yesterday.  :D  It's not the hardest game around (by far!) but it's not very often I have enough time to play a game to the end.

geise

Nice on the Star Parodier Clear!  Love that game!

reno5: Valis is awesome!  Enjoy! Congrats on the Duo system.

I had time this weekend and rocked out Side Arms, Keith Courage, and Buster Bros. in that order.

Lilgrafx

Play to stage 5 in Gates of Thunder, but my Duo is having sounds problems and the music cuts off half way through the stage, I couldn't plsy through the rest without with music. :(

geise

Wasn't this a Duo you won in a raffle from BlueBMW?  Has this happened before and if so was it only this game?  I'm sure this one would've had a cap swap if it came from bimmer.  That sucks man and definitely in a game like GoT.

OldRover

Playing Vasteel to fulfill the requirements of the completion thread. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

geise

Good luck.  It was really hard for me to get into Vasteel, but damn it if I didn't finish it.  It was fairly painful.  Not a huge fan of the game.

OldRover

I'm on the final map right now and have troops surrounding the last base... maybe 15 more minutes of play or so :)

EDIT: Finished. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Lilgrafx

Quote from: geise on 08/06/2012, 07:58 PMWasn't this a Duo you won in a raffle from BlueBMW?  Has this happened before and if so was it only this game?  I'm sure this one would've had a cap swap if it came from bimmer.  That sucks man and definitely in a game like GoT. 
Yeah it does it all of the games, but Beamers hooking me up so it's all good.

roflmao

I made it to the 4th world of Bomberman '93 today.  I think it's the farthest I've made it in this game since I bought it (back when it was new).  The end is  almost in sight!

JapanTokei

I love R-type too... can replay it 1000 times and still never gets old... the only gripe is the slowdowns on the PCE/TG version sometimes get pretty annoying

Quote from: 420GOAT on 08/02/2012, 12:02 PMPLAYING THE SHIT OUT OF RTYPE, sounds beautiful on the express with headphones. i fucken love the intro and music of level one...instant fucken classic!!! can you tell i love this game?

roflmao

Lately I've been playing a fair amount of Bomberman '93 and Order of the Griffon.  I'm currently most of the way through world 4 in Bomberman and am exploring the Wolves Den in OotG, though I'm pretty sure I've cleared it out. I can't believe I've owned Bomberman '93 pretty much since it came out and have never tried to complete the single player campaign.  It's always been my go-to multiplayer game.  It's good fun.  As is OotG.

Damon Plus

Double Dungeons. Its fast-paced gameplay is addictive, even if its repetitive (As any good dungeon crawler, I must add). But I fear that when levels get bigger the game will be too annoying to play.

geise

For the 20 some odd years I've been playing the turbo I never really gave double dungeons a chance.  I always found myself loosing interest after a while.  It's not bad, just there's other games I'd rather devote my time and effort to.

reno5

Waiting on my copy that i won in the raffle to get in so i can finally try Double Dongeons

CPTRAVE

Finally played Neutopia, and passed it Dirth was kind of easy to beat. Now I just need to get Neutopia 2

esteban

Quote from: Damon Plus on 08/10/2012, 05:15 AMDouble Dungeons. Its fast-paced gameplay is addictive, even if its repetitive (As any good dungeon crawler, I must add). But I fear that when levels get bigger the game will be too annoying to play.
I remember making some maps back in the day.

My brother and I played it, too, which was fun. I can't get anyone to play it these days....except for the same brother! We're too busy to really dedicate much time, though.

Dungeon Explorer 2 is what we want to play co-operatively :pcgs:.

CGQuarterly

This morning I played Jackie Chan (awesome), Gunhed (too easy but still fun), and Kickball (which I'd never played before but found to be surprisingly fun.)

Chris

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: esteban on 08/10/2012, 10:47 AMDungeon Explorer 2 is what we want to play co-operatively :pcgs:.
DE2 is so dang awesome. I haven't had a chance to investigate it, but I'm fairly sure they increase the boss HP for multiple players, making the boss fights incredibly tough, the more players you add. The other issue is that if you have 5 players, and only 1 survives the boss fight, only one gets the level-up, meaning you are going to have lots of lagging behind in levels. Finally, certain bosses (Damn Tree Dragon!) are a pain in the ass for multiple players - there isn't enough room for everyone to move to escape his attack!

It may sound like I'm negative towards multiplayer, but in truth I love it. However, expect the difficult to ramp up.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

DrBread

Banjo Kazooie reliving my childhood.
I really like video games...