What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: majors on 03/31/2014, 09:08 AMGot to the boss rush on Rabio Lepus Special but ran out of continues and patience.

Playing Xserd...got to 4th stage but too many of my mechs got wasted on prior stages so I'm re-doing the earlier ones to beat them with zero losses. It's no M. Madness,  but will fill the void until I get Neo Nec some day.
Some of the bosses are frustrating for me. I tend to make sloppy mistakes. I have yet to master Rabio Lepus—I think I better experiment with new methods/tactics.

You have inspired me, comrade.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Damon Plus

Completed a run at Power Golf. It was last Sunday morning, I was alone at home and the sun was shining through the windows. Quite  relaxing moment relly.

schweaty

Just finished the english patched Rondo.  that was a pleasant experience.  =D>

cr8zykuban0

Been playing military madness. Awesome strategy game! Blazing lazers and galaga 90 are some other favorites!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: schweaty on 04/04/2014, 08:07 AMJust finished the english patched Rondo.  that was a pleasant experience.  =D>
I just got that too, about half way through, that Bat to Medusa to Mummy to Frank boss is killing me.

I also just beat this, great game but anyone who pays the full price for this is nuts.

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

geise

Congrats on beating it.   You might want to give a spoiler alert for anyone that doesn't want to see the ending yet and hasn't completed it.

bob

Quote from: geise on 04/14/2014, 09:21 AMCongrats on beating it.   You might want to give a spoiler alert for anyone that doesn't want to see the ending yet and hasn't completed it.
no shit.  what the fuck?  there is a whole thread on completing games.  this isnt it.

warpig227

playing bloody wolf. theres something about that game i can't get enough of lol

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: warpig227 on 04/14/2014, 09:56 PMplaying bloody wolf. theres something about that game i can't get enough of lol
It's so good, I love it very much.  Keep at it, it begs you to keep going.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Nec.Game.head

Over the weekend I finally scored on a Arcade card pro, so now I'm able to play some Sapphire. This game absolutely rocks !! Great game play, amazing graphics and kick ass music !!

IMG

IMG

IMG
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

MrFlutterPie

Playing some Ordyne as I always seem to glance over it.

roflmao

The last couple of evenings, I've been playing some Military Madness with my son.  We're both totally getting into it again.  This morning when I woke up, his room had been turned into a battlefield with a "Blue" army and a "Green" army.  It was a good morning. :D

Bernie

You should play Vasteel....on your Turbo Duo....   :)

roflmao

Quote from: Bernie on 05/01/2014, 09:38 PMYou should play Vasteel....on your Turbo Duo....   :)
If only I had Vasteel.  One of these days! ;)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Bernie on 05/01/2014, 09:38 PMYou should play Vasteel....on your Turbo Duo....   :)
I have no idea how to play these types of games.  I started it up, watched the full intro, picked a brother, then just turned the game off.  Hell of an intro but I have no idea wtf is going on.

Also I just beat Rondo of Blood,  96% complete all on my own and only 22 continues ;)  The game became CAKE when I got Maria, I need to go back and beat it with the main protagonist.  Great music, a real toe tapper.
IMGIMGIMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 05/01/2014, 09:43 PM
I'll lend it to you for a month if you will get some play out of it. I have no manual for it though.
PM me if interested.

I beat Valis II last night
...then 3 levels of bravoman
...then 3 innings of world class baseball
...then a couple levels of bomberman
...then 1 hole of jack n cd golf
...then the first dungeon of neutopia II

wolfman

Shapeshifter - final Bosses battle. Still trying to survive it...

Bomberman 93 - for a change before bedtime  :mrgreen:
Splash Lake
Nectaris the whole afternoon, past level 12. Now its getting harder...
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

HailingTheThings

Magical Chase (Thanks to Mister Chops!)

This game really IS short, wow!

I think its really fun, though. And. That. Music.

Totally stuck in my head, like alot.

Yay!
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: galam on 05/03/2014, 09:33 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/01/2014, 09:43 PM
I'll lend it to you for a month if you will get some play out of it. I have no manual for it though.
PM me if interested.

I beat Valis II last night
...then 3 levels of bravoman
...then 3 innings of world class baseball
...then a couple levels of bomberman
...then 1 hole of jack n cd golf
...then the first dungeon of neutopia II
Sounds like you you had quite the night of obey!  SWEET!  Thank you for the loan offer on Vasteel.  I may ping you about that sometime in the future, but right now I'm invested in Military Madness and it'll probably take me at least a month to finish. :) Game time is at a premium, and most of that time I'm spending with my lil, so we often take turns.  For a game like Military Madness (or Vasteel) we'd  only get one turn each before it's time to turn off the tv.

Mzo

Beat Riot Zone as both characters today.  I want to love the game because it's Westone but it's really not very good.  Single player, limited move set, no weapons, and the seriously most fucked-up walking animations I have ever seen.  I don't think these guys have ever seen human beings move around.

Still fun, though!
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mzo on 05/04/2014, 03:50 AMthe seriously most fucked-up walking animations I have ever seen.  I don't think these guys have ever seen human beings move around.
They were definitely ahead of their time. By that I mean they had access to a time machine and that walk is a future trend started by "Nintendo-ees."

"I had a dream..."

- - - Hailing Luther Things, Jr.

IMG
IMG

roflmao

I finally sat down with Ys IV this afternoon and spent a fair chunk of time playing it.  All I can say is "Wow!"

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2014, 06:37 PMI finally sat down with Ys IV this afternoon and spent a fair chunk of time playing it.  All I can say is "Wow!"
I've yet to finish Y's I & II but I want to get to IV badly. I played only a little of IV to get a taste and I'm looking forward to having it next in the queue.

Sprinkle in a little Splatterhouse & Blazing Lazers and that's my gaming as of late.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2014, 06:37 PMI finally sat down with Ys IV this afternoon and spent a fair chunk of time playing it.  All I can say is "Wow!"
What on earth is going on in that intro? I only have the PC Engine version, and I was clueless why those two guys were fighting.

I don't *need* to know English for this game, do I?

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 10:04 AM
What on earth is going on in that intro? I only have the PC Engine version, and I was clueless why those two guys were fighting.

It's the last fight from Ys 2.  If you haven't played Ys books 1 and 2 yet, I'd recommend you play them before 4.  And if you want to play 4 in English you're in luck, there's a completed translation patch you can download and get all the plot enjoyment you'd otherwise miss out on.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Ninja16608

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/05/2014, 10:43 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 10:04 AM

It's the last fight from Ys 2.  If you haven't played Ys books 1 and 2 yet, I'd recommend you play them before 4.  And if you want to play 4 in English you're in luck, there's a completed translation patch you can download and get all the plot enjoyment you'd otherwise miss out on.
Could you PM me where i can find this translation I love the Y's series and only played up to 3 on the SNES i believe it was.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/05/2014, 11:01 AMCould you PM me where i can find this translation?
You can get the patch from NightWolve.  If you're looking for a prepatched ISO, do it via PMs.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

mossman43

HailingTheThings

Quote from: mossman43 on 05/05/2014, 05:05 PMJackie F**kin' Chan!!
If you haven't already, try the original NES ver. and then compare. Its wow. :3
IMG

jordan_hillman

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Bardoly

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/03/2014, 06:43 PMMagical Chase (Thanks to Mister Chops!)

This game really IS short, wow!

I think its really fun, though. And. That. Music.

Totally stuck in my head, like alot.

Yay!
What difficulty level did you play the game at?  If I remember correctly, 'Easy' mode only lets you play the first 3-4 levels, so you must play the game at 'Normal' or 'Hard' to be able to play through the entire game.

mossman43

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/06/2014, 12:22 AM
Quote from: mossman43 on 05/05/2014, 05:05 PMJackie F**kin' Chan!!
If you haven't already, try the original NES ver. and then compare. Its wow. :3
Absolutely!  I own the NES one as well and the TG Jackie would kick NES Jackie's ass!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/06/2014, 11:46 AMWhat difficulty level did you play the game at?  If I remember correctly, 'Easy' mode only lets you play the first 3-4 levels, so you must play the game at 'Normal' or 'Hard' to be able to play through the entire game.
Normal, sillybilly. It's still short-ishesesesesesssssss. Couldn't beat the last boss, though, well, could've maybe, but gave up.

Quote from: mossman43 on 05/06/2014, 06:56 PMAbsolutely!  I own the NES one as well and the TG Jackie would kick NES Jackie's ass!!
Yeah!
IMG

Teknoman

Legendary Axe. Finally figured out the pattern to avoiding the dreaded monkey pit (so annoying!) but then after getting past the final maze...I choked on the last boss.
IMG

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

JoshTurboTrollX

ys III.... er Wanderers from Wise three!!

Played some of both US and import versions.  I like the PCE-Japanese version a bit better.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/13/2014, 10:09 AMys III.... er Wanderers from Wise three!!

Played some of both US and import versions.  I like the PCE-Japanese version a bit better.
Explain. I've only played USA version.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

synbiosfan

None and I'm unhappy about it. The 2 systems I decided to keep (Duo-R & TE) are off being modded.

I hadn't finished Y's I & II and I miss my regular go to Splatterhouse.

I really wish I hadn't sold my old TG-16.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :cry:

jtucci31

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/16/2014, 04:47 PMNone and I'm unhappy about it. The 2 systems I decided to keep (Duo-R & TE) are off being modded.

I hadn't finished Ys I & II and I miss my regular go to Splatterhouse.

I really wish I hadn't sold my old TG-16.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :cry:
I know the feeling. I had sent mine off just recently, turbo withdrawals are the worst.

Got it back right after finals though. So it was perfect. I am strictly Turbo dedicated this summer :)

synbiosfan

I know I have way too much stuff. I'm selling a bunch of Saturn games and I was looking for a filler box.  I saw the perfect box and when I opened it, I saw 2 rf units for the TG-16, a system, ac power and a turbo tap.

I guess I will be playing while my other goodies are modded.

Splatterhouse here I come!

reson8er

I literally just finished playing Kaze Kiri on PC engine. Have been on a serious ninja game binge lately.

Ninja16608

Quote from: reson8er on 05/18/2014, 01:29 PMI literally just finished playing Kaze Kiri on PC engine. Have been on a serious ninja game binge lately.
Great game I love how fluid the animations are. Plus NINJAS ROCK!!!!!

wolfman

Just finished Last Alert....man that game is easier than I thought!

Still stuck on KAISER Map in Nectaris...tough nut to crack, I can say.

Shapshifter still waiting to be completed.
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

InfraMan

Currently working my way through Exile: Wicked Phenomenon. The stories of its impossible difficulty are greatly exaggerated, but it's definitely got some weird spikes.

bob

As i wait patiently for an arcade card, i just played a round of CARE4DATA on magic engine and really enjoyed it.

OldRover

Quote from: InfraMan on 05/18/2014, 08:21 PMCurrently working my way through Exile: Wicked Phenomenon. The stories of its impossible difficulty are greatly exaggerated, but it's definitely got some weird spikes.
I can tell you're not far into it. ;)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Dyna138

Playing through Dragon Slayer now and hitting up Godzilla on the side. Just saw the new Godzilla Friday and it's put me in the mood for some Godzilla action. :)

InfraMan

Quote from: OldRover on 05/19/2014, 01:03 AM
Quote from: InfraMan on 05/18/2014, 08:21 PMCurrently working my way through Exile: Wicked Phenomenon. The stories of its impossible difficulty are greatly exaggerated, but it's definitely got some weird spikes.
I can tell you're not far into it. ;)
I just got to Baghdad after a couple of bosses attacked me in the previous town. I'm not sure how long the game is, but I think I'm pretty far into it.

I'm actually enjoying it more than the first one so far. :-$

JoshTurboTrollX

Devil's Crush on the Express.  Just too much fun!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

technozombie

I just started playing Gate of Thunder. At first I thought it was really hard, then after a few continues I started to understand the gameplay and its a really fun game. On my last play I got through the 3rd stage and only died once. On the 4th stage I got my ass handed to me lol.