OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clackattack

Quote from: blueraven on 02/18/2015, 05:41 PMPCE Ninja Ryukenden

:D
What a kickass version of this game! Do you like the music from PCE or NES more? I prefer the NES music but the gameplay I feel is better on PCE. Now if I could only find me a complete copy of that for under a hundo...
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

esteban

Quote from: clackattack on 02/19/2015, 07:03 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 02/18/2015, 05:41 PMPCE Ninja Ryukenden

:D
What a kickass version of this game! Do you like the music from PCE or NES more? I prefer the NES music but the gameplay I feel is better on PCE. Now if I could only find me a complete copy of that for under a hundo...
I prefer the NES over the PCE version. Sorry!

It's not that I don't like the PCE version, but the NES version trumps it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

clackattack

I definitely gained more blisters playing it on the NES thats for sure... mainly because I played the PCE ver on an emulator :(  and I just find it really hard to dedicate alot of time playing an emulator, its just not the same as real hardware!
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

PukeSter

Booted up some Super Dodgeball and Ninja Spirit today. :)

I'll probably play either Salamander or Mr. Heli tomorrow. I haven't played any new games lately.

richc

Until I get another console, Legendary Axe II on emulator.  Game gets a lot of flack, but it seems like a really good Rastan to me.

esteban

Quote from: richc on 02/20/2015, 09:48 AMUntil I get another console, Legendary Axe II on emulator.  Game gets a lot of flack, but it seems like a really good Rastan to me.
This is a great game. EXCELLENT EVERYTHING.

The naysayers are heathens.

Seriously.

Heathens.

wildfruit

Quote from: esteban on 02/20/2015, 10:53 AM
Quote from: richc on 02/20/2015, 09:48 AMUntil I get another console, Legendary Axe II on emulator.  Game gets a lot of flack, but it seems like a really good Rastan to me.

Seriously.

Heathens.
Love it. The first stage music sets the tone so well. ....damn run button bombs though.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/20/2015, 06:37 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/20/2015, 10:53 AM

Seriously.

Heathens.
Love it. The first stage music sets the tone so well. ....damn run button bombs though.
If the RUN button really bugs you, there is an option: get an AVE PAD 3...it allows you to remap the RUN or SELECT button to button III.

It was introduced with Forgotten Worlds because it made the controls less clunky....so, I wanted to "get the most" out of my AVE PAD III and tried to find more games that would "benefit" from it.

To be honest, most games don't need AVEPAD III, but I have had fun using it.

TBFG FAQ

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9188.msg158373#msg158373

TBFG FAQ. SRSLY.

PukeSter

The only bad part of LA II is the horrible final level. Bad design.

Keeps me from replaying such a good game.

pulstar

Currently playing Parodius Da on PCE. This is much harder than the PCE version of Gradius.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/21/2015, 12:37 PMThe only bad part of LA II is the horrible final level. Bad design.

Keeps me from replaying such a good game.
Nooooooooo, it's not that bad.

List your criticisms/grievances. :)

Bloufo

Playing a bit of Bravoman.

As spida1a puts it:  "A fun little action romp, for a while".

Not a game I'd particularly recommend.

blueraven

I felt the same way about Tatsunoko Fighter.

richc

Quote from: blueraven on 02/21/2015, 02:03 PMI felt the same way about Tatsunoko Fighter.
I really tried to like that game.  Couldn't do it.  Currently replaying YS III, everyone usually complains about the parallax scrolling but the voice acting- bleh.  Love the music and the hit detection isn't as bad as the snes version.

PukeSter

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/21/2015, 01:38 PMPlaying a bit of Bravoman.

As spida1a puts it:  "A fun little action romp, for a while".

Not a game I'd particularly recommend.
Good game. Nice graphics, lovely translation and good bosses.
I need to use turbo to reach the highest secret areas.
Later levels are tough though.

There are definitely some differences from the arcade, so check that out as well.

richc

Playing this rom hack of splatter house.  It's pretty difficult.  Or I'm not used to the layout.  Still worth checking out:

Bernie

Just finished up Dungeon Explorer, got the normal ending.  Wanted too see the hidden ending, so I went through it again so I could.  Pretty funny secret ending I must say. 

Now, on to Dungeon Explorer II!!!  Gonna go pop that sucka in now.

esteban

Quote from: richc on 02/25/2015, 07:20 PMPlaying this rom hack of splatter house.  It's pretty difficult.  Or I'm not used to the layout.  Still worth checking out:
That looks interesting.

PukeSter

Played a round of Parasol Stars. Got to World 7 (Toy World) on one credit, which I don't think I've done before. Beat the true final boss like usual.

One of my favorite HuCards.

Waterclocker

Started playing some Image Fight the other day.  I've owned it for ages, but never put time into it.  Got the itch when I saw BitHead1000 playing it.  Pretty hard!!  Only got a few levels in so far.
My Channel - Pickups, repairs, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CollectingRetro

Needs more OBEY, but I'm working on it.

cr8zykuban0

been playing some jackie chan on the turbo. man I love that game!  those tigers aint got nothing on me!

seieienbu

Ran through Ys 3 yesterday for the first time in years.  Still enjoyable, but still don't like it as much as the others.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Psycho Punch

wrong thread :-"
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

roflmao

Nulltard trekked up to my place over the weekend and we got a fair amount of obey in. Most of the evening was spent playing Sapphire and Summer Carnival '92: Alzadick, though there were a few other obeys and nobeys thrown in for good measure.

Gentlegamer

Playing Neutopia, nearing the end.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

jtucci31

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/16/2015, 05:38 AMRan through Ys 3 yesterday for the first time in years.  Still enjoyable, but still don't like it as much as the others.
I just started playing Ys III the other day. I'm really enjoying it. It's hard to control myself and not just go running through every cave, swinging my sword aimlessly. I haven't played too many action RPG's before this (I have, just never got very far), so I'll probably start seeking out more after I finish Ys III.

Arkhan Asylum

I have been playing Psychic Storm, Vigilante, and Valis 3.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Bloufo

Playing a bit of Obocchama-kun.

Bit of a strange one with not a whole lot of variety. Not without some merit though.
I mean how many games do you know where you can dress up as Elvis. :lol:

seieienbu

Finishing up the Ys series with Ys 4.  The last time I played it was, iirc, right when Nightwolve's English translation patch came out.  At the time I ripped a bin cue, patched it, burned to disk, and played it through that way.  Back then I could use CDRWIN to both rip images as well as burn playable games; today I no longer have the capability to burn workable CDs for whatever reason so I'm just going through the game in Japanese. 

I've played the game many times over the years but I noticed something new this time; the chiptunes in this game are Really good!  When I got it forever ago I recall thinking that it was kind of a shame that the game would have places where it'd stop being CD audio.  And yeah, it's a bit jarring to have audio differences that vast but whatever, the chiptunes in Ys 4 are fantastic.  I'll probably finish the game this weekend.

Groover

I finished Dracula X. Playing y's 1&2. I watched my friend play through y's3.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

I played through Kaze Kiri.

Why this is a $100+ game is beyond me.  It looks and plays great, but it's too short & repetitive.  Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot as games such as these are few and far between on the PCE, I just don't know why it's so expensive.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

richc

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/22/2015, 08:08 PMI played through Kaze Kiri.

Why this is a $100+ game is beyond me.  It looks and plays great, but it's too short & repetitive.  Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot as games such as these are few and far between on the PCE, I just don't know why it's so expensive.
It's one of those really late release games; probably one of my favorite ninja games of all time.  But as you said,  very short.

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/22/2015, 08:08 PMI played through Kaze Kiri.

I have never understood the Kaze Kiri fandom. It's so repetitive, even when you use different moves and try to make it more enjoyable.

I like the bosses (they looked kool, in general).

VenomMacbeth

I agree on all accounts, Esty.  I tried playing through on the "hard" difficulty as Suzu, and turned it off halfway through out of boredom.  This will be one I probably won't pick up for awhile.

That was last night, after m'lady commandeered my Duo for three hours to play Gomola Speed.  She's addicted. -_-

However, today I've been playing through Exile.  I'm really starting to see why Working Designs has such a strong fan base, as this game has so much character, especially in the dialogue.  I'm not loving having to grind so much, but that's more due to my lack of skill.  Everything else is pretty fantastic.  I purposely turned it off before getting too terribly far so I'd have some more to play later. ^-^

So far, my favorite line is "That sucks, grasshopper"
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Bekic

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Will continue tomorrow.

Groover

I just got Snatcher in the mail. Anyone know any guides to help. I don't know any japanesse. My guess is I could mimic a youtube playthrough.

Still excited to pick this one up. Also any fan translations out there but I doubt I could burn it to work. Some day I will get the Sega CD but the price is pretty high these days.
IMG

cr8zykuban0

recently picked up lords of thunder on the duo and i absolutely love the sound track! very tough game! but i'm enjoying it so far

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Groover on 03/24/2015, 10:42 PMI just got Snatcher in the mail. Anyone know any guides to help. I don't know any japanesse. My guess is I could mimic a youtube playthrough.

Still excited to pick this one up. Also any fan translations out there but I doubt I could burn it to work. Some day I will get the Sega CD but the price is pretty high these days.
Such a text-heavy game, why would you buy it if you can't read yapanese?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Gentlegamer

I finished Neutopia.

Five word review: Not as good as Zelda.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NightWolve

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/18/2015, 05:49 AMFinishing up the Ys series with Ys 4.  The last time I played it was, iirc, right when Nightwolve's English translation patch came out.  At the time I ripped a bin cue, patched it, burned to disk, and played it through that way.  Back then I could use CDRWIN to both rip images as well as burn playable games; today I no longer have the capability to burn workable CDs for whatever reason so I'm just going through the game in Japanese.
1. Use TurboRip to rip an ISO/WAV/CUE image file set.
2. Apply both text & dub patches.
3. Burn with ImgBurn at slowest speed - free and powerful.

If that fails, PM me for a link to a fully prepatched ISO/WAV/CUE zipped archive. No reason you should not get to enjoy this fully in English.

Damon Plus

I usually do a weird cycle: I play the first 3-10 minutes of Legendary Axe, Air Zonk, Military Madness, Splatterhouse, Blazing Lazers, Dungeon Explorer and others I'm forgetting before shutting down the system. I have some difficulties choosing a single game to play most of the time.

seieienbu

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/25/2015, 01:18 AM1. Use TurboRip to rip an ISO/WAV/CUE image file set.
2. Apply both text & dub patches.
3. Burn with ImgBurn at slowest speed - free and powerful.

If that fails, PM me for a link to a fully prepatched ISO/WAV/CUE zipped archive. No reason you should not get to enjoy this fully in English.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot later tonight.  If it works I'll have an excuse to start over.

blueraven

Been playing the Addams Family until I get the clear. Alternating that with Psycho Chaser JP :D

blueraven

I should actually amend that last post...

I've been making a few runs a day on The Addams Family, and am actually... surprised! It's a pretty damn good game, and the maze of doors and keys/bosses you have to defeat aren't simple. Once you get the pattern down and umbrella power-up... well it gets easier... but there still is the factor of the mechanics. You can fall in a pit, be eaten by a shark, Or literally be skull-fucked by spiders, bats, and skeletons on a seemingly random basis. Sometime's you're lucky, and sometimes not.

There still is some chaos with this game though. Weird load times happen when you're in the Vault, which can kill you in the room with the spike pit and it's easy to run out of a room without getting the power-up - I did this with the Werewolf potion by accident, and did it again with the heart before fencing Gomez just to double-check that the powerups were one-shots.

I went into this game pessimistic and really ended up loving it! Call me crazy, but this was a great freaking game.

...I also like Deep Blue so you don't have to listen to my opinion.

TurboGrafx

Was thinking on starting Order of the Griffon. How long and good is the game? I have tried it before, but never played through the whole game.

esteban

Quote from: TurboGrafx on 03/30/2015, 06:25 AMWas thinking on starting Order of the Griffon. How long and good is the game? I have tried it before, but never played through the whole game.
It definitely is a good game and quite enjoyable. Start over. :)

richc

This weekend I spent with Neutopia, legendary axe 2, and exile.  Forgot how good Neutopia and its music are. After work I'll probably spend some more time on it as I've finished only the first 4 dungeons.

Edit: nothing wrong with deep blue!  It's a neat little game, but I'm not brave enough to try Addams family.

TurboGrafx

Quote from: esteban on 03/30/2015, 06:42 AM
Quote from: TurboGrafx on 03/30/2015, 06:25 AMWas thinking on starting Order of the Griffon. How long and good is the game? I have tried it before, but never played through the whole game.
It definitely is a good game and quite enjoyable. Start over. :)
I definitely will  :dance:

blueraven

Terraforming today. my copy arrived from Japan, and I'm loving the game!!

More on this tomorrow/

richc

Cleared blazing Lazers before work.  Only 3 deaths, still got the skills!