OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cho_aniki and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

crazydean

Played some Blazing Lasers today. Esteban got me thinking about it with his recent video. Easily got to area 9, but that boss rush is a bitch.

Gypsy

Getting better at Aeroblasters slowly.

Thanks again Santa.

cueball1897

Gate of Thunder

I'm new to the CD side, so I picked up both Turbo Duo pack-in discs. I'm only 25 years late to the party.  :dance:

MisterCrash

I just finished Dragon's Curse for the first time. I really enjoyed it. Nice graphics, fun level design, and I liked the character switching dynamic.

The one thing I didn't like was how the potions were handled. When you load a game, all your potions are gone, so you have to go back and get more. Then, when the potions are used, you can get anywhere from 1 to 8 hearts refilled. When I battled the Vampire Dragon the first time, I used three potions, which refilled a TOTAL of five hearts. I went down in flames. The next time, the first potion refilled all my hearts.

airzonkrulz

yeah - random heart fills - always a bummer - lol - congrats on getting thru the game though! Ron

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

Mathius

Played some Dragon Spirit just to hear the tunes.

esteban

airzonkrulz

Played some Terra Cresta Caravan today (40 minutes or so) - hard/fun/challenging/rewarding - AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! - LOL  - All the Best - Ron :twisted:

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

MisterCrash

I'm making my way through Popful Mail right now. It feels like a lighthearted cross between Legacy of the Wizard and Ys. I'm digging it.

NoSexGex

Quote from: MisterCrash on 01/17/2017, 06:58 AMI'm making my way through Popful Mail right now. It feels like a lighthearted cross between Legacy of the Wizard and Ys. I'm digging it.
Such a wicked game!! I get mine this week hopefully
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Gypsy

Yeah Popful Mail is great. Don't know that I'll ever bother with the PCE version since I have it on Sega CD and have no arcade card.

bob

cybercore last night.  god I hate that game

esteban

Quote from: gynt on 01/18/2017, 03:02 PMcybercore last night.  god I hate that game
Such harsh words.

Please apologize.

:)

NE146

Playing on the 3DS :)

IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NoSexGex

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/18/2017, 03:01 PMYeah Popful Mail is great. Don't know that I'll ever bother with the PCE version since I have it on Sega CD and have no arcade card.
Oh no way,  I had no idea it was for the PCE as well.  Let alone it needs the arcade card to work, I wonder if you can emulate the arcade chip with an everdrive?
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

Mathius

I recommend owning both the Sega Cd and PCE versions of Popful Mail. They compliment one another nicely due to their gaping differences.

MisterCrash

Popful Mail actually doesn't need the arcade card to work. It's a Super CD, but is enhanced with the arcade card (similar to Brandish). I think the arcade card reduces load times, but I haven't done a comparison test.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2017, 10:01 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 01/18/2017, 03:01 PMYeah Popful Mail is great. Don't know that I'll ever bother with the PCE version since I have it on Sega CD and have no arcade card.
Oh no way,  I had no idea it was for the PCE as well.  Let alone it needs the arcade card to work, I wonder if you can emulate the arcade chip with an everdrive?
Not yet unfortunately but

Quote from: MisterCrash on 01/19/2017, 10:40 PMPopful Mail actually doesn't need the arcade card to work. It's a Super CD, but is enhanced with the arcade card (similar to Brandish). I think the arcade card reduces load times, but I haven't done a comparison test.
This is true.

Quote from: Mathius on 01/19/2017, 10:24 PMI recommend owning both the Sega Cd and PCE versions of Popful Mail. They compliment one another nicely due to their gaping differences.
From what I've seen all the versions are pretty different except for PC-88 compared PCE which are similar. For anyone that wants to play it on the cheap, there is the SFC version, but it's far from ideal. The colour on the PCE version cutscenes is of course waaaay better than the Sega CD version. Soon I will trick myself into buying the PCE version....

Mathius

It'd be cool if some of us could insert English voice acting into the PCE version of Popful Mail similar to what Nightwolve and co. did with Ys IV. And the other cool thing about this version is the cutscenes show different aspects and locations compared to the MD's.

NoSexGex

Quote from: Mathius on 01/19/2017, 11:44 PMIt'd be cool if some of us could insert English voice acting into the PCE version of Popful Mail similar to what Nightwolve and co. did with Ys IV. And the other cool thing about this version is the cutscenes show different aspects and locations compared to the MD's.
That would be sweet with popful mail

jtucci31

Some friends of mine from school and I have been playing Dungeon Explorer 2. Last year we played through the entire first game and loved it so now we're finally getting to the second one.

The music is great and we are still able to just walk around and figure out where the hell to go. The cutscenes are pretty sweet too.

Our only problem so far came yesterday when I gambled away all of our lives at blackjack, fuck that grim reaper looking motherfucker. I did ok on my first two hands then lost like 6 hands in a row.

esadajr

Moteke Tamago. It was mentioned the other day and decided to give it a shot. A fun addictive game.
Gaming since 1985

SoulflySolid

Aero Blasters. Was reading an old EGM where it was reviewed, realized I never really gave the game much of a chance. It's pretty good and challenging.

MisterCrash

I'm going back to am old favorite and tackling Dungeon Explorer II again. This time, I'm trying out a lot more character switching, which I don't recall doing much in the past.

esteban

Quote from: MisterCrash on 03/13/2017, 11:38 AMI'm going back to am old favorite and tackling Dungeon Explorer II again. This time, I'm trying out a lot more character switching, which I don't recall doing much in the past.
Lazers via Mr. Roboto = mega power

:)

EmperorIng

RayXanber II for me. 1CC'ing the game might be a futile effort on my part. The ice stage of level 4 contains so many assholish enemy surprise assaults. After a while you just get worn down and turn off the machine.  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quote from: EmperorIng on 03/20/2017, 10:20 PMRayXanber II for me. 1CC'ing the game might be a futile effort on my part. The ice stage of level 4 contains so many assholish enemy surprise assaults. After a while you just get worn down and turn off the machine.  ](*,)
Kudos for even friggin trying if I am remembering right that one is quite hard.

Medic_wheat

I am in the market for a new Hu Card based game.

Something different.

Any recommendations?  It can be NA or JO (PCE). So long as the game is English friendly. Be it a platforms, shooter. What have you. I have most of the common every day stuff.

I just don't know what game to try out that's "new" which to add to my TG16 goodness.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/21/2017, 08:27 AMI am in the market for a new Hu Card based game.

Something different.

Any recommendations?  It can be NA or JO (PCE). So long as the game is English friendly. Be it a platforms, shooter. What have you. I have most of the common every day stuff.

I just don't know what game to try out that's "new" which to add to my TG16 goodness.
Hatris!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/21/2017, 09:53 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/21/2017, 08:27 AMI am in the market for a new Hu Card based game.

Something different.

Hatris!
Mesopotamia!

Gomola Speed!

Mathius

Metal Stoker is a decent Granada-type shewtie.

Serega81

Just beat Blood Ger and Babel.. think I will do a quick playthrough of Ruin, and then start the Cosmic Fantasy Series.. Want to play through them all (1 excluded) I never did beat CF 3, so that would be a first.. I think Il playthrough Fiend Hunter and Dracula X on the non-rpg side
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

GoldenWheels

Armed F.

Jeez, no continues, kinda freakin' hard....I'm no pro but have to admit I was happier than I should have been just beating level 1....

esteban

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 03/28/2017, 07:50 AMArmed F.

Jeez, no continues, kinda freakin' hard....I'm no pro but have to admit I was happier than I should have been just beating level 1....
I like this game. Hw

I like this basic shootemup.

GoldenWheels

Quote from: esteban on 03/28/2017, 04:55 PM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 03/28/2017, 07:50 AMArmed F.

I like this game. Hw

I like this basic shootemup.
Originally I played for a while, died, saw no continues. Was like, oh, this is a game where there must be a code, hold up and press start at title screen to continue, or something. Looked it up.

No continues.  #-o

I like it but, I mean the odds of me making it through...I dunno. At least I'm getting better. Level 1 is a breeze for the most part now....now level 2 with the damn environmental obstacles....

NoSexGex

I was gonna continue my play through of Neutopia last night, but then Chris posted his new turbo views video and now i'm playing TimeCruise for the first time.

PukeSter

Quote from: Serega81 on 03/27/2017, 10:45 PMJust beat Blood Gear
Is Blood Gear perfectly playable even if you don't know English? I've always wanted to try it out as a Wonder Boy fan

Recently, I've played some of my favorites, Bonk 2, Bomberman 93, and Tenchi Wo Kurau. I also managed to beat Atomic Robo Kid in one life!

martinine

I've been playing Ys 1, 2, and 3 off and on lately.

Played Soldier Blade and Blazing Lazers for a while last night.

All amazing. I almost feel like with those five games, with a Bonk, Bomberman,  and Keith Courage thrown in, I could be game happy for a lifetime. I come back to those over and over again.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

NoSexGex

Quote from: Nulltard on 04/03/2017, 10:59 PMCrystalis. Easily one of the more impressive games in the library.
The music is just sex

NoSexGex

I just saw the words crystalis and epic music flooded my subconscious. Haven't kept up prior convo

Mathius

Played Super Raiden and Valis 1 for the very first time tonight after buying a CD lot from a friend. This was the first big PCE purchase I've made in years.

After playing the US Huey for years, Super Raiden impressed me greatly with it's differences to the chip version. I never expected the sound effects to echo the arcade version's so closely, though I do wish that extended to the boss fights. I'm still partial to the chiptunes of the HuCard ver. but the Redbook is nice.

The Valis 1 remake plays slooooow but is still somehow more fun than Valis 2 IMO.

I received four more games in the haul and will discuss those soon. I'm excited!

Gypsy

Gypsy