OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

CGQuarterly

Been playing a bunch of World Class Baseball the last couple of days.  Not the best game ever but it isn't too bad.

Chris

TheClash603

World Class Baseball is the second best sports game on the system behind Hit the Ice.

...with that said, it is nowhere near as good as Hit the Ice.

Too bad the TG16 didn't get NBA Jam or Mutant League Football/Hockey.

blueraven

GoT (HS runs, One credit EXCLUSIVELY no continues) and Xanadu II now that Flash Hiders was 1cc'd.

Flash Hiders is a great game with good dynamics, but an incredibly easy fighter.

TurbografxKid

Been playing "Bonk's Adventure" this past week. That music really gets stuck in your head. Excellent sound tract on Bonk's Adventure and also Bonk's Revenge.

turbogrfxfan

w
Quote from: Beld VanGuard on 03/01/2008, 12:32 PMSplash Lake and Shapeshifter, as there the 2 newest games to arrive.
at do ya think of shapeshifter?
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

DragonmasterDan

I've been playing Super Air Zonk. I'm still very disappointed with it.
--DragonmasterDan

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/24/2010, 10:56 AMI've been playing Super Air Zonk. I'm still very disappointed with it.
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/24/2010, 10:56 AMI've been playing Super Air Zonk. I'm still very disappointed with it.
Whats wrong w it?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 06/24/2010, 09:09 PMWhats wrong w it?
It's slow, bad level design. Lack of powerups. It's not anywhere near as fun as the original Air Zonk.
--DragonmasterDan

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/24/2010, 09:39 PM
It's slow, bad level design. Lack of powerups. It's not anywhere near as fun as the original Air Zonk.
I never played it good to know though.  I had a blast with air zonk.  Ill save my cash then.

Ive been playin final solider tryin to beat ope on the 2 min game.  hes at 61,000 and Im at 51,000

JapanTokei

agreed, yep 100%.  AirZonk (Hucard/Turbochip) is WAY better than the CD version. 

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/24/2010, 09:39 PM

Obfuscate

Formation Soccer on J Leauge. If anyone has any tips to scoring more consistantly let me know or reply in my thread in the PC Engine discussion. It's a fun Soccer game just hard to figure out since I can't read a Japenese manual.

blueraven

The waiting game (turbo is down ATM with a pot adjustment issue).

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 06/30/2010, 02:35 PMThe waiting game (turbo is down ATM with a pot adjustment issue).
:(

Right now I'm still pluggin' away at Son Son II, but I haven't had much OBEY time this week. Also poppin' in Ninja Gaiden and Galaga '90, as well.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/30/2010, 06:04 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 06/30/2010, 02:35 PMThe waiting game (turbo is down ATM with a pot adjustment issue).
:(

Right now I'm still pluggin' away at Son Son II, but I haven't had much OBEY time this week. Also poppin' in Ninja Gaiden and Galaga '90, as well. 
Good luck, I'm sure that this is fixable. It will just take time and engineering :|

JapanTokei

Been playing Takahashi Yumeijin / New Advanture Island... the game is difficult!  espcially those damn frogs that seem to jump at you right after you leap across some canyons.. its takes a lot of repetition to get the hand of it... despite the unlimited continues I wish the thing had a save feature!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/01/2010, 01:29 AMBeen playing Takahashi Yumeijin / New Advanture Island... the game is difficult!  espcially those damn frogs that seem to jump at you right after you leap across some canyons.. its takes a lot of repetition to get the hand of it... despite the unlimited continues I wish the thing had a save feature! 
lol. I love NAI. I was actually reading a Wii review of it yesterday and the author was saying that the save feature was a plus for him.
IMG

San Juan Wolf

Finished "Final Soldier" yesterday . Fun shooter which didn't get dificult till level 5 for me . Dunno what to try now . Maybe Parodus or (finaly) Magical Chase .

Also played through Niko Niko Pun , but that took all of ten minutes . I would have been pissed had I actualy payed for it .

Then re-played through Hana Taka Daka , got all the pieces and.....didn't even get diferent credits .

Also currently am at the begining of Youkai Douchuuki , but I don't realy know what to buy from the shop as most of it has no use when I try bringing it up .

Finaly about NAI , I got to a spot early on that I can't jump over normaly any ideas ?

(That reminds me I need to replay Wonderboy and finish it)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 07/09/2010, 11:53 AMFinaly about NAI , I got to a spot early on that I can't jump over normaly any ideas ?
hmmm...What stage are you on where you're having trouble?  :-k
IMG

Mathius

@ San Juan Wolf- Are you holding the run button down as you jump in NAI?

Been playing a little bit of Star Parodier lately. It's a decent game, but I am coming off the heels of Parodius Da! and Star Parodier pales in comparison IMO.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/11/2010, 10:16 PM
Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 07/09/2010, 11:53 AMFinaly about NAI , I got to a spot early on that I can't jump over normaly any ideas ?
hmmm...What stage are you on where you're having trouble?  :-k
Oh, do you have the turbo switches on the right settings? If the jump button isn't set to the right position you won't be able to jump very high. I betcha that's the problem right there.
IMG

NecroPhile

I've been playing Forgotten Worlds lately.  If it weren't for the slow-ass rotating and shit voices, I'd really like this game.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2010, 03:39 PMI've been playing Forgotten Worlds lately.  If it weren't for the slow-ass rotating and shit voices, I'd really like this game.
I haven't played much of Forgotten Worlds on any platform. Are these issues unique to the PCE or to all ports?
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/12/2010, 03:56 PMI haven't played much of Forgotten Worlds on any platform. Are these issues unique to the PCE or to all ports?
If I'm not mistaken, the poor voices were taken directly from the arcade; if the other ports have 'em (likely not), they are surely no better and probably worse.  As for the controls, the arcade had a rotary knob, which simply can't be accurately replicated with a couple of buttons.  I'd guess that the Genny would be a bit less awkward with three 'real' buttons (as would an Avenue Pad 3), but my wireless controllers force me to use the Run button.  :|

JoshTurboTrollX

Thought I should play some Dynastic Hero... its been years since I've kicked that one in the nuts...

Popped about 25 minutes into it yesterday.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2010, 05:41 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/12/2010, 03:56 PMI haven't played much of Forgotten Worlds on any platform. Are these issues unique to the PCE or to all ports?
If I'm not mistaken, the poor voices were taken directly from the arcade; if the other ports have 'em (likely not), they are surely no better and probably worse.  As for the controls, the arcade had a rotary knob, which simply can't be accurately replicated with a couple of buttons.  I'd guess that the Genny would be a bit less awkward with three 'real' buttons (as would an Avenue Pad 3), but my wireless controllers force me to use the Run button.  :|
The best way to play Forgotten Worlds IMO is on Capcom Classics Collection on the PS2. Using the two analog sticks ala Robotron works pretty well.

San Juan Wolf

Quote from: Mathius on 07/12/2010, 01:09 PM@ San Juan Wolf- Are you holding the run button down as you jump in NAI?

Been playing a little bit of Star Parodier lately. It's a decent game, but I am coming off the heels of Parodius Da! and Star Parodier pales in comparison IMO.
Not sure about that .

But I do think that I was pressing the run button as would anyone in this situation , unless the "run" button refers to the one starting the game (or any other specific button outside the d-pad) .

Mathius

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 07/12/2010, 07:34 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/12/2010, 01:09 PM@ San Juan Wolf- Are you holding the run button down as you jump in NAI?

Not sure about that .

But I do think that I was pressing the run button as would anyone in this situation , unless the "run" button refers to the one starting the game (or any other specific button outside the d-pad) .
Heh, yeah I mean the button that makes Higgins run. It he's running he will jump much higher.

San Juan Wolf

I tried that but he doesn't jump while I hold it , I have to let go of it first :/

NecroPhile

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 07/13/2010, 08:00 AMI tried that but he doesn't jump while I hold it , I have to let go of it first :/
You're doing something wrong; you can hold down button II to run and still jump.

Mathius

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 07/13/2010, 08:00 AMI tried that but he doesn't jump while I hold it , I have to let go of it first :/
Are you playing it on an emulator? THat could have something to do with it.

San Juan Wolf

Well course I am :P

Yame has been prety reliable to me so far . You gotta love it can play four diferent formats , three of which belong to nintendo (NES , SNES , GB) . Couldn't find any working emulator for the SNES that makes external save states (which made playing through Super Bonk 2 a real pain cause , even if the game is marvelously big and overall beautifull , it doesn't run on yame without sprites flickering) . I dunno if it's some setting thing , honestly .

kid_rondeau

I just purchased a few more titles for my US collection; I only have 33 left to acquire...
But one of my recent purchases was World Class Baseball. The game is aesthetically pleasing and seems to have smooth play, but I am getting my a** kicked whenever I try to play! My outfielders are never where I need them to be and run like tortoises, and my bat seems to have a hole in it.

Anyone have any advice on this game? I want to like it, and eventually beat it!

blueraven

Obfuscate

Re: World Class Baseball, when your fielder puts up his glove you're in the right spot. I still love and play this game after all these years.

kid_rondeau

Thanks Obfuscate! Your tip actually made a big difference in my defense. OK, here's another question though...in the manual, on page 11 under "Playing Defense", it has this technique:
-----------------------------------
Changing the Position of the Fielders
You can change the position of the fielders by
pressing the RUN button and the Direction
Key at the same time (only one position change
per ball is possible). Try some new positions
for better defense.
-----------------------------------
Note: The direction to press is based on the direction you'd like your fielders to go. Up for deep defense, down for forward defense, etc.

So, I can't get this to work. At least, not in any noticeable way. If the batter I'm pitching to has a powerful swing, I'll wanna bring my outfielders deeper, right? So at the mound I'll press Up and RUN together, but nobody moves. Am I doing this right? The manual is kind of lacking in detail.

Anyway, my defense improved to the point where I only lost 1-0. My batting still sucks.
Any advice in this department? Besides the obvious timing issue, how can I hit a ball past the infield?
Finally, if I have a switch hitter, how do I tell him to hit the other side? Or will a switch hitter automatically align himself based on the pitcher?

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Obfuscate

Rondeau, I don't move my feidlers around until after they hit, no need to. Also, hitting is mainly timing and swinging at good pitches but don't be jamming on the Direction Pad when you hit, just line up right and push the 1 button. Try using the Ninjas until you get good at it as they have a good hitting team.

kid_rondeau

airzonk68

not sure of others on the forum, but i tend to play 5 or so games at any one time on my duo (i have the entire us collection of games except for bonk 3 cd)  - i always keep devil's crush and a few shumps that i randomly rotate a few levels of each with for 10-15 minute gaming pleasure (air zonk, soldier blade and super star soldier are current 3 in rotation) and then a game or 2 i try to get to the end of - i am currently "hooked" on hit the ice (can't seem to beat the black team in the finals) and bomberman '93  - so many games - so little time (hehe) - best wishes to all

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: airzonk68 on 07/27/2010, 10:49 PMnot sure of others on the forum, but i tend to play 5 or so games at any one time on my duo (i have the entire us collection of games except for bonk 3 cd)  - i always keep devil's crush and a few shumps that i randomly rotate a few levels of each with for 10-15 minute gaming pleasure (air zonk, soldier blade and super star soldier are current 3 in rotation) and then a game or 2 i try to get to the end of - i am currently "hooked" on hit the ice (can't seem to beat the black team in the finals) and bomberman '93  - so many games - so little time (hehe) - best wishes to all
Welcome to the forums airzonk! :) Seems like you have a pretty good system going on. heh
IMG

blueraven

Escape From LA.

Oh wait. Thats not a Turbo game. I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei

turbogrfxfan

on the boss of stage five in r type!!!  I beat em if its the last thing i do!!

Roy The Sunderer

Just beat Ys III. Now it's time to jump into Exile!
Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.

DesmondThe3rd

I been playing Davis Cup Tennis and World Court Tennis too just to compared the two. I wasn't too crazy for Davis Cup:

Obfuscate

I really liked both Tennis games as a kid, I liked the Quest in World Court and the Tournies in Davis Cup. In Davis Cup you have to speed up the play and play a single screen to make it more enjoyable.

I've been playing Dead Moon, really fun shooter and under-rated in my opinion. Blow up the asteroids in the 2nd stage for mega bonus points and lives, I beat it yesterday with 14 lives left, just need to beat it without losing a life so I can retire it.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 07/28/2010, 10:29 PMon the boss of stage five in r type!!!  I beat em if its the last thing i do!!
ug exile..... i have a box w copy does anyone wanna trade it for something?

blueraven

American or Japanese?

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 07/29/2010, 08:35 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 07/28/2010, 10:29 PMon the boss of stage five in r type!!!  I beat em if its the last thing i do!!
ug exile..... i have a box w copy does anyone wanna trade it for something?

turbogrfxfan

american.......I also beat that boss and im on 6 in  r type

hoobs88

Currently playing 'Lords of Thunder' just to listen to the awesome music.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: hoobs88 on 08/01/2010, 05:03 PMCurrently playing 'Lords of Thunder' just to listen to the awesome music.
some of the best music on the system.