What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geise

not US turbo but, Jantei Monogatari 3: Saver Angels.  I'm a mahjong nut.  at the end of level 3 battle 11 atm

Jesse813

Giving Cobra II: Densetsu no Otoko another try. the graphics look good but i suck at this game.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/08/2011, 10:08 PMGiving Cobra II: Densetsu no Otoko another try. the graphics look good but i suck at this game.
Have you played through the Sega-CD version?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Jesse813

no. not interested in it enough to spend that much on it, i'll pickk it up though if i ever manage to spot a cheap copy.

thesteve

Jesse813

CrackTiger

Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/08/2011, 11:19 PMno. not interested in it enough to spend that much on it, i'll pickk it up though if i ever manage to spot a cheap copy.
It's a better game than Snatcher, so keep that in mind if you ever consider spending that much more for that game. :wink:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PunkCryborg

Buddy of mine came over tonight for a HU card marathon and we tore through the following
China Warrior
Keith Courage
JJ and Jeff
Impossimole
Parasol Stars
Bloody Wolf
Final Lap Twin
Space Harrier
Ninja Spirit
Cyber Core
Neutopia

My friend had the most fun with Final Lap Twin. What a fun game!
We also set up 2 tg-16s side by side to do composite and RF comparisons on a Sony Trinitron. If I had an RGB to component converter we could have done all 3 with my Duo R.

chany60126

Trying to get through the last stage of Valis 2. It is challenging if you are not powered up at the beginning of the level as you are on a moving platform with little room to move and the enemies gang up on you easily.

Jesse813

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2011, 12:29 AM
Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/08/2011, 11:19 PMno. not interested in it enough to spend that much on it, i'll pickk it up though if i ever manage to spot a cheap copy.
It's a better game than Snatcher, so keep that in mind if you ever consider spending that much more for that game. :wink:
I'll be sure to keep that in mind. currently playing Bomberman '94

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Jesse813

roflmao

Played some Final Soldier and Monster Lair this morning.  Made it to the last level of Blazing Lazers again yesterday and just couldn't get all the way through.  Argh.

Dyna138

I've had a productive last few days. Finally finished Cotton a game I put down for awhile and recently came back to. I also suffered through Darkwing Duck to clear it and put it out of its misery. The graphics in Darkwing Duck aren't half bad, its a shame it controls like a brick and has dreadful music.

Today I finally beat Monster Lair with a continue to spare.  :D

Jesse813

geise

roflmao

Briefly played Order of the Griffon, Street Fighter II, Alien Crush, Devil's Crush, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lazers, Dragon's Curse and Air Zonk today on my freshly re-capped TurboExpress, thanks to BlueBMW.  You rock!

Jesse813

TrûMisery

I just fired up Cosmic Fantasy 2 again this morning...
There are only 2 races on this planet... the Intelligent and the Stupid...

geise

Man i haven't played Cosmic Fantasy 2 since I bought and beat it in 93.  I really need to play through it again.  I remember nothing of that game it was so long ago.  Currently I'm still playing The TV Show and played some Syd Mead's Terraforming as well.  I totally forgot both those games are made by Right Stuf

roflmao

I'm in a similar boat - I played through and beat it around 96-97 and then sold it off thinking I'd never want to play it again.  I remember the last chunk of the game being a complete grind (too many random battles, perhaps?).  Whatever it was, time has healed that wound and now I'm keeping my eye out for another copy. :)

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Jesse813

MasonSushi

Magical chase. Just beat easy and now onto normal.

spenoza

Insanity. I normally don't like Berzerk, but Insanity ramps up slowly and gradually, meaning by the time you're screwed you're almost surprised that you're getting hammered so hard.

Jesse813

DirkFunk

Super Star Soldier

I find the game painful, yet very addictive. I desperately want to beat it! I HATE the boss gauntlet, at what I presume is, the end!

Dyna138

Playing through Valis III now...lots of cheap death in that game.  :evil:

Jesse813

DirkFunk

I played some Sapphire last night.

I was amazed by the visuals. But the speed and hit box are gonna take some getting used to.

Jesse813

daedalia

Samurai Ghost (Genpei Toumaden 2), it's like crack.

DJLobo

Started Ys III: Wanderers from Ys last night. The audio from the opening scene skips to the end about halfway through on my copy. The narrator's voice is pretty bad, so that's not really a bad thing.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

Jesse813

roflmao

Played some Legendary Axe last night.  It's growing on me.

Dyna138

hoobs88

Quote from: Dyna138 on 06/24/2011, 02:27 PMParasol Stars!  8)
Hooray! You should enter the high score competition.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Dyna138

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/24/2011, 02:38 PM
Quote from: Dyna138 on 06/24/2011, 02:27 PMParasol Stars!  8)
Its funny I just started playing Parasol Stars recently and I beat it today. I couldn't understand how I got 99 credits, but seems I got it from a rainbow colored necklace. I also think I got the real ending by accident. The screenshot in the high score thread of Bubby holding the wand with star at the end is the real ending?

I'll check on my scores later though I'm sure they aren't impressive.

hoobs88

Quote from: Dyna138 on 06/24/2011, 03:00 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/24/2011, 02:38 PM
Quote from: Dyna138 on 06/24/2011, 02:27 PMParasol Stars!  8)
Its funny I just started playing Parasol Stars recently and I beat it today. I couldn't understand how I got 99 credits, but seems I got it from a rainbow colored necklace. I also think I got the real ending by accident. The screenshot in the high score thread of Bubby holding the wand with star at the end is the real ending?

I'll check on my scores later though I'm sure they aren't impressive.
The rainbow necklace does indeed grant 99 continues after you reach the treasure room at the end of the current planet. The true ending is achieved when you hold the wand with the star.

Arkhan Asylum

Dynastic Hero

once I finish it I will ebay it with my silver scribbles on it, thus multiplying its value by a factor of 932094.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Jesse813

thrush

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 06/24/2011, 05:43 PMDynastic Hero

once I finish it I will ebay it with my silver scribbles on it, thus multiplying its value by a factor of 932094.
There's a ledge with a door nearby in the last castle that is out of jumping distance. If you figure out how to get up there please let me know. I have been stuck on that part for quite some time.

Jesse813

Dyna138

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/24/2011, 05:24 PMThe rainbow necklace does indeed grant 99 continues after you reach the treasure room at the end of the current planet. The true ending is achieved when you hold the wand with the star.
Played through Parasol Stars again today. It's funny when I didn't know about the "true" ending I got it by accident, but when I knew I needed 3 stars at the end of world 8 I couldn't get it. Talk about frustrating! Hoobs have any pointers in getting the miracle you want to appear? or 3 stars in world 8 easily?

Lilgrafx

Blazing Lazers. Got to the final level (for the 5th time) every time I get a game over there I die a little inside.   :-({|=

hoobs88

Quote from: Dyna138 on 06/25/2011, 01:39 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/24/2011, 05:24 PMThe rainbow necklace does indeed grant 99 continues after you reach the treasure room at the end of the current planet. The true ending is achieved when you hold the wand with the star.
Played through Parasol Stars again today. It's funny when I didn't know about the "true" ending I got it by accident, but when I knew I needed 3 stars at the end of world 8 I couldn't get it. Talk about frustrating! Hoobs have any pointers in getting the miracle you want to appear? or 3 stars in world 8 easily?
If you gather 5 bubbles on your Parasol to make an elemental bubble twice in one stage, that icon will appear in the next stage. Try to only make star elemental bubbles in the last stage so that will be the only icon you will get. A few planets have the option to make a miracle from 2 different elements but I always try to stick to the same ones.

roflmao

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/25/2011, 02:12 PMBlazing Lazers. Got to the final level (for the 5th time) every time I get a game over there I die a little inside.   :-({|=
I'm in the same boat.  I can make it to the last level without too much of a struggle, but then the game just points and laughs at me.

Jesse813

8) Busy Playing Cotton on the PCE  8)

Dyna138

Thanks for clearing that up Hoobs I also need to practice those later worlds more.

Quote from: guest on 06/25/2011, 03:28 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/25/2011, 02:12 PMBlazing Lazers. Got to the final level (for the 5th time) every time I get a game over there I die a little inside.   :-({|=
I'm in the same boat.  I can make it to the last level without too much of a struggle, but then the game just points and laughs at me. 
You guys need to accumulate a lot of those flashing orbs that clear the screen of enemies. Every time you get one of those you can respawn from where you died once (like Soldier Blade) instead of returning to a checkpoint. The more of those you get the more times you can respawn without going back to a checkpoint.

Basically if you can clear most of the game without dying and collect a lot of those you can beat the last level with brute force.  :wink: