OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Backup Booster 1&2 questions

Started by Ergot_Cholera, 11/11/2015, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ergot_Cholera

I know that the Backup Booster 1 allows saving and has AV out sockets whereas the Backup Booster 2 has saving capability but the AV sockets have been omitted.
Does anyone know how different they are internally? Are they essentially the same but without AV sockets connected on the BB 2?
Does anyone know of any images of the internals?
I know this isn't strictly repair and mod, but I thought there was more chance of people who tinker with the internals of the consoles knowing this information.

Ergot_Cholera

majors

Wow, three year old bump? I've never possessed and BB or BBII, but I have a Tennokoe 2 and it is pretty basic betty internals. I'd assume the same for the BB since the PCE itself is already generating the composite signal.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Ergot_Cholera

Quote from: majors on 10/08/2018, 10:17 AMWow, three year old bump? I've never possessed and BB or BBII, but I have a Tennokoe 2 and it is pretty basic betty internals. I'd assume the same for the BB since the PCE itself is already generating the composite signal.
It isn't just a pass through device though. I have an AV Booster and the composite video and audio signals go through an amplification circuit from the ext bus.
I just wondered if the PCB in the BB and BB2 is the same minus the AV components or whether they made a whole new PCB for the BB2.