Do we need a Turbob Call to Arms

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 12/26/2016, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Facebook is basically a fucking cesspool of fuckboy collectards.  They're ruining everything.

It was funny at first to watch them talk of their asses, but, they seem to have run unchecked for far too long.

Why?

A good majority of us that are into/good at keeping their bullshit in line don't use Facebook.   They don't come to forums because they're too stupid for that, and it has no "like" system or easy way to post photos, so they can't get their retarded ego-masturbation.

I think we need to fix that.  Even if it's just to make accounts specifically to join and lay waste to idiots in the Turbo groups.

They're damaging the scene.  While I don't particularly care if they fuck up the SNES/MD/etc. regions of life, I hate seeing what they are doing to the PCE scene.

We've lost people either due to literally losing them (dead), or they just said "fuck this" and bailed.

now we have...

prices going full tits
people parading around profiteering off of bootlegging
people parading around making fun of the actual community members who do work
people talking out of their asses

It's all a shitshow.  What happened.  Who are these fuckups?   They shouldn't be allowed to fuck everything up.

They think they're the PCE scene now, all because they photograph their purchases and post pics of title screens like a bunch of cunts.
gettin real sick of this shit.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

While I get that there are a few beginner "collectwats" and shelf jockeys on FB, I don't really think that community or this community are all that different.  We have regulars here that offer up repro carts just like on FB.  Fuck , even long before most people joined all the Turbo groups on social netwerks...

I still am in favor of guys that just want shelf trophies buying up reproductions vs. having legit copies rotting away on display.

~~~~FUUUU

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

If you don't think the FB crowds in the Turbo FB groups are different, you need to dialup your "douche-radar" settings.

We've got people high fiving each other while making fun of people who do things for the scene, and then those people wave their dicks around like they are in charge.

Fuck those people.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jtucci31

Yeah I would check the FB groups for awhile because they were pretty funny but it's pretty god awful now. Haven't checked in probably months, there aren't even good deals to look out for and it's not like there's some cool conversations about stuff going on.

It's usually:
"AM I DOING IT RITE?" *picture of Bonks Adventure level 1*

or

"TOP TEN FAVORITE BESTS"

Honestly though, aside from them selling shit for crazy stupid prices, I don't mind them staying there. Then they, for the most part, don't gum up the forum. Though, I think with something like Facebook they're more inclined to post the most inanely stupid shit possible without thinking. Whereas on the forum, early on I remember thinking hard on my posts and trying to contribute good stuff, or at least start to participate in more conversations and interact with lots of people.

Even when I call people out on FB and say their prices are way too much and I even provide eBay links, it's like the have the damn wool pulled over their eyes.

Arkhan Asylum

The problem is we need people preaching the good word of our lord and savior Turbob in the hopes that they stop being so goddamn stupid, or that they fuck off back to SNESland or whatever douchepit they crawled out of.

the haze

I used to hang out in forums, a lot, and still do from time to time.  Forums require a lot of time and devotion to keep up with everything so you don't look like a dick. BUT, I do like them. I am just lazy.

Remember Turbolist? Back in like 1993-1996 or some shit? It was great. Fuck, everything else. CrackTiger? Set it back up please.  :dance:
Were you on that ARK? No, you weren't born yet. FIGHT ME.  :D   

My point being, one could make a similar argument comparing turbolist to the PCE forums. (could but would be totally wrong) Guess what though? I do recall some dumb ass on there too.

Forums, IRC, and my website (which is mostly HTML4.0) it's all so 1999.

Speaking of which, I broke the BBS on my website, and I lost my account to this place back like forever ago, so I needed to make a new account in 2008.

What the hell is my point?  Not really sure. I am not going to pool a group of people that use one interface and call them all retarded, snobby know it all fan boys, elitists or whatever, because it's not 100% true or fair.

I agree with Ark a bit on his last points. There are some people raping the scene.  :evil:
This has just happened, because all the kids that made fun of me for having the TG16 in 1989 now realize that it was cool.  :mrgreen:

What do I do to combat what I don't like about the scene? 
I just try to make it more awesome and educate people a bit along the way.
I made my own Facebook group. It's a useful tool to provide an outlet to keep people updated on my projects, and availability of said projects.
I got no secrets about what I am doing, or hidden intentions.
I am not suddenly jumping into the PCE scene, I been a part of this since 1989. I wouldn't do anything that I do unless I had the love for the games.

I think a true PCE fan (new or old) should be able to smell someone's bullshit  and just head the other direction.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: the haze on 12/27/2016, 12:55 AMWhat do I do to combat what I don't like about the scene? 
I just try to make it more awesome and educate people a bit along the way.
Yes, but then you notice the Facebook phenomenon where... people just ignore education and instead act like morons.   That's far too rampant on FB, because it's more easily accessible.   

QuoteI think a true PCE fan (new or old) should be able to smell someone's bullshit  and just head the other direction.
Yeah.  The problem lies in the fact that lots of real PCE fans don't bother, so it's a circle jerk of poseurs.

.. and they then go and misrepresent the entire community.

OldMan

QuoteRemember Turbolist? Back in like 1993-1996 or some shit? It was great. Fuck, everything else. Black Tiger? Set it back up please.  :dance:
Were you on that ARK?
No, but I was.

QuoteMy point being, one could make a similar argument comparing turbolist to the PCE forums. (could but would be totally wrong) Guess what though? I do recall some dumb ass on there too.
Agreed. I wonder how many of them moved here, later.

the haze

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/27/2016, 12:50 AMThe problem is we need people preaching the good word of our lord and savior Turbob in the hopes that they stop being so goddamn stupid, or that they fuck off back to SNESland or whatever douchepit they crawled out of.
From this day forth, Ark will be now known as TURBO JESUS.

TheClash603

Someone should share a few screen shots of the worst of Facebook, I have never used that site so I don't understand the venting which is happening here.  Someone enlighten me so I can join in on the hate.

the haze

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/27/2016, 01:50 AMSomeone should share a few screen shots of the worst of Facebook, I have never used that site so I don't understand the venting which is happening here.  Someone enlighten me so I can join in on the hate.
Oh I am sure "Turbo Jesus" will find one and post it for your enjoyment.

technozombie

I have Facebook, but i rarely look at it. Some worst of Faceboom screen caps could be good for a laugh.

Arkhan Asylum

I can try to find some that I may have saved.

One problem there is, the people tend to delete their posts or block people, and then you lose them.

It's a real shitshow.

Makes it easy for idiots to come in and perpetuate idiocy.    They block anyone that tries to help them out.

Tatsujin should have some funny ones.  Maybe elabit, too.

Arkhan Asylum

Heres some idiot from a long time ago that was kicking and banning PCEFXers from his group for pointing out stupid shit they were saying/doing.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I can't find some of the other gems that are floating around in my folders.  Some of them blur and post like shit because I'm retarded and posted vertically.

Arkhan Asylum

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91osg7a36smjke6/Image2.bmp?dl=0

Here's one.  It should load and be viewable if you zoom in.

I forgot to click "see more" on some of mine to expand them.  Oh well. 

Arkhan Asylum

TheClash603

Meh, Facebook seems shitty.  My girlfriend is always on there looking at pictures her coworkers post of their kids and pets and all of them are things that only the poster would ever care about.  Yet besides that fact, they share these personal things to the world and assume people will love them just as they do.  That's the reason I never signed up, people become even more self promoting than real life, which I have no interest in.

I think it is just better to live in a walled off world, where Facebook doesn't exist.  I've been doing it for a decade and I think other than missing a shitty party invite or forgetting to say happy bday a few times, I am better off because of it.

...plus, I don't want fat chicks from college messaging me.

Arkhan Asylum

I only use it to bombard the hapless assholes who friended me with music they don't like, and to keep in touch with people who moved or are overseas and shit.

... and to go into these gaming groups and watch the downfall of humanity.

CGQuarterly

I just don't give enough of a shit.  Facebook is a cesspool.  Better that those waterheads should stick to FB than come here and tard this place up.  Honestly, Reddit isn't much better.  Whoever made the "Am I doing this right" comment earlier in this thread hit it on the fucking head.  Fucking asshats posting pics of their entire collection, that they dropped a couple grand on, carefully laid out on the floor.  "Just started last month.  Am I doing this right?"  Christmas day, the retrogaming-themed subreddits were nothing but "Best girlfriend/wife ever?" posts, accompanied by pictures of whatever AAA Super Nintendo or N64 games that they got.  I'm all for the re-introduction of forced sterilization.

I swear, at this point there are more collectards in society than there are people who legitimately want to play and enjoy older games.

Otaking

The retro game facebook groups are like Nintendo Age on crack. They're stuffed full of R-Tards just endless posting of latest pick ups and pics of game rooms and no discussion of playing the games.

The strange thing is I go on some music facebook groups of genres I'm interested in and they're really cool, people posting tracks they like and people discussing it in comments.

It's just something about retro games and facebook, it's like a magnet to the R-Tarded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 12/27/2016, 09:19 AMI just don't give enough of a shit.  Facebook is a cesspool.  Better that those waterheads should stick to FB than come here and tard this place up.  Honestly, Reddit isn't much better.  Whoever made the "Am I doing this right" comment earlier in this thread hit it on the fucking head.  Fucking asshats posting pics of their entire collection, that they dropped a couple grand on, carefully laid out on the floor.  "Just started last month.  Am I doing this right?"  Christmas day, the retrogaming-themed subreddits were nothing but "Best girlfriend/wife ever?" posts, accompanied by pictures of whatever AAA Super Nintendo or N64 games that they got.  I'm all for the re-introduction of forced sterilization.

I swear, at this point there are more collectards in society than there are people who legitimately want to play and enjoy older games.
the problem is that their retardation impacts things, even if we don't interact with them.

We need more people basically telling them "you're an adult.  noone gives a fuck what stupid shit your wife got you today, and nobody gives a fuck what your TV/setup looks like.  Its a goddamn TV, with a console, and wires and shit.   Its not new".

This is like people showing their dinner they made, and it's a fuckin hotpocket.

We know what it looks like

NecroPhile

Meh, fuck facebook.  There's no way to really fight those fucktards, as they'll block you and/or delete any comments that threaten their collectard way of life.  Even if you managed to convince someone to not be an uneducated drone buying shit for the sole purposes of masturbatory unboxing videos and collecting 'likes', there's three more goons just waiting to take their place in the parade of assholes.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

deubeul

Had to google Shadowland to figure out what the hell he was talking about.

jlued686

Facebook, as you said, is a cesspool. It's a virus that will worm its way into your brain and convince you to argue with idiots and make you hate people you once thought you liked. To fight against it, you can only do one thing: deactivate your account. I did that several years ago and felt as though a weight had been lifted. I've never returned.

Stay here at the PCEngineFX forums, where all is right with the Turbob world. Idiots are either chased out hastily, or they stick around and either eventually assimilate or are disregarded as fools. But, most of all, the work you do, and the work other Turbo developers do, is appreciated and praised.

Glory, glory...hallelujah. Amen.

Obey.

NecroPhile

King Drool speaks truth.  Don't descend into a pit of vipers and expect them to stop being vipers.

DildoKKKobold

Be-a-Dick.jpg

My struggle in this thread...
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Gredler

Honestly though this should not impact any of us.

I imagine it can be said they are affecting game prices, but buying physical games is a collectarded endeavor anyways so it's quite hypocritical to criticise these people for their tendencies.

Set them to ignore take a deep breath and move on with your life.

What is happening here is the fact Facebook is giving a voice to groups of people you and I disagree with, but trying to change them is a pointless endeavor. Let them enjoy themselves as they see fit, as I honestly just see a group of people trying to have fun in a way that I cannot relate to; like a group of people at a opera or country concert, or soccor fans.

They are a separate sub culture that should just be ignored if you don't agree, this doesn't bother me too much because turn a blissfully ignorant blind eye

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Nulltard on 12/27/2016, 03:35 PMLol @ DickfaceTAS pretending like he has a "don't be a dick" button. :D :lol:
Dude, I've got one, its just got a thick layer of dust covering it!!!

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sarumaru

bob

Quote from: Gredler on 12/27/2016, 03:28 PM...have fun in a way that I cannot relate to; like a group of people at a opera or country concert, or soccor fans.
dude... hockey is soccer on ice.

Gredler

If only I could relate and enjoy it -)

Arkhan Asylum

It kind of does affect us when they're cunts to people who then turn around and go "I don't feel like doing PCE projects anymore."

We have PCEWorks apologists prancing around saying they're awesome.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/31/2014, 07:12 PMfbowser.webp
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/31/2014, 06:10 PMfbpart2.png
/2v95cap.jpg
I shouldn't say facebook is entirely useless.  It's good for some lulz.

Tool tags and hatters gonna hat!  :lol:

Arkhan Asylum

OH yeah, I remember that now.  lol

I think that dude thought I was being serious though.  He didn't pick up on "all caps is not serious" and "sarcasm".

I like when people ask who made Atlantean, and I say "some fuckin homo.  dont buy things from him, hes an idiot".

and they never realize I'm the one who made it...

sometimes they figure it out and go "wait what"

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/27/2016, 07:08 PMI like when people ask who made Atlantean, and I say "some fuckin homo.  dont buy things from him, hes an idiot".
In fairness, you are telling the truth.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 12/27/2016, 03:13 PMBe-a-Dick.jpg
Isn't this your struggle in every thread?

Arkhan Asylum

Replace be with "suck", and maybe.

Gredler

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/27/2016, 06:10 PMIt kind of does affect us when they're cunts to people who then turn around and go "I don't feel like doing PCE projects anymore."

My low IQ and ignorance is fucking me up here again, so please feel free to rambroast me about this, but can you more specifically explane what happened and to who?

I saw someone positing about getting Bonknuts MegaMan,  and that soured me; but I just chopped it up to those dudes doing their madness.

Thick skin and accepting of piracy is something I have grown, but my IQ/ignorance helps with that I think

technozombie

I used to regularly check the Texas Retro Gamer page and then it turned into nothing but, buy my shit or look what shit I bought. I think there is just something wrong with society, look at the NES Classic. It's still being manufactured, WTF are people thinking.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 12/27/2016, 09:50 PMIsn't this your struggle in every thread?
Yeah, and what Psycho Arkhan said. The eternal struggle.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 12/27/2016, 10:50 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/27/2016, 06:10 PMIt kind of does affect us when they're cunts to people who then turn around and go "I don't feel like doing PCE projects anymore."

My low IQ and ignorance is fucking me up here again, so please feel free to rambroast me about this, but can you more specifically explane what happened and to who?

I saw someone positing about getting Bonknuts MegaMan,  and that soured me; but I just chopped it up to those dudes doing their madness.

Thick skin and accepting of piracy is something I have grown, but my IQ/ignorance helps with that I think
There exist idiots in FB groups that parade around talking about how great PCEWorks is, and how we shouldn't make fun of him.

...While simultaneously making fun of and ganging up on the people who worked on the things that  PCEWorks borrowed and profiteered off of without asking.   They are too stupid to realize that PCEWorks, and their bullshit, encourages people to NOT work on PCE stuff again.

More specifically, some cumbubble named Jordan Bayless was like ay dont talk shit about PCEWorks or ill punch you, and Bonknuts chimed in about how PCEworks lifted Bonknut's Megaman work to make money off of it.

Jordan Bayless turned around and basically said cry about it.   While high fiving his other friend.

They don't see the problem with PCEWorks, and are OK to tell everyone that PCEWorks is great, since free copies have been given out of all the bootlegs.

PCE Works is the equivalent of beating the shit out of Robin Hood, taking all the stuff he was going to give to the poor, and then reselling it.

There's nothing great about that.  Stealing the stuff back to redistribute correctly doesn't wash PCEWorks of his guilt/fuckups.

People need to stop talking about how cool he is.

He's a cocksucking piece of shit, and I hope he gets his dick stuck in a car door that speeds away.

NightWolve

Quote from: Nulltard on 12/27/2016, 03:35 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 12/27/2016, 03:13 PMBe-a-Dick.jpg
Lol @ DickfaceTAS pretending like he has a "don't be a dick" button. :D :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gredler

I wondered about that pce works mega man release.

What a shit show, as level headed and apologetic I try to be tobias's bullshit infuriates me. He is the problem, as much as the people supporting him. Is it the crack head or the dealer who should be blamed?

780racer

Quote from: Gredler on 12/28/2016, 02:23 AMIs it the crack head or the dealer who should be blamed?
Both.

I agree its gottwn really bad, I am part of a local FB group for retro games in general and its all shit now. I cant stand FB much outside of meeping in touch with family and friends.

Bloufo

FB is a cesspool.

The furthest I've gone with this "social networking" thing is that I have a twitter acc, but that's mostly for bugging my local municipality for power outages. :p

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gredler on 12/28/2016, 02:23 AMI wondered about that pce works mega man release.

What a shit show, as level headed and apologetic I try to be tobias's bullshit infuriates me. He is the problem, as much as the people supporting him. Is it the crack head or the dealer who should be blamed?
You blame both.

The crack dealer (PCEWorks) stole the drugs from someone that was giving it for free
and the crackheads (Idiots on FB) just buy it from him instead because he put it in a package that tickles their need to have stupid shit on their shelves.

had Tobias been less of a disingenuous cunt, didn't steal shit, and didn't treat things as mostly profiteering, he'd receive less hate and would be more well received.

Instead, he never interacts with the scene. 

"For the love of it"

where?  He never participates in anything.

780racer

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/28/2016, 04:11 AM"For the love of it"

where?  He never participates in anything.
He participates in taking the money for things he didn't make, for monies he doesn't deserve, for things that should be free.

esteban

OVERALL: I agree with the spirit of Arkhan's post, since I felt that maybe I was being lazy by simply ignoring Facebook/YouTube/social media for years and years.

Then I realized that it is simply a tool/platform...and even if we can never *truly* clean up a cesspool, we can at least be "beacons of reason" ... I am *not* even talking about arguing with folks. That would be exhausting. I am simply suggesting that the reasonable PCE folks should have a presence on social media, too. EVEN IF WE FUNCTION SOLELY AS RELIABLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION.

Then again, I'll be honest: I don't want to actually have a Facebook account. Ha!

MY MANTRA: We won't save the scene, or even a person, from idiocy, but that does *not* mean we should sit on our hairy asses. Even a *trivial* effort, on our part, would be worthwhile, IMHO.

I might make a tongue-in-cheek PSA, if only for entertainment.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/28/2016, 01:27 AMThere's nothing great about that.  Stealing the stuff back to redistribute correctly doesn't wash PCEWorks of his guilt/fuckups.

People need to stop talking about how cool he is.

He's a cocksucking piece of shit, and I hope he gets his dick stuck in a car door that speeds away.
As far as villainous behavior goes, Tobias is quite good at it. Its a masterful stroke of evil, given that he's essentially gotten the community to split by giving away free shit.

On one hand, you've got the people who defend him now, because OMG FREE GAMEZ. These people don't give two shits about who he screws in the past, present OR future. 

On the other hand, you've got people that have been screwed by him, or support those who have been screwed by him. They see he's just a shyster.

So, he gets these two parts of the community to flame each other, rather than a united front against him. Sounds like shit the Joker would pull.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG