RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: geise on 10/22/2010, 11:20 AMI finally broke down and bought a PS3.  It was a recertified 40gb model from Newegg for $224.  I got it mainly for a blueray player.  Also having a huge gift card for there helped.  I also just bought Ridge Racer 7 since I'm a RR whore.  There are some games coming out down the road that are for the PS3 only I want to pick up, like Ni no Kuni. (although there is a DS version as well but will be different)
Congrats man it's a pretty solid console i know i enjoy it's exclusive.Such as Demon's Souls,Uncharted 1&2,3d Dot Game Heroes,MetalGear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain etc.Btw my psn is listed in my sig if you ever want to add me.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Colossus1574

Quote from: geise on 10/22/2010, 12:35 PMI'm also waiting to find out which version of Fist of the North Star-Ken's Rage is better.  I am a huge Hakuto no Ken fan and want to make sure I get the one that is the better version.  (like Bayoneta)
Same here buddy!  I saw the PS3 trailor and was blown away by the Hokuto-ness! I've been a fan since discovering the old anime movie back in the early 90s...only then did I realize that "Last Battle" for Genesis was actually Fist for the MegaDrive  :dance:
Now if only Sega was smart enough to release their Fist 1-on-1 fighter that was in the arcade few years ago for online play....AMAZING 2d animation and game engine, pretty much Capcom Vs. Marvel w/ Hokuto characters except they each had classic finishing moves as well and minus all the manic double screen jumping!

geise

Thanks for the link!  Yeah Hakuto no Ken is one of my favorites.  5 Star Stories is my 2nd.  I remember the manga from the 80's.  My neighbor had a ton of it.  He showed me Last Battle and mentioned that it was a US version of Hakuto no Ken.  I was really impressed with the manga.  In 91 my bro wen to a comicon and got a dub of the Steamline version of the anime movie.  I've been a huge fan since.

I have always wanted to play that arcade version you linked.  Isn't that arcade game on the ps2?

henrycsc

Thanks to Opethian, I now have Raisin Bar II
/pa250888.jpg

and it looks like I've nabbed US Magical Chase  :dance: and PCE Raiden  :dance:

So that means that Steam Heart's is the last shooter (US and Japan) that I need to find.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Mathius

SuperDeadite

@henrycsc, when you say all the shooters.  Are you counting just the stand alone normal releases, or everything?  Like Darius Alpha, Soldier Special Versions, Cychorider, Force Gear, etc?  Either way congrats, a noble goal.  Though personally I have no need for games such as Legion.  :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

If you count the everything you will get 111 shewtaz :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

PCE is the best for chewtemups
IMG

henrycsc

Force Gear is a new one to me is it on Tokimeki Memorial?  Unless there are other hidden ones, I do have them all.
Wanted:

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SuperDeadite

Quote from: henrycsc on 10/26/2010, 08:34 PMForce Gear is a new one to me is it on Tokimeki Memorial?  Unless there are other hidden ones, I do have them all.
Yes Force Gear is in Tokimeki.  I know SomerAssault has a secret shooter game hidden in it (though it really sucks).  Probably more that I don't know of too.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

turbogrfxfan

finally bought it came from desert manual from sparks and 2 cd games for a penny and 2 bucks!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Tatsujin

Quote from: henrycsc on 10/26/2010, 08:34 PMForce Gear is a new one to me is it on Tokimeki Memorial?  Unless there are other hidden ones, I do have them all.
So then you're being on par with me bro  =D&gt;
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

bartre

just ordered a copy of JB harold murder club, seems a little different and fun
plus, $8 ain't bad for a TG game anymore...

blueraven

Parts to repair a broken DS.

Turbo System Card 2.0, & Manual for Splatterhouse.

Colossus1574

Quote from: bartre on 10/27/2010, 12:43 AMjust ordered a copy of JB harold murder club, seems a little different and fun
plus, $8 ain't bad for a TG game anymore...
It's got some great Jazz music, and some funny ass voice acting!
I found it more fun/playable then Sherlock Holmes when it came to TG16 mystery games.

bartre

spent some monies today, got:
Dragon's Curse (TG)
Bebe's Kids (SNES)
Funny World & Balloon boy (GEN)
Resident Evil Director's cut (PS1)
Gyromite (w/ converter)(NES)
Batman revenge of the joker (GEN)
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing collection II (DVD)

Sparky

its been awhile since i found some decent Atari carts and ones i need :)
also found a couple coleco games and another ps2 socom headset, this thing works great on the ps3...  & oh ya a big f@cking skull :P

IMG

turbogrfxfan

ha ha i like the festive photo sparks!!!  That makes uf haul a 10/10!!!    I just got veigus tatical gladiator for 78 bucks shipped   ***** I ment to write 8 bucks.  at first I thought it was seven than remembered it being 7!!  thanks for the reem!!!  i knew i could count on u guys!!!  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380281162695&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I also got image fight for 14.  which I cant wait to play!!!

NecroPhile

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 10/28/2010, 06:26 PMI just got veigus tatical gladiator for 78 bucks shipped
I hoped you at least got some KY with that fucking.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2010, 06:40 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 10/28/2010, 06:26 PMI just got veigus tatical gladiator for 78 bucks shipped
I hoped you at least got some KY with that fucking.
It must have been slabbed!
All is well. :)

blueraven

Nice haul Sparky :) How is that Superman game?

BlueBMW

turbogfxfan sent me some unexpected goodies!  I was expecting just a loosie Ave 6 pad... instead look at what he sent me!!!!

/turbohaul.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Digi.k

just got back from midnight launch of Fable III here in london UK.. plus.. wasn't expecting this but some of the Lionhead developers and directors were there to sign my copy XD plus I got goody bag XD XD XD XD

/Photo0709.jpg
/Photo0710.jpg
/IMG_4977.jpg

csgx1

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/28/2010, 09:06 PMturbogfxfan sent me some unexpected goodies!  I was expecting just a loosie Ave 6 pad... instead look at what he sent me!!!!
Those are some mighty fine PCE items right there.  Looks like Xmas came early for you. :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/28/2010, 09:22 PMjust got back from midnight launch of Fable III here in london UK.. plus.. wasn't expecting this but some of the Lionhead developers and directors were there to sign my copy XD plus I got goody bag XD XD XD XD
Cool stuff!  Who's the girl? :lol:  Although that second picture isn't terribly flattering :-k
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

henrycsc

Awesome BMW!  Congrats!  Teh Avenue 6ler

Fable is awesome - congrats on the goodies Digi.k
Wanted:

Mathius

A Murai adapter!!! :shock: Those things don't come cheap!!!

Congrats on the Fable III signage, Digi K!

Mathius

Just got me a good deal on a Japanese Saturn pad. Hopefully it works on my US Saturn. If not, I can just get me a Japanese Saturn in the future.

I hear these controllers are some of the best ever made for any platform. Here is the auction I won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=280578561342&si=ZJa37DWC2uam%252BP7O%252B4yTiXANUgU%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Joe Redifer

The Japanese Saturn pad will work on the US unit ONLY if you region mod the system.  You also need to modify the video signal from NTSC-U to NTSC-J or it will not work.  Finally, you need a Pro Action Replay cartridge (must be v 1.1, no higher or lower!!) and will need to input the code:
F6000924 C305
B7002800 0000
F6000524 C305
B6002800 0000
160A6870 0200
160A6800 0063
F6000914 C305
B6002800 0000

So it's pretty easy and works great!  Oh, and you'll need to put a 1k resistor and a twin-pot transformer in the Japanese pad on wire 3.

Or you can just plug it in without doing any of the steps above and enjoy it.  :)

Mathius

God, Joe! You had me going there you devious bastard! :lol:  :mrgreen:

Digi.k

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/28/2010, 09:31 PMCool stuff!  Who's the girl? :lol:  Although that second picture isn't terribly flattering :-k
that's this lady

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/28/2010, 09:06 PMturbogfxfan sent me some unexpected goodies!  I was expecting just a loosie Ave 6 pad... instead look at what he sent me!!!!
Very nice.  I want a PCE copy of Godzilla so I can unlock the last two monsters for VS fights; I tried to order one recently, but it was out of stock.  :(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Not bad for $18 new for both at TRU.

/e4cc4a74.jpg

Mathius

Received Blood Gear today! It's a great action/RPG, but I wish I knew Japanese. :( Maybe I will try Rosetta Stone.

Opethian

IMG
Finally got this elusive DVD and FLT thanks to Beamer!
IMG

blueraven

Ys7 Limited Edition, a 1.5TB HD, and Windows 7 Student Upgrade.

nectarsis

Colossus1574

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/01/2010, 11:07 PM/439a259c.jpg
KungFu Hustle is nothing compared to Shaolin Soccer!!!  Don't forget the cheesier Stephen Chow classics the Fight Back to School series and God of Gamber series :)

nectarsis

I still need the Fight Back to Schools...look AWESOME.  IMO Hustle beats Shaolin Soccer handily.  I mean Soccer is a GREAT film..but Hustle is easily a top 5 film of all time for me (especially when you throw in classic HK actors/actresses, with a dash of old Shaw stars)  ;)

turbogrfxfan

i Like kung fu hustle better.  ha ha I even bought kung fu hustle umd for psp last night along w jackass 2 and 3

TheClash603

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 11/02/2010, 07:21 PMi Like kung fu hustle better.  ha ha I even bought kung fu hustle umd for psp last night along w jackass 2 and 3
Bootleg Jackass 3 UMD?

turbogrfxfan

Joe Redifer

I don't know how anyone could make a bootleg UMD.  It's a format that nobody cares about.  It would take a great amount of effort to bootleg Jackass 3D onto a UMD.  I don't think it is really Jackass 3D but probably volume 3 of the insipid TV show itself.

TheClash603

Joe is right, less the insipid part.

...and he also crushed my dreams of getting rich on bootleg UMDs.

Joe Redifer

Ha ha.  Well I think it's insipid.  You think it is art.  Maybe we're both wrong?

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/03/2010, 06:22 PMHa ha.  Well I think it's insipid.  You think it is art.  Maybe we're both wrong?
what in the hell does insiped mean? : )

Joe Redifer

turbogrfxfan

Opethian

IMG