@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Retropalooza Dallas(Arlington) 2017, diary of a fanboy

Started by majors, 10/08/2017, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majors

My little day trip is over...

Got up at 4am to get ready, hit the road little after 4:30am. Got to airport little after 6am...parked, got through security and had luck getting on 7:30am flight to Dallas. Got in DFW little after 9am, got a Lyft...made it to Retropalooza venue right at 10am when the doors opened. Walked around the dealers room(not much for me). Had a chili dog, played some Keith in the "console area" of the con...WEAK! 11:45am, went to the panel room that Joe and Dave where gonna be at and sat through 15 minutes of non-Game Sack youtubers(Chasers? maybe). Then the main event...55 minutes of my the best damn youtube guys out there...GAME SACK in the flesh! After the panel, got my shit signed, shook hands and called Lyft to get my ass back to the airport to catch the 3:30pm flight(I could not get on the 2:30, it was full). Get back to Charlotte around 7pm, dropped of some speakers'n stuff to a buddy who lives down there, then drove back home...got back to post this at 10pm. Full day for a REAL Sack fan...

As for the show, saw a $5 loose P-47...talked seller down to $4 :) had to liberate it from it's display case misery. A few US Turbo to be seen from other vendors...all expected prices. P-47 seller also had a spine faded Riot Zone for $40, but I was 'meh. One seller had some CPS2 boards...common fodder but he did have a Slammasters(grey...cps 1.5 or Q??) that I would have tried to get if I wasn't flying(I had no baggage). I was only there Sunday, so someone could have snatched up other obey for sale. The event can def grow...had lot of open space on the console/tournament side...either more consoles setup for free play or cabs. But I think the main draw for this type of show is the hollytubers and dealers room. I over heard a dealer bitching about the kibosh on booze in the venue and the hotel public areas...not that that would prevent me with contraband if I ever go again for multiple days.

IMG
IMG

This guy has the loose P-47...he had prices on all his stuff unlike other sellers...I mentioned that to him and thanked him. As he said..."I've got nothing to hide". Sellers like that need to be rewarded with our business. I did not get on him about the Sparky labels(?) since he was selling for a buck each.

IMG

[edit, fix pics]
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esteban

I don't see photos, but the write up was great.

:)

Goddamn, I never would be able to pull off such a crazy, one-day journey and make it back home so early!

You gotta tell us about any interesting anecdotes from GameSack after you've had a good rest.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Pics no worky, but it sounds like you had a fun day (if long).  Did Joe slap ya with his game sack?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

Awesome.  I've met a few guys with sparksters labels and donor cases, but so far they have all been members here and were all up front about the labels when I asked.  (not sure if sparkman gave them permission).  Yes you must share anything interesting the Sack boys had to say!!!!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

majors

Quote from: esteban on 10/08/2017, 11:38 PMYou gotta tell us about any interesting anecdotes from GameSack ...
Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/09/2017, 12:58 PM...you must share anything interesting the Sack boys had to say!!!!
Joe and Dave just do a Q and A session for their panels. Some talk of upcoming episodes, along with Joes' new drone toy he used for the recent Game Gear show. Some ideas for future episodes were mentioned from the attendees such as fav music composers. They want to do more partnering up with other youtube folks but Joe wants to do it in person instead of transferring video over the internets(loss of quality). They mentioned they only use real hardware that has clean video(no RF recordings for Joe!) and some folks in the audience seemed to want to lend out some more obscure hardware for them to use.  I saw the two guys next to me record the panel but dunno if they uploaded it yet.

There was a young gamer whose dad asked if Joe could do the "GREENDAWG!" since his kid loves it when Joe does it on the show...that got a laugh from the crowd. It's nice to see other fans of the show.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

That's a lot of Turbobs for sale.  I'd hate to know what he wanted for the Exile WP.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

That actually sounds like a nice fun panel. 

IDK about crossovers with others but maybe they can convince me.

I'll keep coming back for the GREENDAWGS
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!