Lucretia - Demon Princess (鬼姫の呪い in Japan) NOW IN BETA TESTING

Started by OldRover, 05/26/2013, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

Seeing these screenshots reminds me that i need to preorder this soon. It's looking great! :D

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Mathius on 03/11/2015, 09:18 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/11/2015, 09:00 PMHow is the hitbox on the main character? I'm always concerned when the player sprite is large in a shooter, because it can greatly complicate dodging (dodgery?).
When I play old-school shooters with a large main character I always find myself wishing that they had had the foresight to reduce the size of their hitbox. Not quite bullet-hell small but just small enough to skillfully weave in and out of enemy traffic.
I gotta agree, I feel that the hit box should be smaller then the character, big hitboxes always feel cheap to me.
IMG

OldRover

The player hitbox is considerably smaller than their sprite. Additionally, your characters can move around the screen pretty quickly, and the donut powerup will let you move around even faster.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 03/12/2015, 08:17 PMThe player hitbox is considerably smaller than their sprite. Additionally, your characters can move around the screen pretty quickly, and the donut powerup will let you move around even faster.
Donuts do not move swiftly.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

OldRover

...in a game where four women fly around on broomsticks and shoot elemental bolts at hookah-smoking, fez-wearing camels who sit on magic carpets, I'm sure the hardest thing to believe is that donuts make you move faster... :lol:
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 03/13/2015, 02:23 AM...in a game where four women fly around on broomsticks and shoot elemental bolts at hookah-smoking, fez-wearing camels who sit on magic carpets, I'm sure the hardest thing to believe is that donuts make you move faster... :lol:
Glazed donuts = speed-up

The science is solid.

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 03/13/2015, 07:20 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 03/13/2015, 02:23 AM...in a game where four women fly around on broomsticks and shoot elemental bolts at hookah-smoking, fez-wearing camels who sit on magic carpets, I'm sure the hardest thing to believe is that donuts make you move faster... :lol:
Glazed donuts = speed-up

The science is solid.
Yeah, it's a temporary effect though - remember John Belushi's secret ?

IMG

Mathius

roflmao

SkyeWelse

Looks really nice Old Rover. Looking forward to seeing a video of it soon. : )

-Thomas

whisper2053

Just a curiosity, Rover...are the dev forums for this still active? I log in periodically to check on the testing stuff, but noone ever seems to be around :(
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

esteban

Quote from: whisper2053 on 03/15/2015, 01:43 AMJust a curiosity, Rover...are the dev forums for this still active? I log in periodically to check on the testing stuff, but noone ever seems to be around :(
Everyone is playing Evolve. That's why no one seems to be around.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SkyeWelse on 03/14/2015, 07:23 PMLooks really nice Old Rover. Looking forward to seeing a video of it soon. : )

-Thomas
Your signature makes me want to see Fray and Lilia go at it.

naked
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

touko

How about sfx, always in adpcm or have been squirelized ??

OldRover

SFX are both ADPCM and PSG. It does not use Squirrel. At present, I only use Squirrel in one project, which is Eternal Silence.

touko

ok thanks .
Good to see that sfx are not limited to adpcm only  ..

Elder

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Is this still a thing? It's fine if it's just going to take a while (I waited ten years for Mysterious Song), but there should either be updates or preorders should be refunded.
Topic Adjourned.

OldRover

It's still a thing... there's just not much to update people with, as I have very little new to show without giving too much away. :) Want to keep at least *some* of the game a fresh surprise...

mrhaboobi

any idea of rough ETA around when it may come out?  im pretty sure i pre ordered eons ago :)  so just wanting for it to arrive
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Mathius

If you need to put someone here in charge of PR to keep info coming out to the fans I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 12/17/2015, 03:12 PMIt's still a thing... there's just not much to update people with, as I have very little new to show without giving too much away. :) Want to keep at least *some* of the game a fresh surprise...
Thank you :)

I know it will be worth the wait...and I concur: no more spoilers :)

roflmao

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/20/2015, 02:19 PMAn ETA sure would be nice. 1 month? 1 year? 10 years? :)
I can tell you this:

< decade, guaranteed.

OldRover

It will be 2016, that is assured... and unfortunately, is the only thing that is assured.

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 12/20/2015, 08:11 PMIt will be 2016, that is assured... and unfortunately, is the only thing that is assured.
PS - it's 2016

incrediblehark

Glad to hear this game is still happening! I cant remember how long it was since preorders.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

OldRover

Been awhile since I had anything new to report on this, but now I do... with the addition of Sarumaru to our art staff, things have started to move forward again.

IMG
IMG

esteban

Hmmmm, how can I put my feeling into words?

SPLENDID.

Motherf@cking splendid.

TheClash603

HailingTheThings

IMG

seieienbu

I like how Saru draws eyes.

I'm also quite glad to hear this is moving forward.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

OldRover

esteban

OldRover

We had Lucretia on display for a short while at Lvl Up Expo... and it was beating people like a bitch. It may be too hard a game for the commoner. :lol:

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 05/16/2016, 12:47 AMWe had Lucretia on display for a short while at Lvl Up Expo... and it was beating people like a bitch. It may be too hard a game for the commoner. :lol:
You'll have to put in "collectard mode" ...but don't let that mode have access to the last _____ stage(s)...or last boss...

That's a fair compromise.

:)

ToyMachine78

OldRover

We have some forward progress! :)

lucretia-0373.png lucretia-0374.png
lucretia-0375.png

New character portraits... a small step towards completion but a step nonetheless.

OldRover

TheClash603

I recommend changing the title of the game to incorporate the word MILF.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/23/2016, 07:45 AMI recommend changing the title of the game to incorporate the word MILF.
I recommend...well...the same thing.

....boobies.....

Sarumaru

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

spenoza

Zamy is too classy for you clowns. She is waifu to no man!