@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obfuscate

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/07/2010, 01:04 PMI took a few passes at Aero Blasters last night but didn't get any farther than level 5. 
It's a tough one, been playing myself the last week again. Going to have to take a break though. The last level is really starting to piss me off, I get there with 2-3 continues and still have yet to reach the final boss. It seems like a game that's real fun to play for a few days then you have to take some time off or Controllers get broken. Someday I'll beat that Mother...

CGQuarterly

I stayed up pretty late last night playing Bonk's Revenge. Bonk's Adventure is a good game, but the sequel really takes it to the next level.

Chris

turbogrfxfan

Playin spriggan and its spriggan awesome!!!!  level three rocks!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/07/2010, 08:21 PMPlayin spriggan and its spriggan awesome!!!!  level three rocks!
:lol:

Spriggan rulez!

I'm in the throws of Dragon Spirit. And just so it's clear:

Spriggan > Dragon Spirit.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nectarsis

Parodius Da...SUPERB game.  May alternate with Last Alert here shortly.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

unclebugspayton

Im playing Shadow of the Beast. My god! This Game is terrible!... Y is there rockets shooting at you in this game.

CGQuarterly

Played some Legendary Axe last night, then some Devil's Crush this morning before work.

Chris

henrycsc

I just got Super Star Parodier, pretty fun so far.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: henrycsc on 05/11/2010, 11:06 PMI just got Super Star Parodier, pretty fun so far.
It's a fun little shooter. The bosses are some of the coolest in any game. One boss is actually a main character from another game.
IMG

Obfuscate

OK, Finally beat Aero Blasters yesterday, was on my last life too. Finally I can put that one away. Now I think it's time to bang my head against a wall with some Super Star Soldier. Never made it past level 6 Boss on that one.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Obfuscate on 05/12/2010, 09:22 AMOK, Finally beat Aero Blasters yesterday
First Ceti beats it and now you??!?!?   ](*,) ](*,)  I've been playing AB on and off forever and I still can't do it!!!! :cry: :cry:
All is well. :)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Obfuscate on 05/12/2010, 09:22 AMOK, Finally beat Aero Blasters yesterday, was on my last life too. Finally I can put that one away. Now I think it's time to bang my head against a wall with some Super Star Soldier. Never made it past level 6 Boss on that one.
Congratulations!!  =D> =D>

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/12/2010, 06:25 PM
Quote from: Obfuscate on 05/12/2010, 09:22 AMOK, Finally beat Aero Blasters yesterday
First Ceti beats it and now you??!?!?   ](*,) ](*,)  I've been playing AB on and off forever and I still can't do it!!!! :cry: :cry:
lol Keep at 'er.  :)
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Im going to give spriggan a break and going to play psychic storm.  Its an ok game. its well done but there is just some stuff that i dont like.  Just for one, the ship and game moves so slow. but musics good graphics good, still feelin it out I guess

Obfuscate

First Ceti beats it and now you??!?!?   ](*,) ](*,)  I've been playing AB on and off forever and I still can't do it!!!! :cry: :cry:
It did take ALOT of plays before I finally beat it. Couple things that helped that I learned are the closer you get to enemies the faster they fall. This is very helpful on level 2,3,5,6 Bosses and a few other spots in levels where bigger enemies come out. Also, that jerk off on stage 5 with the red circles around him where he keeps firing bullets at you the best way I found is to not even shoot, just hold down the blaster button and erase those bullets as many times as possible. That guy use to beat me like 4 times every run till I started doing that. Either way it's one tough shooter.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Obfuscate on 05/13/2010, 09:35 AM
It did take ALOT of plays before I finally beat it. Couple things that helped that I learned are the closer you get to enemies the faster they fall. This is very helpful on level 2,3,5,6 Bosses and a few other spots in levels where bigger enemies come out. Also, that jerk off on stage 5 with the red circles around him where he keeps firing bullets at you the best way I found is to not even shoot, just hold down the blaster button and erase those bullets as many times as possible. That guy use to beat me like 4 times every run till I started doing that. Either way it's one tough shooter.
The blaster weapon is so important in this game. Not only does it clear out bullets, but it also slows you down, which is great for tight spots (the bullet dude and the last stage).
IMG

mukanshin

I beat Ys Book 2 today. I'd had a game saved for years near the end of the game but quit playing it. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing. Now I need to find another game to work on.

Mathius

Don't feel bad Roy V neither can I.

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/12/2010, 07:36 PMIm going to give spriggan a break and going to play psychic storm.  Its an ok game. its well done but there is just some stuff that i dont like.  Just for one, the ship and game moves so slow. but musics good graphics good, still feelin it out I guess
Hey man, don't EVER give SPRIGGAN a break. Its feelings are easily bruised.

Plus, Tatsujin here will come after you to make you remember!

Mathius

Finally sat and beat Air Zonk on my day off. 'Bout time, I guess.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 05/15/2010, 01:14 AM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/12/2010, 07:36 PMIm going to give spriggan a break and going to play psychic storm.  Its an ok game. its well done but there is just some stuff that i dont like.  Just for one, the ship and game moves so slow. but musics good graphics good, still feelin it out I guess
lol yeah I beat psychoc storm so me and spriggan made up.evean though I got monster lair in the mail today
Hey man, don't EVER give SPRIGGAN a break. Its feelings are easily bruised.

Arkhan Asylum

It's OK roy, we can't all be awesome at life.

:D

lol.

I am currently playing NINJA SPIRIT.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TurbografxKid

I've had "Soldier Blade" in my Turbo this week playing here and there. Last weekend it was Ninja Spirit. I might just switch back to that shortly.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Mathius on 05/15/2010, 01:13 AMDon't feel bad Roy V neither can I.
Quote from: Mathius on 05/15/2010, 01:14 AMHey man, don't EVER give SPRIGGAN a break. Its feelings are easily bruised.

Quote from: Mathius on 05/15/2010, 01:17 AMFinally sat and beat Air Zonk on my day off. 'Bout time, I guess.
No need to triple post.  Your keyboard has an 'Enter' key for a reason; use it.

In Ceti's honor, I was pwned repeatedly in Dragon Spirit.  After which, in an effort to keep my sanity and to prevent the untimely demise of a controller, I played about three-fourths the way through Neutopia.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2010, 11:22 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/15/2010, 01:13 AMDon't feel bad Roy V neither can I.
Quote from: Mathius on 05/15/2010, 01:14 AMHey man, don't EVER give SPRIGGAN a break. Its feelings are easily bruised.

Quote from: Mathius on 05/15/2010, 01:17 AMFinally sat and beat Air Zonk on my day off. 'Bout time, I guess.
No need to triple post.  Your keyboard has an 'Enter' key for a reason; use it.

In Ceti's honor, I was pwned repeatedly in Dragon Spirit.  After which, in an effort to keep my sanity and to prevent the untimely demise of a controller, I played about three-fourths the way through Neutopia.
Sorries :cry:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2010, 11:22 AMIn Ceti's honor, I was pwned repeatedly in Dragon Spirit.  After which, in an effort to keep my sanity and to prevent the untimely demise of a controller, I played about three-fourths the way through Neutopia.
haha. I appreciate the effort.  :lol:
IMG

Mathius

Received a copy of Ninja Gaiden for the PCE. Graphics are amazing, especially when I have been used to playing the NES version my whole life. Music is not as good, though. And, thank the pc engine gods they included a code to translate all the text into English. In Chris Bucci's review he commented that the sound effects aren't as good as the NES version, but I kinda like 'em. :wink:

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 05/17/2010, 05:38 PMReceived a copy of Ninja Gaiden for the PCE. Graphics are amazing, especially when I have been used to playing the NES version my whole life. Music is not as good, though. And, thank the pc engine gods they included a code to translate all the text into English. In Chris Bucci's review he commented that the sound effects aren't as good as the NES version, but I kinda like 'em. :wink:
Kick ass!!  I gotta get my hands on that.  Does it have the cut scenes like nes? If so are they better, worse, different, what????

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/17/2010, 07:14 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/17/2010, 05:38 PMReceived a copy of Ninja Gaiden for the PCE. Graphics are amazing, especially when I have been used to playing the NES version my whole life. Music is not as good, though. And, thank the pc engine gods they included a code to translate all the text into English. In Chris Bucci's review he commented that the sound effects aren't as good as the NES version, but I kinda like 'em. :wink:
Kick ass!!  I gotta get my hands on that.  Does it have the cut scenes like nes? If so are they better, worse, different, what????
They are exactly the same with the exception of better graphics during the cinemas. Here is a link to Chris Bucci's review:

https://www.youtube.com/user/spida1a#p/u/42/poL0r0ieVQI

TR0N

Spida has the legendary axe II review up all ready.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 05/17/2010, 11:34 PMSpida has the legendary axe II review up all ready.
Yep, already saw it :wink:

Kicks ass as always!

gekioh

Currently playing nuthin TG-16, cause my turbo is out getting region modded, total sweetness right! Cant wait to get it back this weekend and start playing some Japanese Hu'ys

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: gekioh on 05/18/2010, 08:59 PMCurrently playing nuthin TG-16, cause my turbo is out getting region modded, total sweetness right! Cant wait to get it back this weekend and start playing some Japanese Hu'ys
NICE!!!!!

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 05/18/2010, 01:33 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/17/2010, 11:34 PMSpida has the legendary axe II review up all ready.

Kicks ass as always!
Yeah good stuff there to me legendary axe II is still a rastan clone,wich isn't a bad thing at all.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 05/18/2010, 11:35 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/18/2010, 01:33 AM

Kicks ass as always!
Yeah good stuff there to me legendary axe II is still a rastan clone,wich isn't a bad thing at all.
Yeah, That's what I always thought about the game as well. Definitely NOT a bad thing.

Mathius

Genji Tsushin Agadama was waitin' on me in my mailbox this morning :dance: Got to play it for just a bit after work. It's a really great game similar to Monster Lair. Graphics are nice and colorful. Not much parallax though, but that isn't too big of a deal.

San Juan Wolf

Well I recently finished Legendary Axe II . Not bad though am not sure if I will revisit it soon .

Also not sure what to play next , realy .

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 05/22/2010, 06:07 AMWell I recently finished Legendary Axe II . Not bad though am not sure if I will revisit it soon .

Also not sure what to play next , realy .
What are some of your options?
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/22/2010, 11:06 AMWhat are some of your options?
yeah, the PCE has most possible options open! so not so hard to choose another one :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

San Juan Wolf

"Hero Agen" (something something , know it only by file name)
"Night Creatures"
"Parodius"
"Silent Debuggers"
"Splatterhouse"
"Talespin"
"Wonder Boy 2"
"Yo Bro"

Some of the files curently at my diposition (have more elsewhere)

Mathius

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 05/22/2010, 11:24 AM"Hero Agen" (something something , know it only by file name)
"Night Creatures"
"Parodius"
"Silent Debuggers"
"Splatterhouse"
"Talespin"
"Wonder Boy 2"
"Yo Bro"

Some of the files curently at my diposition (have more elsewhere)
I'd go with Parodius Da!. Here is a link to get you salivating:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/parodius/parodius.htm

turbogrfxfan

my parodius da is in the mail.  I cant wait to play that frikkin game.  oh and Im going to play spriggan and Im going to beat it today

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/22/2010, 12:03 PMmy parodius da is in the mail.  I cant wait to play that frikkin game.  oh and Im going to play spriggan and Im going to beat it today
Sweet! I am planning on buying Parodius Da! this week sometime. I was surprised how affordable it is for such a great game. In fact, all the Parodius releases are inexpensive. As soon as I get a Saturn I will be buying Sexy Parodius. I read that it's the best of the series.

As for Spriggan, good luck with the final boss. I had to use a cheat code to beat him. But, I didn't cheat until I got to him. Played the game honestly until then.

San Juan Wolf

Well I went with Wonderboy 2 but in Round 6 I can't figure out how to not fall in the spikes off of those falling blocks .

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 05/22/2010, 12:12 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/22/2010, 12:03 PMmy parodius da is in the mail.  I cant wait to play that frikkin game.  oh and Im going to play spriggan and Im going to beat it today
Sweet! I am planning on buying Parodius Da! this week sometime. I was surprised how affordable it is for such a great game. In fact, all the Parodius releases are inexpensive. As soon as I get a Saturn I will be buying Sexy Parodius. I read that it's the best of the series.

As for Spriggan, good luck with the final boss. I had to use a cheat code to beat him. But, I didn't cheat until I got to him. Played the game honestly until then.
yeah I paid like 25 bucks for it.  I really like odd games like that.  If you have any others that are off the beatin path let me know. perhaps I skipped one..  I didnt know of a spriggan code..  i think i could beat em.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/22/2010, 01:18 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/22/2010, 12:12 PM

yeah I paid like 25 bucks for it.  I really like odd games like that.  If you have any others that are off the beatin path let me know. perhaps I skipped one..  I didnt know of a spriggan code..  i think i could beat em.
Go with Parodius DA.
IMG

Mathius

Did a 1CC with Blazing Lazers! That's my first time beating the game too. SA-WEEEET! :D

blueraven

Ceti Alpha

Would you guess I'm still playing Dragon Spirit?  :x
IMG

RoyVegas

Played some Riot Zone, Salamander, Raiden and Beyond Shadowgate last night.
All is well. :)

blueraven