@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gogan

Currently tryin out my new Arcade card duo with Fatal Fury 2, not too bad, the different fighting plane is interesting, but I have yet to master many of the moves.
Nothin beats the real thing.

BlueBMW

I've been hammering on Air Zonk for a while now.  Honestly I love the music!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

kid_rondeau

Ok, so I just beat World Class Baseball...what a rush! I don't know if I just got lucky, or if the final team isn't as good as they're made out to be. (On a side note, the manual says the champion team is the "Turbo Tigers", but as far as I can see they're just called the "Champs".)

But I beat them 8-6, and I was very freaked out to see that my usual post-game sportscaster lady was replaced by some kind of ugly "Planet of The Apes" style being, with a red vest emblazoned with the letters "P C".

I will probably have nightmares about that ugly thing.

Damaramu

I'm playing an old favorite, Cosmic Fantasy II.

I beat this game back in the '93 and picked up a new sealed copy (along with Exile) that was being clearanced out on Ebay via TZD.

Looking forward to picking up the other games in the series now that I've got a Duo RX.  :dance:

turbogrfxfan

played insanity.  the game gets pretty fun.  I really like the music and i like how it picks up after 10000 points.  the music gets pretty intense at that point as well
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

lord_cack

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/12/2010, 03:39 PMParodius DA
And listening to the Rolling Stones? ???

But Seriously, I have been playing Air Zonk and Blazing Lazers.... sucking at both but still having a good time....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

BlueBMW

Just got Lords of Thunder.  Never played it before.  Im sucking at it but still loving it!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

kid_rondeau

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2010, 04:23 PMJust got Lords of Thunder.  Never played it before.  Im sucking at it but still loving it!
"You need practice, alright? Practice, practice, prac-pratice."

BlueBMW

I beat the first four levels (Dezant, Auzal, Llamarada, and Bosque) on normal so far.  But man I'll definitely have some practicing to do!  I've never been that great at video games.  I can usually win with some persistence, but not always easily.

kid_rondeau

Hey Blue,
Every LoT fan should be familiar with this video...most of us got it in the mail. I still have the VHS somewhere, I believe.
But for the line I was quoting, go to 2:47.

You're welcome!

airzonk68

Been working on Bomberman 93 for the past week - having trouble with last Boss on Level 6 (the instruction guide states there are 6 levels (worlds) to clear - 8 stages each) -  finally beat Mr Stoomper (you'll know what i mean when you get to his level) - getting ready for my ending credits of victory and the BOOM!!!!!!!! - Off my Mr Bomberman got swept into Level (world) 7 - some type of mystery/bonus continuation before the REAL ending  :oops: - oh well, i will keep you posted on progress - also hanging with Air Zonk, Devil's Crush and Super Star Soldier for some quick 30 minute play -

JapanTokei

I love playing Tenchi o Warou - aka Dynasty Warriors.  Grew up playing this game in the Arcades in Asia.  It's da shit for Romance of 3 Kingdoms fans for sure.  The PCE version omitted the 2 player mode, but I found it immensely enjoyable still.  Here are some showoff sequence after I beat it  :mrgreen:

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

DJLobo

Played and beat Vigilante over the weekend. Easy brawler. I made it to the last boss on my first play through. Cover art for the PC Engine version is cool. JapanTokei - Damn, I didn't know there was a Dynasty Warriors game for the PC Engine. I'll have to pick up a copy. Those screen shots look fantastic.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: DJLobo on 08/23/2010, 12:49 PMPlayed and beat Vigilante over the weekend. Easy brawler. I made it to the last boss on my first play through. Cover art for the PC Engine version is cool. JapanTokei - Damn, I didn't know there was a Dynasty Warriors game for the PC Engine. I'll have to pick up a copy. Those screen shots look fantastic.
once I get back into the swing of things (owning a duo again)  I'd love to try this one out!:
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/23/2010, 01:24 PM
Quote from: DJLobo on 08/23/2010, 12:49 PMPlayed and beat Vigilante over the weekend. Easy brawler. I made it to the last boss on my first play through. Cover art for the PC Engine version is cool. JapanTokei - Damn, I didn't know there was a Dynasty Warriors game for the PC Engine. I'll have to pick up a copy. Those screen shots look fantastic.
once I get back into the swing of things (owning a duo again)  I'd love to try this one out!:
Better start looking for that game cuz you'll have a duo again soon!

TurbografxKid

I seem to be addicted to Soldier Blade at the moment. Love the music in that game.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: TurbografxKid on 08/23/2010, 07:23 PMI seem to be addicted to Soldier Blade at the moment. Love the music in that game.
soldier blade is tits!!!

Colossus1574

finally hooked up my PC engine after years and years of neglect....just played some MotoRoader with my cousin, bro & gf ! finished in 3rd, missed 2nd place by 2 points goddamnit!   and also playing TwinCobra!  great classic shooter!  Hopefully will move on to some SCD goodness in the coming days  [-o&lt;

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: TurbografxKid on 08/23/2010, 07:23 PMI seem to be addicted to Soldier Blade at the moment. Love the music in that game.
Soldier Blade is awesome!

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 08/24/2010, 03:49 AMfinally hooked up my PC engine after years and years of neglect....just played some MotoRoader with my cousin, bro & gf ! finished in 3rd, missed 2nd place by 2 points goddamnit!   and also playing TwinCobra!  great classic shooter!  Hopefully will move on to some SCD goodness in the coming days  [-o&lt;
Sweeet! How's Twin Cobra?
IMG

Colossus1574

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/24/2010, 08:47 AM
Quote from: Colossus1574 on 08/24/2010, 03:49 AMfinally hooked up my PC engine after years and years of neglect....just played some MotoRoader with my cousin, bro & gf ! finished in 3rd, missed 2nd place by 2 points goddamnit!   and also playing TwinCobra!  great classic shooter!  Hopefully will move on to some SCD goodness in the coming days  [-o&lt;
Sweeet! How's Twin Cobra?
Twin Cobra was the 1st thing i popped in after all this time off from the PCE, haha. And i dunno how, but maybe cause i'm more a "mature/calm/patient" player now but i somehow can actually get further then when in my prime PCE days back in the 90s!!! WTF??? (including the 3 limited continues of course  :dance: )  Stage 8 or 9 for any of u who happen to be playing TwinCobra as well out there, haha

turbogrfxfan

I like that game.  who cares if its easy I like the grafx and its just fun.  I like to play it while im waiting for someone to come pick me up or if I need to kill time and not really pay attention

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/23/2010, 03:27 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/23/2010, 01:24 PM
Better start looking for that game cuz you'll have a duo again soon!
Dude that just made my week!!  :D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Colossus1574

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/20/2010, 09:55 AMI love playing Tenchi o Warou - aka Dynasty Warriors.  Grew up playing this game in the Arcades in Asia.  It's da shit for Romance of 3 Kingdoms fans for sure.  The PCE version omitted the 2 player mode, but I found it immensely enjoyable still.  Here are some showoff sequence after I beat it  :mrgreen:
I got this one too because i liked it so much from the old arcade days!  It's just too bad it seems like the music sounds more like chip music then a SCD game. Can't remember how different the endings were if u used Zhao Yun instead of say Liu Bei, ZhangFei or Guan Yu.  :-k

hoobs88

Over the 3 day Easter weekend, I have been playing "Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu" and I am proud to say that I have finally beaten it!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/20/2010, 09:55 AMI love playing Tenchi o Warou - aka Dynasty Warriors.  Grew up playing this game in the Arcades in Asia.  It's da shit for Romance of 3 Kingdoms fans for sure.  The PCE version omitted the 2 player mode, but I found it immensely enjoyable still.  Here are some showoff sequence after I beat it  :mrgreen:

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
wow man U really do like that game! :)  To me it looked nice but was way to repetative and the whole time i just wanted to jump off my horse and start poundin people.  it also seemed to be watered down from the originl

thesteve

roflmao

I got Bomberman 94, Super Star Soldier and Final Soldier in the mail yesterday so I spent way too much time playing those (I love how you can customize the weapon types in Final Soldier!).  But mostly I've been playing Devil's Crush and Ys Books I & II lately.  I am determined to make it to the end of Devil's Crush using the save system. :D  I'm only about 35mil in so far, though. :)

Jesse813

BlueBMW

Nexzr here :P  For the longest time I couldn't make it past the stage 3 boss...  Now Im stuck on stage six! :P  Absolutely AWESOME game.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/01/2011, 11:57 AMNexzr here :P  For the longest time I couldn't make it past the stage 3 boss...  Now Im stuck on stage six! :P  Absolutely AWESOME game.
Nice! The stage 3 boss is pretty tough. Glad to you hear you've made it past that hump, and that you're enjoying the game. Though, how can you not enjoy Nexzr? :)
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/01/2011, 11:53 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/01/2011, 11:57 AMNexzr here :P  For the longest time I couldn't make it past the stage 3 boss...  Now Im stuck on stage six! :P  Absolutely AWESOME game.
Nice! The stage 3 boss is pretty tough. Glad to you hear you've made it past that hump, and that you're enjoying the game. Though, how can you not enjoy Nexzr? :)
If you don't own it....??? :(

BlueBMW

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/02/2011, 12:36 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: Everyone should own Nexzr.. its too good not to be owned.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/02/2011, 12:36 AM
:cry:
IMG

SuperPlay

Currently I am giving Ordyne a blast :-)

JoshTurboTrollX

Well, I try Image Fight II again and again.  And I still find the first stage more difficult than stage 2.  I get frustrated then cry.  Then I play through Star Parodia and feel much better.  :)

Gonna dive into Tengai Makyo II later this week!  VERY STOKED to be finally getting into this one!

Jesse813

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: SuperPlay on 05/02/2011, 06:12 AMCurrently I am giving Ordyne a blast :-)
How are you liking it? I have a hate-on for that game, but I've heard some people lately saying that they really like it.

I've been taking a break with Valis IV and playing Cybercore and Armed F - Cybercore being the better of the two. I'm actually really liking Cybercore, which is surprising because when I rented it BITD I thought it was pretty lackluster. I think the TG was so new and that there were so many more graphically impressive games that I just didn't give it much of a chance.
IMG

Jesse813

nat

Ordyne is awful.

Cybercore is excellent.

thesteve

just completed my region mod on my express
trying to play necromancer, but i cant read it

Bernie

Finishing up Dragon Slayer, then moving on to Dungeon Explorer.

SamIAm

I just got an arcade card, so of course I'm playing Sapphire. I used to play this in college during my foreign exchange, which brings back nice memories. Also, since I used Magic Engine before and am on a real system now, this is the first time I've heard the voices after each stage. I have to say, that part is not very well done.  :?

Good game, though.  O:)

CrackTiger

Quote from: SamIAm on 05/08/2011, 03:45 PMI just got an arcade card, so of course I'm playing Sapphire. I used to play this in college during my foreign exchange, which brings back nice memories. Also, since I used Magic Engine before and am on a real system now, this is the first time I've heard the voices after each stage. I have to say, that part is not very well done.  :?

Good game, though.  O:)
If you end up playing Magic Engine again, try loading a System 3 card rom to play CD games. That usually mixes audio problems.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Lilgrafx

Finished Cadash last week. It's a very fun RPG but I kinda took away from the experience by grinding like crazy.

hoobs88

Quote from: bernielindell on 05/08/2011, 10:48 AMFinishing up Dragon Slayer, then moving on to Dungeon Explorer.
Did you ever find the lantern?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SamIAm

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2011, 03:49 PMIf you end up playing Magic Engine again, try loading a System 3 card rom to play CD games. That usually mixes audio problems.
Thanks for the tip, but I had done that, actually. I think the case is that every version of Magic Engine after 1.0 doesn't play those ADPCM voices after you beat a stage in Sapphire. It was a known bug. Maybe the latest ME version fixed it, and I just don't know about it?

Jesse813

BlueBMW

Been playing Color Wars on PCE... damn frustrating but strangely addictive!

Bernie

Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/08/2011, 08:30 PM
Quote from: bernielindell on 05/08/2011, 10:48 AMFinishing up Dragon Slayer, then moving on to Dungeon Explorer.
Did you ever find the lantern?
Nope, still looking for it.  Cant seem to find the darn thing.  I am not sure if its an item drop from an enemy, or something I missed along the way.

EDIT:  I just beat it.  Not too shabby I must say.  I really enjoyed the game.  Too bad after the credits roll, you arent given the option to save.  You gotta reset it.  :(