OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinistron

Racked up my 65th pce clear today- beat up on Cyber Cross- last boss was a weak gaggle of floating skulls that all die at the same time.  Decent game- nothing splashy.  I see on pcdaisakusen that Nat and Keranu are right behind me with 60 clears apiece- I'm wondering if we're the top three clearers listed for US- not sure where this Adol guy's from though with 277 clears- and I'm 150% positive that if runin had his clears listed on daisakusen we'd all be left in the dust.  Anyway Nat- Keranu- the race is on!  First one to notch 100 clears gets bragging rights!  :twisted:
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

nat

Nice. I thought we had an actual bet going months ago that whoever didn't reach 100 first had to buy the winner a cheap game? And yeah, runin's clears are in the 300s.

Keranu

Hahaha, so you noticed that I recently came around to updating all of my cleared games  :mrgreen: . I was kind of hoping someone would; my goal was to pass you :D ! Two years ago, I started a thread on my forum that catalogues all of the games I've beaten and soon stole the concept of Runin's useless (but awesome) thoughts thread by reviewing the recent games I've beaten.

Just so you know, I'm closing in on finishing Neo Metal Fantasy and I told ragtime I might try beating Image Fight this weekend.

Oh actually I'm really glad this was brought up because I have had a question regarding this. Should we count non-game titles as "clears" like the system cards? In the thread I posted, I don't include stuff like that, but since PCE Daisakusen includes a completion percentage, I think maybe we should just so people could reach 100% if they added any system cards in their collection. Or if Tatsujin is up to the work, he could edit the system so system cards and unbeatable games don't count. I'm sure us nerds would have a fun time compiling a list of what games are beatable and which aren't. Again in that thread I posted, I specified certain rules for what makes a game "cleared".
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

I'm not counting any System cards, Bikini Girls, or any bullshit like that in my completion percentage on PCE Dai. If we want to do that, watch me fly ahead of Sinisi. Whee!  :D

Keranu

I haven't count mine either, but unless software like that is changed in the system to not count as clear, then I think maybe we should all count them just people could actually reach 100% and not be stuck at 99% because of a single damn system card  :mrgreen: .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Sinistron

I don't think anyone's going to reach 100% Keranu- I wouldn't worry about it -- speaking of which- good luck clearing Image Fight  :lol:
Yes Nat- I definitely will honor our previous deal- but should we work Keranu into it somehow?  Motherfucker's tied you!  8-[
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Sinistron

BTW- maybe it'd be nice- to include pics of our "fin" screens from now on- right in this thread ?

Here's my Cyber Cross-

IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Why is this in the Fighting Street forum?  Shouldn't this be in the general PCE section?

Maybe Sinistron is just a fucking retard?

OK now it can stay here.

Sinistron

It's in the Fighting Street forum because you are a crusty cock suck Joe.   [-X You could have at least tickled my balls when you went down on me.
IMG

Sinistron

Clear #66- Skweek- 99 levels.

IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: SinistronIt's in the Fighting Street forum because you are a crusty cock suck Joe.
You know, I think this thread is in here to trap me.  It's part of your master plan.  Yeah.  I move it to a more appropriate sub-forum, you cite the "No Moderating the Fighting Street area" clause and then I get DESTROYED.  Not gonna fall for it!

Keranu

Neo Metal Fantasy cleared! That's put me at 61, ranking ahead of nat now for sixth place.

Sini, I got my eye on  you. 8)
IMG

Sinistron

Clear #67- Shubibinman 3- what a joke this game is!  :shock:

IMG
IMG

rag-time4

Guyjin accepted my challenge today for a mini-battle! First to 10 clears wins bragging rights!

Sinistron

Feel free to post your clears in here gentlemen  :D
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Sinistron on 04/07/2009, 10:40 PMFeel free to post your clears in here gentlemen  :D
Thank you Sinistron! Will do my best!!

Ceti Alpha

Haha. I love it. I see a vacation of gaming in my near future.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/07/2009, 11:57 PMHaha. I love it. I see a vacation of gaming in my near future.  :mrgreen:
If God blesses me to take down Guyjin, you're my next target Ceti!!

Gate of Thunder CLEAR!!

Boss going down:
IMG

Ending credits:
IMG

Keranu

Is this your first time beating GoT, rags? Congrats!
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Keranu on 04/08/2009, 12:46 AMIs this your first time beating GoT, rags? Congrats!
Yes first time, by Allah's grace!

:arrow: New score in the hi score thread btw!

Nectarsis says he wants in against me and Guyjin!!  :twisted:

Better bring the intensity boys!!

Sinistron

What's Nectar gonna race toward?  Three?  :P
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Sinistron on 04/08/2009, 09:27 AMWhat's Nectar gonna race toward?  Three?  :P
First to 10 wins!

rag-time4

Legendary Axe clear!! That's 7!

IMG

nat

Quote from: Sinistron on 04/08/2009, 09:27 AMWhat's Nectar gonna race toward?  Three?  :P
He's going to increase the number of games he's conquered level 1 on to a whopping double-digit number.

Keranu

Quote from: rag-time4 on 04/08/2009, 08:47 PMLegendary Axe clear!! That's 7!

IMG
Beating LA is a great feeling, isn't it? I love the credit roll.
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Keranu on 04/08/2009, 10:40 PMBeating LA is a great feeling, isn't it? I love the credit roll.
It was very enjoyable!!! Great music!

Really loved the game!

Sinistron

Clear #68.  Power League II- final team was the Hubees.  Crashed those bitches! :twisted:

IMG
IMG

Keranu

Battle Royale cleared!  Blurry webcam taken shot provided since my camera is out of batteries!

/2009040933348.jpg
IMG

nectarsis

Clear 3  :dance: :dance:

Godzilla

bad pics, but I tried  :P

/100_1442.jpg
/100_1441.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Keranu

Valis III CLEARED. I'm at 63 now, working with Splash Lake.
IMG

CrackTiger

I updated my pcedaisakusen list. I still left out games from my collection that I wasn't sure enough I still had or if I wasn't sure what a game was judging only by it's name. I then updated my games cleared list, but it's missing a lot of games I've beaten that I don't have in my collection list (so I can't list them). I also left off, many games that I probably beat, but am not sure enough of since it's been up to 20 years. If I could include games I don't think I currently own, it might reach 200 total. If I could go back in time and confirm clears of games I'm not 100% on then maybe I could catch Adol. As it is, my cleared games count at 148. 8)

That does include several games from both regions, but it doesn't change the fact that I played through each version at least once. I also left out demo type software that didn't have much content as well as things like the Visual Collections (even though I have sat through all of them, more of a feat than it takes to beat many PCE games :P). I did include the TMII/DS and Kabukiden demos, because they're still longer and more challenging than so many "full" PCE games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2009, 10:28 PMI updated my pcedaisakusen list. I still left out games from my collection that I wasn't sure enough I still had or if I wasn't sure what a game was judging only by it's name. I then updated my games cleared list, but it's missing a lot of games I've beaten that I don't have in my collection list (so I can't list them). I also left off, many games that I probably beat, but am not sure enough of since it's been up to 20 years. If I could include games I don't think I currently own, it might reach 200 total. If I could go back in time and confirm clears of games I'm not 100% on then maybe I could catch Adol. As it is, my cleared games count at 148. 8)

That does include several games from both regions, but it doesn't change the fact that I played through each version at least once. I also left out demo type software that didn't have much content as well as things like the Visual Collections (even though I have sat through all of them, more of a feat than it takes to beat many PCE games :P). I did include the TMII/DS and Kabukiden demos, because they're still longer and more challenging than so many "full" PCE games.
Now there are TWO pcedaisakusen members who have cleared JJ and Jeff!!

And one who has cleared Kato Chan and Ken Chan!!!

Quote from: Keranu on 04/11/2009, 09:23 PMValis III CLEARED. I'm at 63 now, working with Splash Lake.
=D> =D>

Keranu

Splash Lake down! Now at 64 clears. Leaning on Valkyrie No Densetsu next.

/2009041221623.jpg
IMG

nectarsis

Valkyrie No Densetsu..always liked that one

rag-time4

Quote from: Keranu on 04/12/2009, 02:09 AMSplash Lake down! Now at 64 clears. Leaning on Valkyrie No Densetsu next.
/2009041221623.jpg
Man! You're on fire there!!!

Sinistron

Clear #69- Power League III.
Overall much better than Power League II- your players' stats start at zero and change accordingly as the season progresses-
and although there's no "Hubees" team- there is a seven game series with the league champs.

IMG
IMG

Sinistron

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2009, 10:28 PMThat does include several games from both regions,
That's definitely what's gonna wind up hurting my clear # in the end- as I only like to keep one region version of a game unless there's what I consider major differences- like Cratermaze/Doraemon.
IMG

Sinistron

Clear #70 - Blue Blink  :)

IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Sinistron on 04/12/2009, 03:32 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/11/2009, 10:28 PMThat does include several games from both regions,
That's definitely what's gonna wind up hurting my clear # in the end- as I only like to keep one region version of a game unless there's what I consider major differences- like Cratermaze/Doraemon.
Although I often like to play an import to see what may be different, over the years I'd often only have a particular version of a game for a period and would later wind up with either both or just the opposite version, all the while occasionally playing through the game.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sinistron

Woke up sick this morning so stayed home from Easter at my sister's  :|. This gave me some extra time to clear another one- Clear #71- Cratermaze.

IMG

Note- when me and Nat started our little race- our criteria for a clear was completing the games on their "normal" or "default" modes- with the only times the default modes not counting is if the default modes were specifically listed as "easy" or "beginner" -- so- as easy as it was- this "normal" mode clear for Cratermaze counts  :).
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Just completed Valis today. I really enjoyed it, in spite of my constant cursing at the TV while playing it. I've already begun my Valis II quest.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Sinistron

Figured since I did Cratermaze I might as well do Doraemon too- Clear #72- Doraemon Meikyuu Daisakusen...

IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Valis II cleared. I honestly never want to have to play this game ever again. I can deal with the graphics. I can deal with the easy breezy nature of the game, but man, the controls are just clunky and awkward. The second last stage was a biiiiaaaaatch trying to get through with the ass controls of this game. I'm just glad I can now turn my sights on Valis III.
IMG

rag-time4

Super Star Solder CLEAR!!!!

IMG

nat

Sinistron

Clear #73- Batman.

IMG
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: nat on 04/13/2009, 06:42 PMSuper Suck Soldier
I didn't use to like SSS but after playing through it my opinion totally changed! I still think most of the weapons are a bit boring.... the yellow was the only fun to use because of how unorthodox it was.

SSS is also a graphical treat. The gameplay I think is a bit boring and doesn't compare to Image Fight, but the graphics, challenge, and soundtrack made clearing it really enjoyable.

Joe Redifer

Sinistron, you're not using the Game Genie to clear all these games are you? [-X

guyjin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/13/2009, 08:23 PMSinistron, you're not using the Game Genie to clear all these games are you? [-X
They made a game genie for the Turbo?!  [-o<

nectarsis

WAs waiting for someone to ask that lol