10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Mysterious Song is now released

Started by OldRover, 08/26/2012, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Wasn't planning on doing this just yet, as we were waiting for everything to be all in one place, but it seems our hand was tipped early so might as well. Keranu received the shipment of discs and we're set to release it now. However, the bonus items are still in manufacturing, so they're not quite ready yet. So, for the first 100 people, you can either hang on 'til they're ready (about a week or two from now) and have it shipped all at once, or get the game disc now and the bonus items later. Let me know which.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

BigusSchmuck

I have a few questions, where do we order this from? How much are you guys charging for this game? Is this going to be on a cdr or actually pressed? Thanks!

roflmao

Duo_R

How do we know what order # we are? I am sure I am not in top 100
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Duo_R

Nevermind my PayPal order says Wave 2...but can't wait!!!

PunkCryborg

Arjak

He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

OldRover

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/27/2012, 12:08 AMI have a few questions, where do we order this from? How much are you guys charging for this game? Is this going to be on a cdr or actually pressed? Thanks!
It's a total of $39.95 which includes shipping to anywhere in the world. It's a properly manufactured disc, not a CDR, and comes with a full-color 8-page manual as well as a full-color inlay. It can be ordered at https://web.archive.org/web/2000/http://www.frozenutopia.com/ :)

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arjak

Those are some awesome pics. I love how you've made the back of the manual look like an authentic Turbo game, with the suggested games list made up of homebrews. Totally awesome! :D
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

OldRover

They're all legit games too, with the exception of Retrocade, which was apparently discontinued as a whole project after the manuals were printed.

VestCunt

No fucking shrinkwrap! Awesome.
Topic Adjourned.

Duo_R

Those poor sealed collectors...

touko

Congrats for releasing your games  =D>

DesmondThe3rd

Arm

I'm happy to see the game is finally released after so many ordeals. Congratulations :)

esteban

I'm not impatient. I'll wait so you can send out everything together. :pcgs:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldMan

Congratulations, and a hearty Well Done! to you guys.
Feels good finally having somethng you made in hand, doesn't it :).

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2012, 02:30 AMNo fucking shrinkwrap! Awesome.
Which means they could sign or otherwise mark them before shipping. That way we can harass whoever puts theirs on eBay for eleventy billion dollars once they sell out. :D

jlued686

That's awesome!

I believe I'm in the first 100, and I'm more than happy to wait until it's all ready.

Arkhan Asylum

Hurray.  The Adventure is over!

That's funny that Retrocade is on there.  It's not exactly discontinued.  It's just delayed as fuck because at the time, HuCards weren't going to be happening.   

and yeah, FUCK SHRINKWRAP.

Shit's for PUSSIES.

Where's my copy.  I want to beat it. 

Also, for next years CCAG, you guys can send me a box of them and I will see if anyone buys them.

Did you find any cracked cases yet?  You're bound to find some.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Yeah, Keranu said that there's a few busted ones. Sounds like all the discs themselves are fine though.

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah.  There's a reason jewelcases are dirt cheap... lol

It's an unavoidable problem though.  No amount of foam / padding will protect the cases.  They crack due to the weight of the surrounding jewel cases pressing all in one direction.   all it takes is one solid thunk on one side!  All the weight causes some cracks sometimes. 

It doesn't help that they ship with UPS.   Those guys probably used the giant Nationwide boxes as a lunch table / bench.  lol

HURRY UP AND SHIP MY COPY. 

I can't wait for them to pop up on ebay for OMGRAER prices
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

Smart move by Keranu to pop these up on ebay.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/27/2012, 12:27 PMSmart move by Keranu to pop these up on ebay.
I think that's Rover's wife that put them up there, but yeah, this stops the comical trainwreck ebay prices that other homebrew has fallen victim to.

CrackTiger

If these are already officially on eBay, I wonder if that one guy who wanted to buy like half of them will still bother?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

probably not unless he runs some kind of store where he will sell them for 45$ instead and claim they are rare.

NecroPhile

Woot!  I can wait for my stuff to be shipped all at once - what's another week or so?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

futureman2000

Does it help to ship a CD case with a little bit of bubble wrap in there? I got a few games from Japan shipped to me that way, seemed to work.

shubibiman

What a great day for the PC Engine homebrew scene! Congratulations and thanks for having kept the work up in spite of the numerous ordeals you went through in the production of the game!
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2012, 12:53 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/27/2012, 12:27 PMSmart move by Keranu to pop these up on ebay.
I think that's Rover's wife that put them up there, but yeah, this stops the comical trainwreck ebay prices that other homebrew has fallen victim to.
Its coming out of Crete, IL. I was under the assumption that was where Keranu was from, or is he just handling the shipping of them?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/27/2012, 02:33 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/27/2012, 12:53 PM
Its coming out of Crete, IL. I was under the assumption that was where Keranu was from, or is he just handling the shipping of them?
He's the shipper.  I just saw the user name is Eskimowhateverspanishword, and that was Rover's wife name here too, wasn't it?

Sadler

I think I'm in the first 100. Assuming so, I'm more than willing to wait. Thanks! :)

VestCunt

Have you guys talked to Aaron about getting any official PCEFX promotion on the site? A banner or interview or something? I remember Nat was keen on the idea, but he's seems to be elsewhere.
Topic Adjourned.

Bardoly

This is great!
I literally just today discovered this game.
I'm going to have to order this soon.

Are the developers/programmers planning on creating more games in the future?

Marll

Do we need to do anything if our address changed? I remember a while back getting an e-mail asking if the address was correct that I responded to, but want to make sure that it gets shipped to my correct address.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/27/2012, 04:43 PMThis is great!

Yes.

"Monolith"

"Jungle Bros."

http://frozenutopia.com/projects.html
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldRover

Jungle Bros is next. :) And then there's a few others too. Monolith is an Eponasoft production, different group from Frozen Utopia.

Bernie

Just bought my copy off eBay.   When I get home tonight I'll pay for it.  Yayyyy!

Keranu

Quote from: Marll on 08/27/2012, 04:47 PMDo we need to do anything if our address changed? I remember a while back getting an e-mail asking if the address was correct that I responded to, but want to make sure that it gets shipped to my correct address.
PM me your name and I'll verify the address I have written down.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Bardoly

I was able to arrange a local pickup since I live less than 15 miles away from the Mysterious Song stash!  Woo!  Hoo!
I went from just discovering the Turbo CD homebrew scene to actually having one of these in my hands, all in the same day!

Now, I just have to make some time in my squished schedule to play this...

DHG Hunter

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/27/2012, 08:43 PMI was able to arrange a local pickup since I live less than 15 miles away from the Mysterious Song stash!  Woo!  Hoo!
Another ninja I see...  ;)

Later.

Duo_R

I got delivery confirmation!!!!

TheClash603

Congrats!!

Just got home from Canada and I had just enough time in-between poutine shits to see the good news.

You can wait and ship my whole thing together with the pre-order bonus.  Can't wait!

henrycsc

Congrats again guys!

If I made the first 100, you can wait til you have the bone us material ready.  Otherwise, I want it NAW!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

JoshTurboTrollX

I'm good to wait for the whole package to come in one shipment, assuming I got in the first 100.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

JapanTokei

Old Rover and Keanu:  Congrats!!  I wasn't even aware of this.. thanks to Bardoly's PM, I realized about this JUST in TIME for my trip to the states!!

I've just did a BIN on Ebay guys.  Can't wait to try it out!!  congrats on the release!! Please ship asap as I will only be at the US unitl Sep15!!

cheers Tokei  :)

JapanTokei

Bardoly thanks for your PM... if wasn't for you I wouldnt have seen this in time :) 

now I will also get a copy... woooohooooo!!

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/27/2012, 08:43 PM

I was able to arrange a local pickup since I live less than 15 miles away from the Mysterious Song stash!  Woo!  Hoo!
I went from just discovering the Turbo CD homebrew scene to actually having one of these in my hands, all in the same day!

Now, I just have to make some time in my squished schedule to play this...

roflmao

I don't know if it's a big enough difference to warrant mentioning (after all, a sale is a sale) but they probably make a bit more on the sale when ordered directly off their website (no add'l ebay fees to pay).

https://web.archive.org/web/2000/http://www.frozenutopia.com/

Bernie

On eBay, I would up the price a little to account for that.  But, like ya said Dan, a sale is a sale.  I seen where someone asked what the game was on the listing.  So, being on eBay is going to give it the maximum exposure.