@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Lucretia - Demon Princess (鬼姫の呪い in Japan) NOW IN BETA TESTING

Started by OldRover, 05/26/2013, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Septuagenarian.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

esteban

esteban

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2014, 09:13 AMEsteban... I'm telling you this as a friend because I love you like a brother:  All that coffee you drink?  Start using normal creamer, not the Irish cream.  We may have to have a forum intervention if you can't get this under control by yourself.
I enjoy Baileeze with my corn flakes. No harm in that.

OldRover

The storm last week killed my development computer. Fortunately, I had the project backed up, and the hard drives were not damaged, so I was able to move it to a replacement system. It was a minor setback but all's well now.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

You only learn the hard way to back things up religiously. Needless to say, I have lost projects before...

As a side-effect of the issue, I can't access the chat anymore, since I don't remember the password or even the email address I used to sign up with.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 05/16/2014, 12:18 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 05/16/2014, 11:25 AMThe storm last week killed my development computer. Fortunately, I had the project backed up, and the hard drives were not damaged, so I was able to move it to a replacement system. It was a minor setback but all's well now.
Dammit.... i began soiling my pants up until i read the word "fortunately".
You weren't alone.

I couldn't imagine being so close to completing a project only to have it ripped from me due to a storm.

OldRover

Although it is technically Eponasoft's tenth game (prior games include Two Lords, Coven, Two Ladies, The Lost Techbase, Monolith, Xymati [collab with MindRec], Hastilude [collab with Matwek], Baator, and Paradox Girl [the prequel to Lucretia]), this will be Eponasoft's first completed release... needless to say, I made sure to have backups of backups.

EDIT: Correction... thirteenth game. I forgot about Golden Axe, Einzelgänger, and Neutopia 3D, all of which were started before Lucretia. :lol:

esteban

Quote from: The Old Rover on 05/16/2014, 05:15 PMAlthough it is technically Eponasoft's tenth game (prior games include Two Lords, Coven, Two Ladies, The Lost Techbase, Monolith, Xymati [collab with MindRec], Hastilude [collab with Matwek], Baator, and Paradox Girl [the prequel to Lucretia]), this will be Eponasoft's first completed release... needless to say, I made sure to have backups of backups.

EDIT: Correction... thirteenth game. I forgot about Golden Axe, Einzelgänger, and Neutopia 3D, all of which were started before Lucretia. :lol:
Monolith!  :pcgs:

I know there wasn't a lot of public info, but the screenshots and video looked quite nice.

QuoteAs a side-effect of the issue, I can't access the chat anymore, since I don't remember the password or even the email address I used to sign up with.
This always happens to me. It's friggin' annoying. You'd think I would learn by now.

I want to keep my old accounts at various places, but...

Elder

Quote from: The Old Rover on 05/16/2014, 05:15 PMAlthough it is technically Eponasoft's tenth game (prior games include Two Lords, Coven, Two Ladies, The Lost Techbase, Monolith, Xymati [collab with MindRec], Hastilude [collab with Matwek], Baator, and Paradox Girl [the prequel to Lucretia]), this will be Eponasoft's first completed release... needless to say, I made sure to have backups of backups.

Just want to say as a new member to these boards, keep up the great work.  I've watched all the videos you've released thus far and the game looks great.  I pre-ordered a copy and cannot wait to play it!

Nando

IMG

Haven't been able to work on the game as much as I want, but thought a lil update was in order.

VestCunt

Bump. Because this shouldn't be allowed to slip to the second page.
Topic Adjourned.

OldRover

Unfortunately, this production has been at a standstill for some time now because both Nando and I have serious real-life issues to contend with and it has been very difficult to work on it.

Dicer

Quote from: OldRover on 07/30/2014, 08:18 PMUnfortunately, this production has been at a standstill for some time now because both Nando and I have serious real-life issues to contend with and it has been very difficult to work on it.
Life happens and it can be a real bitch....

I know I am rooting for you to see this through, as is the community.

Keep on keepin on....

Nando

Quote from: Dicer on 07/30/2014, 10:49 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 07/30/2014, 08:18 PMUnfortunately, this production has been at a standstill for some time now because both Nando and I have serious real-life issues to contend with and it has been very difficult to work on it.
Life happens and it can be a real bitch....

I know I am rooting for you to see this through, as is the community.

Keep on keepin on....
Thanks Dicer and Vestcunt, the wait will be worth it. We promise!

esteban

No problem. I'll wait years for this, it is most delicious.  :pcgs:

More importantly, I hope you and Nando are able to get to a better place.  :pcgs:

roflmao

Yes, take care of yourselves. The game will be awesome, whenever it comes out. :D

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

Mathius

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

Nando

touko

Great, is this the last level,or a shot of the end sequence ???

esteban

Quote from: touko on 09/25/2014, 05:14 AMGreat, is this the last level,or a shot of the end sequence ???
Transition from one stage to another...Lucretia will fly into castle...next stage is castle interior.

Actually, I just made that up.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2014, 06:40 AM
Quote from: touko on 09/25/2014, 05:14 AMGreat, is this the last level,or a shot of the end sequence ???
Transition from one stage to another...Lucretia will fly into castle...next stage is castle interior.

Actually, I just made that up.
That is correct. But wait until you see this stage's transition between environnents.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Mathius

TheClash603

I was away for a bit and came back to see this is still being worked on.

All is right on these forums.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/11/2014, 03:14 AMI was away for a bit and came back to see this is still being worked on.

At my request, Old_Rover included a Timeball mini-game after each boss battle.

You can't progress to the next stage unless you successfully solve the "Blodia Battle" (Rover came up with that name for the mini-game, I quite like it).

:pcgs:

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 10/11/2014, 05:08 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/11/2014, 03:14 AMI was away for a bit and came back to see this is still being worked on.

At my request, Old_Rover included a Timeball mini-game after beach boss battle.

You can't progress to the next stage unless you successfully solve the "Blodia Battle" (Rover came up with that name for the mini-game, I quite like it).

This is the first time I ever purposely hit the "report to moderator" button.

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 10/11/2014, 05:08 AMAt my request, Old_Rover included a Timeball mini-game after each boss battle.

You are a bad man.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2014, 11:55 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/11/2014, 05:08 AMAt my request, Old_Rover included a Timeball mini-game after each boss battle.

You are a bad man.

Hahahahahshashs. 

It is the truth, though. For real.

schweaty

esteban

Quote from: schweaty on 02/21/2015, 01:58 PManyone have an update on this?
Yes.

It is even more awesome than you think it will be.

You will, literally, drool on yourself.

Lochlan

I guess you haven't been around long enough to remember how long Mysterious Song took?  Pre-orders opened three years before the game was finally released.

I'm anxious to receive this game too (my pre-order will be a year and a half old next week!) but given what happened with the Old Rover's last project my expectations for the timeline are generous.  I can't feel totally let down because I knew this would happen, and as an over-extended developer myself I sympathize with these sorts of timeline issues.  (I think most people who have developed software have had at least one project go like this.)  I'm also personally confident that the game will eventually be released, although I wouldn't be shocked if it took another year or more.

If it were up to me I think I would offer beta access to customers who pre-ordered.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

schweaty

Quote from: Lochlan on 02/21/2015, 02:31 PM
I guess you haven't been around long enough to remember how long Mysterious Song took?  Pre-orders opened three years before the game was finally released.

I'm anxious to receive this game too (my pre-order will be a year and a half old next week!) but given what happened with the Old Rover's last project my expectations for the timeline are generous.  I can't feel totally let down because I knew this would happen, and as an over-extended developer myself I sympathize with these sorts of timeline issues.  (I think most people who have developed software have had at least one project go like this.)  I'm also personally confident that the game will eventually be released, although I wouldn't be shocked if it took another year or more.

If it were up to me I think I would offer beta access to customers who pre-ordered.
ah.. ok, i will cage my expectations.  i am at the anniversary of my pre-order and since this thread hadn't been updated in a while i thought maybe somebody knew something i didnt.  i'm a fairly patient dude.  if the answer is "still in the works" I'm good with that.

OldRover

Still in the works. :)

I am planning on putting out some new gameplay pics on Tuesday... possibly a new video.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: OldRover on 03/09/2015, 12:25 AMStill in the works. :)

I am planning on putting out some new gameplay pics on Tuesday... possibly a new video.
Sweet!  Looking forward to it!!
IMG

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 03/09/2015, 12:25 AMStill in the works. :)

L'awesome. :)

Opethian

IMG

OldRover

Mathius

Good to see you're still around, buddy! Screenshots look great. :)

OldRover

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 03/10/2015, 07:37 PMI hope these work... linking from the Facebook post.
lucretia-0370.png
lucretia-0371.png
lucretia-0372.png
Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

I see killer encyclopedia.

Dicer

Side Saddle the proper way any self-respectin' lady witch should ride...

spenoza

How is the hitbox on the main character? I'm always concerned when the player sprite is large in a shooter, because it can greatly complicate dodging (dodgery?).

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/11/2015, 09:00 PMHow is the hitbox on the main character? I'm always concerned when the player sprite is large in a shooter, because it can greatly complicate dodging (dodgery?).
When I play old-school shooters with a large main character I always find myself wishing that they had had the foresight to reduce the size of their hitbox. Not quite bullet-hell small but just small enough to skillfully weave in and out of enemy traffic.