Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Ha!  Maybe his wife is nagging but he doesn't really want to part with it.

"Sorry, honey, but nobody wants it.  I guess I'll have to keep it."
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2017, 09:28 AMHa!  Maybe his wife is nagging but he doesn't really want to part with it.

"Sorry, honey, but nobody wants it.  I guess I'll have to keep it."
"It's on eBay, what more can I do???"

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2017, 09:28 AMHa!  Maybe his wife is nagging but he doesn't really want to part with it.

"Sorry, honey, but nobody wants it. Have you seen the colour of it? I guess I'll have to keep it."

pc_kwajalein

Couldn't help notice the PCE-LT in the related items tab. I'm not familiar with the LT's value, but seeing as how a seller is asking close to $1,000 for it, I'm assuming it might be lower?
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

xcrement5x

Speaking of stuff being relisted with higher prices, did that one Bonk 3 Manual finally sell? 

RNSpeed

Gypsy

RNSpeed

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/23/2017, 07:09 AM
Quote from: RNSpeed on 05/23/2017, 12:38 AMThis one must be a joke right? American version?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-X-Rondo-of-Blood-TurboGrafx-CD-AMERICAN-VERSION-/192194626239?hash=item2cbfb142bf:g:v48AAOSw1WJZI3r0
Just some asshole selling a patched iso on a cdr. I reported it, not that it really matters.
Interestiing, well done because someone without knowlegde that the game was Japan only would had probably wasted a lot of money on a burned ISO.  [-X

780racer

O man, That Castlevania must be a American prototype.

It is unfortunate that someone could make the mistake that they think its actually a real game, but its also their fault for not checking/doing any amount of research.

NoSexGex

Anyone see this listing? Some crazy stuff

IMG

Besides the insane price tag, it's rediculiously unorganized. Like even if he is trying to find a legitimate buyer, they have to know what they're buying before they bid

Like there's so much stuff, i'm noticing more and more stuff every time I look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162528559938
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

mitsuman

WTF!?!? Did that seller happen across a lost and forgotten warehouse?

TheClash603

Quote from: mitsuman on 05/27/2017, 09:07 AMWTF!?!? Did that seller happen across a lost and forgotten warehouse?
That same lot has been posted for many years, with the hard to view contents with expensive stuff weaved throughout.

It used to be cheaper and it may have been a different seller, since I see this one has no feedback.  Or it could be the same guy and same name I saw posting years ago and he has just never completed a transaction.

NoSexGex

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/27/2017, 10:22 AM
Quote from: mitsuman on 05/27/2017, 09:07 AMWTF!?!? Did that seller happen across a lost and forgotten warehouse?
That same lot has been posted for many years, with the hard to view contents with expensive stuff weaved throughout.

It used to be cheaper and it may have been a different seller, since I see this one has no feedback.  Or it could be the same guy and same name I saw posting years ago and he has just never completed a transaction.
It's such a weird listing, the seller hasn't had feedback since 2008. It's so old it doesn't even register as feedback anymore. He's also had an account since 2000. Looks like he added some more pictures since of last night, which still doesn't provide 100% clarity. But I guess it's better than before.

He even added that 32X game, Spiderman Web of Fire. Either that or he just took new pictures.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

xcrement5x

Yeah, this guy has been posting the same kind of thing for at least the five years off and on.  Personally, I think he is just some troll who gets a kick out of seeing how many people click on his auction given all the keywords and pictures. 

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 05/28/2017, 11:10 PM

Yeah, this guy has been posting the same kind of thing for at least the five years off and on.  Personally, I think he is just some troll who gets a kick out of seeing how many people click on his auction given all the keywords and pictures. 
Troll for sure.  He had no intent to sell, just showing off in an obscure manner.

I first saw these postings about 5 years ago, when I tried getting the last few LA games I needed he was the only guy on ebay with the games.

I would love for some rich guy to buy this lot some day, for a scientific experiment to see if anything would actually be shipped.

LostFlunky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/29/2017, 12:50 AM

Troll for sure.  He had no intent to sell, just showing off in an obscure manner.

I first saw these postings about 5 years ago, when I tried getting the last few LA games I needed he was the only guy on ebay with the games.

I would love for some rich guy to buy this lot some day, for a scientific experiment to see if anything would actually be shipped.
I can't see an intent to sell either - because there is no real offer of "goods" -  he doesn't give any indication of what your 20K is buying.  A simple comment like "you are bidding on what you see in the pictures" would go a long way.

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 05/29/2017, 09:02 AM

I can't see an intent to sell either - because there is no real offer of "goods" -  he doesn't give any indication of what your 20K is buying.  A simple comment like "you are bidding on what you see in the pictures" would go a long way.
The seller does say that you are only bidding on "what you see in the pictures", which is hilarious because so many random items are scattered and stacked and semi-visible in the photos.

The fact that this has been ongoing auction for several years means that it has delighted/annoyed folks for a long time.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 05/29/2017, 09:33 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 05/29/2017, 09:02 AM

The seller does say that you are only bidding on "what you see in the pictures", which is hilarious because so many random items are scattered and stacked and semi-visible in the photos.

The fact that this has been ongoing auction for several years means that it has delighted/annoyed folks for a long time.

:)
...and it has ended...

Same dude;

http://www.ebay.com/sch/shall_we_play_a_game/m.html?item=162528559938&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

RNSpeed

This is one of the reasons why everything Turbografx/PC Engine related had been skyrocketing in price. 
I saw this The IGS Express Turbografx-16 Newsletter on ebay sell for $48.77 on 5/21/2017

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201923788030?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Then its now again listed on Ebay  (Different seller) for $149.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGS-Express-TurboGrafx-16-News-Letter-Summer-1991-Vol-2-2-RARE-A328-/302335248199?hash=item466495c747:g:zbAAAOSw8lpZL4oY

Gypsy

Just putting this out there for people that don't want to check.

The seller of the current listing IS the winning bidder of the auction. What an ass clown.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/01/2017, 11:12 AMJust putting this out there for people that don't want to check.

The seller of the current listing IS the winning bidder of the auction. What an ass clown.
$36 for shipping to Canada... mtmonks shame on you!

jonebone

The original seller did have some INSANELY rare paper listings, I will admit that.  I had a big bid on the Warrior Worlds and his other Turbo paper lot sold for $177.50.  Paper is one of those things that are sweet to collect but hard to resell unless you have connections to actual buyers.  At a $150 ebay BIN it will never sell.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/01/2017, 11:12 AMJust putting this out there for people that don't want to check.

Yep, he's a twat.  He bought it just to make a buck and will sit on the BIN and wait for a sucker to come along and offer something in between.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kaimega

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 06/01/2017, 11:45 AM

Never understood why shipping to Canada is always so bloody ridiculous, just in general when it comes to eBay :(

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SEALED-Castlevania-Dracula-X-Rondo-Of-Blood-Deluxe-Set-PC-Engine-OUT-OF-PRINT-/182595342136?hash=item2a8387cf38:g:2HsAAOSwlMFZFfrJ

Stupid price, and that is a lot of work for a bootleg...

MNKyDeth

Quote from: Kaimega on 06/03/2017, 11:13 AM

Never understood why shipping to Canada is always so bloody ridiculous, just in general when it comes to eBay :(

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SEALED-Castlevania-Dracula-X-Rondo-Of-Blood-Deluxe-Set-PC-Engine-OUT-OF-PRINT-/182595342136?hash=item2a8387cf38:g:2HsAAOSwlMFZFfrJ

Yep, pceworks .....   worth about $5 total to cover the shipping costs. Anything over that is a waste and you can make your own burned discs and paper accessories for far less.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Kaimega on 06/03/2017, 11:13 AM

They're offering economy shipping to the U.S. and priority shipping to Canada.

Even sending packages domestically is pricey now. The main difference is that the minimum price is high, but it gets more reasonable the larger the package is.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Alt-Nintega

In this entire thread. Only 55% of the items are over-priced. The rest is just crying and complaining.

Cya bud!

-Karl Marx

Mathius

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

bob

esteban

crazydean

NoSexGex

He saw my manual ISO and reached out to me when he posted that Hero Tonma. I recently got one though, but thought it was nice of him to reach out.

mitsuman

Not eBay, but still a bit gougey.

And look, I'm all about supporting local shops. But holy smokes. Or am I way off base ?

IMG

esteban

Quote from: mitsuman on 06/10/2017, 05:34 PMNot eBay, but still a bit gougey.

And look, I'm all about supporting local shops. But holy smokes. Or am I way off base ?

IMG
A *little* ?

That's insanely fucking way too fucking much.

NoSexGex

Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2017, 07:10 PMA *little*?

I hope that's in CAN$$

Does it come with any games beside keef?

mitsuman

If I had to guess, you get no game. NO GAME FOR YOU!!!

wilykat

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2017, 07:18 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2017, 07:10 PMA *little*?

Even too much in Canadian money. Try Russian Ruble. Which would convert to a much more reasonable $3.15 USD

I hope that's in CAN$$

Does it come with any games beside keef?

BigusSchmuck

Drop the 1 and it *might* be more reasonable.

mitsuman

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/11/2017, 05:01 PMDrop the 1 and it *might* be more reasonable.
That's what I was thinking.

seieienbu

And I guess it finally happened; some idiot bought a copy of Legend of Hero Tonma for $1,000 and now there's 4 up on ebay.

I should've bought it years ago.  I think it's safe to say at this point that unless I work out a trade I'm never going to get that game.  Stupid ebay.

seieienbu

Yeah, I know.  But...but collectard...

Mathius

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/14/2017, 07:02 PMAnd I guess it finally happened; some idiot bought a copy of Legend of Hero Tonma for $1,000 and now there's 4 up on ebay.

I should've bought it years ago.  I think it's safe to say at this point that unless I work out a trade I'm never going to get that game.  Stupid ebay.
I feel ya. Buyers have a responsibility to research before buying but, unfortunately, even dingles like that dude liked video games bitd. Just know he'll probably get tired of that shelf candy within days.

I haven't bought a Turbo game off of eBay in over 6 years but I was still able to acquire games like Dead Moon and a boxed Jackie Chan because I took the time to forge strong friendships and inner circles. This is the exception rather than the rule sadly.

Mas

It's crazy how the games have jumped so much in the last few years. I also feel like for me if I was buying games again I really would just buy games for only this system maybe every other month and spend the 40.00 and up for a decent tg16 game. This way you would enjoy the living hell out of it

mitsuman

CrackTiger

Quote from: mitsuman on 06/20/2017, 11:06 AMSomeone should jump on this. Just use the buy it now, to make sure you get it and don't get out bid!!!  :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-mega-bundle-/282534830730?hash=item41c863628a:g:d0QAAOSwDrNZSODH#viTabs_0
Looks like a thousand dollar lot. Damaged/broken hardware doesn't demabd a collectors premium and has mostly functional value.

Did Lords of Thunder jump up to $500 or sonething?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gypsy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-TG-16-CD-Turbo-Duo-CIB-Hard-to-Find-/282536792004?hash=item41c8814fc4:g:snAAAOSwlY1ZNIVM

Seller is a complete shitbag too. Begged a guy to come down from $4500 to $3200 on a copy of Magical Chase, only to list and sell it on eBay for $5,000. I know the guy that sold it to him, so this story is 100% fact.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/21/2017, 03:09 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-TG-16-CD-Turbo-Duo-CIB-Hard-to-Find-/282536792004?hash=item41c8814fc4:g:snAAAOSwlY1ZNIVM

Seller is a complete shitbag too. Begged a guy to come down from $4500 to $3200 on a copy of Magical Chase, only to list and sell it on eBay for $5,000. I know the guy that sold it to him, so this story is 100% fact.
Is he from Las Vegas? :P

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/21/2017, 03:09 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-TG-16-CD-Turbo-Duo-CIB-Hard-to-Find-/282536792004?hash=item41c8814fc4:g:snAAAOSwlY1ZNIVM

Lol, I love this gem
"I don't have a working TG-16 to test this on, so please check out the pictures to see the condition of the item to make sure it is right for you. "

Seriously?!  Please spend $1400 on this "untested" game of mine, guy sounds like a total tool.