@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

Quote from: TelcoSurveyor on 07/16/2017, 09:45 PMA fool and their money.
FOR SURE. How in the eff do they not get buyers remorse at that price point? The weakest Bonk game and it can be bought for just under $80 w/o trying: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Genjin-3-engine-Japan-Ver-Hu-card-/222574130337?hash=item33d273b4a1:g:OL0AAOSwo4pYGWR0

And I paid $25 for a CIC copy in the last two years, and bought it from a Japanese store online.

RNSpeed

NoSexGex

Quote from: Mathius on 07/16/2017, 08:00 PM
Quote from: NoSexGex on 07/16/2017, 02:44 PM
Quote from: bob on 07/16/2017, 01:30 PMhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/222583715149
I'm enjoying reading the Fb thread that's going on about this post
Got a link?
Looks like the thread got deleted, i'm pretty sure it was either in TurboTown/Obey and I can't find it in either. Nothing crazy, but very humourous reading some of the whitty comments and spam messages being sent to him
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mitsuman

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2017, 10:47 AM
Quote from: RNSpeed on 07/16/2017, 10:00 PMHere's another example

TG-CD system with 13 common games for $2000.
It's not me.  Bartre?
Assuming the seller used their real name + last initial for their eBay account it's certainly not Bartre.

NecroPhile

I meant that as a joke.  Bartre's not a gouger twat.

Gypsy

Ah okay, I was gonna say, he's good people. :p

Didn't know you were also a child of the corn.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NoSexGex on 07/16/2017, 10:04 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/16/2017, 08:00 PM
Quote from: NoSexGex on 07/16/2017, 02:44 PM
Quote from: bob on 07/16/2017, 01:30 PMhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/222583715149
I'm enjoying reading the Fb thread that's going on about this post
Got a link?
Looks like the thread got deleted, i'm pretty sure it was either in TurboTown/Obey and I can't find it in either. Nothing crazy, but very humourous reading some of the whitty comments and spam messages being sent to him
Looks like the price on this is now like $70, lol all the trolling must have gotten to him.

Gypsy

NoSexGex

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2017, 12:15 PMLooks like the price on this is now like $70, lol all the trolling must have gotten to him.
Ha ! Winning
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

majors

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2017, 12:15 PMLooks like the price on this is now like $70, lol all the trolling must have gotten to him.
And who says social media can't change the world! Now, if we just can harness it for good.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

turboswimbz

QuoteThis IS a reproduction. . . I have the original USA release.
AH it never changes . . .  :roll:

Dude wins the fake video games point list.  SO much cooler than me.    :roll:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

o.pwuaioc

wiseau

crazydean

Quote from: wiseau on 07/24/2017, 11:45 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNGEON-EXPOLORER-II-FOR-TURBOGRAFX-16-CD-AUTHENTIC-DISC-ONLY-PLEASE-READ-/332317413752?epid=56239045&hash=item4d5fa95178:g:Ky8AAOSwPxtZdj5X
Someone carves their name in the CD, completely wrecking the data layer of the disc, and the still works? I call bull.
I had Mega Man 8 disc for PS2 that had a tiny speck missing. It was barely even noticeable and the game wouldn't even make it to the title screen. So, I'd have to agree with you.

turboswimbz

Quote from: wiseau on 07/24/2017, 11:45 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNGEON-EXPOLORER-II-FOR-TURBOGRAFX-16-CD-AUTHENTIC-DISC-ONLY-PLEASE-READ-/332317413752?epid=56239045&hash=item4d5fa95178:g:Ky8AAOSwPxtZdj5X
Someone carves their name in the CD, completely wrecking the data layer of the disc, and the still works? I call bull.
Com on he's never played any of his collector games all the way through but he played this one from start to finish just to test it for the E bay.  Don't be so hard on the guy, it's not his fault he can't make money on his "investments".
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

The scratches are roughly in the middle of the disc, and the data tracks are track 2 near the beginning and track 34 at the very end (the second track presumably the usual duplicate, identical to the first and only used if the first is damaged), so it's possible that one of the two (even both) are undamaged, allowing the game data to load without issues.  The music, however, is surely gonna skip and/or stop altogether in several areas of the game.

In any case, what kind of fucking retard does that to a cd?!?

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/25/2017, 09:30 AMIn any case, what kind of fucking retard does that to a cd?!?
eddie.

xcrement5x

Quote from: bob on 07/25/2017, 09:35 AM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/25/2017, 09:30 AMIn any case, what kind of fucking retard does that to a cd?!?
eddie.
That is just friggin classic eddie.

bob

esteban

Eddie Turbo wants his Dungeon Explorer II disc back (somebody stole the disc, but not the case).

esteban

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 07/25/2017, 05:09 PMDAT dungeon explorer II, tho...

IMG
I'd explore those "pixelated" dungeons

wiseau

i dunno, looks like eddie's already explored one of them dungeons.

NoSexGex

Quote from: wiseau on 07/25/2017, 10:15 PMi dunno, looks like eddie's already explored one of them dungeons.
Good thing there's double dungeons.. The fun continues

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/25/2017, 10:49 PM
Quote from: wiseau on 07/25/2017, 10:15 PMi dunno, looks like eddie's already explored one of them dungeons.
Good thing there's double dungeons.. The fun continues
hmmmm... that *is* quite true!

:)

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 07/25/2017, 09:30 AM
The scratches are roughly in the middle of the disc, and the data tracks are track 2 near the beginning and track 34 at the very end (the second track presumably the usual duplicate, identical to the first and only used if the first is damaged), so it's possible that one of the two (even both) are undamaged, allowing the game data to load without issues.  The music, however, is surely gonna skip and/or stop altogether in several areas of the game.

In any case, what kind of fucking retard does that to a cd?!?
One time some years back a guy sold me a CD wallet to afford a tow for his car.  I paid $20 for some junk disk only games mainly because I felt bad for the dude.  When I checked them out, all of them had his initials scratched into the disks.  I tried one, Halo 1, and it of course didn't work.  I didn't bother to try the rest.  I think I still have the CD wallet as I thought it was funny.  If I can find it I'll post a picture later.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

seieienbu

Eddie must have been signing under a pen name then.  I'm also surprised that Eddie, a man known far and wide for his love of high end Turbo software, would own such common games as Halo, NFL Blitz, Jade Empire, and Blood Rayne 2 among other similar titles.  I truly would have expected more from Eddie's discerning tastes.

esteban

^ My bad! That must have been Neddie, Eddie's half-brother (Neddie was the sports fan).

NoSexGex

Quote from: RNSpeed on 07/27/2017, 11:01 PMWho wants a $399 Turbo booster

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Turbografx-16-Turbo-Booster-AV-cables-Boxed-New-Never-Used-Boxed-Has-Wear-/272780096872?hash=item3f82f5f568:g:x1UAAOSwZfFZefFL
I see what the sellers doing. He's (trying) to charge that collectors premium for NIB, never been used crap. But in reality his box is so badly damaged nobodies ever gonna pay his NIB premium

ClodBusted

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/26/2017, 04:00 PMEddie must have been signing under a pen name then.  I'm also surprised that Eddie, a man known far and wide for his love of high end Turbo software, would own such common games as Halo, NFL Blitz, Jade Empire, and Blood Rayne 2 among other similar titles.  I truly would have expected more from Eddie's discerning tastes.
*thumbsup*

bob

Gypsy

mitsuman

Quote from: bob on 07/30/2017, 10:23 PMawesome

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302399588076
Looking at his other auctions, I think he has no method of coming up with prices for his stuff.

NoSexGex

Quote from: mitsuman on 07/30/2017, 10:55 PM
Quote from: bob on 07/30/2017, 10:23 PMawesome

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302399588076
Looking at his other auctions, I think he has no method of coming up with prices for his stuff.
Agreed, I don't understand why some sellers do this. Just looking for offers I guess, while scaring away 90% of the buyers interested

in99flames

Not turbo stuff....but equally retarded ebay crap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162253451715

So i can pay $60 for a crappy game that doesn't work? Thats amazing. I also love the confusing description:

"This includes the case, artwork, manual, and game disc with a large amount of scratches. The game does not work, but has no damage so it may be repairable."

Wait say again?? Game disc with a large amount of scratches but has no damage? *head a splode*
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

NoSexGex

Maybe the console being used to test the game was broken? It's still not worth the $60 risk, not sure what that game even sells for

TheClash603

Quote from: in99flames on 08/01/2017, 09:38 PMNot turbo stuff....but equally retarded ebay crap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162253451715

So i can pay $60 for a crappy game that doesn't work? Thats amazing. I also love the confusing description:

"This includes the case, artwork, manual, and game disc with a large amount of scratches. The game does not work, but has no damage so it may be repairable."

Wait say again?? Game disc with a large amount of scratches but has no damage? *head a splode*
I've seen this before, where a game doesn't have any scratches, but rather it has scratches.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/02/2017, 07:58 AMI've seen this before, where a game doesn't have any scratches, but rather it has scratches.
Could be a bad resurfacing job.

esteban

UPDATE: I  was reading this thread and scratching my head for the past minute. WHY? Because I had somehow landed on the FIRST PAGE and didn't realize it. I said, "Damn! It's been a long time since ______ has posted, but now he's back!"

Turns out, I have lost the ability recognize the difference between "August 2010" and "August 2017"...

ALSO: 7 years? Damn.

Gypsy

Quote from: esteban on 08/03/2017, 08:12 AMUPDATE: I  was reading this thread and scratching my head for the past minute. WHY? Because I had somehow landed on the FIRST PAGE and didn't realize it. I said, "Damn! It's been a long time since ______ has posted, but now he's back!"

Turns out, I have lost the ability recognize the difference between "August 2010" and "August 2017"...

ALSO: 7 years? Damn.

SuperPlay

Just browsing around ebay and noticed this: Coryoon currently at £310

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coryoon-PC-Engine-HuCard-Japan-jpn-grafx-duo-r-super-turbo-lt-16-console-core-gt-/332334086762?hash=item4d60a7ba6a:g:w1kAAOSwi8VZRs8o

With a listing note

"I have had to relist this item due to the non-paying winning bidder"

Interesting that I have not seen this listing before.  Taking a look at the other auctions the seller has..... What a surprise ...... Many with

'I have had to relist this item due to the non-paying winning bidder XYX'

zelda0913
catherinette09
ma_ca_va
alemeye_730

etc.etc.

bob

Gypsy

seieienbu

I'd think that if you were serious about selling a stack of games for $20,000 that you'd list all of the games in the body of the message.  With no list and without individual pictures of half the games in the first stack indicates to me one of two things.  This guy would quite possibly rip you off and only give you some of the games in that stack, or that this guy either doesn't actually want to sell his stuff and is being forced into it by somebody else and is intentionally making the shadiest auction he can.

"Baby, I tried to sell my games, but they just didn't sell.  Nobody wants them.  That's what they're worth, I'm not going to just GIVE them away!"