10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Cosmic Fantasy 2

Started by Wereroku, 06/01/2013, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wereroku

Ok so i found a copy of cosmic fantasy 2 for 24 dollars. It looks compete but i am not sure what it came with originally. Is that a good deal and what should be in the cd case?

Thanks

CrackTiger

It comes in a cardboard box (if you care about that part) like other early CD games and has a CD case with insert and manual just like regular Turbo CD games from the time.

There is a massive number of sealed copies of CF2 and Exile floating around and they sold on eBay brand new for $10 - $15 for a long time up until 2 or 3 years ago. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for a near mint copy with everything except the cardboard box.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

whisper2053

If it helps, here is a shot of my complete edition:

/imag0119es.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

SuperPlay

Royvegas pulled together a page here that shows you what each TG16 game should come with:

Turbografx Games Reference; http://s667.beta.photobucket.com/user/royvegas/library/Turbografx%20Games%20Reference

Wereroku

Cool thanks that is pretty cool. So a little high on the price but 20 with 4 in shipping is not bad.

Aggie Tsubi

Quote from: SuperPlay on 06/02/2013, 03:52 AMRoyvegas pulled together a page here that shows you what each TG16 game should come with:

Turbografx Games Reference; http://s667.beta.photobucket.com/user/royvegas/library/Turbografx%20Games%20Reference
Wow, that's really helpful. Kudos to Roy for putting that together.

Considering how a lot of Working Designs games have been climbing up in price over the last few years, I'm actually surprised that Cosmic Fantasy 2 is as reasonable as it is. Much better than the prices on their Sega CD and Saturn games.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Aggie Tsubi on 06/02/2013, 02:08 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 06/02/2013, 03:52 AMRoyvegas pulled together a page here that shows you what each TG16 game should come with:

Wow, that's really helpful. Kudos to Roy for putting that together.

Considering how a lot of Working Designs games have been climbing up in price over the last few years, I'm actually surprised that Cosmic Fantasy 2 is as reasonable as it is. Much better than the prices on their Sega CD and Saturn games.
You're telling me, I'm glad I finished the Working Designs variants before they exploded like this.  Even games that would be considered mediocre compared to other Saturn titles cost more just because they have the Working Designs name on them.

VestCunt

Quote from: Aggie Tsubi on 06/02/2013, 02:08 PMConsidering how a lot of Working Designs games have been climbing up in price over the last few years, I'm actually surprised that Cosmic Fantasy 2 is as reasonable as it is. Much better than the prices on their Sega CD and Saturn games.
There's nothing surprising about it. It's probably the most overproduced TG16 game. The market's been flooded with 'em for decades.
Topic Adjourned.

jeffhlewis

Dumb question - can you play US CD games on a PC Engine setup? Been wanting to play Cosmic Fantasy 2 for years.

Aggie Tsubi

Yeah, there's no regional lockout for discs.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2013, 06:51 PM
Quote from: Aggie Tsubi on 06/02/2013, 02:08 PMConsidering how a lot of Working Designs games have been climbing up in price over the last few years, I'm actually surprised that Cosmic Fantasy 2 is as reasonable as it is. Much better than the prices on their Sega CD and Saturn games.
There's nothing surprising about it. It's probably the most overproduced TG16 game. The market's been flooded with 'em for decades.
That explanation is based on logic, and logic has no place in a Retro Game Collector's life.

I've always been puzzled by the low price of this game. You'd think people would be gouging the shit out of each other for it. The US library is pretty meager, and IMO this rates as a very important game, TG-16-wise.
IMG