RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Resize images using BBCode you shipwads...

Started by esteban, 06/08/2014, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

I don't know why I didn't try this sooner.

YOU HAVE AN IMAGE. If you are lazy and can't use a calculator, just cut height & width of image in half (or 1/3, 1/4, 1/5 etc.)

This image was originally 720x540, so I just cut dimensions in half:

[img width=360 height=270]https://junk.tg-16.com/images/screenshot/brut_press_01.jpg[/img]

To get this:

IMG

Instead of this:

[img]https://junk.tg-16.com/images/screenshot/brut_press_01.jpg[/img]
IMG

SADLY, the shortened format (below) doesn't work on this forum:

[img=360x270]https://junk.tg-16.com/images/screenshot/brut_press_01.jpg[/img]
Will give you this:

[img=360x270]https://junk.tg-16.com/images/screenshot/brut_press_01.jpg[/img]

In conclusion,

BRUT CREW :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

tggodfrey

Thank you....Never knew that

So let me try this....

IMG

IMG
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NightWolve

Awesome tip Esteban! All those times I would resize the image itself because I never knew or saw any indication anywhere that width and height attributes were supported by the BBC image tag, what a waste and annoyance... On my forum, I enabled HTML support and would use a real image tag when I wanted resizing... Then of course editing would screw that up. You know though, I could swear I tried this before, but maybe it's only a recent enhancement in SMF ?? Could be.

Tatsujin

Opethian

IMG

SmaMan

For all our sakes I hope that bitch has his honey.

OT: Great tip! I'd definitely make use of it if Flickr didn't already do it for me.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

MrFlutterPie

I agree 100%

It's such a pain in the ass to look at the "what did you buy thread" because nobody bothers to resize their images.  I always resize my pics to 600X450 pixels before I post them to make viewing them easier.

xcrement5x

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/09/2014, 07:12 PMI agree 100%

It's such a pain in the ass to look at the "what did you buy thread" because nobody bothers to resize their images.  I always resize my pics to 600X450 pixels before I post them to make viewing them easier. 
I use flickr and one of the BBC options they have is near perfect at like 640 or something.  I am too lazy to resize.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

roflmao

The fluid width hack  Nulltard came up with works wonders for large images.  :)

(I didn't know you could add width and height values to the img code which is very useful!  Thanks!)

esteban

I am bumping this...

...because it requires basic math and y'all need to practice the basics*.

ALSO, I refuse to use Nulltard's hack.

So think of this as a work-around for Nulltard's reach-around.

*Actually, I am bumping this because BBCode image resize can be used creatively. It is another tool to use. Or abused.

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/15/2015, 11:42 AMGood forums auto resize.
Nonsense. We are old skool. It's manual, or its nothin'.

:)

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

Well, you could have chosen a better image to make it more fun. :)

/ibnZDgGDXDQ4RU.gif

Gentlegamer

IMG

esteban

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gentlegamer

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/15/2015, 07:35 PM/ibnZDgGDXDQ4RU.gif
/ibnZDgGDXDQ4RU.gif

NOTE TO TAPATALK USERS: Tapatalk resizes images, so this thread is entertaining for folks using traditional browsers... :)

technozombie

I started using an app simply called photo resizer. Yes it's an extra step but its worth it.

Gentlegamer

IMG

roflmao

Thanks to this thread I've been adding the width specification to images.  Or use my old wordpress site, which is where I usually host the images.  It automatically resizes images.

Picasa is also a good program for resizing images - and it's free.

Arkhan Asylum

/why-dont-you-go-fuck-yourself-photo-comment.jpg
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!