@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Crafts!

Started by Sadler, 08/26/2014, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadler

Let's see your TG16 craft projects! I'll start.

I've posted these first two before long ago, but here's a CD holder I made in middle school:

/24oq8ol.jpg

And here's a Club Turbo I butchered as a child in an effort to make it hard covered:

/25k2zb5.jpg

Here's a clock I made long ago. This might have been a project I did in boy scouts, I really don't remember. I'm not sure what happened to the hands on the clock face.

/34r99jd.jpg

Finally, this doesn't really count, but here's some sweet-ass TG16 CNC'd sign I bought off of ebay:

/33f52m1.jpg

Show me what you guys have done! Either as a child or an adult, doesn't matter. I just want to see what cool stuff you guys have made! :D

Ayce

I can't let you see it yet since I'm going through a redesign... but I'm going to make a shelving unit that will be the proper size to hold all of the boxed US game collection with additional room for unlicensed and some Japanese games. At the top of it I'm going to install a TG16 marquee with lights behind it.

Sadler

Quote from: Ayce on 08/26/2014, 11:32 PMI can't let you see it yet since I'm going through a redesign... but I'm going to make a shelving unit that will be the proper size to hold all of the boxed US game collection with additional room for unlicensed and some Japanese games. At the top of it I'm going to install a TG16 marquee with lights behind it.
Very cool! I look forward to seeing pictures when it's done! :D Can you give any more details on how you plan to make the marquee?

MrFlutterPie

I have made a few custom action figures off some of my favourite Turbo games.

IMG
IMG

Rick Taylor V.1

IMG

Rick Taylor V.2

Everything is fully articulated and fully poseable.

Sadler

Man, that is super cool! What did you use as the basis for the Bonk/Rick action figures?

Ayce

Quote from: Sadler on 08/27/2014, 10:48 AM
Quote from: Ayce on 08/26/2014, 11:32 PMI can't let you see it yet since I'm going through a redesign... but I'm going to make a shelving unit that will be the proper size to hold all of the boxed US game collection with additional room for unlicensed and some Japanese games. At the top of it I'm going to install a TG16 marquee with lights behind it.
Very cool! I look forward to seeing pictures when it's done! :D Can you give any more details on how you plan to make the marquee?
I'm designing it using GIMP and then going to have it printed by Game On Grafix. Here is an example of their work in my recent cab that I built. The side art, control panel overlay, and marquee printed by them.

/10253775_10202213101703382_2306698402293632313_n.jpg

The back lighting that I'll use will just be strips of leds hooked up to a 12v power supply.

Sadler

Wow, that looks great! Can't wait to see how the TG16 marquee turns out!

esteban

UPDATE: Inspired by this very thread.....ha!

NOT MY WORK, but I want others to have fun making them:

https://www.tg-16.com/tg16_cubee_craft.htm

IMG

MY STUFF...

Shrinkydink BONK and PC GENJIN BANANAS "pendants" for necklace (ha!):

IMG

BONK + CRAYONS:

IMG
IMG
IMG

BONK FOR PREZ:

IMG IMG

SEXY LINGERIE FOR SPECIAL HuCARD:
IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ayce

[edit]
Ah now the images are working.

Sadler

Too damn cool este!

Ayce

I'd like to see someone who has 3D modeling skills make some papercrafts. I found this one today IMG
... but unfortunately it's the closest that I found concerning the TurboGrafx.

esteban

Quote from: Ayce on 08/27/2014, 06:54 PMI'd like to see someone who has 3D modeling skills make some papercrafts. I found this one today IMG
There are a bunch of TG-16-related box thingies....I had an old thread with some of them, but the links, well, I don't know if the links work still.

Search "TG-16" and  "pop culture" or something.

esteban

Quote from: Ayce on 08/27/2014, 05:59 PM[edit]
Ah now the images are working.
I accidentally had triplicate images, but I just fixed it.  :pcgs:

Sadler

Quote from: esteban on 08/27/2014, 07:23 PM
Quote from: Ayce on 08/27/2014, 06:54 PMI'd like to see someone who has 3D modeling skills make some papercrafts. I found this one today
snip

There are a bunch of TG-16-related box thingies....I had an old thread with some of them, but the links, well, I don't know if the links work still.

Search "TG-16" and  "pop culture" or something.
CubeeCraft! Here's the TG16 stuffs.

EDIT: Actually that doesn't give you the templates. The link to the templates is sadly dead. :( I'll see if I can find the originals somewhere, I may still have them on my old work machine.

EDIT2: Found 'em! See this post for the templates.

Here's my awesome display of laziness, giving up after the head:

/10wlg5f.jpg

johnnymad

I've made a few perler bead sprites. Mostly NES characters but I plan on making some TG characters when I get the chance.

MrFlutterPie

This thread is so full of win!

I made the Bonk figure out of a Mighty Muggs figure and the two ricks were made out of wrestling figures.

Ayce

Quote from: johnnymad on 08/27/2014, 09:54 PMI've made a few perler bead sprites. Mostly NES characters but I plan on making some TG characters when I get the chance.
I've thought about making some of those... I don't know what I would do with them afterwards, so I'd have to make a large scene that can be framed.

roflmao

I've done some Perler bead thingys too:

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

There are a few others I haven't gotten around to photographing, but that's most of 'em.

I also did a Gocco print run of the Alpha Suit:
IMG

IMG

IMG

Created a t-shirt based on Hellfire S:

IMG

And created a cd case for the awesome Choopsado!

IMG

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. :D

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sadler on 08/27/2014, 08:41 PMCubeeCraft! Here's the TG16 stuffs.
There's Doreamon there too.  I've also found Adol and Gillian Seed, though they're a different style (not so boxy).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

i have been working on a "craft" for over a year.  but *sigh*, no fruits of my labor yet.
i keep stepping away for weeks at a time.  i need to find momentum.

Sadler

Damn rofl, that's some really awesome stuff! I had seen some of your perler stuff before, but wow. How did you make the t-shirt?

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2014, 10:01 AM
Quote from: Sadler on 08/27/2014, 08:41 PMCubeeCraft! Here's the TG16 stuffs.
There's Doreamon there too.  I've also found Adol and Gillian Seed, though they're a different style (not so boxy).
Link? :D Or are they missing now too? :(

Quote from: galam on 08/28/2014, 10:06 AMi have been working on a "craft" for over a year.  but *sigh*, no fruits of my labor yet.
i keep stepping away for weeks at a time.  i need to find momentum.
What are you working on? :D

Here's a pretty bad pic of a very cool Bomberman dude my buddy printed for me on his 3D printer:

/28anqs1.jpg

NecroPhile

Here's Doraemon: /doraemon.jpg

I can't find the other two.  :|

*edit*

Here's he is put together and hanging out with Bombermen:

IMG

Sadler

esteban

I still love ROFLMAOTSETUNG's perler bead sprites! Weren't you designing an awesome t-shirt with that Keith Courage image? I thought you silk-screened one, or something?

bob

i still see the damn duck in the blazing lazers ship ever since it was pointed out.
howard.

esteban

Quote from: galam on 08/28/2014, 12:20 PMi still see the damn duck in the blazing lazers ship ever since it was pointed out.
howard.
I know, me too. Crazy! Somebody has to link to that specific post.  :pcgs:

WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

bob

Sadler

Love it Nulltard! Glad to see I wasn't the only one that nerdy growing up. :lol: That's actually some damn fine work! No wonder you are so skilled at depicting Evo! :D

Sadler

Found the original CubeeCraft TG16 characters! I put 'em on tinypic, but I have the original images if someone wants to rehost better. Please PM me!

IMG

Bomberman white
Bomberman black
Bonk
Zonk

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 08/28/2014, 03:15 PMFound the original CubeeCraft TG16 characters! I put 'em on tinypic, but I have the original images if someone wants to rehost better. Please PM me!
Bomberman white
Bomberman black
Bonk
Zonk
I'll host stuff that won't get me in trouble. PM incoming.

esteban

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/28/2014, 01:22 PMIts been a while since I've gotten crafty.

Then at the ripe old age of 14 or 15 I upgraded to watercolor.

youngnullart7.jpg

I should really do something crafty again sometime soon. :/
Send that to me. I'll hang it up in my living room, next to my desk!  :pcgs:

Sadler

Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2014, 03:36 PM
Quote from: Sadler on 08/28/2014, 03:15 PMFound the original CubeeCraft TG16 characters! I put 'em on tinypic, but I have the original images if someone wants to rehost better. Please PM me!
Bomberman white
Bomberman black
Bonk
Zonk
Awesome, thank you sir! :D

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2014, 03:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/28/2014, 01:22 PMIts been a while since I've gotten crafty.

Then at the ripe old age of 14 or 15 I upgraded to watercolor.

youngnullart7.jpg

Send that to me. I'll hang it up in my living room, next to my desk!  :pcgs:
I agree this is really well done and you did this when you were only 14-15 damn!

esteban

Gentlegamer

I'm worthless with crafts.

The best thing I ever made was a little pac-man cut out of yellow construction paper for my great-grandmother when I was around three.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2014, 01:22 PMThen at the ripe old age of 14 or 15 I upgraded to watercolor.

youngnullart7.jpg

I recognize that as a painting from AD&D. Is the original by Clyde Caldwell?

fake edit: found it, it is Caldwell

IMG
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Gentlegamer

Oh, I hoped you were an old school AD&D fan.

Caldwell was a fantastic 'silver age' fantasy artist, along with Elmore and Easley.

wayback.clydecaldwell.com/pages/gallery.html

Caldwell's Ravenloft art was cribbed for Castlevania II.

IMG

/simon-01.jpg
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 08/28/2014, 05:07 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 08/28/2014, 01:22 PMThen at the ripe old age of 14 or 15 I upgraded to watercolor.

youngnullart7.jpg

I recognize that as a painting from AD&D. Is the original by Clyde Caldwell?

IMG
Caldwell's stuff is the best. I really like the stuff he did for ravenloft. I'm a ad&d nerd BTW. LOL Man I miss the days of THAC0 :(

roflmao

Quote from: Sadler on 08/28/2014, 10:30 AMDamn rofl, that's some really awesome stuff! I had seen some of your perler stuff before, but wow. How did you make the t-shirt?
The t-shirt was just an iron-on transfer. :)

I'm too lazy to look up the thread for the Blazing Lazers Duck, but here's the image I was working on:

IMG

I see a duck now every time I play that game!

And yeah, I was working on the Alpha Suit for a t-shirt but I just haven't gotten around to testing it out... I have all the materials so it's just a matter of motivation these days. :/

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/28/2014, 04:30 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/28/2014, 04:08 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2014, 03:39 PMSend that to me. I'll hang it up in my living room, next to my desk!  :pcgs:
I agree this is really well done and you did this when you were only 14-15 damn!
hah, thanks guys.  You motivated me to find a larger photo of it and it was Jan '95, so I was 15.  Doesn't look quite as nice once you can see it in full detail. (warning: large file)
ootg.webp
I like your drawrings. :3
IMG

Ayce

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/28/2014, 05:18 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 08/28/2014, 05:07 PMI recognize that as a painting from AD&D. Is the original by Clyde Caldwell?

His looks way better than mine. (:  I took my Order of the Griffon box to school and painted it in art class.  You can tell where I had to make shit up because it was covered by text or logos.

ootg_caldwell.jpg IMG
ootg.webp
I never even knew it had been used for Spellfire or anything other than OotG until years later, or I would have tried to find a larger and less texted/logoed print to copy from.

back on topic:

Others! Show your stuffs! :D
If you were that good as a freshman I'd like to see what you can do now.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Ayce on 08/29/2014, 09:05 AMIf you were that good as a freshman I'd like to see what you can do now.
Nulltard's recent masterpiece:
evochoaniki_large.webp

esteban

Null's Evo Cho Aniki is totally relevant for this thread, that's the funniest thing.   :pcgs:

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 08/28/2014, 03:53 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2014, 03:36 PM
Bomberman white
Bomberman black
Bonk
Zonk
Awesome, thank you sir! :D
Inspired by Sadler and this thread.....

NOT MY WORK, but I want others to have fun making them:

https://www.tg-16.com/tg16_cubee_craft.htm

16bit001.png
IMGIMG
IMGIMG
IMG

WANTED: there is an ADOL (BoxPunx) by the same dude (Jason Harlon)....I found the old post I made, which may provide some clues (harlancore.com is defunct, sadly).

OLD THREAD: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=368782

I don't twittershittertweetsheet, but if someone did that on my behalf, you can use my contact info.

COME ON, Y'ALL THINK YOU ARE TECH SAVVY? Prove it.

Think of it as Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective Volume Ys

:pcgs:

NecroPhile

Family photo time!

IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2014, 03:11 PMFamily photo time!

IMG
Ha!  :pcgs: L'awesome.

UPDATE: I added this photo to the page!  :pcgs:

esteban

MrFulci

Quote from: esteban on 08/30/2014, 01:23 PMhttps://www.tg-16.com/tg16_cubee_craft.htm#family_portrait
Is TG-16 the site I donated that mess of TG-16 magazine adverts to? I was trying to figure that out a few days ago, as I kept the TIFs archived. I couldn't remember what site I donated them to, only that the person I donated them to complained I did not reference all the mags I scanned them from, along with cover scans from said mags. Was that you, esteban? I think I sent a CD-R or DVD-R of the scans (TIFs, 40mb or so each).

If needed again, I still have them, and in the future, I may go through them 100% proper.

*edited - For added information, the scanned ads, which weren't even all of them, as whomever I was sending them to years ago told me that X amount of info was enough. I also have a mess of TZD flyers scanned. 3.4gb of TG-16 magazine ads, TIF format. About 1gb of TZD flyers, 1gb.

Never got rid of them, after all those years, since it too time to scan, and I had the space (...and it was TG-16!!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Ayce

Here is a mock of the shelf I plan on building.
/2ypj0ba.jpg

The marquee at the top will be lit up by LED strips. Each shelf will also have an LED strip pointing downward on the game titles so they can be viewed in the dark. There is enough room for 184 games. This way it can account for a full US set as well as homebrew stuff and some Japanese games.

I'm going to use orange t-molding to off set all the black that will be on it... and to bring a bit of oldschool flair to the design.

esteban

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/30/2014, 01:27 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/30/2014, 01:23 PMhttps://www.tg-16.com/tg16_cubee_craft.htm#family_portrait
Is TG-16 the site I donated that mess of TG-16 magazine adverts to? I was trying to figure that out a few days ago, as I kept the TIFs archived. I couldn't remember what site I donated them to, only that the person I donated them to complained I did not reference all the mags I scanned them from, along with cover scans from said mags. Was that you, esteban? I think I sent a CD-R or DVD-R of the scans (TIFs, 40mb or so each).

If needed again, I still have them, and in the future, I may go through them 100% proper.

*edited - For added information, the scanned ads, which weren't even all of them, as whomever I was sending them to years ago told me that X amount of info was enough. I also have a mess of TZD flyers scanned. 3.4gb of TG-16 magazine ads, TIF format. About 1gb of TZD flyers, 1gb.

Never got rid of them, after all those years, since it too time to scan, and I had the space (...and it was TG-16!!
Yes, that was me! Dude, how many years ago was that?

Yes, I totally asked if you could help match the scans to specific issues, because, you may have noticed, I get totally OCD when it comes to referencing stuff.

TANGENT: I've been looking for a disc that someone sent me years ago, from Puerto Rico, and I always forget to ask if it was a young Old_Rover who sent it. Why? Because he lived in PR and obviously there are only 5-6 Turbo fans in PR (j/k).

I'll be honest, any help documenting TG-16 stuff would be great. If you don't see it listed in that "big list", I'd love to add it, even if we don't have a scan yet.

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm

Quote from: Ayce on 09/13/2014, 01:00 PMHere is a mock of the shelf I plan on building.
/2ypj0ba.jpg

The marquee at the top will be lit up by LED strips. Each shelf will also have an LED strip pointing downward on the game titles so they can be viewed in the dark. There is enough room for 184 games. This way it can account for a full US set as well as homebrew stuff and some Japanese games.

I'm going to use orange t-molding to off set all the black that will be on it... and to bring a bit of oldschool flair to the design.
I love it because it looks like a nice shelf originally designed for retail space! I wouldn't put it in my living room, of course, but I love the "retail" vibe.  :pcgs: