OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

WTB: Genuine 5-pin Din AV cable for Duo/R/RX/Core

Started by bozo55, 06/30/2015, 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozo55

If anyone has an original NEC AV stereo cable they're not using, I'd like to buy it.  My 3rd party cable sucks and does not connect firmly.

Thank you for your time.

CrackTiger

The official cables don't work nearly as well as midi cables do.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2015, 11:22 AMThe official cables don't work nearly as well as midi cables do.
Call me ignorant, but could you link to a pair of MIDI cables that are decent? I was going to place an order from monoprice.com , but I've had both great and mediocre quality products (overall, I am still pleased with monoprice)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

I can't say which current brands are good. Over the years I've talked about my experiences with various ones I picked up. None worked any worse than the rest, which were all better than first party Turbo/PCE cables.

The first ones I tried I found in a clearance bin of a music store. After figuring out how to use them and how great they worked. I then ordered a bunch in different lengths from a site for a store in the U.K. Even the incredibly long set worked perfectly. The only issue is testing out each connection to narrow down which are composite/left/right and then I snip off the extra cord(s?). I printed off yellow/white/red swatches on CD label sticker paper and cut small strips off to color code each cord.

I stopped worrying about official cables after getting my first s-video mod many years ago. I still hang on to some of these midi cables in case I need to set up a few systems at a convention someday or lend one to a friend.

Before all that, I bought a new unofficial Duo cable from an eBay seller and it barely worked at all. They continued to sell garbage for years from what I heard. Most of the midi cables I bought were also only a few dollars, so it's worth trying out.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bozo55

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2015, 01:22 PMI can't say which current brands are good. Over the years I've talked about my experiences with various ones I picked up. None worked any worse than the rest, which were all better than first party Turbo/PCE cables.

The first ones I tried I found in a clearance bin of a music store. After figuring out how to use them and how great they worked. I then ordered a bunch in different lengths from a site for a store in the U.K. Even the incredibly long set worked perfectly. The only issue is testing out each connection to narrow down which are composite/left/right and then I snip off the extra cord(s?). I printed off yellow/white/red swatches on CD label sticker paper and cut small strips off to color code each cord.

I stopped worrying about official cables after getting my first s-video mod many years ago. I still hang on to some of these midi cables in case I need to set up a few systems at a convention someday or lend one to a friend.

Before all that, I bought a new unofficial Duo cable from an eBay seller and it barely worked at all. They continued to sell garbage for years from what I heard. Most of the midi cables I bought were also only a few dollars, so it's worth trying out.
Thanks for the idea.  Do you recommend any RCA jacks in particular?

MotherGunner

Also interested in some high quality midi cables myself in case anyone knows.

Thanks!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Skins4thewin

Maybe I am missing something here, but are these MIDI cables supposed to have composite RCA outs on them?  Going on Monoprice, all I can find are MIDI cables with the large 5 pin din at each end... do these AV cables you speak of have to be constructed from these MIDI cables then?

ClodBusted

I usually build my own cables using single connectors (DIN, RCA, etc.) and shielded cables (either robbed from RCA cables or  from bulk stock). Works best, if you are able to solder.