@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja Spirit

Finally got parodius, now I have all 4 Konami HuCards....and Rockman no Constancy Famicom repro, that game is HARD-D-D-D-D!!!!
IMG
IMG

Mathius

How is your Twin Fami holding up?

esteban

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/26/2013, 03:18 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/26/2013, 12:28 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/26/2013, 12:25 PMAt a Milwaukee Goodwill:

Game and Watch (Mario Bros) in MINT condition....for...$.49 cents!
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/26/2013, 12:25 PMAt a Milwaukee Goodwill:

Game and Watch (Mario Bros) in MINT condition....for...$.49 cents!
dude post pics of stuff like that
I cleaned it up and took the price sticker off asap so it wouldn't get residue on the label, but here are the after pics:

Pictures:

/n5dn.jpg
/7jnt.jpg
/gv3j.jpg

and original post on segaage:

http://segaage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=47&threadid=101519
DUDE, that G&W is in MINT condition. Sweet find!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

I try to collect G&W, but finding them at a good price is VERY difficult.

My recent pickups included a bunch of stuff from the Fan Expo in Canada.  Specifically the following:

- Phantasm poster master print signed by Don Coscarelli.
- Pokemon Heartgold NIB w/ pokedex
- Archie Meets the Punisher comic
- Ilsa She Wolf of the SS DVD

Got a bunch of promo stuffs too, such as:
- Playstation 4 t-shirt
- Playstation 4 sunglasses
- Playstation 4 keychain
- Xbox One Lanyard
- Batman 66 #1 comic
- tons of other crap

I also have two Laseractive games on the way in the mail.  Back to the Edo and Demon's Judgement.  This completes my Laseractive set, except for a Demon's Judgement obi.  Damn obi just pissing me off now...

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/26/2013, 11:03 PMI try to collect G&W, but finding them at a good price is VERY difficult.

My recent pickups included a bunch of stuff from the Fan Expo in Canada.  Specifically the following:

- Phantasm poster master print signed by Don Coscarelli.
- Pokemon Heartgold NIB w/ pokedex
- Archie Meets the Punisher comic
- Ilsa She Wolf of the SS DVD

Got a bunch of promo stuffs too, such as:
- Playstation 4 t-shirt
- Playstation 4 sunglasses
- Playstation 4 keychain
- Xbox One Lanyard
- Batman 66 #1 comic
- tons of other crap

I also have two Laseractive games on the way in the mail.  Back to the Edo and Demon's Judgement.  This completes my Laseractive set, except for a Demon's Judgement obi.  Damn obi just pissing me off now...
Ahhhhahah, it was you who got that Back to the Edo!  I was watching it but it went for more than I was willing to pay ;)

SmaMan

I just bought all three SNES Street Fighter II games on Wii U, because I guess I pretty much have to collect every single iteration of this game now... and they were doing a pretty sweet deal of them too. :D

IMG

What made this even harder to miss is that I got SSFII at an even greater discount for already having it on the Wii. :P
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

whisper2053

/f9vu.jpg

*does a little dance* :D
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PunkCryborg

I bought beer today
/gl25.jpg
Got my growlers filled  8)

Nando

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/26/2013, 05:37 PM/b1f38f9605d611e3a7ed22000a1f8f24_7.jpg
Nice! I've never heard of this hack before, will have to look into it. What all is different?

liquitek

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/27/2013, 04:29 PMI bought beer today
/gl25.jpg
Got my growlers filled  8)
EBS & an IPA?  Both sound awesome.  You on Untappd?

MrFlutterPie

I bought a 6' 8 pin mini-din MF cable :)

Flare65

Quote from: whisper2053 on 08/27/2013, 04:24 PM/f9vu.jpg

*does a little dance* :D
That looks like one of those SCART to RGB boards....correct me if I'm wrong.  I've seen a few of those on ebay, but never with any sort of case/mounting, just a bare board.  Did you buy the clear case to put it in?  Also, do you need a separate power supply to run it?

whisper2053

Quote from: Flare65 on 08/27/2013, 11:41 PMThat looks like one of those SCART to RGB boards....correct me if I'm wrong.  I've seen a few of those on ebay, but never with any sort of case/mounting, just a bare board.  Did you buy the clear case to put it in?  Also, do you need a separate power supply to run it?
Close! It's actually a GBS-8200 scaler unit encased and purchased from ArcadeForge. I do have the piece you mention though, as can be seen here in the full setup (connected to my Saturn at the time):

/b3i8.jpg
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Nando on 08/27/2013, 04:35 PM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/26/2013, 05:37 PM/b1f38f9605d611e3a7ed22000a1f8f24_7.jpg
Nice! I've never heard of this hack before, will have to look into it. What all is different?
Insane Megaman 2 hack...

You gotta see it for yourself. I've beaten alot of Megaman games, and this almost made me want to break a lamp

Nando

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/28/2013, 08:56 AM.... and this almost made me want to break a lamp
LMAO! I must check this out.

Mathius

Quote from: Nando on 08/28/2013, 09:57 AM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/28/2013, 08:56 AM.... and this almost made me want to break a lamp
LMAO! I must check this out.
I hear bits of music from Ducktales' moon stage theme and Legend of Valkyrie during Airman's stage. Pretty cool but a little abrasive sounding. The original Megaman 2 music sounded way better.

SmaMan

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/28/2013, 08:56 AM
Quote from: Nando on 08/27/2013, 04:35 PM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/26/2013, 05:37 PM(image)
Insane Megaman 2 hack...

You gotta see it for yourself. I've beaten alot of Megaman games, and this almost made me want to break a lamp
I hear there's also a hard patch for that hack, where you have no invincibility time after being hit.  :shock:
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

whisper2053

/aku7.jpg

Dreamcast love. That is all.
IMG

SmaMan

I picked up an RF adaptor to replace my Famicom one that died, and I had been using for my PC Engine. Anyway, it was just a cheap, fancily packaged HK one from Retro-Bit. Let's take a look at the back of the box. (I don't have good pictures of the cable itself...)
IMG
Notice how it contradicts itself, it says it goes to Channel 13 on the left side, but 3 or 4 on the paragraph on the right! Also, there's no way you could "seamlessly" switch from TV to game unless you have some kind of dual RF adaptor. It comes with a standard RF to coax cable, and a box that basically just works as an adaptor for a Sega Genesis Model 2. There's no other coax port on the box itself unlike the NES-101 gray box model.

Le sigh... either way it works alright with my PC Engine. Not the best picture, but I've seen much worse.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/28/2013, 08:56 AMInsane Megaman 2 hack...

Interesting...  Metal Man's stage sounds like the opening state of X2... :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

The holy trinity, in Sharp x68000 form!

IMG

Couple of other random pickups - California Games is the blue label re-release, and Alex Kidd is the red label re-release (2 down, 4 to go on the re-releases). I picked up the copy of Sonic because I noticed it was a U.S. seller and had a faint sticker on the back. I can't tell 100% because of sticker damage but I think this is a U.S. copy of Sonic. Might have to head over to SegaAge to verify.

IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/28/2013, 10:09 PMThe holy trinity, in Sharp x68000 form!

IMG

Couple of other random pickups - California Games is the blue label re-release, and Alex Kidd is the red label re-release (2 down, 4 to go on the re-releases). I picked up the copy of Sonic because I noticed it was a U.S. seller and had a faint sticker on the back. I can't tell 100% because of sticker damage but I think this is a U.S. copy of Sonic. Might have to head over to SegaAge to verify.

IMG
Trinity?  Dude you totally need Thunder Blade.  It's still the best port of the game.  And for best results, get yourself a Cyberstick analog controller.  All 4 of those games support it for maximum awesomeness.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

tggodfrey

I managed to find a TG16 boxed with all paperwork in awesome shape for a nice price. 

Other than that, this new little gem has kept me from buying much (7800.00).
The rig on the left is my new parachute, right is the old one.  you can see the size difference, new one is smaller and far more aggressive.

NewChute.jpg
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10200631176324269
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/28/2013, 10:09 PMCouple of other random pickups - California Games is the blue label re-release, and Alex Kidd is the red label re-release (2 down, 4 to go on the re-releases). I picked up the copy of Sonic because I noticed it was a U.S. seller and had a faint sticker on the back. I can't tell 100% because of sticker damage but I think this is a U.S. copy of Sonic. Might have to head over to SegaAge to verify.

IMG
Are any of the numbers on the code visible from the sticker in its current condition?
--DragonmasterDan

Tatsujin

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/28/2013, 07:35 PM

first stage played is Valkyre no densetsu theme..great :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/29/2013, 09:28 AM

With a dash of Ducktales. :wink:

Nando

Quote from: Mathius on 08/29/2013, 09:40 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/29/2013, 09:28 AM

With a dash of Ducktales. :wink:
The graphics are really well done too. I've had to pause and stare a few times.

PunkCryborg

Nando

PunkCryborg

I don't know I've only had it in my possession for a couple hours :P

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/29/2013, 01:20 PMI don't know I've only had it in my possession for a couple hours :P
NO EXCUSES!

We expect a full report by sundown.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Nando

Quote from: esteban on 08/29/2013, 03:57 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/29/2013, 01:20 PMI don't know I've only had it in my possession for a couple hours :P
NO EXCUSES!

Quote from: esteban on 08/29/2013, 03:57 PM
NO EXCUSES!

OBEY!

bartre

it's okay Punk, it took me about 2 months to play rayxanber III.
course, i had a valid excuse - my system was getting UPGRADED.

what's yours?

BlueBMW

Not really game related, but period correct...

Bought this broken for cheap.  Repaired some corrosion and broken traces inside, loaded up SIX "C" batteries and now it works just like I remember!

Built by tender young hands in the Peoples Republic of China in 1990, I bring you the Hot Keyz by Tyco!

/hotkeyz_zps0eb5386c.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES / Cart only): $2.50
IMG

xcrement5x

Damn Beemer, never has use of the adjective RAD been more appropriate!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/30/2013, 12:25 AMBuilt by tender young hands in the Peoples Republic of China in 1990, I bring you the Hot Keyz by Tyco!
/hotkeyz_zps0eb5386c.jpg
Oh wow, didn't know they had a keyboard version of this.

I had the "Hott Lixx" Guitar, which TOTALLY SUCKED - nowhere near as cool as it was in the commercial:

Nando

Beemer Tunes! where are they?

futureman2000

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

sirhcman

not really gaming related but i picked this up recently..

IMG

Tatsujin

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

sirhcman

turboswimbz

Damn I put that orginally but then thought nooooo, oh well.  WRx is better IMO anyway.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

sirhcman

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/31/2013, 11:17 AMDamn I put that orginally but then thought nooooo, oh well.  WRx is better IMO anyway.
It is my first Japanese car and I absolutely love it! :)

turboswimbz

I have ru too. and love the thing.

BlueBMW

turboswimbz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/31/2013, 11:43 AMSubaruski

Its no BMW..  :|
Problem is paying a damn BMW master mechanic 983258235-28 dollars an hour when something stupid breaks on it. ;)

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/31/2013, 11:43 AMSubaruski

Its no BMW..  :|
I am on car #4 in my lifetime and I haven't ventured outside of US makes.

My videogame / electronics purchases support Asia enough already.  Buying US cars is the least I can do to keep Detroit from looking like Somalia.