@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The Petition to Ban Xak

Started by Arjak, 01/29/2014, 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

i like Xak mkII 100 times more than ol' fark Xak.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

array(10) { [0]=> int(0) [1]=> int(1715539880) [2]=> string(13) "18.224.66.196" [3]=> string(16) "?topic=16176.100" [4]=> string(84) "512: loadMemberContext(): member id '5737' not previously loaded by loadMemberData()" [5]=> string(32) "648f10c51622d44c361d8fd9e0e1259d" [6]=> string(7) "general" [7]=> string(76) "/home/u171605139/domains/pcengine-fx.com/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php" [8]=> int(1725) [9]=> string(864) "[{"function":"smf_error_handler"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Load.php","line":1725,"function":"trigger_error"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Display.php","line":1460,"function":"loadMemberContext"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Themes\/default\/Display.template.php","line":256,"function":"prepareDisplayContext"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Load.php","line":2778,"function":"template_main"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/Sources\/Subs.php","line":4259,"function":"loadSubTemplate"},{"file":"\/home\/u171605139\/domains\/pcengine-fx.com\/public_html\/forums\/index.php","line":192,"function":"obExit"}]" }

&amp;#1061;ak

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Хak on 02/07/2014, 10:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/07/2014, 09:32 PM
Quote from: The Old Rover on 02/07/2014, 04:43 PMI am so confused. I need my pills.
Someone needs pills here but I don't think its you rover
No I have plenty of pills. Thanks tho!

PunkCryborg

Looks like the Xaks are gone  :lol:

OldRover

Doesn't bother me either way. *shrug*
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arjak

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/09/2014, 02:11 PMLooks like the Xaks are gone  :lol:
You're sure? How do you know? 8-[
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

bob

I don't see Xak listed in the members list anymore.
But if he's gone, he'll surely be back.  Now we have to be suspicious of all new members...?

Sparky

Great to hear.. He was a cunt

Tatsujin

he'll be back soon anyway. better get him exposed fast.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NightWolve

Reports of his departure were premature. His account hasn't gone anywhere. Right here:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=5185
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=5185

Only been 3 days of quiet. Hasn't logged in since the 7th. But yeah, neither accounts (his clone included) come up in the memberlist search, dunno why. Maybe the user/login-name is different from the display name of "Xak" ? Hm, I don't see how you can do that having checked just now, unless a mod did it for you.

EDIT: Alright, I tried to send a test PM to that account, I received a "User 'Xak' can not receive personal messages." message.

Hahaha! I don't believe it, replicating him did the trick!!! Jean Claude Van Xak got tired of us... :( Or, it indicates that the account is banned, this petition got Joe's attention ? I mean, if he chose to delete his account, it SHOULD be gone. There's a way that SMF operates when that happens, this isn't it, I should NOT be able to look up his profile, nor see his signature, avatar, etc. - I think the account has likely just been banned.

Anyway, party's over. All go home now. ;)

Tatsujin

he never EVER would suicide his own account. so he got just banned is the most plausible version so far.

Opethian

and nothing of value was lost!
IMG

geise

OldRover

He didn't bother me. Nothing of value was lost, and nothing of value was gained. Either way, nothing changes.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 01/30/2014, 09:26 PMI honestly believe that banning Xak would simply make things worse.  Also, his recent behavior hasn't been nearly as bad as the past, so, at worst, he is a minor nuisance.  Ignore him, if you so wish.  I'd like to think that we can resolve this without resorting to extreme measures.
For the record, I wanted to point out my thoughts are in line with esteban here basically. The thing about Xak is he just never really crossed the banning line I thought. As annoying, as lame, as dumb as his shtick was and all that bullshit bragging, I wouldn't have made the final call to say it was all a ban-able offense. I just didn't feel it crossed into a, "Be gone yee, and NEVER return!" situation.

Maybe I've grown a little soft over the years, I dunno. I figured eventually enough criticism would moderate him (via trolling), but that takes a while, and sometimes it just doesn't work with certain people plus others get annoyed with the hostility of that approach (as voiced in this thread).

Also, I was kind of surprised that Arjak formally made a petition thread but that is what you need to get the mods' attention around here. That's sort of what it took to ban RegalSin finally, and we did get opposition to that ban as well. Thus, I don't reject the idea outright.

But yeah, while I wouldn't have gone as far as a thread in this case, I can respect/understand those that really did want to ban 'im. It's just that with him and his "I love and forgive you guys..." shtick, there wasn't like serious hatefulness about the guy (as dumb/annoying as he is) and when there was, he just looked like the joker anyway, plus there wasn't something significantly or genuinely offensive/serious like RegalSin's pedophilia issues and reporting that the police raided his home, took his computers because, in his own immortalized words, "I kept downloading and downloading and downloading...", etc.

Well, that's my 2 cents. I would've settled for just continuing to troll him on occasion. ;)

NecroPhile

While he hasn't been all that bad recently, I'm pro banning for his past transgressions.  Unrepentant thieves don't deserve a second chance.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

banned ONCE...dont come back.  obviously not welcome.

PCEngineHell

Per the ban policy, I do have to agree. He was banned prior, and he snuck back in where he was not welcome. If the mods wanted him gone, it was their call and right to do so.

CrackTiger

Quote from: galam on 02/10/2014, 12:19 PMbanned ONCE...dont come back.  obviously not welcome.
He's been banned thrice, that we know of.

I'm not advocating that anyone be banned, but I don't understand why Nintega gets banned each time a new alias is uncovered, but Validus gets a free pass. Is it just because Nat is gone now and if so, are Nintega, Xray and Regalsin welcome back if they rejoin with different usernames?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/11/2014, 02:29 PM
Quote from: galam on 02/10/2014, 12:19 PMbanned ONCE...dont come back.  obviously not welcome.

I'm not advocating that anyone be banned, but I don't understand why Nintega gets banned each time a new alias is uncovered, but Validus gets a free pass. Is it just because Nat is gone now and if so, are Nintega, Xray and Regalsin welcome back if they rejoin with different usernames?
No, they are not welcome back.

Tatsujin

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/11/2014, 08:52 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/11/2014, 02:29 PM

No, they are not welcome back.
sure not welcome back. Jesus! But there's nothing wrong against some temporary uberlulz with them before the next banhammer falls.

turbokon

Sorry, I don't get all the hate on Xak.  I don't know what all went down but I do know me and him have a couple of things in common, turbografx's and van damme but whatever....
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

chany60126

Quote from: turbokon on 03/20/2014, 09:01 AMSorry, I don't get all the hate on Xak.  I don't know what all went down but I do know me and him have a couple of things in common, turbografx's and van damme but whatever....
I too love Van Damme's movies. But Xak was being a nuissance to the forum. He kept crashing threads with irrelevant posts related to drugs, women and other randomness. He was a cool guy at first, until he showed his true colors. He was previously banned from the forum a couple of years ago for doing the same shenanigans under the username Validus.