The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Wii game pick ups

Started by Enternal, 01/16/2016, 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enternal

Since Wii games look to be on life support at gamestop, thought I'd put a list here of some titles to be on the look out for. (Excluding more popular, compilation titles)

About half of these can be found for less than 5.00 at Gamestop

Opoona a sleeper charming RPG
Help Wanted: Quirky Hudson Soft title where you do mini jobs to raise money so you can save the world
Lost in Shadow: Beautiful Hudson Soft platformer
Little King's Story : a strategy RPG
Muramasa Beautiful Action Side Scrolling RPG
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (2D Fighter, Solid Fighting game that only appear in the Arcade and the Wii)

The Three Operation Rainfall Games
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story

Others
Zack and Wiki
Fragile Dreams
Silent Hill Shattered Memories (Better than the PS2 Port)
A Boy and his Blob
De Blob 1,2
Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces
Castle of Shikigami III
Dokapon Kingdom
Arc Rise Fantasia
Rhythm Heaven Feaver
Korinpa Marble Mania

schweaty

Havent been able to find little kings story or silent hill anywhere.  Will have to check out opoona.

Enternal

We have 4 gamestops in my area and the majority of my wii pick ups came from when the title went in stock on gamestop.com or at an out of town location.

This is sort of the best time to pick up Wii titles as after gamestop drops them, the games will slowly start creeping up in price and then surge when there is a generation shift and wii becomes a "retro" console.

Enternal

Double post

xcrement5x

I've been picking over the Wii section at the Gamestops in my area for the last couple of years as less and less has been coming in.  Of your list, I'm only missing Little King's Story (they reprinted this and Dokopon early on) and Silent Hill.

I also recommend Ultimate Shooting Collection and Gunblade NY/LA Machine Guns.  The Nights sequel is o.k. and is like less than a $2 in store normally, so is Heavenly Guardian and Monkey King. There are a lot of decent games at GS for verrrry cheap if you can find them anymore. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ClodBusted

+1 on Rhythm Heaven Fever / Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise. Once you've seen the dirty fanmade version of Remix no. 10 on the web (which I won't link, please search for yourself), you'll never be able to unsee it when playing the original.
Also on A Boy and his Blob, even though it did only play through three quarters of the game yet and lost interest somewhere there.

Enternal

Wikipedia has nearly 1800 games listed for the wii. And although the system is probably the king of shovel ware, a person can put together a solid library of 50-100 of decent games with almost all of them being Wii exclusive.

For those interested, many of the games that got reprints got a full color disc instead of a partial colored disc like the original.

Reprint is on the left

IMG

This doesn't seem to affect the price either way though

Other notable reprint info.

Many reprints came from gamestop
There are also "refurbished copies" of games sold by Nintendo on ebay and their website. These don't come with the manual and have artwork that says refurbished across the top. The discs themselves are likely new because why would they bother resurfacing discs when they can just make more?

Xenoblade Chronicles original game in a case that has Wii molded above the disc and can be case swapped (Reprint did not have this, and they basically opened or didn't seal any of the copies and sold them as used at 90!)

Metroid Prime Trilogy - Original Came in a steel case.

Fire Emblem - Reprint did not come with manual, outside artwork is slightly different.

Gredler

I highly recommend Toy Story Mania, Car Toons Mater's Tall Tales, Ben 10 Alien Force Vilgax Attacks, Ben 10 Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction, and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion.

Glorious Wii games, for sure.

Medic_wheat

Oh boy I could go on and on with great Wii games to have and play.

Many of the games listed in OPs post I am still on the hunt for. (Well the first three or so really).

I have been having a hell of a time finding the DBZ budiki game (3) with the DVD  I can still didn't it on eBay but it is a little pricy.

Medic_wheat

The colored reprints look better.

Odd you'd think the reprint would be without color to save money lol.

esadajr

Quote from: Enternal on 01/17/2016, 01:06 PMWikipedia has nearly 1800 games listed for the wii. And although the system is probably the king of shovelware, a person can put together a solid library of 50-100 of decent games with almost all of them being Wii exclusive...
That title used to belong to the PS2 until every single company jumped on the Wii bandwagon. To this day I'm still like "they made a game out of that?". But also like the PS2, there are tons of good ones waiting on the bargain bin.

Even if you don't have a WiiU but have a Wii I'd still recommend getting the double disc version of Rodea the sky soldier.
Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

Quote from: esadajr on 01/19/2016, 09:43 AM
Quote from: Enternal on 01/17/2016, 01:06 PMWikipedia has nearly 1800 games listed for the wii. And although the system is probably the king of shovelware, a person can put together a solid library of 50-100 of decent games with almost all of them being Wii exclusive...
That title used to belong to the PS2 until every single company jumped on the Wii bandwagon. To this day I'm still like "they made a game out of that?". But also like the PS2, there are tons of good ones waiting on the bargain bin.

Even if you don't have a WiiU but have a Wii I'd still recommend getting the double disc version of Rodea the sky soldier.
Yes!  The Wii version of Rodea is supposed to be the definitive version really.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)