RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Lucretia - Demon Princess (鬼姫の呪い in Japan) NOW IN BETA TESTING

Started by OldRover, 05/26/2013, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

synbiosfan

OldRover

Decided to make some minor gameplay changes based on how the game has been played so far. The main change was the removal of the multiple control schemes. The Sidearms-style control scheme is the most-used and the one that makes the most sense, so that is the one that the game will utilize from now on.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Just watched a bit of the new video. Loving it all! My only recommendation would be some nice explosions for the downed enemies, instead of them plopping off the screen.

OldRover

I always felt that explosions might be out-of-character for a magic-based game like this, so I did not implement them into the design and it would require one hell of a redesign at this point. They are already used in specific instances but I've never made any videos with them in it.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 04/28/2014, 09:47 PMI always felt that explosions might be out-of-character for a magic-based game like this, so I did not implement them into the design and it would require one hell of a redesign at this point. They are already used in specific instances but I've never made any videos with them in it.
Maybe you could use a little graphical "flourish" for lack of a better term? Don't get me wrong. I am still loving what I am seeing. :)

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 04/28/2014, 09:47 PMI always felt that explosions might be out-of-character for a magic-based game like this, so I did not implement them into the design and it would require one hell of a redesign at this point. They are already used in specific instances but I've never made any videos with them in it.
I like the way defeated enemies gracefully sink to their doom  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Nando

All the sprites would benefit from a "kill" frame, where they are burned up liked the witches sprites or something to that effect.

I could do it for later levels, but then that disrupts the overall look of the game. At least for now, y'all got burning witches! YEEE HA!

The work load is still huge, and I will not have time to add some of these, so maybe for the sequel ;)

Keith Courage

This game looks great and I'm definitely going to get it!

I'm sure everyone has a different opinion on this but the sound effect for when enemies die is kind of annoying.
Other then that small nuisance for me it looks and sounds fantastic. Great work!

Psycho Punch

Yeah I agree with the sound. This game is awesome, I particularly like Level 2 and it's Night Creatures kind of parallax with the trees and bricks in the background... very neat.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

OldRover

That sound has been criticized before so I went into the code and made some changes. It was originally using a square wave, which sounds rather harsh. I kept the note sequence but changed the waveform to a triangle. The sound is much softer now. As a side-effect, the "hit enemy" sound is now very loud in comparison. I will probably replace that with a better sound though, as it sounds kind of stupid as-is.

Bernie

I gotta get off my lazy ass and burn the newest beta version to play....

hoobs88

Quote from: Bardoly on 04/30/2014, 12:45 PMJust preordered this!
So did I...but it took me a little bit of searching since there was no info about preordering on the Frozen Utopia website and I wasn't aware that it was actually being released by Eponasoft.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Nando

Mishran

Finally took the time to preorder mine. Much like everyone else, I'm looking forward to playing this. Great job as usual guys.

OldRover

Equuskia has stated that we will be doing a special DVD as a preorder bonus. It is a featurette called "The Ladies Of LDP" and is about the real-life women who make up the main characters of the game.

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 05/02/2014, 11:19 AMEquuskia has stated that we will be doing a special DVD as a preorder bonus. It is a featurette called "The Ladies Of LDP" and is about the real-life women who make up the main characters of the game.
Score!

())====D

Psycho Punch

Who are equuskia and nodtveidt anyway? I read eponasoft's website and that got me wondering.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2014, 07:33 PMWho are equuskia and nodtveidt anyway? I read eponasoft's website and that got me wondering.
nodtveidt is Old Rover.  :)

seieienbu

Could you put a link to pre-order in the first post?  Maybe I'm illiterate or blind but I'm having trouble finding the link.  Thanks.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

HailingTheThings

Quote from: OldRover on 05/02/2014, 11:19 AMEquuskia has stated that we will be doing a special DVD as a preorder bonus. It is a featurette called "The Ladies Of LDP" and is about the real-life women who make up the main characters of the game.
Is the DVD gonna be pressed this time or just an arrrrrro? At least archival grade if burrrned, yesh?
IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/02/2014, 08:50 PMCould you put a link to pre-order in the first post?  Maybe I'm illiterate or blind but I'm having trouble finding the link.  Thanks.
Go to the Eponasoft website (not Frozen Utopia).
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2014, 07:33 PMWho are equuskia and nodtveidt anyway? I read eponasoft's website and that got me wondering.
http://eponasoft.blogspot.com/p/about-eponasoft.html

That should explain everything... I hope. :D

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2014, 10:32 PMhttp://eponasoft.blogspot.com/p/shop-eponasoft.html?m=1

ya know what? I'm pre ordering a 2nd copy to flip on e.... eeee... ze art contest. I'll bribe you fuckers into participating if it kills me!
Ahhhhh!!!1! What are you??? lol

Go Nulltard!
IMG

OldRover

A couple of new features were added to the game. I don't wanna get into too many details right now :) but the biggest new addition is shot variations. You now have five shot sets to use, each with 3 power levels, giving you a total of 15 different attack variations as opposed to the original 3. To change your shot pattern, you pick up a candy that has the shot pattern you want. The candies change form every second, so you wait for it to change to the pattern you want before picking it up. This addition makes the game much more dynamic and fun to play. :)

schweaty

Quote from: OldRover on 05/05/2014, 05:10 AMA couple of new features were added to the game. I don't wanna get into too many details right now :) but the biggest new addition is shot variations. You now have five shot sets to use, each with 3 power levels, giving you a total of 15 different attack variations as opposed to the original 3. To change your shot pattern, you pick up a candy that has the shot pattern you want. The candies change form every second, so you wait for it to change to the pattern you want before picking it up. This addition makes the game much more dynamic and fun to play. :)
I've always liked this sort of feature.  I dont particularly care for having to dodge power-ups I dont want in addition to enemies.  At least with this I have a chance to get something useful... if i am good enough  8)

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

OldRover

NecroPhile

Changes made in response to play testing comments?  HOW DARE YOU!!!!!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldRover

Nando

NecroPhile

Can I bitch that my complaints haven't been addressed?

NOT ENOUGH TITTIES!!!

Get to work on that, Nando.  KTB.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldRover

Nando's working on that, be patient! He only has two hands, and one is usually busy. :P :lol:

Nando

esteban

I want power-up system to be changed so that player must keep (shooting) bouncing bells until they turn the color of power-up desired.

No I don't.

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 05:32 PMPower ups are for pansies. Copy Derp Bleu play mechanics
We want people to be able to actually enjoy the game, not be left wondering why the designers couldn't be arsed to spend a few more minutes making it not suck.

Bernie

Can we have one of the power ups, be something like...  Witch lifts shirt, and squeezes titty to squirt acid milk from her nipples?  THAT would be awesome.

Psycho Punch

With those suggestions soon only the Games Express Card will be able to hold the obey power contained in the Lucretia cdrom...

OldRover

One of the main characters is only 8 years old, so no... you cannot! :P :lol:

Opethian

IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 10:12 AMHave it be an unlockable content if you enter X A K for the high score initials.
Garage kickbag minigame?

Nando

Yes, been working on the concept art for the later lvls and finishing the jungle sprites.

esteban

esteban

Nando

Nando

IMG

esteban

esteban

Sorry. Quintuple post.