OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Lucretia - Demon Princess (鬼姫の呪い in Japan) NOW IN BETA TESTING

Started by OldRover, 05/26/2013, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Sarumaru

roflmao

I'm so excited to see progress on this! We are one week away from the two-year anniversary of my pre-order! :mrgreen:

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 05/29/2016, 09:49 PM/2016/05/equtest1.gif
How do I pre-order ? I can't remember if I did, but I'll just do it again no matter what.

Thank you for enabling my laziness.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sarumaru

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sarumaru

OldRover

Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Sarumaru

OldRover

Mathius

Psycho Punch

How can I help in beta testing anyway? I have a shit load of free time nowadays so I think I could help reasonably well.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2016, 12:04 AMHow can I help in beta testing anyway? I have a shit load of free time nowadays so I think I could help reasonably well.
Same. It would be my first time beta testing but I'm willing to learn and up for the challenge. If not, no worries.

esteban

OldRover

Now that the school year has ended and I am home all freakin' day long once again... I have plenty of time to work on this as well as the other obeybrew I've got in the cauldron.

TheClash603

Looks fantastic.  Though you should add the original character sprite as a code or something, cause it has changed so much.

OldRover

There was a major change in the code to implement the new character sprites. New animation code, new collision code, constants had to be changed, etc. It was a lot of work and I certainly don't want to roll it back. :)

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 06/10/2016, 09:39 PMThere was a major change in the code to implement the new character sprites. New animation code, new collision code, constants had to be changed, etc. It was a lot of work and I certainly don't want to roll it back. :)
Just slap the old sprite on top and have the collision detection be completely broken and the game unplayable, call it challenge mode.  :)

But nah...  stick with what's working, it does look great!

OldRover

Can't... the old sprite uses a 32x64 block while the new one uses a 32x32 block. It wouldn't just play broken, it'd look broken. :lol:

spenoza

Some random comments about the game...

First, even relatively common enemies seem to take an awful lot of hits to drop, which is more of a Euro shooter design. I find it interesting that you've gone that route. Definitely will make this a hard as nails game to 1 cc.

Second, on the one hand it's kind of cool to see the enemies drop off the screen, but it does make things a little busy at times and contributes to screen clutter. Does that drop-off-in-death thing have anything to do with my first observation? It would end up like an enemy rainstorm (with corresponding visibility issues) if they dropped too easily.

Are you largely focused on level design and enemy programming at this point or are the basic player and shot mechanics still being tweaked?

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 06/11/2016, 01:15 PMSome random comments about the game...

First, even relatively common enemies seem to take an awful lot of hits to drop, which is more of a Euro shooter design. I find it interesting that you've gone that route. Definitely will make this a hard as nails game to 1 cc.

Second, on the one hand it's kind of cool to see the enemies drop off the screen, but it does make things a little busy at times and contributes to screen clutter. Does that drop-off-in-death thing have anything to do with my first observation? It would end up like an enemy rainstorm (with corresponding visibility issues) if they dropped too easily.

Are you largely focused on level design and enemy programming at this point or are the basic player and shot mechanics still being tweaked?
yes

OldRover

Everything is still being tweaked, really. We can call it "mostly done", but I do want to go back in and redo stage 2's progression at some point. The only stage that is pretty much set in stone for now is stage 1... and even then, it's only carved in talc. All stages from 3 on are designed in terms of progression but some changes may be made here and there. I don't want to do too many overhauls, but I've improved my coding skill considerably since starting this project so some changes have already been made to reflect that. I never intended on emulating the Euro shooter style... I just like making games challenging.

Sarumaru

Quote from: OldRover on 07/01/2016, 02:53 PMEverything is still being tweaked, really. We can call it "mostly done", but I do want to go back in and redo stage 2's progression at some point. The only stage that is pretty much set in stone for now is stage 1... and even then, it's only carved in talc. All stages from 3 on are designed in terms of progression but some changes may be made here and there. I don't want to do too many overhauls, but I've improved my coding skill considerably since starting this project so some changes have already been made to reflect that. I never intended on emulating the Euro shooter style... I just like making games challenging.
yes

NightWolve

Quote from: OldRover on 06/02/2016, 10:32 PMLatest build video. :)
It sure has come a long way! I like what was done for the credits roll BTW, photos of a few key members (Hey, CrackTiger's in there!). It reminded me of Mortal Kombat's way of showing Ed Boon and John Tobias at the end. Only game I can think of where the producers did that actually.

OldRover

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/01/2016, 06:43 PMIt sure has come a long way! I like what was done for the credits roll BTW, photos of a few key members (Hey, CrackTiger's in there!). It reminded me of Mortal Kombat's way of showing Ed Boon and John Tobias at the end. Only game I can think of where the producers did that actually.
That's actually where I got the idea from... the later arcade builds of MK3... and that's the reason I did it too, because I think it's a cool idea that I've only ever seen used once. The game has a few other MK references in it as well but I'll leave it up to people to discover the rest of them when the game's finished. :D

geise

Rove that is looking good man.  You and Saru have been busy.

NightWolve

Quote from: OldRover on 07/01/2016, 07:11 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/01/2016, 06:43 PMIt sure has come a long way! I like what was done for the credits roll BTW, photos of a few key members (Hey, CrackTiger's in there!). It reminded me of Mortal Kombat's way of showing Ed Boon and John Tobias at the end. Only game I can think of where the producers did that actually.
That's actually where I got the idea from... the later arcade builds of MK3... and that's the reason I did it too, because I think it's a cool idea that I've only ever seen used once. The game has a few other MK references in it as well but I'll leave it up to people to discover the rest of them when the game's finished. :D
You know, like right after I posted I realized that, I looked at the video again to notice you timed the ring with the photo almost exactly as it was done in MK too! I didn't quite remember the background music, but you made it very similar. And you tucked away more MK references ? Heh, that's pretty cool. ;)

OldRover

The game contains a ridiculous amount of nods to other IPs. To say it's a tribute to gaming itself wouldn't be a lie... but not only games, there are also nods to various movies, songs and musicians, ancient myths, and even a few modern pop culture references. Many of the references are painfully obscure while some are blatant. Here's one spoiler:

In stage 1, the achievement "Hard To Handle", which is achieved by scoring an Infinite Combo, is only attainable by downing a large number of the black birds at once without being hit. The black birds are crows, which are often associated with Halloween, which is what stage 1 is themed after. This is a reference to The Black Crowes' cover of Otis Redding's song of the same name.

OldRover

NightWolve

It does! Looks like Saru's bringin' some serious art skillz to this!

esteban

Mathius

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

TheClash603

That looks like a working designs saturn game, high quality stuff and I'd like to get my hands on it!

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/09/2016, 02:01 AMThat looks like a working designs saturn game, high quality stuff and I'd like to get my hands on it!
I immediately thought the same thing. :)

NOTE TO HATERS: This is a compliment. I know some folks dislike WD/Ireland. Whatever.

OldRover

OldRover

esteban

Psycho Punch

OldRover

I am about to start a mass emailing for the game to confirm shipping addresses... it will take a few hours to complete. Once I have back enough responses, we are going to start mailing demo discs to everyone who preordered.

OldRover

More promotional stuffs... I did this rough for a bumpersticker... Sarumaru is going to make a "proper" version.

13592823_10208981945933164_5261528440031092233_lost.jpg

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 07/09/2016, 08:42 PMI am about to start a mass emailing for the game to confirm shipping addresses... it will take a few hours to complete. Once I have back enough responses, we are going to start mailing demo discs to everyone who preordered.
Just did the happy dance.

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 07/09/2016, 08:42 PMI am about to start a mass emailing for the game to confirm shipping addresses... it will take a few hours to complete. Once I have back enough responses, we are going to start mailing demo discs to everyone who preordered.
I felt like I had preordered but I don't see any messages to confirm that fact...  if not, let me know because I want in!

schweaty

OldRover

I didn't get the chance to send out all confirmation emails just yet... will try to finish up tonight. Got a hardcore deadline with HE so I'm swapping between that and the confirmations. :)

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/10/2016, 02:28 AM
I felt like I had preordered but I don't see any messages to confirm that fact...  if not, let me know because I want in!
I am in the same boat.

I posted a similar request a few weeks ago in this thread...but I should have followed up.

Anyway, Rover's got my back :)

Mathius

OldRover

Found out that I have to do them slowly too or gmail thinks I'm sending spam... this might take awhile. :(