@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

hola

Started by otterboxer, 08/12/2016, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otterboxer

new old coregrafx owner here for advice mainly and i suspect to make my self poorer (but happier obvs) Other "retro" (ugh sorry) consoles just don't do it for me. The punchy little form factor, and the interesting + weird catalogue of games drew me back into gaming.

I've already brought dirt into the proverbial house by posting a question before saying hello so forgive me.
ta

also 7 red campsite.
The Ys series is overrated.

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

The best advice I can give is to get an everdrive.  Even if you want to play 'real' games, they're indispensable for playing translation patches, home brew goodies, and test driving games before buying.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Welcome, comrade :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

otterboxer

thank you both, yes an everdrive is on the cards probably after a couple of other bits but just while its mentioned is it worth the little extra for a 2.4 with a micro usb port? just thinking on a little and where and ehat i might be doing a year or two down the line with it.

Warbucks

otterboxer

majors

Quote from: otterboxer on 08/12/2016, 02:47 PM...is it worth the little extra for a 2.4 with a micro usb port?
What it is for anyhow? I got the 2.3 b/c I'm a cheap bastard and can wait the extra loading seconds.

Historically, krikzz puts his everdrives on sale during Black Friday.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

otterboxer

Quote from: majors on 08/15/2016, 12:10 PM
Quote from: otterboxer on 08/12/2016, 02:47 PM...is it worth the little extra for a 2.4 with a micro usb port?
What it is for anyhow? I got the 2.3 b/c I'm a cheap bastard and can wait the extra loading seconds.

Historically, krikzz puts his everdrives on sale during Black Friday.
You can upload your own homebrew pce games and test them out on real hardware. (apparently) its mostly for curious types.

majors

Quote from: otterboxer on 08/16/2016, 04:50 AMYou can upload your own homebrew pce games and test them out on real hardware. (apparently) its mostly for curious types.
And what stops you from loading said homebrews to a SD card and loading them? I have several homebrews on my non-usb TED.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

otterboxer

Quote from: majors on 08/16/2016, 08:13 AM
Quote from: otterboxer on 08/16/2016, 04:50 AMYou can upload your own homebrew pce games and test them out on real hardware. (apparently) its mostly for curious types.
And what stops you from loading said homebrews to a SD card and loading them? I have several homebrews on my non-usb TED.
nothing i guess, its available for a reason though otherwise the guy wouldn't have implemented it. Have a good one.