RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Sorta new here

Started by mazonemayu, 02/26/2017, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazonemayu

Hey guys,

Been a lurker here since 2013, I registered back then but never did anything with the account coz I was still a full time dreamcast collector and had neither time nor money for anything else...

Flashback:

I remember myself standing in that same supermarket every month, somewhere between '89 & '92, reading some american games mag (coz I could not afford to buy it), always looking at the turbografx games which we did not have in europe, promising myself to buy one someday...
I've never forgotten about those moments, they had something magical...

Fast forward 25+ years: after playing magic engine for I don't know how many years, I finally decided to start a new collection and get myself a pc engine.

So yesterday I bought a turbo duo r with 2 games...should all arrive somewhere next week (I hope), can't wait to play on the actual thing  8)

elmer

Welcome to the Happy House!  :wink:

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!  What two games are ya gettin'?  I hope they're goodies.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

majors

Quote from: mazonemayu on 02/26/2017, 04:46 PM... I was still a full time dreamcast collector ...

... I finally decided to start a new collection and get myself a pc engine.
I hope "collection" mean personal collection of games you want to play/have rather than a collectard 100%. If you've been lurking, you know how most forumites feel about that.

It does sound like you are not jumping in a virgin, since you had memories of '89 and used Magic Engine. Being over seas created hurdles but you have over past it now with your recent Duo-R. It's a level playing field for PCE buys now!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

mazonemayu

I'm turning 43, and grew up in the arcades. I have owned pretty much every system released in europe up to the first xbox, then I gave up  :P

And yes I play everything I got, even if it's just once, coz lets face it, there's a lot of crap out there as well  :mrgreen:

Personal collection means not just games to me, also stuff like stickers, clothes and the more exotic peripherals, up to talking boxes and candy that has gone bad 15 years ago LoL

But I only ever did that for the dreamcast, coz I wanted to do something really crazy with at least one of my consoles,  for the other ones I own, I just got the "good" games...

A man's gotta have at least one full set of something, right... :wink:

elmer

Quote from: mazonemayu on 02/27/2017, 12:58 PMA man's gotta have at least one full set of something, right... :wink:
Teeth?  :wink:

mazonemayu

still got those as well  :D :D

TheClash603

crazydean

Quote from: elmer on 02/27/2017, 11:28 PM
Quote from: mazonemayu on 02/27/2017, 12:58 PMA man's gotta have at least one full set of something, right... :wink:
Teeth?  :wink:
Amiibos?

SignOfZeta

IMG

wildfruit

Welcome.  Also pogs?

Warbucks

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!  And yes, what are the 2 games that you're getting?

mazonemayu

Wonderboy 3 Monster Lair & Salamander.Bboth arrived today, but I'm still waiting for my console to arrive  :P

A 3rd game is also on its way, coincidentally a co-worker of mine was in Japan this week, so I sent him a quick msg to bring me a game, and he's bringing Parodius for me  :wink:

Think I'll start with looking for the games I used to play in the arcade when I was a teen... :lol:

Sarumaru

Welcome. Play all the Shubibinmans!

mazonemayu

Ok, my Turbo Duo R arrived today and I'm in love with it, such a nice looking piece of tech  :mrgreen:

So far I played a hucard and a cd game and I managed to get into the internal save menu which is empty, I suppose the first option there will be delete and the second format (of vice versa  :P).

One question though: how does one save a game? Does this happen automatically at intervals, or at the end of a level, do all or only some games support this save function?, do I need to press something? Am a bit at loss here and since the manual is in Japanese...

Thanks guys

NecroPhile

Only some games create save files.  Stuff like high score lists are saved automatically (assuming the game supports it), but saving your game progress is usually done manually in-game (part of the pause menu system, by visiting inns, etc.).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mazonemayu

Ok, so basically the same like on any other console  ](*,)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: