RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cho_aniki and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

esteban

Quote from: crazydean on 07/04/2017, 07:21 PMTeehee...Pole to Win
It's so suggestive... it's not even funny.

PG-13

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

csgx1

Beat Rock On.  It's not as bad of a game as I initially thought.  Though the cave stage was quite annoying since I died a lot there. 

esteban

Quote from: csgx1 on 07/16/2017, 02:30 AMBeat Rock On.  It's not as bad of a game as I initially thought.  Though the cave stage was quite annoying since I died a lot there.
It's a generic shootemup, inspired partly by R-Type (amongst others), but, as you said, it really isn't a horrible game.

I think most folks play it for 20 seconds and then turn it off.

ROCK•HARD...
IMG
...ROCK•ON

Psycho Punch

rock on is the most hilarious example of engrish ever conceived... even the title is romanized wrong :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/16/2017, 12:53 PMrock on is the most hilarious example of engrish ever conceived... even the title is romanized wrong :lol:
What's so Engrish about "rock on"?

Psycho Punch

You know it's supposed to be Lock-On, don't play dumb my dealy beloved.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 07/16/2017, 01:01 PMYou know it's supposed to be Lock-On, don't play dumb my dealy beloved.
I always thought it was supposed to be ROCK-NO.  as in don't hit the damn rocks on the cave level. . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Gypsy

Power League IV and Bomberman 94. <3

TelcoSurveyor

Ninja Spirit. I'm really enjoying it. Played it a little on the everdrive but getting into it more since acquiring a physical copy recently.
I'm the Wind, Baby!

Psycho Punch

Lords of the Rising Sun and Sidearms... the horseback sequence still haunts me to this day, I can never seem to kill generals, at least not goal ones.

Bardoly

Played some Battle Lode Runner, Bomberman '94, and Darius Plus at VGS last Saturday.  While I failed miserably at Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman '94, not even winning one round, at least I redeemed myself with Darius Plus, getting first place!

esadajr

so VGS is still a thing? Glad to hear. I miss living in Indiana.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/01/2017, 09:12 AMPlayed some Battle Lode Runner, Bomberman '94, and Darius Plus at VGS last Saturday.  While I failed miserably at Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman '94, not even winning one round, at least I redeemed myself with Darius Plus, getting first place!
I think I saw the pic with your triumphant grin

:)

Green Beret

All morning I was trying to master Don Doko Don. It's tough but if you find the way and get used to the first few rounds, you may go far playing past stages that you see for a first time. Parasol Stars is a better game though. Played a lot Magical Chase and R-Type I. Those are some of my first games for the system. All in all I am very happy with the PC Engine. I find a personality different from Genesis and SNES. The system reminds me of the Neo Geo with a little worst graphics but with a little better library. There are big sprites in most games not seen so big in the Genesis.

Gypsy

esteban

Quote from: Green Beret on 08/01/2017, 06:16 PMAll morning I was trying to master Don Doko Don. It's tough but if you find the way and get used to the first few rounds, you may go far playing past stages that you see for a first time. Parasol Stars is a better game though. Played a lot Magical Chase and R-Type I. Those are some of my first games for the system. All in all I am very happy with the PC Engine. I find a personality different from Genesis and SNES. The system reminds me of the Neo Geo with a little worst graphics but with a little better library. There are big sprites in most games not seen so big in the Genesis.
Awesome.

I don't have Don Doko Don and only played it briefly in emulation. The "XMAS GNOME" cover is great, though.

PCE totally has a great personality.

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/01/2017, 06:20 PMStar Parodier. Plays itself!
Ha! It oozes awesome.

Gypsy

Yeah it's really fun, but also super easy.

Green Beret

Quote from: esteban on 08/01/2017, 10:23 PM
Quote from: Green Beret on 08/01/2017, 06:16 PMAll morning I was trying to master Don Doko Don. It's tough but if you find the way and get used to the first few rounds, you may go far playing past stages that you see for a first time. Parasol Stars is a better game though. Played a lot Magical Chase and R-Type I. Those are some of my first games for the system. All in all I am very happy with the PC Engine. I find a personality different from Genesis and SNES. The system reminds me of the Neo Geo with a little worst graphics but with a little better library. There are big sprites in most games not seen so big in the Genesis.
Awesome.

I don't have Don Doko Don and only played it briefly in emulation. The "XMAS GNOME" cover is great, though.

PCE totally has a great personality.

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/01/2017, 06:20 PMStar Parodier. Plays itself!
Ha! It oozes awesome.
I like all those Bubble Bobble like platformers, this one is Taito too. Great arcade conversion, has a minor graphics degradation but gameplay is arcade smooth. Can be faound on eBay new for 50.

wiseau

Super Star Soldier, but that 4th level boss keeps kicking my ass. Wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't for all the missiles it shoots out.

Green Beret

Still playing Magical Chase and also started Pop n' Magic which is very addictive, I like it a lot

MisterCrash

I tried Pop'n Magic for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I was surprised by how much fun I had.

Green Beret

Quote from: MisterCrash on 08/03/2017, 10:27 PMI tried Pop'n Magic for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I was surprised by how much fun I had.
Yes it is fun, because you don't only need to Bubble those enemies like most  games in the gerne but you also need to remember (before you hit them) what color bubble each enemy outputs so you can then hit the bubbles making the right combinations of colors and collect all bonus! Brilliant and very addictive.

Digi.k

Tokimeki Memorial - so much charm and nostalgia for old konami in here

kitkit.com

Great game and it's nice to see someone who appreciate the game.  I used to spend hours on the Sega Saturn version.

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/04/2017, 08:52 AMTokimeki Memorial - so much charm and nostalgia for old konami in here

Green Beret

You guys can read Japanese and have accessibility in many more games...

MisterCrash

I can't read Japanese either, but I played the heck out of Tokimeki Memorial on the Saturn and the PSP. I actually cleared the game with every character on the PSP version.

When I would play it, I would save before every date, and write down the first character of every possible response on a sheet of paper, along with the girl's name and the calendar date. If I picked the wrong option, I would reload and try it again. Eventually, I would see patterns that made a wrong choice less likely.

Honestly, the most important strategy in the game is to try as hard as you can to not meet girls. Pick one activity to focus on during the weeks and make up deficiencies on Sundays, when you won't risk running into anyone new. Once you start third year, you won't meet anyone else new. It's far easier to manage everyone's feelings if you only have to placate four girls rather than seven. You'll always meet Shiori and Yumi, and you'll almost always be stuck with Saki and Megumi (my least favorite of the bunch). You can then focus on one activity to meet your chosen girl.

o.pwuaioc

This does not really sound like my kind of game. A dating sim RPG?

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 08/05/2017, 10:44 AMThis does not really sound like my kind of game. A dating sim RPG?
yup

Green Beret

It reminds me a part of Persona 3 on PSP. Maybe you can do the same in Persona 4 but I haven't played it.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/05/2017, 10:44 AMThis does not really sound like my kind of game. A dating sim RPG?
If you do ever get into them, they are dirt cheap. ;)

kitkit.com

Out of all the Japanese dating sims that came out in the 90s, I would say Tokimeki Memorial is the most enjoyable and playable.

wiseau

Quote from: kitkit.com on 08/05/2017, 05:18 PMOut of all the Japanese dating sims that came out in the 90s, I would say Tokimeki Memorial is the most enjoyable and playable.
That's not saying as much as you think it does...

Digi.k

So it's the first New Years.  I had a choice of either being on my own or asking one of the girls to accompany me to Hatsumode which is first temple visit of the year. So I chose Shiori Fujisaki.  She asks if she looks ok..and you have a choice to say.  "you look good" or "it looks good" then at the temple you are asked to wish for either, love, wealth or academic fortune and then follows a fortune telling thing...

NecroPhile

Mmm, nice shower peep scene.

This game needs a translation!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Green Beret

Today I did made it to the final boss of Magical Chase, but yes I realise  it's an easy shmup  :mrgreen:
I played Bomber man '94 to the 3rd stage and had a good time

esteban

Hany and Lemon on the Road
Hany in the Sky
Victory Run
Operation Wolf
R-TYPE I & II

crazydean

Freeway2

Sold a couple of games so the past day 1/2 I've been trying to beat them.  Also Lords Of Thunder.
"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me"

Psycho Punch

Gradius 2... you need some PRACTICE!

ClodBusted

Played Alien Crush and had a good time. The first two balls went down the drain early, but I was able to keep the third one for a good 15 minutes or so. Fun!
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 08/08/2017, 06:39 AMGradius 2... you need some PRACTICE!
I need some, too.

geise

Back on a Dragon Spirit kick! Such good music. I slightly enjoy it more over Saber. Close though.

Green Beret

R-Type I. I cam make it to 3rd stage. I then meet death

retro junkie

seieienbu

I beat Valis 3 for the second time today.  The last time I beat it was in college playing a burn of the game.  A couple of years ago I picked up the game here and finally got around to beating it. 

The game's pretty hard!  Most notably, it took me forever to get past the section in stage 5 where you have to freeze enemies to become your platforms.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gypsy

None, I'm too afraid of insertion marks.  :dance:

Jk, I was playing some Outrun last night.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/09/2017, 09:56 AMNone, I'm too afraid of insertion marks.  :dance:

Jk, I was playing some Outrun last night.
I LOVE me some PCE Outrun!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Psycho Punch

Man I'm enjoying the hell out of PCE shooties, I have Gradius 2, Rayxanber 3, Super Raiden and Darius Plus and they're all so great that I feel like I have ADHD every time I have to choose a game to play.

I forgot how awesome the PC Engine was and I should be ashamed for it.

Gypsy

Love Darius. I should burn off the Rayxanbers. Is 3 the impossible one or is that 2?

Green Beret

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/09/2017, 11:03 PMLove Darius. I should burn off the Rayxanbers. Is 3 the impossible one or is that 2?
Darius Plus is the most difficult one. Far more difficult than R-Type I

Gypsy

Talking specifically about Rayxanbers.