10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The 2 different motherboards of the original PC Engine.

Started by Ergot_Cholera, 10/30/2018, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ergot_Cholera

There are 2 different motherboard versions of the original PC Engine. The original uses 1206 size SMD components and the revision uses 0805. The revision board also has a different ground panel underneath.
The area on the casing above the controller port is different too.
I am the first person ever to make these observations. :dance:

NightWolve

No accompanying photos to prove your claims, help illustrate exactly what you mean ?? ;)

I noticed Aaron posted this picture today on our PCEFX Facebook page:

IMG

That would be the context of your thread I take it, that today is the 31st anniversary of the PC Engine ? And a day before Halloween, easy to remember, I didn't know that, heh.

Has it really now been 31 years since it began ? Feels hard to believe for some reason... :bonkthis:

majors

TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Ergot_Cholera

Quote from: majors on 11/08/2018, 12:38 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/30/2018, 06:45 PMI am the first person ever to make these observations. :dance:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=374069
Yes, just being a bit daft there. I was sure someone else must have spotted the difference in the 30+ years that they have been available.

I have just received another PC Engine (original) which has a chip instead of the oscillator. There is a footprint for the chip, but I have never seen one in place before, and I have bought and sold probably 25+ PC Engines.

nectarsis

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/30/2018, 07:00 PMNo accompanying photos to prove your claims, help illustrate exactly what you mean ?? ;)

I noticed Aaron posted this picture today on our PCEFX Facebook page:

IMG

That would be the context of your thread I take it, that today is the 31st anniversary of the PC Engine ? And a day before Halloween, easy to remember, I didn't know that, heh.

Has it really now been 31 years since it began ? Feels hard to believe for some reason... :bonkthis:
Def not Aaron's page ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NightWolve

Oh, I didn't know that. I kinda thought he occasionally posts on it and did create it. But looking at the About page, it looks like it's not his writing. Is it yours ?

EDIT: Hmm, if I had to guess, it's Paul... :( That would explain some things...

nectarsis

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/08/2018, 09:44 PMOh, I didn't know that. I kinda thought he occasionally posts on it and did create it. But looking at the About page, it looks like it's not his writing. Is it yours ?

EDIT: Hmm, if I had to guess, it's Paul... :( That would explain some things...
What would it explain? Lol

Yup I started that page years ago when the forum crashed ambles down for I wanna say a week or 2 for a way for as many people as I could get to stay up on what was going on with the site
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436