@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Awesome anti-advertisement art project in Vienna!

Started by esteban, 11/23/2005, 05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

For two weeks, all advertising signs, slogans, pictograms, company names and logos disappeared from a street in Vienna, Austria (Summer 2005):

http://www.steinbrener-dempf.com/

The artist explains how the normally "chaotic" and "disjointed" landscape, littered as it was with advertisements,  became clean and soothing for 2 weeks!

Awesome.

Also, this reminds me: I was reading about some famous American pioneer in advertising (he was really successful in 40's - 60's). Anyway, he said that in the future, our citiyscapes and landscapes will be so littered with advertisements that developers will create private "ad-free" zones. He felt that folks would pay for the luxury of living, dining and playing in these ad-free zones.

I don't think he's that crazy. I'm just hoping that we'll have public "ad-free" zones as well (put our tax money to good use, for once).

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

td741

Interesting...

Oh, who was the pioneer you mentionned in your post?

esteban

Quote from: "td741"Interesting...

Oh, who was the pioneer you mentionned in your post?
I'll find it for you. I think I was reading a book about Walt Disney, or a book about Marshall McLuhan. Anyway, this advertising guru was mentioned in passing... but I loved his ideas. He was keenly aware of what he was doing (colonizing / commercializing landscapes and soundscapes) and how this affected society.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"