The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2016, 06:06 PMI managed to get one this time, but thanks for the kind offer bartre.
I'm happy for ya.

My last extra will indeed be going to my friend. This was an insane round of LRG madness.

NecroPhile

It was fun watching the remaining inventory number bounce around when I was tapping F5 and waiting for the sale to open.  It's either inaccurate and nigh useless or they're gaming the system.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

I noticed that as well. I was thinking some shenanigans (LRG pulling stock for cons and black friday maybe) or people somehow punking the system and getting orders in.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 12/16/2016, 06:23 PMI noticed that as well. I was thinking some shenanigans (LRG pulling stock for cons and black friday maybe) or people somehow punking the system and getting orders in.
I find it funny that LRG claims this isn't the case (people buying up games before the sale goes live).

I also find it frustrating when they will not answer questions regarding number of stock or if certain Vita released games are ps tv comparable.

Gypsy

They started out fairly responsive but then turned into gigantic dbags. I mean, they have to deal with lots of idiots sure but that's no excuse.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 12/16/2016, 08:57 PMThey started out fairly responsive but then turned into gigantic dbags. I mean, they have to deal with lots of idiots sure but that's no excuse.
In a way it's almost a sign of success. Inability to answer and response seems to show how many people comment, message, and retreat them daily.

Gypsy

Agree. The success went straight to their heads.

ParanoiaDragon

Totally missed it in the morning due to...who knows why.  Tried 3 different ways of ordering it, but once I would go to checkout....it was sold out!  Later I used my dad's phone(since I don't have a smart phone yet) & nabbed it with 28 copies remaining!  Yikes!
IMG

bartre

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2016, 06:06 PMI managed to get one this time, but thanks for the kind offer bartre.
great - I'll find another home for it

Gypsy

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 12/17/2016, 03:01 AMTotally missed it in the morning due to...who knows why.  Tried 3 different ways of ordering it, but once I would go to checkout....it was sold out! Later I used my dad's phone(since I don't have a smart phone yet) & nabbed it with 28 copies remaining! Yikes!
I didn't even think ordering was possible at this point. More or less anyway.

ParanoiaDragon

I went back to the page for Oddworld, & it said 28 copies left, & I refreshed it, & it said 24.  I don't know how the whole ordering process works, I just know I barely got one according to the page.  It took me forever to get my name & shipping & credit card info typed in while we were driving on the freeway to a job.  Sometimes I would accidently hit the wrong letter or number when we'd hit a bump or slow down cuz of traffic! ](*,)
IMG

Gypsy

That's okay no one really understands how it works at all. A friend of mine couldn't get a copy of Firewatch ordered in the first wave when it said there were 500 copies left. He did manage to get it 2nd wave though.

schweaty

Will lone survivor on vita be playstation tv compatible?  It says the digital version is on the PS store so I don't see why the physical version wouldn't be

Medic_wheat

Quote from: schweaty on 12/18/2016, 12:06 PMWill lone survivor on vita be playstation tv compatible?  It says the digital version is on the PS store so I don't see why the physical version wouldn't be
I feel you may be correct in that assumption.

I really wish they would come out and say when their vita games will or will not be ps tv compatible. As for me it could affect my desision to purchase their vita games. As more often then not they offer their vita games for the PS4 and I'd like to know which version will meet my needs.

schweaty

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/18/2016, 01:34 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 12/18/2016, 12:06 PMWill lone survivor on vita be playstation tv compatible?  It says the digital version is on the PS store so I don't see why the physical version wouldn't be
I feel you may be correct in that assumption.

I really wish they would come out and say when their vita games will or will not be ps tv compatible. As for me it could affect my desision to purchase their vita games. As more often then not they offer their vita games for the PS4 and I'd like to know which version will meet my needs.
i dont have a vita, but i do have a ps tv and ps4 so it definitely affects my purchase

Medic_wheat

Well my purchasing for 2016 of limited run games has come to a close. Wasn't interested in the lone surviver game that was released today so I passed.

I am just waiting on my fire watch and oddworld straingers wrath HD. I guess it will be in over the weekend or following week. Oh and that skull girls and silver case pre order I did. Kind of regrets the silver case pre order as a different company ended up doing a limited PS4 release after the fact which I ordered. I am not a PC gamer so I will end up re-selling or trading the PC copy off).

Here is to next year and what releases they have planed or in the works. Personally I am hoping for a Scott pilgrim directors releases with all DLC (I have the game but not the DLC), he third season of the walking dead from tale tell on vita (I threw out the question on their twitter and they responded with a "we know some employee at tale tell we might be able to work something out". Which would be cool seeing how I have the first two seasons on vita).

I'd also love to see mega man 9&10 get a physical release as well as the double dragon Neo, and some of those arcade collections that are on the PSN.

Apart from limited run I have also picked up the following games which I believe are limited release physically for 2016:

Wild Guns reloaded (just came in. I need to just break down and buy a PS4 already)

Rez HD (PS4)

Super Russian Roulette (NES) kickstarter backer very much looking foreword to it early next year.

Shovel knight vita (loving it) excited for the extra DLC

System Shock (PS4) kick starter probably won't be released next year but was a 2016 thing for me.

Bloodstained (PS4) kick starter I doubt it will be a limited release. I'll get a backer variant cover art (yeah me)

Pier Solar HD (Dreamcast) don't really know how the watermelon games work. I doubt it is limited physical release but I finally got my copy this year. Have yet to play it as my Dreamcast isn't set up for play yet. 2017 bucket list.

Kraut Buster (MVS). Can't believe I actually pulled the trigger in a. NG Dev game. Still wish they released Dreamcast ports. However with the release of the NEOSD (have to save my ronnies for it) I may not buy any more MVS games period. Hell might just get the AES flash cart so I can finally get some use out of my AES lol. What's next?  A HDMI mod for the AES/CMVS? 

That's about it for games in 2016 I picked up which are limited physical release. Apart from other limited run games I have already mentioned I picked up in this thread throughout 2016.

What about everyone else?  How has 2016 been for you in picking up physical copies of games that are released in short supply or limited quantities.

Flare65

I'm passing on Lone Survivor.  Looks too much like a cheap game on Steam...

Medic_wheat

Heads up for those missing a physical copy of the ps vita game soldner x 2

Available 12th January 2016!
Soldner X2 PSVITA Limited Release
Pre-Order Here: goo.gl/9x7rm8
Save $3 Use Code LVGASIA

Gypsy

xcrement5x

Just got something I ordered from them and they put the wrong thing in there.  I ordered Stealth Inc and an extra sticker grab bags and got a shantae soundtrack :|

NecroPhile

They should send you what you ordered and tell you to keep the tunes to apologize for their fuckup.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/03/2017, 01:13 PMThey should send you what you ordered and tell you to keep the tunes to apologize for their fuckup.
Just a heads up the LRG support did me right, my replacement stuff is on the way. ;)

Gypsy

Medic_wheat

I wasn't Abel to get the Oxinfree game today. Anyone with a spare copy?

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/27/2017, 10:48 PMI wasn't Abel to get the Oxinfree game today. Anyone with a spare copy?
People were limited to one copy. I didn't want it, so I bought one for a friend that had trouble in the morning. I'm definitely looking forward to Aqua Kitty though (PSTV compatible even) because how could I resist a shooter with kitties?  :lol:

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/28/2017, 08:45 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/27/2017, 10:48 PMI wasn't Abel to get the Oxinfree game today. Anyone with a spare copy?
People were limited to one copy. I didn't want it, so I bought one for a friend that had trouble in the morning. I'm definitely looking forward to Aqua Kitty though (PSTV compatible even) because how could I resist a shooter with kitties?  :lol:
Oh that's odd I thought it was a two per customer thing. The aqua kitty seemed interesting due to the ps tv part. However defender just isn't a game I fee I need another clone of at the moment. I mean I think I have six different flavors of defender already.

TheClash603

I had been buying most of these games, since they are bargain priced at $25 and I like the idea of physically keeping games available that were previously DLC only.

Then I realized they released 5000 games and I actually spent $1000000 on their budget games last year...  this was the first batch I skipped, will only be buying the ones I really want from now on.  Seems like they all sell out anyway, so the company hardly needs my support.

Gypsy

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/28/2017, 02:18 PMI had been buying most of these games, since they are bargain priced at $25 and I like the idea of physically keeping games available that were previously DLC only.

Then I realized they released 5000 games and I actually spent $1000000 on their budget games last year...  this was the first batch I skipped, will only be buying the ones I really want from now on.  Seems like they all sell out anyway, so the company hardly needs my support.
And it just keeps getting worse they keep pumping out more games lol. I only really want Aqua Kitty out of the more recent ones coming out, so yay.

ParanoiaDragon

I picked up Aqua Kitty, looks different enough for me from the other Defender Clones.
IMG

GohanX

I was going to skip it but... Kitties!

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/28/2017, 02:18 PMI had been buying most of these games, since they are bargain priced at $25 and I like the idea of physically keeping games available that were previously DLC only.

Yeah, I have PS4 and Vita for a lot of their early games but I just got burnt out with it myself too.  The only one I went crazy on recently is Shantae.

NecroPhile

I got ze kittehs too.  We'll see how the underwater Defender shewty compares to Atlantean.

atlanteanship.gif

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/28/2017, 02:18 PMThen I realized they released 5000 games and I actually spent $1000000 on their budget games last year...  this was the first batch I skipped, will only be buying the ones I really want from now on.  Seems like they all sell out anyway, so the company hardly needs my support.
Indeed.  A lot of the games are pretty meh, so it's crazy trying to keep up with 'em.  Their release schedule makes it even worse, making it so you have to pay shipping and handling (pay $5 for $2 worth of stamps) one week just to turn around and do it again a week later; can't they combine that shit?

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2017, 10:38 AMIndeed.  A lot of the games are pretty meh, so it's crazy trying to keep up with 'em.  Their release schedule makes it even worse, making it so you have to pay shipping and handling (pay $5 for $2 worth of stamps) one week just to turn around and do it again a week later; can't they combine that shit?
Here here. That shipping charge always bothered me as well. It was $2.60 for 1-2 games, now it's $2.77. Just be honest about shipping...

They offered combine shipping starting with this last batch of games, but lulz ensued:

TR0N

I was waiting for the physical release of skull girls,which i did preorder. Now i get the e-mail it's released has been delayed due to a license and technical issue  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 01/31/2017, 01:11 AMI was waiting for the physical release of skull girls,which i did preorder. Now i get the e-mail it's released has been delayed due to a license and technical issue  :P
But it's not their fault!

Jk

Well at lest they are communicating with those who preordered.

xcrement5x

I'd rather they do it right and get it pushed out with all the most recent patches and everything than get it half finished. 

ParanoiaDragon

2 Vita games tomorrow, might get The Swapper, not sure about Curses & Chaos.  Might be fun.....but hard to say..
IMG

bartre

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/03/2017, 01:49 AM2 Vita games tomorrow, might get The Swapper, not sure about Curses & Chaos.  Might be fun.....but hard to say..
I've got swapper on PC.
I gotta say it seems.... pretentious...
curses and chaos looks fun though.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: bartre on 02/03/2017, 04:51 AMI've got swapper on PC.
I gotta say it seems.... pretentious...
I'm guessing it wears a fedora and sips premium columbian bean coffee on an outdoor patio while browsing the Huffington post on a Macintosh?
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

I think Swapper looks fairly interesting. Nice looking platformer with puzzles. Maybe I'm missing something?

NecroPhile

Damn, I got fucked over by their piece of shit order system again.

It'd be nice if they'd switch to something that actually works, but they never will.  As long as their shit sells to someone, they don't give a fuck about their customers.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2017, 10:21 AMDamn, I got fucked over by their piece of shit order system again.

It'd be nice if they'd switch to something that actually works, but they never will.  As long as their shit sells to someone, they don't give a fuck about their customers.
I had all the items in my cart at 9:00 AM and couldn't check out.
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

I forgot to log in at 9 AGAIN. Ugh. Well will have to try for the second batch. Hopefully this time no family emergencys occrue like last week. I so want that curses n chaos for the vita. It looks like fun.

xcrement5x

I managed to get them in the AM, I was right there with Dan and NecroPhile in chat and I guess I just got lucky.  I got a ship noticed for the last batch the other day.  Curses looks really fun to me though. 

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2017, 10:21 AMDamn, I got fucked over by their piece of shit order system again.

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/03/2017, 10:34 AM

I had all the items in my cart at 9:00 AM and couldn't check out.
I decided to pass on Swapper but I generally don't have trouble ordering and would be happy to pass them on at cost to either of you. Just lmk what version and I'll try to order if you like.

Medic_wheat

Got my order in for curses on vita. Happy now.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/03/2017, 06:05 PMGot my order in for curses on vita. Happy now.
Yeah I ended up getting this one, looks fun.

NecroPhile

Thanks for the offer, Gypsy, but I managed to snag one in round two.

Flip it on ebay for max gouge!  There's already a bunch of 'em up for double or more.  :roll:

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2017, 06:17 PMThanks for the offer, Gypsy, but I managed to snag one in round two.

Flip it on ebay for max gouge!  There's already a bunch of 'em up for double or more.  :roll:
LOLS. I was only gonna try to buy if you or Dan wanted me to. Like if I'm forwarding it to someone on a forum that just likes games that is great, fuck dealing with Ebay headaches for like $10-15.

But anyway, glad to hear you got what you wanted.

NecroPhile

Oh, I misread that.  I thought you'd already bought it but didn't really want it.

I agree about flipping for profit.  It sounds like way too much work for just a few bucks.